OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

It isn't required for Windows, OpenCore knows this way.

RequestBootVarRouting=true - surely need.

RequestBootVarRouting=true

i lost boot entry of BIOS in windows.

R.PNG.d86079a203968dd6f425c1830353142c.PNG

if RequestBootVarRouting=false

disable.PNG.1bee7d8bc9d10e5b990cf43a39cc40d4.PNG

i get same boot entry of BIOS in windows.

i prefer UEFI boot entry control in windows if needs.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, eSaF said:

I was abled to boot into the Big Sur Recovery Partition without any issues whatsoever after setting 'JumpstartHotPlug' as true, as a matter of fact, I now have 'true' as the default setting going forward.

I must add, no other setting was made to the config.plist to invoke this.

Lucky you! It still doesn't work for me (without the apfs.efi driver). As soon as I disable that driver, the error comes back and it just goes back to the boot picker.

I suppose you've got both EnableJumpstart and (now) JumpstartHotPlug enabled, right? If so, then I don't know... 

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Lucky you! It still doesn't work for me (without the apfs.efi driver). As soon as I disable that driver, the error comes back and it just goes back to the boot picker.

I suppose you've got both EnableJumpstart and (now) JumpstartHotPlug enabled, right? If so, then I don't know... 

Yes quite right I have both enabled. Just for the heck of it I tested the Recovery Partition and it worked flawless, when I got to the 'Disk Utility' Menu, I completely wiped the Disk and done a clean install (With both cheeks clinched as I didn't know if it would work :lol:) and at the end I was abled to boot into a clean install again. :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes quite right I have both enabled. Just for the heck of it I tested the Recovery Partition and it worked flawless, when I got to the 'Disk Utility' Menu, I completely wiped the Disk and done a clean install (With both cheeks clinched as I didn't know if it would work :lol:) and at the end I was abled to boot into a clean install again. :thumbsup_anim: 

Awesome find.

Has anyone been able to figure out killall Finder?   Kext modification possibilities?

• Like 1

Ive noticed recently on my laptop if I boot with OC I get the error in the picture but if I use bios to select to windows that device is fine.
Using latest master 0.6.0
I’ll upload config or anything else that may be needed if needed.
Please help, this affects windows performance substantially.
Spoiler d5e06830eefb264fe4bb40d1222c1501.jpg&key=1dd60a3bcf030ecdb4d4f79f76e5940732b3c8e0201de91f70a27b2fc546ec6d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything in OC I can test to fix this?
Can anyone confirm if this is in fact OC causing this or is it a laptop problem?

13 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there anything in OC I can test to fix this?
Can anyone confirm if this is in fact OC causing this or is it a laptop problem?

Just my stupid opinion: do you try to boot OC ---> Windows, without DSDT

Not yet but I will soon and I’ll modify this post to reflect the outcome.

[mention]Matgen84 [/mention]

One successful boot to windows without errors without DSDT so far. All my DSDT was doing was implementing my keys for brightness anyway as I don’t know how else to do it.

Will continue to test as one boot isn’t enough

• Like 1

According to the documentation it should be possible to boot an installed copy of Snow Leopard. I've tried here but just after the boot picker I get the message "OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported" and i'm kicked back to the bootpicker again. Are there any extra steps needed for Snow Leopard? I couldn't find anything.

1 hour ago, Riley Freeman said:

According to the documentation it should be possible to boot an installed copy of Snow Leopard. I've tried here but just after the boot picker I get the message "OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported" and i'm kicked back to the bootpicker again. Are there any extra steps needed for Snow Leopard? I couldn't find anything.

I am testing Legacy issues with @vit9696 and I had the same issue with SL.

He told me to use the OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi driver from Clover to boot FAT binaries.

Now SL boots fine via OC.

Eventually FAT binary support will make into OC (low priority) and in the meantime OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi works fine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MacNB said:

I am testing Legacy issues with @vit9696 and I had the same issue with SL.

He told me to use the OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi driver from Clover to boot FAT binaries.

Now SL boots fine via OC.

Eventually FAT binary support will make into OC (low priority) and in the meantime OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi works fine.

Thanks. That got me a little further along. I'm getting "OC: Prelink inject prepare error - Unsupported" instead, followed by a "couldn't allocate runtime area" stop shortly after loading the extensions.mkext from the SL volume.

