dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Антико said:

I tried with virtualsmc, and arguments were written - so far without result

config.plist

Update OC 0.6.0 Release.

Delete FakeSMC.kext and install VirtualSMC.kext

Update all kext

Open config OpenCore Configurator and go to Kernel Tab delete FakeSMC kext and add VirtualSMC.kext.

Go to NVRAM Tab and 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 UUID go Bootargs change "vsmcgen = 1"  "vsmcgen=1" and try.

Maybe change "vsmcgen=2" try.

27 minutes ago, xKaoSx said:

Обновление выпуска OC 0.6.0.

Удалите FakeSMC.kext и установите VirtualSMC.kext

Обновить весь кекст

Откройте config OpenCore Configurator и перейдите на вкладку Kernel, удалите FakeSMC kext и добавьте VirtualSMC.kext.

Перейдите на вкладку NVRAM и 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 UUID перейдите в Bootargs, измените "vsmcgen = 1" "vsmcgen = 1" и попробуйте.

Может поменять "vsmcgen = 2" попробовать.

No difference. Everything is already updated on OC 0.6.1., everything is updated, the error persists. I try to install from a flash drive, and from under Catalina - the result is the same

6 minutes ago, Антико said:

No difference. Everything is already updated on OC 0.6.1., everything is updated, the error persists. I try to install from a flash drive, and from under Catalina - the result is the same

Share to EFI folder

6 minutes ago, xKaoSx said:

Отключите DSDT.aml и попробуйте еще раз.

Какие части вашей системы?

I've tried it before - the result is the same. Asus x99 Deluxe, E5-2640 v3, GTX 770, ssd 860 evo

7 minutes ago, xKaoSx said:

If you disable dsdt , I get a kernel panic. I'll try your links tomorrow. Thank you for your time

MVIMG_20200807_000404.jpg

2 hours ago, vit9696 said:

OpenCore does not approach the EC anyhow, likely Clover also does not, at least not from what I know.

I rechecked the Ubuntu dmesg and noticed it forces _REV to 5, I got it backwards. I assume I'd have to hot-patch AppleACPIPlatform now to return 5 instead too, but I'm afraid I don't know how to find the actual binary data in order to replace it, I'm not that familiar with reverse engineering in that way.

With 10.15.6 I needed to unlock the MSR in my bios otherwise my machine would freeze running Geekbench however without the Kernel Quirk: AppleXcpmCfgLock the machine is slow and wont resume from sleep. Anyone have any suggestions on what to patch in the bios.

Edited by syn909

6 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Not sure where to post this, but AirportBrcmFixup breaks my wireless. Reverting back to 2.0.7 makes it work again.

More details here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/336089-airportbrcmfixup/?do=findComment&comment=2733233

AirportBrcmFixUp 2.0.8 are two drivers inside: for Big Sur, you have to load only Brcm NIC using boot-args. See Readme file in AirportBrcmFixUp repo: something like that: Brcmfx-driver=2

@vit9696 So I decided to go ahead and patch the AppleACPIPlatforms AcpiGbl_PreDefinedNames table to return 5 instead of 2 for _REV, to no success.

My approach:

Find: 1E8HAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAA

Replace: 1E8HAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAAAAAA

Any other hints I could follow?

My guess is that ResetHDA works in Clover because there's nothing being able to query _REV at the point where the device is being reset.

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

AirportBrcmFixUp 2.0.8 are two drivers inside: for Big Sur, you have to load only Brcm NIC using boot-args. See Readme file in AirportBrcmFixUp repo: something like that: Brcmfx-driver=2

I'm still on Mojave and have fixed my issue. See link:

I am sure there is a better way but this works.

EDIT:

I went back through and tried -brcmfx-driver=0|1|2|3 respectively without using a fake device-id and it did not work.

With fake device-id and no boot arg it works just fine (this is installation option 2 in README)

I am on Mojave (see signature) if that makes a difference.

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 1

Hoping someone can help. I'm on my second hackintosh build. It's my first time using Opencore and after following the Vanilla Guide I found that I could boot into the installer USB with OC, but nothing else. No operating systems are listed in the Opencore menu whether mac or otherwise. macOS Mojave is (half) installed on its own drive and Linux and Windows on their own drives as well.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'm missing something fairly simple as I've seen that others have successfully multiboot hackintoshed this board.

EFI.zip

Gigabyte ATX Motherboard Z490 VISION D

Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

9 minutes ago, HarryParkes said:

Hoping someone can help. I'm on my second hackintosh build. It's my first time using Opencore and after following the Vanilla Guide I found that I could boot into the installer USB with OC, but nothing else. No operating systems are listed in the Opencore menu whether mac or otherwise. macOS Mojave is (half) installed on its own drive and Linux and Windows on their own drives as well.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'm missing something fairly simple as I've seen that others have successfully multiboot hackintoshed this board.

