OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

He won’t judge you harshly, he’ll scalp you then crucify you(hope it won’t come to it):hysterical:

Oh god please No :hysterical: - You know whilst writing that piece above, I somehow knew I'd gone a step too far :lol:

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, markl18 said:

dear @MaLd0N please help me with this dsdt file 

DSDT-YOGA2PRO.dsl

I googled your specs and deduced it is a Laptop - Although MaL is a Mod here on IM, I don't know how often he looks in these days so if allowed, you're better off posting directly to the Olarila Site to get his attention. Good luck

20 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Really off-topic now (the fact that you cannot compile your DSDT) as it is not related with OC. Thank you.

I have about 5 AE_NOT_FOUND inIGPU or HPET or others in my OpenCore config.plist because I can't resolve this how is this of topic

config.plist

Edited by markl18

14 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I have about AE_NOT_FOUND inIGPU or HPET or others in my OpenCore config.plist because I can't resolve this how is this of topic

config.plist

I am not an OC expert but listing Lilu.kext as the first kext in the lists under Kernels is deemed to be important in building the OC Folder tree or has it changed unknown to me? the reason I asked, in your config.plist you have it listed at number 5, I dare say other things are also out of place but I am not going any further.

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I am not an OC expert but listing Lilu.kext as the first kext in the lists under Kernels is deemed to be important in building the OC Folder tree or has it changed unknown to me? the reason I asked, in your config.plist you have it listed at number 5, I dare say other things are also out of place but I am not going any further.

wow that website it took barely 5min to answer with fully compiled dsdt.aml file what a service I can't believe my own eyes 

12 minutes ago, eSaF said:

The entry is a array, which means ordering matters. Lilu is required to load any plugin. As such it has to be first.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I have about 5 AE_NOT_FOUND inIGPU or HPET or others in my OpenCore config.plist because I can't resolve this how is this of topic

config.plist

:rolleyes: Your DSDT errors are nothing, nothing to do with OpenCore. OpenCore does NOT cause AE_NOT_FOUND errors.

That is why I said that you should fix your DSDT on another UNRELATED TO OC topic, then come back here if you have OC problems.

You are expecting people here to fix everything about your system without you you actually making some effort.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MacNB said:

:rolleyes: Your DSDT errors are nothing, nothing to do with OpenCore. OpenCore does NOT cause AE_NOT_FOUND errors.

That is why I said that you should fix your DSDT on another UNRELATED TO OC topic, then come back here if you have OC problems.

You are expecting people here to fix everything about your system without you you actually making some effort.

first of all proper tree keeps on sticking everything according to alphabetical order no matter how Manny times I keep on rearranging 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, markl18 said:

first of all proper tree keeps on sticking everything according to alphabetical order no matter how Manny times I keep on rearranging 

Are you sure about that? Because I didn't find that happening to me each time I compile or update a new OC EFI Folder.

26 minutes ago, markl18 said:

wow that website it took barely 5min to answer with fully compiled dsdt.aml file what a service I can't believe my own eyes 

Yes I did check over at MaL's and he gave you what you asked for so hopefully he put you right (and forgave me :hysterical:) so lets us stay on the OC topic form now on.

7 hours ago, MacNB said:

hi can some kind sole please tell what is wrong with power setting why does it kp

i

Edited by markl18

12 hours ago, MacNB said:

I too have a problems with Emulated NVRAM not working (on a Legacy BIOS desktop) where I cannot set the default boot drive.

What problem are you having ?

all kinds. first i reinstalled catalina but failed at 4 minutes out.  rebooted and it  was there as a boot option so I opted to boot. got it. But, since the Catalina - Data did not finish installing for some reason, I was not able to select a startup disk.  So I tried 5 times to clean install. every time the same  problem. install failed. So each time I redid my USB boot installer. Must be something with OC not able to recognize something later on.  I started with 5.8 and the updated to 5.9 then to 6.0.  At each upgrade things of course have changed, which then changes MacOS handoffs from CMOS-BIO-UEFI then MacOS.

My problem was NVRAM emulated not being recognized.  So I had to use LogoutHook command several times and going back to 5.8 OC version. Weird, this fixed it.

So revert to older version.  then run 

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook /Users/You/LogoutHook/LogoutHookcommand.sh < check the .sh to be sure.

--Create three or 4 USB booters on your SSD/HDD and keep them there incase a problem occurs.  5.8, 5.9, 6.0, etc.,.

Redundant backups of Booter loader. Fully configured.

