OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Anyone with OC 0.6.0 / BigSur and an Aquantia AQC107 Card?

I have a Sonnet Solo10G SFP + which loads OOB in Catalina - with the exact same OC bootloader 0.6.0 config and which is not detected in BigSur.

This is the same version of kext (AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext - 1.0.64)

When I press the little magnifying glass in Hakintool (PCI Tab) in Catalina it points to the correct kext (/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion)
In Bigsur it points to an other kext.(/System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily)

Thanks for your help

AQBigSur.png

AQCatalina.png

Hi everbody.

I am so sorry my English very bad.

My system is write in down. I am running HS with Clover have a not problem but I am change to OpenCore is black screen. 

Clover only select InjectNvidia but OpenCore where is InjectNvidia ?

Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo

GPU : Zotac 9600GT

Ram : 8 GB DDR3

HDD: 250GB

My OpenCore EFI is too large in external links.

https://yadi.sk/d/QaAao8FUliOe6w

My Clover EFI is attachment.

GA-G41M-Combo + 9600GT Clover EFI.zip

Edited by xKaoSx

i get this command line tools beta 3 update on Final version macOS Catalina 10.15.6

i already unenrolled from beta promgramme why i get this beta update 

anyone have any idea how to remove this command line tools beta 3 update from software update under system preference

643047334_ScreenShot2020-07-29at9_33_42AM.jpg.fbaefba6b5d87db1f5c82748f9b5d708.jpg

4 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

i get this command line tools beta 3 update on Final version macOS Catalina 10.15.6

i already unenrolled from beta promgramme why i get this beta update 

anyone have any idea how to remove this command line tools beta 3 update from software update under system preference

From Terminal, type softwareupdate --list and after software update --ignore THE_UPDATE_YOU_DON'T_WANT (replace with the correct name) :) Use sudo if necessary.

16 hours ago, Hentz said:

Anyone with OC 0.6.0 / BigSur and an Aquantia AQC107 Card?

I have a Sonnet Solo10G SFP + which loads OOB in Catalina - with the exact same OC bootloader 0.6.0 config and which is not detected in BigSur.

This is the same version of kext (AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext - 1.0.64)

When I press the little magnifying glass in Hakintool (PCI Tab) in Catalina it points to the correct kext (/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion)
In Bigsur it points to an other kext.(/System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily)

Thanks for your help

This was discussed here and with a BS ß2 kext patch here. (I've not seen F/U using ß3.)

I seem to iron out most of the kinks on OC except this RTC thing. If I boot with bootcamp to Windows or Clover boots to Catalina, when I reboot, the rtc seems to sync with the bios RTC, hence I have no POST ERROR due to RTC loss power although the RTC still ticking in the bios. When I boot with OC, the sync seems to be out, the bios shows power loss somehow. If anyone can show me what I should do, I read so many RTC problems with OC, but none of them seem to pertain to my problem here. I tried DisableRtcChecksum = yes, WriteFlash = Yes, and none working. Everything works perfectly, although this problem doesn't affect the performance or booting, just have to boot twice, but it seems to contribute on Catalina installation while the hard drive is internal.

Thanks,

Louis

z_bios_time.jpg

z_rtc_loss.jpg

Edited by ltooz_audis

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

From Terminal, type softwareupdate --list and after software update --ignore THE_UPDATE_YOU_DON'T_WANT (replace with the correct name) :) Use sudo if necessary.

it is not eligible to be ignored

why i get this beta 

do you have another way

Spoiler

image.png.b3524144e3fbc416f9a0cb93b53c5449.png

11 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

it is not eligible to be ignored

why i get this beta 

do you have another way

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b3524144e3fbc416f9a0cb93b53c5449.png

@ameenjuz With Big Sur, ignoring software update is deprecated. I don't know that. So I don't know any other solution, sorry :cry: Except unenrolment for developers beta.

anyone who fail boot that stop apple logo after enter macos?

it is happen sometimes. just boot or booted windows and restart and boot macos then stop apple logo.

i used latest OC and Lilu and its kexts.
when use boot arg vsmcgen=1, never stop apple logo.

not sure. seems to be not surely fix from vsmcgen(VirtualSMC)

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Confused 2

Hey guys, I'm trying to set the name and slot on my BCRM/PCI adapter combo card. Why is it pulling IOName? What am I doing wrong?