EFI.zip

Gigabyte ATX Motherboard Z490 VISION D

Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Hi @HarryParkes

• Remove NDKBootPicker and his icons folder (non maintained since few month)
  • Update OC, Kexts and drivers to latest release via oc gen x or ocbuilder, or directly from accidentera repo in GitHub Pavo tools
  • Remove unnecessary drivers (a lot are unnecessary in your EFI folder) 
  • Check config.plist via Dortania guide  Opencore Guide for Comet Lake

Check your BIOS setting of course

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @HarryParkes

• Remove NDKBootPicker and his icons folder (non maintained since few month)
  • Update OC, Kexts and drivers to latest release via oc gen x or ocbuilder, or directly from accidentera repo in GitHub Pavo tools
  • Remove unnecessary drivers (a lot are unnecessary in your EFI folder) 
  • Check config.plist via Dortania guide  Opencore Guide for Comet Lake

Check your BIOS setting of course

Hi! @Matgen84

Thanks for writing back. I've cleaned out all that stuff in the EFI folder (I think most of it got added while trying to troubleshoot this issue)

Then I went through the Dortania guide again with a fine-toothed comb and produced a new config.plist from scratch. I also went through every guide I could find regarding the BIOS settings for the Gigabyte Z490 VISION D. Same problem, though. Only the USB installer shows up in the OC picker, besides the tool entries.

Here's my refreshed EFI folder: EFI2.zip

11 hours ago, HarryParkes said:

Hi! @Matgen84

Thanks for writing back. I've cleaned out all that stuff in the EFI folder (I think most of it got added while trying to troubleshoot this issue)

Then I went through the Dortania guide again with a fine-toothed comb and produced a new config.plist from scratch. I also went through every guide I could find regarding the BIOS settings for the Gigabyte Z490 VISION D. Same problem, though. Only the USB installer shows up in the OC picker, besides the tool entries.

Here's my refreshed EFI folder: EFI2.zip

Hi @HarryParkes

Ethernet kext is not for your modo, use IntelMausi.kext or IntelMausiEthernet.kext

The OC picker show up only macOS bootable disk. So, a half Mojave is not bootable ! What macOS are you using for your USB Installer? Try to install (or reinstall) the OS on the right drive, maybe a solution ! Don't forget to erase macOS disk before (clean install).

Find and install USBInjectAll for your USB (folder and config.plist). Once the OS is installed, you can create your own USBPorts.kext with Hackintool (in this forum).

You can find all you want for your Z490 in this repo (BIOS settings, EFI, USB ports config, etc): Z490 Vision D Be careful to the graphic card. You can use Imac19,1 instead of ImacPro1,1 (copy / paste from your actual EFI folder)

At this time, the important things is to install macOS correctly. I don't know multi boot parameters at all. :)

Please complete your signature with config details :yes:

Can someone help me. I am trying to boot mac os big sur. I'm now using opencore 0.6.0, Catalina 10.14.4 booting just fine, but when I tried mac os big sur its KP. I have tried to big sur before, the firs developer seed and using pre compiled opencore 0.6.0, not sure wich version, and it's working, but now It won't boot anymore using released version of opencore. I've tried using just 3 kexts (Lilu, virtualsmc, whatevergreen), tried using fakesmc, tried booting from installed big sur using apfs restoration on vm, updating to pre compiled oc 0.6.1, clearing nvram, using some combination on boot args, but it remain the same

my spec are :

Asus Vivobook F560UD

Intel Core I5 8250U

UHD 620

Nvidia GTX 1050

8GB DDR4 2400

Elan1200

DW1830

Here I upload the screenshoot and my OC folder. Thanks

Edit : My bad, forgot to remove conflicting voodoops2 kext with voodooi2c

OC.zip

IMG_5769.JPG

Edited by All_WE
Edit for fix

On 8/7/2020 at 10:51 AM, beidl said:

@vit9696 So I decided to go ahead and patch the AppleACPIPlatforms AcpiGbl_PreDefinedNames table to return 5 instead of 2 for _REV, to no success.

My approach:

Find: 1E8HAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAA

Replace: 1E8HAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAAAAAA

Any other hints I could follow?

My guess is that ResetHDA works in Clover because there's nothing being able to query _REV at the point where the device is being reset.

I do not believe it is ResetHDA that resolves your issue in Clover.

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @HarryParkes

Ethernet kext is not for your modo, use IntelMausi.kext or IntelMausiEthernet.kext

The OC picker show up only macOS bootable disk. So, a half Mojave is not bootable ! What macOS are you using for your USB Installer? Try to install (or reinstall) the OS on the right drive, maybe a solution ! Don't forget to erase macOS disk before (clean install).

Find and install USBInjectAll for your USB (folder and config.plist). Once the OS is installed, you can create your own USBPorts.kext with Hackintool (in this forum).

You can find all you want for your Z490 in this repo (BIOS settings, EFI, USB ports config, etc): Z490 Vision D Be careful to the graphic card. You can use Imac19,1 instead of ImacPro1,1 (copy / paste from your actual EFI folder)

At this time, the important things is to install macOS correctly. I don't know multi boot parameters at all. :)

Please complete your signature with config details :yes:

You know how when you're performing the installation, it reboots at about the last 2 minute mark. When I reboot, the install option on the SSD is not listed in the picker. How can i complete the install of Mojave without being able to successfully reboot to the new partition during the install process?

Edited by HarryParkes

58 minutes ago, HarryParkes said:

You know how when you're performing the installation, it reboots at about the last 2 minute mark. When I reboot, the install option on the SSD is not listed in the picker. How can i complete the install of Mojave without being able to successfully reboot to the new partition during the install process?

I don't understand well your question (I'm not English man). Why do you install Mojave ? There is Catalina and soon Big Sur...

OC picker show up "macOS Installer" (something like that) when you reboot. I don't use OpenCore for Mojave or Catalina installation.

Did you create an installation USB key? And try to boot on it successfully. If you can, the best way is to erase your disk and reinstall again at the beginning.

EDIT: check if ScanPolicy is setting to 0, for installation

Edited by Matgen84