Edited by makk

question for  Vit and crew (_great work by the way_) keep it up!!

On Sandybridge laptops HD3000 graphics

what are  the quirks and additions that can be done for smoother running in OC?

What replaces the  AsusAICPM patch?

OC provides the first two and in CLover had the third in KextToPatch area.

Plus I had to use a FakeID for CPU.  

Is it wise to use the Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask in OC? UPDATE I put one in. Hope it does not create a problem.

Unsupported CPU and unsupported PCH these two things create slowness. At first it is fast but after a day or two slows way down.  

I am using Dosdude 1 patched mojave 10.14.6, OC 6.0. as of Jun 6.

with the latest patch to dosdude 1, not getting Powermanagement.

Normally using ssdtprgen and AppleIntel kext to do the CPU speedstep check.

Using HWmonitor with fakesmc.  VirtualSMC and combination PTID kext does not work to give frequency ranges to check powermanagement on this board.  sorry! 

Now I am not able to get CPU speedstep to work checking with HWMonitor.

Is there a option on OC that may be causing this?

I have checked to make sure CPUSensors and .AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loading

AppleAPIC

AppleACPIEC, LPC, SMBIOS, SMBUSPci, AppleACPIPlatform, AppleBusPowerController, SMBUSControler, 

Performing a kextcache -i / && sudo kextcache -u /

Received the following feeback:

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extension  

These are from Dosdude1 patched mojave.

Never seen -arch x86_64 prior to this.  would this cause a problem? If so, how to remedy this?

Not versed on kernel magic.  although I have created them in UNIX bsd 20 years back.  Sun Solaris

Now just a user with remedial brain skills and no patience.  terrible;)

UPDATE:  SSDT MISSING fixed PowerManagement.

For some reason ssdtprgen did not produce the proper number of SSDT

for CST ASCT and PSS PSC CPU integrity this time around.

--So I went back and grabbed an older set about a month back and wella!   SpeedStep

Normally for this tiny laptop: SSDT-1, 2, 3, 4 and aml.  two cst, 1 acst, two pss psc psf. These are needed or this laptop or runs slow and things don't work right.

--the  EDID and PNLF issue.  Tried the PNLF again after grabbing Dsdt from SysReport and clean patched.  Still getting the ACPI Warning:

--How to get around this for a permanent fix?

"ACPI Warning: 64bit constant found in 32 bit table."

Not sure why. But the PNLF SSDT causes this problem with DSDT.

I used the SSDT-PNLF and AppleBacklightfixup.kext in conjuction it works but, after some time locks up..

--I'm guessing that it is good to have -arch x86_64 in kernel.

But there is a warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extension not found on boot up.  I guess this is a pointer to let them know to look internally @ /Library/Extension.  

Edited by makk
UPDATE for SpeedStep PowerManagement

1 hour ago, makk said:

question for  Vit and crew (_great work by the way_) keep it up!!

On Sandybridge laptops HD3000 graphics

what are  the quirks and additions that can be done for smoother running in OC?

What replaces the  AsusAICPM patch?

OC provides the first two and in CLover had the third in KextToPatch area.

Plus I had to use a FakeID for CPU.  

Is it wise to use the Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask in OC? UPDATE I put one in. Hope it does not create a problem.

Unsupported CPU and unsupported PCH these two things create slowness. At first it is fast but after a day or two slows way down.  

I am using Dosdude 1 patched mojave 10.14.6, OC 6.0. as of Jun 6.

with the latest patch to dosdude 1, not getting Powermanagement.

Normally using ssdtprgen and AppleIntel kext to do the CPU speedstep check.

Using HWmonitor with fakesmc.  VirtualSMC and combination PTID kext does not work to give frequency ranges to check powermanagement on this board.  sorry! 

Now I am not able to get CPU speedstep to work checking with HWMonitor.

Is there a option on OC that may be causing this?

I have checked to make sure CPUSensors and .AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loading

AppleAPIC

AppleACPIEC, LPC, SMBIOS, SMBUSPci, AppleACPIPlatform, AppleBusPowerController, SMBUSControler, 

Performing a kextcache -i / && sudo kextcache -u /

Received the following feeback:

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extension  

These are from Dosdude1 patched mojave.

Never seen -arch x86_64 prior to this.  would this cause a problem? If so, how to remedy this?

Not versed on kernel magic.  although I have created them in UNIX bsd 20 years back.  Sun Solaris

Now just a user with remedial brain skills and no patience.  terrible;)

UPDATE:  SSDT MISSING fixed PowerManagement.

