OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, vit9696 said:

Recovery loading with non-zero ApECID is not yet implemented. Please be patient, the new stuff is in flux at the moment.

So is Recovery supposed to work with ApECID=0? If it is, it doesn't work for me (some logs provided earlier).

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tiem said:

Thanks for that but i was looking for a more "native" way.

On my laptop i need to press my Fn key to adjust sound volume and with that app i dont need to press Fn key for brightness and i was hoping to make sound and brightness the same (with the Fn key) so i will keep looking for a way to do it with OpenCore.

8 hours ago, MacNB said:

As you discovered, OpenCore does not have the equivalent of InjectNvidia in Clover and the dortania guide you have been using is incomplete regarding this "feature".

You have to manually inject your Nvidia graphics card's properties yourself.

There are two ways of doing this (a) Device Properties injection via config.plist and (b) by adding Device properties to the DSDT.aml.

Looks like you are trying (a) but it's seems incorrect.

First what you need is the IOREG file. Use IORegistryExplorer.App v2.1 and post it here. You will have to boot your system via Clover to do that.

You then extract the relevant device info and create the Device properties in the config.plist or DSDT.aml.

If you have a DSDT.aml, post it here and your config.plist

Thank you answer @MacNB

I can try but no effect.

My Ioreg attachment

KaoS’s iMac.ioreg

Hi to all

finally we have the chance to boot TRX40 system using Opencore 060 and latest AMD vanilla patches

DevirtualizeMMIO is on and now system boots fine (with any OSX)

It seems we miss NVRAM  and Nvidia kext are not loaded fine, also SIP could be a problem

Could it be related to the use of DevirtualizeMMIO quirk?

How to debug this last problem?

thank you in advance

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, MacNB said:

First what you need is the IOREG file. Use IORegistryExplorer.App v2.1 and post it here. You will have to boot your system via Clover to do that.

You then extract the relevant device info and create the Device properties in the config.plist or DSDT.aml.

I tried but I don't know what are the relevant device info in GFX0 element in IOReg. Initially I tried injecting device-id "0A65" and Family "Tesla" but I didn't get any signal after verbose.

As you can see in my previous post I have a GeForce 210 and in Clover it works fine with InjectNvidia flag. 

iMac di Gabriele.ioreg

2 hours ago, CappeXXIII said:

I tried but I don't know what are the relevant device info in GFX0 element in IOReg. Initially I tried injecting device-id "0A65" and Family "Tesla" but I didn't get any signal after verbose.

As you can see in my previous post I have a GeForce 210 and in Clover it works fine with InjectNvidia flag. 

iMac di Gabriele.ioreg

Post your config.plist. You may be entering the device-id incorrectly.

Do you have a DSDT.aml that you use for your system ?

Also, enable Screen Sharing in System Preferences so that you can remotely login to your system from another system after the system is booted to get the IOREG (even though you have no display output from the graphics card).

latest OC 0.6.1 wish to ask which setting is responsible for installing big sur in any lang?

I recently switched from oc 060 to oc 061 and did a re install of big sur beta four, the only problem is that it installs in Russian Lang and not Eng is this something to do with open core or ssdt?

thanks, I really like open core in the NVRAM settings their is a prev lang keyboard but its left at default which is 0

big sur 4 loads great I have two options, solve this issue or take up Russian!

On 10/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Pavo said:

Emulated NVRAM doesn’t work that way, it does what is outlined in the nvram.plist file. So..... in order for that to work, you would have to have something that will write to the nvram.plist every time you did an update or used Startup Disk for the boot order to change in the nvram.plist file. 

So they woukd not show up in efivarfs on Linux, for instance?

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

Post your config.plist. You may be entering the device-id incorrectly.

I leave my config.plist in attachment.

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

Do you have a DSDT.aml that you use for your system ?

No, I have only SSDT-PM generated by ssdtPRGen for power management for Sandy and Ivy bridge and SSDT-EC created by me following manual Dortania method.

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

Also, enable Screen Sharing in System Preferences so that you can remotely login to your system from another system after the system is booted to get the IOREG (even though you have no display output from the graphics card).

I tried, but I can't see my hack connected in my router.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

config.plist

Edited by CappeXXIII

3 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

latest OC 0.6.1 wish to ask which setting is responsible for installing big sur in any lang?

I recently switched from oc 060 to oc 061 and did a re install of big sur beta four, the only problem is that it installs in Russian Lang and not Eng is this something to do with open core or ssdt?

thanks, I really like open core in the NVRAM settings their is a prev lang keyboard but its left at default which is 0

big sur 4 loads great I have two options, solve this issue or take up Russian!

OpenCore defaults to Russian. To change it, there are two options:

1. NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > prev-lang:kbd > Use hex value of string "en-US:0" (or convert it to Base64 if editing as plain text).

