OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

How can I build OpenCore. Xcode keeps giving me an error of xcbuild.tool even though it is there in the folder

How can I build OpenCore. Xcode keeps giving me an error of xcbuild.tool even though it is there in the folder

Also, I keep getting SIGABRT error on my USB even if I use the same EFI folder which successfully booted into Big Sur

2 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

Also, I keep getting SIGABRT error on my USB even if I use the same EFI folder which successfully booted into Big Sur

Lenovo ThinkBook 13s-IML laptop and these are the specs:

Codename Kaby Lake-U/Y
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Chipset
Northbridge Intel Comet Lake rev. 0C
Southbridge Intel Comet Lake PCH rev. 00

Memory SPD
Memory type DDR4
Module format SO-DIMM
Size 8192 MBytes
Max bandwidth DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)

Mainboard Model LNVNB161216 (0x000002B1 - 0x9FAA9BE0)

Display Adapters
Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Board Manufacturer Lenovo
Codename Comet Lake GT2
Technology 14 nm
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x17AA)
Model ID 0x9B41 (0x3F15)
Revision ID 0x2

I'm trying to install catalina 10.15.5 with opencore 0.5.9 but any configuration I try get stuck :

EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and I can't do the installation.

cfg_lock in bios is enabled and cannot be disabled. When I tried to extract the BIOS to patch it up and edit it with ifrextract it tells me protocol: Unknown
The bios, however, is locked for writing, therefore the various methods of modifying the cfg lock do not work. 

So i've enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock e AppleXcpmCfgLock

I've try SetupVirtualMap e RebuildAppleMemoryMap n/n n/y y/y e y/n nothing

Then i've try with DevirtualiseMmio and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs and Fakecpuid

but rest Stuck at EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

I tried different versions of opencore from 0.5.7 to 0.5.9 and also 0.6.0,but the result does not change.

It seems that the same problem afflicts the lenovo carbon x1 7th with comet lake on board, and my thinkbook shares with the latter 99% of the hardware only changes the chassis, and no one has managed to boot it up to now .

Sorry for my english and please help me.

whatsapp_image_2020-06-23_at_19-58-48-jp

@vit9696 can you throw some light on why the issue in attached picture below happens? Forcing different smc gen doesn't help, nor does the clean/reset NVRAM.

I suspect this is due installing the os for testing in the same container as macOS Catalina? Or is it something else? I've been trying to debug myself but haven't got any progress since yesterday. 

The logs are a bit misleading as there are many `OTA` related entries. Since we are using a standalone installer, I don't think it is related to OTA.

As always, thanks for your amazing work. You're such an inspiration.

UPDATE: It is related to SMC, make sure you install with `vsmcgen=1` (you may remove the boot-arg after installing). "Install with" means, you have to boot the installler and then install macOS with that boot-arg in place. In my case, I installed without that boot-arg and then when it started panicking I added the boot-arg which didn't help. 

Spoiler

IMG_20200706_091543.jpg

Edited by black.dragon74
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, ghost8282 said:

mmmmm...now hangs at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices".

Beta 2 installed without issues (apart booting into recovery, not compatible).

I think it didn't hang in beta 1 at Forcing CS_RUNTIME: this time I didn't shutdown, I had lunch, had a cup of coffee and then I saw it was unlocked, maybe it lasted 10-15+ minutes.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, black.dragon74 said:

In my case, I installed without that boot-arg and then when it started panicking I added the boot-arg which didn't help.

Strange...because was different in my case, I started the installation without that boot-arg, asked here in the forum, added the boot-arg and started again from Preboot.

Anyway, another thing to try if hanging with that error.

Update: with beta 2 I missed the vsmcgen arg and adding it after didn't solve the issue; so as you pointed out, that arg should be set from the beginning!

Edited by ghost8282

On 7/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, albi74 said:

Lenovo ThinkBook 13s-IML laptop and these are the specs:

Codename Kaby Lake-U/Y
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Chipset
Northbridge Intel Comet Lake rev. 0C
Southbridge Intel Comet Lake PCH rev. 00

Memory SPD
Memory type DDR4
Module format SO-DIMM
Size 8192 MBytes
Max bandwidth DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)

Mainboard Model LNVNB161216 (0x000002B1 - 0x9FAA9BE0)

Display Adapters
Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Board Manufacturer Lenovo
Codename Comet Lake GT2
Technology 14 nm
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x17AA)
Model ID 0x9B41 (0x3F15)
Revision ID 0x2

I'm trying to install catalina 10.15.5 with opencore 0.5.9 but any configuration I try get stuck :

EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and I can't do the installation.

cfg_lock in bios is enabled and cannot be disabled. When I tried to extract the BIOS to patch it up and edit it with ifrextract it tells me protocol: Unknown
The bios, however, is locked for writing, therefore the various methods of modifying the cfg lock do not work. 