I tried dropping in OsxAptioFixDrv.efi from Clover and that got the system to boot a little further but it reboots almost straight away after TSC Deadline Timer.

16 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

Thanks. That got me a little further along. I'm getting "OC: Prelink inject prepare error - Unsupported" instead, followed by a "couldn't allocate runtime area" stop shortly after loading the extensions.mkext from the SL volume.

I tried dropping in OsxAptioFixDrv.efi from Clover and that got the system to boot a little further but it reboots almost straight away after TSC Deadline Timer.

Remove OpenRuntime.efi for Legacy Boot.

What's the hardware ?

8 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Remove OpenRuntime.efi for Legacy Boot.

What's the hardware ?

I'll try that now. It's the X79 in my sig.

Update: Removing OpenRuntime made no difference here. Same behaviour as before, with and without OsxAptioFixDrv.

Edited by Riley Freeman

13 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

I'll try that now. It's the X79 in my sig.

I have all the post-install required SL kexts already in /S/L/E and the kext cache built manually (Ethernet, HDA, etc..).

So there's nothing OC need to do to inject kexts.

In the config.plist, the kernel sections Add has MinKernel set to 14.05.00 so that OC does not inject anything.

I am booting SL, YS, EC, SR, HS & Win 10 off the same config.plist (Hack 2 in my sig).

I have all the post-install required SL kexts already in /S/L/E and the kext cache built manually (Ethernet, HDA, etc..).
So there's nothing OC need to do to inject kexts.
In the config.plist, the kernel sections Add has MinKernel set to 14.05.00 so that OC does not inject anything.
I am booting SL, YS, EC, SR, HS & Win 10 off the same config.plist (Hack 2 in my sig).
hi can you upload your EFI?
I want to boot SL on Sandy HP Probook

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

hi can you upload your EFI?
I want to boot SL on Sandy HP Probook

Here's my EFI for Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop (still going strong):

MacNB-Dell-530-EFI.zip

Note this is an OLD Legacy boot system.

It does NOT have UEFI

It does NOT have NVRAM

There are a couple of issues booting OC Legacy on this system.

The Devs have found one of the issues with Duet booting for system with SATA controller with Raid and is now fixed in the Master.

There is another issue with Boot drive selection via Sys Pref Startup Disk for selecting Default boot drive (work-in-progress).

Legacy boot without working NVRAM will have an issue with macOS Updates - it cannot automatically choose "macOS Installer" so you have to enable Boot Picker BEFORE starting an Update. This is so that you can manually select the macOS Installer entry in the Boot Picker (I had to do that with Clover on this system). But for Snow Leopard that will not be a problem as there will be no more Updates but if you are multi booting then beware of the issue.

Regarding Snow Leopard, I had not touched it for a long long time. When I installed it a long time ago, it was the "old fashion" way: with the required Kexts installed in /S/L/E using KextUtil. That means patched AppleHDA, Ethernet kexts, etc. So even with Clover, nothing was injected. Same goes for OC. I may try injecting them as a test. The kexts in the EFI are for YS, EC, SR & HS.

I had to add OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi in order to load SL. As I mentioned above, OC will eventually embed this driver.

I am using iMac14,2 model ID but the system has an Intel Xeon 5450 CPU. In the config.plist I had PlatformInfo->Automatic=TRUE but gave an Unknown CPU in System Profiler because OC does not set the ProcessorType to the actual CPU but to CPU that a real iMac14,2 supports (I think). The only way to fix that was to set PlatformInfo->Automatic=FALSE and manually populate the SMBIOS section - just to add ProcessorType=0x0501. For your Sandy Bridge CPU you may have the same issue

BTW, I had to redo the DSDT.aml completely in order for OC to boot Windows 10. With the original DSDT I did many years ago, Windows boot would blue-screen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I had to add generous amounts of _OSI checks in many ACPI devices till it booted Windows. I will write a separate Topic on the subject.