Left is system info, right is my OC config

1825703091_ScreenShot2020-07-30at6_36_11PM.thumb.png.d3d0dc54fa8a91c4e0ce7e25fe07fa29.png

1 hour ago, galisrule said:

anybody got Apple TV going yet with Big Sur?

I had it working with iMacPro system definition with iGPU disabled but it does not work with iMac19,1 even with shikigva=80 boot arg.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

anyone who fail boot that stop apple logo after enter macos?

it is happen sometimes. just boot or booted windows and restart and boot macos then stop apple logo.

i used latest OC and Lilu and its kexts.
when use boot arg vsmcgen=1, never stop apple logo.

not sure. seems to be not surely fix from vsmcgen(VirtualSMC)

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I've a similar issue on hack MM8,1 reboot on Apple logo -> it needs -v option to boot. (Very strange, will make a debug log) 

• Like 1

Hi, guys.

Please help.

Jamming about the week to get opencore 0.6.0 to boot my system, Mojave.

Everything is fine with 0.5.8.

Following the Dortania guide for Skylake, but always ends with KP.
Maybe somebody take a look into my EFI and config.

My specs are:

Mainboard : Asus Z170-A

GPU : Radeon RX 560 4GB

Ram : 16 GB DDR4

HDD: 1TB

Thnx!

EFI.zip

config_Skylake_i5_3,2GHz.plist

On 7/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, FredWst said:

I've a similar issue on hack MM8,1 reboot on Apple logo -> it needs -v option to boot. (Very strange, will make a debug log) 

seems to fix problem in latest lilu

thanks vit9696 :)

11 minutes ago, tarvi47 said:

Hi, guys.

Please help.

Jamming about the week to get opencore 0.6.0 to boot my system, Mojave.

Everything is fine with 0.5.8.

Following the Dortania guide for Skylake, but always ends with KP.
Maybe somebody take a look into my EFI and config.

My specs are:

Mainboard : Asus Z170-A

GPU : Radeon RX 560 4GB

Ram : 16 GB DDR4

HDD: 1TB

Thnx!

EFI.zip

config_Skylake_i5_3,2GHz.plist

Have you tried using OC Gen-X? https://github.com/Pavo-IM/OC-Gen-X

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, Common_Sense said:

Hello!

Switch from Clover to OC went very well, I have a few questions that I hope you might have an answer to:

- In bios I can select "Opencore" as a boot option, don't know how it got there but it exists, it doesn't work however. Selecting "UEFI OS" does boot OC. Can I make the "Opencore" boot option to work, or maybe remove it?

- There are 2 error messages that seem a little off: 

1. "OCS: NO schema for HideSelf at 8 index, contect <Boot>" 2. "OCS: NO schema for BlacklistAppleUpdate at index 3, context <Security>"

Thanks!

// CS

EDIT: removed a question that I found the answer to :) Picker menu can be temporarily enabled by pressing alt/option key during boot

EDIT2: Scanpolicy to hide ESP partition insted of HideSelf

Hello ! How did you pass this error OCS: NO schema for BlacklistAppleUpdate at index 3, context <Security> ?

Removed the entry in my config.plist doesn't work :-( Thanls !

8 minutes ago, lesvink said:

Hello ! How did you pass this error OCS: NO schema for BlacklistAppleUpdate at index 3, context <Security> ?

Removed the entry in my config.plist doesn't work :-( Thanls !

After you have removed BlacklistAppleUpdate, then go to https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ and validate your config.plist, it can help you to find misstakes in your config.

BlacklistAppleUpdate have been removed in newer versions of Opencore and replaced with something else, not sure exactly what was replacing it.