OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

also it may be easier to debug when you "view as ASCII" to make sure your names match what you have.

$ echo NTM1MzQ0NTQ=|base64 -D

hex to ascii

53 53 44 54 => S S D T

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tluck said:

also it may be easier to debug when you "view as ASCII" to make sure your names match what you have.

$ echo NTM1MzQ0NTQ=|base64 -D

hex to ascii

53 53 44 54 => S S D T

If you use PlistEdit Pro, then you edit & view the data ASCII, Hex, etc.

Makes it real easy for patching ASCII where you literally entry the ASCII values e.g. EHC1 to EH01

See example below:

676929780_Screenshot2020-07-22at18_50_49.thumb.png.d289625f8759dd01e75346a727bb0d1c.png

3 hours ago, arsradu said:

My guess is that there's probably something wrong with the data you're trying to add for TableSignature.

My suggestion would be to compare your config.plist to the sample.plist provided by OC and see what's different. For example, here's what the TableSignature (in ACPI -> Delete) looks like.

Тhat was my problem, thank you.

• Like 1

@Download-Fritz, after update to Big Sur Beta 3 i got new entry with name "Preboot" in GUI OC (OpenCanopy), Actually i have Windows, Catalina and macOS Big Sur in my PC.

Now i see entry of "Windows, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur" and new entry "Preboot" after update to latest Big Sur Beta and use latest commit OpenCore.

is this normal??

57 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

after update to Big Sur Beta 3 i got new entry with name "Preboot" 

Same here, and I noticed entries were different from beta 1 and 2 during the different reboots, so not sure if it's opencore or apple.

However the system is running booting from Preboot in opencore: I'm not seeing any mac os big sur entry, only preboot and recovery with scanpolicy zero.

Edited by ghost8282

12 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Same here, and I noticed entries were different from beta 1 and 2 during the different reboots, so not sure if it's opencore or apple.

However the system is running booting from Preboot in opencore: I'm not seeing any mac os big sur entry, only preboot and recovery with scanpolicy zero.

me too. After update successfully from system preferences the Big Sur entry on the bootloader change name.

Also, I want to know if there are methods to activate temperature sensors and PM in this OS. I have a 4th gen i5, but I had to set smbios as an iMac Pro 1,1 for AppleTV app.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, MagicNAS said:

How can i remove the text that comes out before open core menu, I use 0.5.9 release version of OC.

are errors that you have in the config
you have to correct them 
uses ocvalidate and OCConfigCompare to remedy

anyone have Sandy Bridge working config for high sierra 

Model: AH512

IntelÆ CoreTM i3 processor 2.2 GHz

2GB DDR3 SDRAM

hard drive 320GB

Graphics Coprocessor     Intel HD Graphics 3000

Screen Resolution     1366 x 768

good day everybody just got one question 

anybody,whats the best scan policy digits if you running just windows and Mac only please anybody?

26 minutes ago, galisrule said:

anybody,whats the best scan policy digits if you running just windows and Mac only please anybody?

If you mean the value to be placed in the config.plist it is Zero like this '0' (without the quotes).

• Like 1

Good day hackintoshers!

I have a successful system but hoping to get boot time down. Looking under the logs the main time sinks are as follows:

19:329 14:943 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4242494E Size 1
27:097 07:767 OC: Trying XNU hook on System\Library\PrelinkedKernels\prelinkedkernel
27:237 00:139 OC: Kext reservation size 8294400
36:143 08:906 OC: Result of XNU hook on System\Library\PrelinkedKernels\prelinkedkernel is Success

the big 3 add almost 30 seconds to the boot time and I'm wondering if there's any way to speed these up?

I'm running 10.15.5 with FileVault2 and NVME SSD so I figured I could get boot time to under 30 seconds, but it takes me about 1 min to get from BootPicker to my system.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

If you mean the value to be placed in the config.plist it is Zero like this '0' (without the quotes).

using 0 would let all the efi shows up in the picker. don't want that at all there must another value I just can't figure out which one

but thanks for your reply anyway 

3 minutes ago, galisrule said:

using 0 would let all the efi shows up in the picker. don't want that at all there must another value I just can't figure out which one

but thanks for your reply anyway 

Actually it doesn't you need to have this entry in the config.plist as this.

Spoiler

2099468282_Screenshot2020-07-27at23_42_29.png.5a372c905bff041255bcb15911e43108.png

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, galisrule said:

I am using 0 on scan policy and I've enabled HideAuxiliary to hide like Tools and Recoveries.
All I have right now is: Windows, MacOS Catalina Partition Name, Preboot (For Big Sur)

1 minute ago, Iofifteen said:

I am using 0 on scan policy and I've enabled HideAuxiliary to hide like Tools and Recoveries.
All I have right now is: Windows, MacOS Catalina Partition Name, Preboot (For Big Sur)

If these entries are still showing despite the settings already made you need to edit your config.plist and go to each Tool you want hidden and remove Auxillary or enter it as Auxiliary No/False.

14 minutes ago, eSaF said:

If these entries are still showing despite the settings already made you need to edit your config.plist and go to each Tool you want hidden and remove Auxillary or enter it as Auxiliary No/False.

It's all working in my side, the only thing that annoys me is the "Preboot" entry title for Big Sur.

9 minutes ago, Iofifteen said:

It's all working in my side, the only thing that annoys me is the "Preboot" entry title for Big Sur.

Preboot from me disappeared without doing anything special, I only installed xcode 11.6 and compiled 
at restart the disk had its correct name, and this in both hacks where I tried bigpurge

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Iofifteen said:

Yea unfortunately it is a bug on a hack not so much on a real Mac, although some including my self has the entry Big Sur but originally was named Perboot but somehow reverted to Big Sur at some point after a few reboots - How, I wish I knew. This problem was not in the first 2 Betas so lets hope in the next (possibly Public Beta) all will be ok.

• Like 2