• Like 1

Here's my EFI for Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop (still going strong):
MacNB-Dell-530-EFI.zip

Note this is an OLD Legacy boot system.
It does NOT have UEFI
It does NOT have NVRAM

There are a couple of issues booting OC Legacy on this system.
The Devs have found one of the issues with Duet booting for system with SATA controller with Raid and is now fixed in the Master.
There is another issue with Boot drive selection via Sys Pref Startup Disk for selecting Default boot drive (work-in-progress).
Legacy boot without working NVRAM will have an issue with macOS Updates - it cannot automatically choose "macOS Installer" so you have to enable Boot Picker BEFORE starting an Update. This is so that you can manually select the macOS Installer entry in the Boot Picker (I had to do that with Clover on this system). But for Snow Leopard that will not be a problem as there will be no more Updates but if you are multi booting then beware of the issue.

Regarding Snow Leopard, I had not touched it for a long long time. When I installed it a long time ago, it was the "old fashion" way: with the required Kexts installed in /S/L/E using KextUtil. That means patched AppleHDA, Ethernet kexts, etc. So even with Clover, nothing was injected. Same goes for OC. I may try injecting them as a test. The kexts in the EFI are for YS, EC, SR & HS.
I had to add OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi in order to load SL. As I mentioned above, OC will eventually embed this driver.

I am using iMac14,2 model ID but the system has an Intel Xeon 5450 CPU. In the config.plist I had PlatformInfo->Automatic=TRUE but gave an Unknown CPU in System Profiler because OC does not set the ProcessorType to the actual CPU but to CPU that a real iMac14,2 supports (I think). The only way to fix that was to set PlatformInfo->Automatic=FALSE and manually populate the SMBIOS section - just to add ProcessorType=0x0501. For your Sandy Bridge CPU you may have the same issue

BTW, I had to redo the DSDT.aml completely in order for OC to boot Windows 10. With the original DSDT I did many years ago, Windows boot would blue-screen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I had to add generous amounts of _OSI checks in many ACPI devices till it booted Windows. I will write a separate Topic on the subject.
thanks a lot.
i will try

I need some help cleaning what was left by OpenCore after I tested it and went back to Clover.

After the installation with Clover, everything works ok but it boots with boot-args=-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1.
Besides booting with verbose, these args are somehow breaking my sound. It worked before I tested the OC install.
I tried everything I found on the issue to get rid of these parameters but I cannot.

I tried Clover configurator (NVRAM parameter), sudo nvram -c and boot-args="" commands, bcdf boot rm at Clover terminal, bios reset, used VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext, F11 at Clover boot screen.
I even got another hd with a previous installation to test, but every time Clover boots it picks up these same options left over from Opencore in my NVRAM.

Any help getting rid of these parameters or resetting the NVRAM will be appreciated.

OC development team, please add instructions to completely clean OC settings.

Thank you.

Here is what is in my NVRAM somewhere and I cannot change. See below for example of nvram delete that did not work.

[Restored Jul 20, 2020 at 21:06:05]

Last login: Mon Jul 20 21:06:03 on console

Restored session: Mon Jul 20 21:04:35 CDT 2020

Yoda:~ su$ nvram boot-args

boot-args -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1

Yoda:~ su$ nvram -p

fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8 %00

fakesmc-key-NATi-ui16 %00%00

fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8* j78%00%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8* j78j78a%00

EFILoginHiDPI %00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32 %00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-BATP-flag %00

prev-lang:kbd en-US:0

fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8 %00

EmuVariableUefiPresent Yes

fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8 %00

security-mode none

csr-active-config g%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8 %01%00

fakesmc-key-REV -ch8* %02"%0f%00%00%16

fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16 %00%03

fakesmc-key-NATJ-ui8 %00

fakesmc-key-CLKH-{clh %00%00p%80%00%01%19@

fmm-computer-name Yoda

fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32 %00%00%03%00

fakesmc-key-NTOK-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32 %08%00%f0%00

fakesmc-key-CLKT-ui32 %00%01(%89

fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16 %00%00

SystemAudioVolume F

fakesmc-key-RMde-char A

specialbootdevice %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%12%0a%00%00%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00`%04%ec%1b%00%00%00%00%bd%e5Q%82\:%03L%94}%a3%ed%de%fe%bdk%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hB/%f2%f0,9%c1%b1H%b5R%80%95K%d5)%f2%7f%ff%04%00

flagstate %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-MSDW-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag %00