So i've enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock e AppleXcpmCfgLock

I've try SetupVirtualMap e RebuildAppleMemoryMap n/n n/y y/y e y/n nothing

Then i've try with DevirtualiseMmio and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs and Fakecpuid

but rest Stuck at EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

I tried different versions of opencore from 0.5.7 to 0.5.9 and also 0.6.0,but the result does not change.

It seems that the same problem afflicts the lenovo carbon x1 7th with comet lake on board, and my thinkbook shares with the latter 99% of the hardware only changes the chassis, and no one has managed to boot it up to now .

Sorry for my english and please help me.

whatsapp_image_2020-06-23_at_19-58-48-jp

Is there a guru who can help me? please. I don't know what else to try.

@vit9696 vital ti mogul mne pomoch or @Andrey1970 or anyone could you decipher what some of those codes in oc mean

05:073 00:069 AAPL: [EB|`WL:PWLFNV] Err(0xE) @ GV wake-failure
05:143 00:069 AAPL: [EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:PWLFNV
05:216 00:073 AAPL: [EB|#WL:DT] 0x00 0x00   1 0x01
05:287 00:070 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKC] BPDK -> (System\Library\KernelCollections\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development)
05:359 00:071 AAPL: [EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development)
05:430 00:071 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKC] BPDK,!R -> (System\Library\KernelCollections\BootKernelExtensions.kc)
08:603 03:173 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKFS] } Ok(0)
08:681 00:077 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKC] } Ok(0)
08:753 00:072 AAPL: [EB|#FWFM] 0xFF1FFF3F
08:826 00:072 AAPL: [EB|#FWFT] 0xFC0FE13F
08:919 00:092 AAPL: [EB|#BST:REV1]
08:989 00:070 AAPL: [EB|#CSR:OUT] 0x00000040
09:060 00:071 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] {
09:137 00:076 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] BA.ADSZ: 0
09:207 00:070 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] BA.KSDSZ: 0
09:278 00:070 AAPL: [EB|#SB:SBGMFNS] (x86legacyap.im4m)
09:350 00:072 AAPL: [EB|#RH:PF] (usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash)
09:421 00:070 AAPL: [EB|#RH:MF] (usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash.x86legacyap.im4m)
09:491 00:070 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LF] FIO: 0, DIR: 1, P: usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash, DP: 0
09:564 00:072 AAPL: [EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash)
09:634 00:070 AAPL: [EB|`RH:LRH] Err(0xE) @ LF (P)
09:704 00:070 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] Err(0xE) @ PBARVRH
09:797 00:093 AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
09:870 00:072 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:DT] 2020-07-10T16:36:47
09:940 00:070 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-07-10T16:36:47

oc noboot.jpg

Edited by markl18

Trying to port from Clover to OC on 10.13.6

Can anybody specify what could be the issue for this kernel panic?

30:747 00:151 OCAK: PowerStateTimeout replace count - 0
30:804 00:056 OCAK: Failed to apply power state patch - Not Found
30:893 00:089 OCAK: AppleCpuPmCfgLock v1 replace count - 10
30:950 00:056 OCAK: Patch v1 success com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
31:007 00:056 OCAK: AppleCpuPmCfgLock v2 replace count - 0
31:215 00:207 OCAK: RemoveUsbLimitIoP1 replace count - 0
31:271 00:056 OCAK: Failed to apply P1 patch com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily - Not Found
31:331 00:059 OCAK: RemoveUsbLimitV2 replace count - 1
31:388 00:057 OCAK: Patch success com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
31:445 00:056 OCAK: AppleIoMapper replace count - 1
31:501 00:056 OCAK: Patch success com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily AppleIoMapper

My most probable guess is this RemoveUSBLimitIoP1 patch, how can I make its "count - 0" to "count - 1"?

opencore-2020-07-09-123511.txt

efi.zip

panic.jpg

On 7/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, black.dragon74 said:

@vit9696 can you throw some light on why the issue in attached picture below happens? Forcing different smc gen doesn't help, nor does the clean/reset NVRAM.