2. During install, change the language to English. The menu order from left to right is: Apple Logo, OS X Utilities, File, Edit, Utilities, Window. Click the third option (File), then select the first choice, which happens to be "Language". Pick the one you want and it should save on your system - assuming you do not have a prev-lang:kbd setting one on your config.plist.

Although I too have considered, multiple times, learning Russian - different reasons though.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 1

I leave my config.plist in attachment.

No, I have only SSDT-PM generated by ssdtPRGen for power management for Sandy and Ivy bridge and SSDT-EC created by me following manual Dortania method.

I tried, but I can't see my hack connected in my router.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

config.plist

Device-ID injection is insufficient. Your system has panicked.

Inject nVidvia via an SSDT.

Try attached.

Rename the attached config file to config.plist and replace yours.

Copy the SSDT-GFX0.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder. 

SSDT-GFX0.aml

di Gabriele-config.plist

Edited by MacNB

5 hours ago, MacNB said:

Device-ID injection is insufficient. Your system has panicked.

Inject nVidvia via an SSDT.

Try attached.

Rename the attached config file to config.plist and replace yours.

Copy the SSDT-GFX0.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder. 

SSDT-GFX0.aml

di Gabriele-config.plist

Thanks you very much. Now i can run in recovery without nv_disable and without any glitch, so i reinstalled macos for removing all clover junk. It reboots and without any problem it finished the second part of installation but at the third (and last reboot) i get black screen with working mouse and when I press a key the screen flashes. I leave in the attachment a gif to explain it better.

Something was wrong with OC O.6.1 

0.6.1 / 3 august 2020 boot Mojave but latest 0.6.1 not boot, I can not provide any log because its an instant ShutDown

Catalina and Big Sur no issue with latest OC

EDIT*** Fix with

<key>SecureBootModel</key>

<string>Disabled</string>

Edited by chris1111

Hi guys,

I don't know it it has been discussed or not but I couldn't find anything regarding this matter so my question is: Is there any way to patch DoNotSeal option in Big Sur installation on the fly with OpenCore? Is that even possible to do it without having to edit the UpdateOptions.plist to prevent macOS to seal APFS Volume during installation?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CappeXXIII said:

Thanks you very much. Now i can run in recovery without nv_disable and without any glitch, so i reinstalled macos for removing all clover junk. It reboots and without any problem it finished the second part of installation but at the third (and last reboot) i get black screen with working mouse and when I press a key the screen flashes. I leave in the attachment a gif to explain it better.

Try different video output connector. 

Looks like default login port is on another connector.

Before you try to reinstall macOS, did the existing macOS boot correctly and provide video output ?

BTW, there was no reason to reinstall macOS just to remove Clover.

You can remove Clover by just following these instructions.

Just now, MacNB said:

Try different video output connector. 

I tried HDMI and VGA, now i will try also DVI.

Just now, MacNB said:

Looks like default login port is on another connector.

This is most likely because if I move the mouse cursor to the right disappears, as if in fact there was another display.

Just now, MacNB said:

Before you try to reinstall macOS, did the existing macOS boot correctly and provide video output ?

Same things, for that I reinstalled.

33 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Yesterday, I upated OpenCore to the latest build (0.6.1 Nightly) which has a new Security option called "SecureBootModel" which is set to "Default". In my case I had to disable it otherwise the system wouldn't boot. Normally it should not interfere the boot process if apple secureboot is disabled but in my case it did. Just in case, somebody else is facing issues after updating.

From the "Differences" PDF:

The system boots with the latest build.
Kernel patches are no longer loaded.

Can anyone pls share OC 0.6.1 KabyLake efi folder...bcu I made and tried so many time my Efi folder but every time I’m stucked on different karnel panic, apfs module start, don’t show macOS partition in 3 stage and my other problems...so I can’t find any way to...so pls if some have successfully boot with OC 0.6.1 Big Sur beta 4 kabylake pls share your efi folder 

12 hours ago, xKaoSx said:

My full Efi folder in link

I replied to you in that separate thread to Inject Nvidia. Try it.

I tried HDMI and VGA, now i will try also DVI.

This is most likely because if I move the mouse cursor to the right disappears, as if in fact there was another display.

Same things, for that I reinstalled.

It's a shame you reinstalled as your original OS had booted and you could have logged in remotely from another system to get the new IOREG.

Just now, MacNB said:

It's a shame you reinstalled as your original OS had booted and you could have logged in remotely from another system to get the new IOREG.

I know, it's my mistake. I configurated new macOS using nv_disable=1, enabled Remote Screen and removed nv_disable. So i rebooted and connected using VNC but i can see the same thing: a black screen with working pointer.

Edited by CappeXXIII