For some reason ssdtprgen did not produce the proper number of SSDT

for CST ASCT and PSS PSC CPU integrity this time around.

--So I went back and grabbed an older set about a month back and wella!   SpeedStep

Normally for this tiny laptop: SSDT-1, 2, 3, 4 and aml.  two cst, 1 acst, two pss psc psf. These are needed or this laptop or runs slow and things don't work right.

--the  EDID and PNLF issue.  Tried the PNLF again after grabbing Dsdt from SysReport and clean patched.  Still getting the ACPI Warning:

--How to get around this for a permanent fix?

"ACPI Warning: 64bit constant found in 32 bit table."

Not sure why. But the PNLF SSDT causes this problem with DSDT.

I used the SSDT-PNLF and AppleBacklightfixup.kext in conjuction it works but, after some time locks up..

--I'm guessing that it is good to have -arch x86_64 in kernel.

But there is a warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extension not found on boot up.  I guess this is a pointer to let them know to look internally @ /Library/Extension.  

perhaps try this simplified PNLF definitiion (attached) - works on my SNB system - which is using the same OS and kexts as you. (dosdude1 gfx from highsierra) and WhatEvergreen.kext

DualLink is needed with higher res LCD screens such as 1600x900 (DualLink=1) vs 1366.x768 (DualLink=0)

what does this mean "after some time locks up"?

does the gfx freeze and mouse still move?

in your system log are you seeing BRSYNC warnings

- if so, this is a common issue with HD 3000 and not having a compatible EDID.

run this to check:

log show --predicate 'processImagePath contains "kernel" ' |grep BRYSNC

SSDT-PNLF-SNB.zip

Edited by tluck

2 hours ago, tluck said:

perhaps try this simplified PNLF definitiion (attached) - works on my SNB system - which is using the same OS and kexts as you. (dosdude1 gfx from highsierra) and WhatEvergreen.kext

DualLink is needed with higher res LCD screens such as 1600x900 (DualLink=1) vs 1366.x768 (DualLink=0)

what does this mean "after some time locks up"?

does the gfx freeze and mouse still move?

in your system log are you seeing BRSYNC warnings

- if so, this is a common issue with HD 3000 and not having a compatible EDID.

run this to check:

log show --predicate 'processImagePath contains "kernel" ' |grep BRYSNC

SSDT-PNLF-SNB.zip

Greetings tluck,

Yes mouse keyboard> caps lock an num lock flip on and off.  screen no go.  

I used the log show and nill.  nothing came up.

I used Rehabman patch Generic EDID into DSDT seems to work better in there rather than from DisplayVendor and config.plist.  was causing black screen and sometimes no login. Would type password  and then got into the desktop on a black screen.

PNLF statements are not working well with this setup here.  It is not first of all in the  DSDT as simple language as persay what is used in MaciASL patching.  A lot of coding not sure what language it is, but sure is like radio shack days.  Machine languge maybe Terminator stuff ;)

Thanks as always, I lost your guide post link in the mess here.  Had to reinstall a bunch of times in the past two weeks. the PNLF and other issues just creates a mess.  

I think the table is 32bit? in prom?  32bit math, 64bit program.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.40.15 PM.png

I'm thinking this:

In Sierra and  El Capitan had the boot glitch fixer upper in Clover worked fine.  Never had a problem

From High Sierra onwards, problem.  I was using rehabmans IntelBacklight.kext then switched to a different one where he made a patcher for AppleBacklight.kext and the AppleBacklightexpert.kext

in conjunction with the patch in DSDT.  Worked great. But this does not work now in High Sierra and onwards.

I think the issue is PNLF.  As soon as I use any SSDT-PNLF boom!  Lockup and the ACPI Warning:

64bit constant in 32Bit table.  I noticed this upon bootup and had to investigate.

Originally for this LCD screen ATK driver for Windows from Asus for all the FNKeys functions.  

So unless there is a kext that takes care of the FNkeys per the way Asus made the driver?

I'm using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext for the keyboard and mousepad, AsusNBFnKeys.kext for the FN keys.  

On the log show, I saw error where AsusNBFnKeys.kext could not find GPU.  Not sure what this means maybe a pointer looking for GPU where I renamed GPU to IGPU, have to look.

Battery giving issues too.  Constant erroring.

Used ACPIBatteryManager.kext and the SSDT for it from Rehabman,.  The battery needs replacing so it is sending errored messages back and forth.   Unplugged the battery running AC.  This creates a problem for the system.  But the logs stopped.