I suspect this is due installing the os for testing in the same container as macOS Catalina? Or is it something else? I've been trying to debug myself but haven't got any progress since yesterday. 

The logs are a bit misleading as there are many `OTA` related entries. Since we are using a standalone installer, I don't think it is related to OTA.

As always, thanks for your amazing work. You're such an inspiration.

UPDATE: It is related to SMC, make sure you install with `vsmcgen=1` (you may remove the boot-arg after installing). "Install with" means, you have to boot the installler and then install macOS with that boot-arg in place. In my case, I installed without that boot-arg and then when it started panicking I added the boot-arg which didn't help. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20200706_091543.jpg

When I upgraded from bigsur b1 to b2 version using ota method, when booting from macos installer, the same phenomenon happened!

I need help regarding opencore 0.60 Bios being written to whilst trying to install Big Sur I have noticed that the Bios sometimes retains old booter information and throws up an error when re booting the system. In the past I have had to re flash the bios to get rid of the old opencore boot option. Is there a way to remove from the bios so that it shows the most current information. My motherboard is an Asrock Phantom Gaming 9 z390 using debug version of opencore 0.60

with debug kernel extensions.

is there anything in the config file that would prevent wriiting to the bios?

I need some help... I have followed the guide https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/haswell.html to the letter, but no matter what i do after 30 sec or so the BBOD (beach ball of death) occurs and everything hangs, I did enable the DummyPowerManagement according to the troubleshoot and double checked that I don't have any more than the necessary Kexts for now. 

My laptop is:

Acer Aspire E1-572

- i7-4500u

- 16gb ram

- 480gb SSD

- No dGPU, only iGPU (HD4400)

- Ethernet is broadcom  

EFI.zip

36 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Hey all, i've got a file in my trash that won't delete so i need to boot into safe mode to see if that will work. How do i boot into safe mode with OC?

It should be -x boot args, if it doesn't work have a look at EnableSafeModeSlide (default should be enabled, with ProvideCustomSlide).

Edited by ghost8282

4 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

It should be -x boot args, if it doesn't work have a look at EnableSafeModeSlide (default should be enabled, with ProvideCustomSlide).

I just tried -x and it boots to black screen.

I am not sure how to use the other options and dont want to mess up my install.

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I just tried -x and it boots to black screen.

I am not sure how to use the other options and dont want to mess up my install.

Check the other quirks I mentioned, you can always revert by booting into openshell and change them back!

4 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Check the other quirks I mentioned, you can always revert by booting into openshell and change them back!

Both quirks are already set to true.

When i tried -x i also used -v but surely that wouldn't be a problem?

Black screen happens in both Big Sur and Catalina

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Both quirks are already set to true.

When i tried -x i also used -v but surely that wouldn't be a problem?

Black screen happens in both Big Sur and Catalina

When this happens it is usually the remnants of a hidden file, try invoking 'reveal all' and then empty the Bin - Should work. Good luck

When this happens it is usually the remnants of a hidden file, try invoking 'reveal all' and then empty the Bin - Should work. Good luck

I believe I tried that and it didn’t work but will try again when I can, strange thing is I can rename the folder that is in the bin but I can’t empty it.
Sorry if this is o/t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I believe I tried that and it didn’t work but will try again when I can, strange thing is I can rename the folder that is in the bin but I can’t empty it.
Sorry if this is o/t.

Yea I have come across this glitch before in Catalina and as I described before, that was the only remedy I found to empty the Bin of the pesky files, hope you find a solution without balking your install or maybe someone will come up with another viable idea. Good luck.

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Sorry if this is o/t.

in plain terminal try  ls -al it will show whole bunch of .trash and other .something directories to remove them try rm -Rf .* they usually are found in top EFI directory

13 hours ago, osxone said:

I need help regarding opencore 0.60 Bios being written to whilst trying to install Big Sur I have noticed that the Bios sometimes retains old booter information and throws up an error when re booting the system. In the past I have had to re flash the bios to get rid of the old opencore boot option. Is there a way to remove from the bios so that it shows the most current information. My motherboard is an Asrock Phantom Gaming 9 z390 using debug version of opencore 0.60

with debug kernel extensions.

is there anything in the config file that would prevent wriiting to the bios?

From what you've written, I think you want to change "Misc/Security/BootProtect" from "Bootstrap" to "None". Aside from that boot instruction, I don't believe OC writes anything else to BIOS.

Edited by iGPU