OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2020 at 6:35 AM, gorans said:

Update:
Disk not mounting solved by cleaning /etc/fstab. Now working great.

Hi Sir,

Can you please let me know how you managed to get the mounting issue resolved.

I am stuck at the same exact error

hfs_mountroot failed :13

Hi there! Hope someone can help me out. I'm running macOS 10.15.5 on a thinkpad T480 with only one issue: My SSD speeds get very low after waking up from sleep. I already tried with and without NVMeFix kext and also with and without hibernationFix kext without any success.

Before sleep I get 1400MB/s for both writting and reading, but after sleep I'm getting only 400MB/s. I already tried to disable one kext at the time until ending with the essentials to make my computer boot.

SSD is SM961 (which suppossesdly works well with hackintosh). I asked if this problem is reproducible to some people which already uses the same SSD but they reffer that for them it works without any trouble. Speeds are important to me because I work with VM's.

I attatch my EFI folder. If I can do something else to find the solution to this problem please let me know.

Edit: can't add files bigger than 10MB and somehow my EFI zip file weights 20MB. Here I leave a wetransfer link: https://we.tl/t-uPuo8EBI1I

3 hours ago, zombillano said:
Hi there! Hope someone can help me out. I'm running macOS 10.15.5 on a thinkpad T480 with only one issue: My SSD speeds get very low after waking up from sleep. I already tried with and without NVMeFix kext and also with and without hibernationFix kext without any success.

Before sleep I get 1400MB/s for both writting and reading, but after sleep I'm getting only 400MB/s. I already tried to disable one kext at the time until ending with the essentials to make my computer boot.

SSD is SM961 (which suppossesdly works well with hackintosh). I asked if this problem is reproducible to some people which already uses the same SSD but they reffer that for them it works without any trouble. Speeds are important to me because I work with VM's.

I attatch my EFI folder. If I can do something else to find the solution to this problem please let me know.

Edit: can't add files bigger than 10MB and somehow my EFI zip file weights 20MB. Here I leave a wetransfer link: https://we.tl/t-uPuo8EBI1I

Hey, might be a stupid question but is your cpu running to its full speed when needed? T480 in general for me has been really bad for throttling on both Windows and Linux. Basically fan stops working after a time and cpu scales back to about 700mhz to 1ghz causing me serious perf issues and ending up in a reboot. Usually this occurs after a sleep. Seems it’s a well known throttling issue Lenovo has yet to fix. Might be worth opening intel power app when running the ssd test to see.

Edited by Cass67

12 hours ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Hi everyone.

I am following the Githubs for OpenCore, Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and VirtualSMC... Noticed all of them are in the process of being updated for macOS 11.0.

Receiving several commits related to it.

Does this mean the next release of OC as well as these kexts, will offer full support for Big Sur, and we'll be able to update to it or clean install as normal?

No, at least not in the "usual way".

Since kexts cannot be injected (yet..who knows if it will be possible..) during the installation, you need a preinstalled image of the os and make some modifications to nvram variables to make kext injection compatible.

On qemu it's possible to install through vnc, so without any kext needed, and apply compatible kext injection mode after installation, but with real hackintosh machines I think that for now it's not possible.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cass67 said:

Hey, might be a stupid question but is your cpu running to its full speed when needed? T480 in general for me has been really bad for throttling on both Windows and Linux. Basically fan stops working after a time and cpu scales back to about 700mhz to 1ghz causing me serious perf issues and ending up in a reboot. Usually this occurs after a sleep. Seems it’s a well known throttling issue Lenovo has yet to fix. Might be worth opening intel power app when running the ssd test to see.

Thanks for asking! No, it isn't throttling at all, yours might be the one with dGPU (MX150) because mine does not suffer that issue (mine doesn't have dGPU). Certainly it is quitely more warm running macOS than linux/windows, but doesn't reach the throttling temperature (90º C), while yours might be throttling at something like 70" C. I even can apply the same undervolting that I can under linux/windows.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks for asking! No, it isn't throttling at all, yours might be the one with dGPU (MX150) because mine does not suffer that issue (mine doesn't have dGPU). Certainly it is quitely more warm running macOS than linux/windows, but doesn't reach the throttling temperature (90º C), while yours might be throttling at something like 70" C. I even can apply the same undervolting that I can under linux/windows.

Any other suggestion?

Nah mine does not have dGPU. Probably does throttle at 70ish.. I have undervolting and it does not matter without running throttled, helps a bit but when the fan disappears it’s game over and need reboot. Only thing I ever seen perf issues with T480, it’s why I brought it up in case you had same issue. Never seen a SSD slow down otherwise. Sorry can’t suggest anything here.. have a OT question though, you have native WiFi working or use a dongle in OSX?

Any other suggestion?

Nah mine does not have dGPU. Probably does throttle at 70ish.. I have undervolting and it does not matter without running throttled, helps a bit but when the fan disappears it’s game over and need reboot. Only thing I ever seen perf issues with T480, it’s why I brought it up in case you had same issue. Never seen a SSD slow down otherwise. Sorry can’t suggest anything here.. have a OT question though, you have native WiFi working or use a dongle in OSX?

On 5/27/2019 at 2:08 PM, Andrey1970 said:

Place the file .contentDetails in the folder EFI/Boot on Windows EFI partition.

1131978561_2019-05-2716_02_02.png.5581e29b3ccfb18ef5376817449d2b70.png

IMG_0307.thumb.jpeg.047d43b91f5b633a0294b4f7835c89db.jpeg

Thanks @Andrey1970 - I did this for Ubuntu (accessed via root and /boot/efi (which is where its mounted to) and then inside EFI/BOOT subfolder. If it reset the NVram it picks it up but after every boot of Ubuntu it's gone again unless I reset the nvram again.  Any idea how I make the Nvram stop emptying itself?