Yoda:~ su$ 

Yoda:~ su$ sudo -s

Password:

bash-3.2# nvram boot-args

bash-3.2# nvram -d boot-args

bash-3.2# nvram boot-args

nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found

bash-3.2# 

bash-3.2#

[Restored Jul 20, 2020 at 21:16:57]

Last login: Mon Jul 20 21:16:55 on console

Restored session: Mon Jul 20 21:15:39 CDT 2020

Yoda:~ su$ nvram -p | grep -i boot-args

Yoda:~ su$ 

Edited by paulog4
duplicated text

@paulog4 - Are you absolutely sure you removed every facet of OC and there is not a remnant of an EFI OC folder containing an OC confine.plist you thought you removed and is still being loaded? It's obvious if it is not there, it can't load. I suggest you do a full search of all your volumes specially if your multi-booting and find the elusive OC Folder or files that is still in the system. Good luck.

5 hours ago, paulog4 said:

OC development team, please add instructions to completely clean OC settings.

OC writes to NVRAM exactly what you configure it to, so read and understand your own config... your issue looks more like you either have borked NVRAM write or disabled it (DisableVariableWrite in OcQuirks or new Clobber)

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 2:53 AM, fusion71au said:

Hi @MorenoAv,

Just a few tid bits on dual booting macOS and Windows with OC...

1.  Since 0.5.9, OC can automatically detect UEFI Windows loader bootmgfw.efi --> no need for Custom Entry

2.  From OC documentation (Configuration.pdf) re OEM Windows activation...

"Windows may need to be reactivated. To avoid it consider setting SystemUUID to the original firmware UUID. Be warned, on old firmwares it may be invalid, i.e. not random. In case you still have issues, consider using HWID or KMS38 license or making the use Custom UpdateSMBIOSMode."

Personally, I set Kernel/Quirks/CustomSMBIOSGuid to YES and PlatformInfo/UpdateSMBIOSMode to Custom in my OC config.plist  ---> avoids Windows OEM activation problem (Windows keeps its original firmware UUID and macOS keeps its own SystemUUID).

PS I moved my reply here since I think it would be off topic in the Big Sur beta thread :)

OC cannot automatically detect UEFI Windows loader bootmgfw.efi using BlessOverride> \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

when i restart my laptop then i don't see boot picker menu  it is go to windows

i don't know this issue is bootstrap or lenovo laptop how to fix this

Spoiler

2130530730_ScreenShot2020-07-21at5_38.47PM1.jpg.68e1eb8645f969ad24873cbf54867712.jpg

my second question  how to configure Custom SMBois to avoid SystemUUID to the original firmware UUID

Edited by ameenjuz
edited

Thanks to the Acidanthera team:), Opencore runs pretty well on my X58 platform. The 0.6.0 beta version fixes the 0.59 shutdown and restart freeze issues.

This ensures that the Gulftown architecture's CPU is variable frequency and running at full speed.....

ACPI->Quirks:
FadtEnableReset=True

ResetHwSig=True

Kernel->Quirks:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock=True
AppleXcpmCfgLock=True
AppleXcpmExtraMsrs=True

UEFI->Quirks:
IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio=True

On 7/19/2020 at 1:18 AM, Matgen84 said:

my stupid question - how do you do that ------------------------------------^ ?
i can only boot windows currently via Clover - which of course just brings up bootmgfw natively.

I presume the reason windows10 is crashing after about 1 spin of the dots is a macOS compatible DSDT via OC.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:25 AM, Sherlocks said:

i want to remove two EFI and bootmgfw entries.

i tried to change Scan Policy bit. it is no luck.

1986870083_2020-07-189_24_28.png.7957c7e612d967d56ca27d8464389a05.png

anyone who give me tip?

uncheck FS_ESP

20 hours ago, MagicNAS said:

How can i remove the text that comes out before open core menu, I use 0.5.9 release version of OC.

My guess is that there's probably something wrong with the data you're trying to add for TableSignature.

My suggestion would be to compare your config.plist to the sample.plist provided by OC and see what's different. For example, here's what the TableSignature (in ACPI -> Delete) looks like.

1868016853_Screenshot2020-07-22at17_53_26.thumb.png.348f95046603ce92455903d7f483fea8.png

• Like 1