8 hours ago, markl18 said:

hi can some kind sole please tell what is wrong with power setting why does it kp

i

Please stop trolling this thread with your unrelated questions.

I think it is best you go open a thread in the appropriate section for you laptop.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also I noticed getting over 74 faults in the log this builds over time fills the cache screws with internals.

errors are sandox related denials it looks like

I just used your PNLF but no brightness and no slider and no FNkey helper thing.

I went and used patch HD3000/HD4000 Brightness fix and resorted to using BIOS 

setting instead of 0710 which is way too bright. need shades.

yet this BIOS setting must be around 500

I don't remember it being this low in Windows.  I took Windows off completely.  always slow.

Running good now with the newer Dosdude updates.  Looks like they added some emulated metal support for SSE and this HD3000.  This CPU was made to handle Microsoft shading DX9 for games but, since this processor and graphics is not powerful enough, 5000rpm HDD runs slow, no point in having slowmotion sickness.

If I install Catalina now over the top of mojave, will it wipe my data or keep them in place?

Never done a straight upgrade with mojave or high sierra in place.  will it be just an upgrade or wipe grade?

Thanks man

Hi @vit9696

I can't build latest commit a3d3463. Can you tell to me where I made a mistake. Please.

Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/acidanthera/audk

# Please enter a commit message to explain why this merge is necessary,
# especially if it merges an updated upstream into a topic branch.
#
# Lines starting with '#' will be ignored, and an empty message aborts
# the commit.
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
"~/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/.git/MERGE_MSG" 7L, 288C

On 6/5/2020 at 5:37 PM, Humanate said:

Hi. I posted a couple of days ago but no replies yet. I am having an issue since OC 0.5.9, Windows will not boot. I get blue screen with "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR_STOP"

My windows installation is on a separate NVME SSD to my macOS installation. If I revert to OC 0.5.8 all is well and Windows boots. I've attached the 0.5.9 EFI I'm using

Could one of you excellent people help me solve this?

0.5.9.zip

Those having problem booting to Windows(blue screen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR_STOP), could try boot into Linux(for instance bootable USB). Linux prints out problematic ACPI message, so you will know what need to be fixed.

Edited by hardcorehenry

13 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Please stop trolling this thread with your unrelated questions.

I think it is best you go open a thread in the appropriate section for you laptop.

Good luck

I don't even know how to respond to this since I was told to be nice and respectful so maybe if ITELL YOU this in RUSSIAN might not count POSHIL BI KUDATA GDE SOLNZA NE ZORAYET

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I don't even know how to respond to this since I was told to be nice and respectful so maybe if ITELL YOU this in RUSSIAN might not count POSHIL BI KUDATA GDE SOLNZA NE ZORAYET

I really don't know what to say to you anymore apart from you're one step away from getting censored and banned from the site. Members has bent over backwards with constructive advice which you choose to ignore, Go to the red apple site they have plenty of posts (I have done the research for you) with exactly your specs and search for the answers you're looking for. Don't post derogatory messages in any language on the Thread - Read The Site Rules.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @vit9696

I can't build latest commit a3d3463. Can you tell to me where I made a mistake. Please.

Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/acidanthera/audk

# Please enter a commit message to explain why this merge is necessary,
# especially if it merges an updated upstream into a topic branch.
#
# Lines starting with '#' will be ignored, and an empty message aborts
# the commit.
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
~                                                                               
"~/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/.git/MERGE_MSG" 7L, 288C

I had the same. I did not why so I quit VI and the build tool anyway.

The tool failed to compile :

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/tools/brotli.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/dictionary.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/common/transform.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/bit_reader.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/decode.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/huffman.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/dec/state.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/backward_references_hq.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/bit_cost.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/block_splitter.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/brotli_bit_stream.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/cluster.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/compress_fragment_two_pass.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/dictionary_hash.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encode.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/encoder_dict.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/entropy_encode.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/histogram.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/literal_cost.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/memory.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/metablock.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/static_dict.o'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'brotli/c/enc/utf8_util.o'
make[2]: *** [../bin/Brotli] Error 1
make[1]: *** [BrotliCompress] Error 2
make: *** [Source/C] Error 2
macnb@My-iMac OpenCore 

Solution (not ideal):

Delete the whole OC source tree, git clone it again and run the build tool. Works fine but just take a little longer to build since it's building everything again from scratch

• Like 1