3 hours ago, Cass67 said:

Don't worry, I asked everywhere but I still can't find a solution... Maybe I'd open an issue at acidanthera's github repo. I'm using native Intel AC8265 with ITLWM kext and heliport. Both Wifi and Bluetooth works without any issue. Your thermal issue sounds weird to me, maybe you can ask for help with that at thinkpad's subreddit, could be a hardware issue.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, wrk73 said:

Why does windows defender mark OC Bootstrap.efi as an virus?

Can anyone take a look on it?

image.png.a6d437e42f562d07aab7004908cf68b0.png

depending on how recent the defender information is, it will flag anything that might take control away from Microsoft boot manager's EFI. so in that since yes bootx64 is a virus, because Microsoft doe not control it.

HBP

On 6/26/2020 at 7:02 PM, MacNB said:

Thanks @Rodion2010

I tried your script. Same result as @vit9696's modified version.

That is, when using Startup Disk from System Pref to set the default, it does not work. Boot picker shows entry 1.

1 is WriteFlash enabled?

2 does nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080 show different values when switching from Startup Disk?

3 attach more logs please

4 run logouthook manually, does it create nvram.plist with correct values?

Edited by Rodion2010
  • Like 2

After finishing installation of macOS Big Sur I still have "macOS Installer" boot option, where do you guys think it can come from? disk6 shown below is the only macOS disk, all others are Windows or exFAT for storage. Can it be an OpenCore bug or is there some file I need to delete somewhere?

Thank you :)

457489708_bootoptions.thumb.png.400f456bdf20b9e6c56be650e8bc52e2.png

1671007636_Screenshot2020-06-29at15_51_47.png.9ffa2bc5b985376c82e210fd15197e41.png

40 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Common_Sense Check the log...?

I have an OpenCore log generated in the ESP partition but it does not give that much info I am afraid. I include the log below. I did read about someone saying that he rename a partition and OpenCore sees the old name, so maybe something is going on? This partition did exist previously, I guess after macOS is installed this boot option should disappear? 

opencore-2020-06-29-142442.txt

Edit:

Could it be because macOS keeps an update located in /System/Volumes/Update and therefore a "macOS Install" boot option is shown? Should I just wipe the folder? Or maybe that is very stupid.

883340600_Screenshot2020-06-29at16_48_19.png.02c6c59385dbc15227abf6af9d41df80.png

Edited by Common_Sense

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out an issue but I couldn't find my answer. with the recent builds of OC I'm getting this error which I don't get with OC 0.6.0 which I built few days ago. The system that I get this error on is my Haswell rig (i5 4650) which I installed and booted Big Sub recently (via VM of course).

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6629.jpg

config.plist

13 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

1 is WriteFlash enabled?

2 does nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080 show different values when switching from Startup Disk?

3 attach more logs please

4 run logouthook manually, does it create nvram.plist with correct values?

Hi @Rodion2010

1. WriteFlash = False. But does not seem to make any difference if I set it to True.

2. nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080 does not show different value when switching via Startup disk selection.
    However, nvram efi-boot-device variable does change AFTER Startup Disk selection (just before reboot). It's ASCII (?) and not Base64.

4. When I ran your logouthook manually, it creates nvram.plist but not with the correct Boot0080 value that does not match efi-boot-device  (see attached) logs below.

3. Ok. I ran some more test & boots and attach lots of logs & nvram files (filenames indicates what I did). These are the steps:

It looks like Startup disk selection saved in efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data variables are not being "transferred" to Boot0080 variable. I think the original logouthook script attempted that but your modified version does not. 

Apologies if there's too much data but I tried to be comprehensive and hope my explanation makes sense. You did ask for more logs :)

CC: @vit9696

Thanks

13 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out an issue but I couldn't find my answer. with the recent builds of OC I'm getting this error which I don't get with OC 0.6.0 which I built few days ago. The system that I get this error on is my Haswell rig (i5 4650) which I installed and booted Big Sub recently (via VM of course).

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6629.jpg

config.plist

Have you checked the OC log file. before halting on critical error, there's a reason entered in the log file.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Sorry I'm new to OC and I can't find the log. Where can I find it?

P.S.

Never mind, I managed to generate the log. I attached it.

opencore-2020-06-30-115116.txt

That log does not help as it has not logged all OC debug tot the log file (mostly Apple boot.efi log).

You need to enable OC debug-to-file in the config.plist by setting:
Misc->Debug->Target=0x43

(see configuration.pdf Section 8.4 Page 33)

You have it set to 0x03 which is basic debug to screen (not to file)

EDIT: Also if you trying to boot Big Sur, the OC Quirks for XCPM msrs may not be done yet

Edited by MacNB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MacNB said:

That log does not help as it has not logged all OC debug tot the log file (mostly Apple boot.efi log).

You need to enable OC debug-to-file in the config.plist by setting:
Misc->Debug->Target=0x43

(see configuration.pdf Section 8.4 Page 33)

You have it set to 0x03 which is basic debug to screen (not to file)

No it wasted to 67 (decimal) which is 0x43 (hex) I double checked and even though I changed it to  127 (decimal) 0x7F (hex) the log is the same.

OC won't boot much after:

14:784 00:239 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKC] BPDK,!R -> (System\Library\KernelCollections\BootKernelExtensions.kc)
16:866 02:081 OCAK: Failed to locate _xcpm_core_scope_msrs - Not Found

and the system halts there, so I guess there is nothing else to be logged. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Sad 1