OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

For those who has HP laptop with Synaptic trackpad, after testing all configuration for VoodooPS2Controller.kext, the best one to use is still the 1.9.2 from rehabman with oc 0.5.9. Attached is the order of the kernel adds. Make sure 1.9.2 kext is in the kext folder and also the input.kext. The order is different from the OC config file using OC ps2controller.

I've just gotten the HP Elitebook 820 G3 with Skylark i7-6600u - HD520 - perfectly working with Mausi ethernet and Netis WF2111 wifi USB adapter. Waiting for the DW1820A coming from Aliexpress. Displayport-HDMI adapter works perfectly with sound although the USBC-HDMI doesn't.

Cheers,

Louis

oc59_voodoops2_trackpad.png

19 hours ago, tluck said:

do you use HfsPlus.efi (or HfsPlusLegacy.efi? that is needed to read the USB installer.

and maybe your broke the config.plist structure if you edited by hand.

why are you directly modifying kexts? there are plenty of ways patch VRAM by OC. you can see how to do it my github. 

did your system work on Clover? if so copy out the working patched DSDT and use it with OC. i took a look your DSDT you posted recently which already looked very modified. i wonder what happed to the original PNLF device for example.

Never had original PNLF.  AKTP is a driver software from Asus for this laptop. DSDT never had it.

I had to put one it.  This DSDT is modified a lot. Because those definitions were never there.

If you omit one, then something doesn't work. If you do it exactly as stated, then again it don't work.

It's weird. Plus most of the time I have no clue because of generalities. 

To be honest I have no ideas what is correct vs incorrect. Educated guess.

I try to follow instructions, but your machine is not the same  as my   machine even though it has Sandybridge. There are differences that show up later or immediately upon modification.

I need help with mojave and catalina configs.  

what is a dual link?  Have no clue. I was told to do this early on. But when I do it I get 4 mini screens. So, I have to redo the DSDT.  insane.

Just trying to get my Display to stop glitching. 

Now I have no audio.

I reinstalled with CLover on the USB. Simpler to do.

I had audio and all.

I switched to OC no audio. WTF??

I'm trying not to use DSDT. It is a real pain to edit the thing from scratch just to get one thing working right out of a 1000.  You know what I mean?

For instance: FNKEYs to get the F7 key to do exactly as it is supposed to along with  the other 12 keys.

one fails to work, then have to patch and recompile for one key.  The scripts for patching are too general with terrible explanations.  Have to 'guess.'   How is it supposed to look? The end result?

Have no clue. Just use this patch!?!?!

Thanks

Have a good  day 

On 6/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, markl18 said:

Here I cleaned it up  for those who are sensitive 

OC.zip

I highly doubt you have read any guides.

You DO NOT need all the drivers.

You are using FakeSMC & VirtualSMC ?

What's this for? hda-verb.dSYM?

Most of your Tools are not needed

Errr what?

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>SSDT-EC-USBX.aml</string>
                <key>Path</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>SSDT-EC.aml</string>
                <key>Path</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

SSDT-HACK.aml & USBMap.kext <--- Pick one

VoodooI2CELAN.kext & VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext <-- which is it? Elan or Synaptics?

<key>SystemProductName</key>
            <string>iMac14,1</string>

A laptop? with iMac smbios? More suitable would be MacBookPro11,1

I suggest highly you start from scratch but do not start unless you read this

https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/haswell.html

https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/haswell.html

at least twice or until you understand it all.

Do not get picky on the little things like touch screen etc, just get the basics working first.

Fresh Vanilla installation.

Graphics.

Audio.

Network.

USB.

Etc.

Noone is going to do the work for you, but we will try and point you in the right direction and help you when needed but you must understand the basics first.

Peace

• Like 4

11 hours ago, makk said:

having problems with emulated nvram too

I too have a problems with Emulated NVRAM not working (on a Legacy BIOS desktop) where I cannot set the default boot drive.

What problem are you having ?

With the scripts it works for us. Rodion posted the examples many times, I could ping him, but it is surprising that it still causes issues really. You just make sure that BootOrder and Boot0080 are loaded through schema via nvram.plist.

1 hour ago, UefiBooter said:

Remember this is for advanced users, some just dont have the skills required, either stick to windows or buy a mac.

Whilst I agree with your post, I think some users do not do proper research and jump straight in hoping for favourable results and then expects members to spoon feed them when the installation goes side ways. Coming from Clover I spent countless hours reading and studying the basic requirements of OC building and testing OC EFI Folders on a test USB Drive. I can honestly say the two most puzzling features of OC that I struggled with are the ability to Hot Plug/Swop external drives and implementing the stupid Boot Chime (Only because I had it in Clover and Kind of missed it :)). Both of these features I have resolved, when I did need Opencore help, I'd ask Audiogod, MaLd0N, or read posts by members with a problem similar to my own where someone would offer a fix or solution. 

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I highly doubt you have read any guides.

You DO NOT need all the drivers.

You are using FakeSMC & VirtualSMC ?

What's this for? hda-verb.dSYM?

Most of your Tools are not needed

the guide said that the kext will help identify the numbers needed for audio card

Errr what?

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Path</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Path</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

already took care of that is leftover from earlier attempts

SSDT-HACK.aml & USBMap.kext <--- Pick one

made a mistake some people said that one over the other my mistake already took care of that

VoodooI2CELAN.kext & VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext <-- which is it? Elan or Synaptics?

have tpd0 and tpd4 made a mistake sometimes one site says one and the other one says the other just a lot of sites say all kinds of stuff when one google an error and no one respond for help

made a mistake some people suggest one over the other I saw that and removed that

<key>SystemProductName</key>
            <string>iMac14,1</string>

A laptop? with iMac smbios? More suitable would be MacBookPro11,1

Hackintool told me that

I suggest highly you start from scratch but do not start unless you read this

at least twice or until you understand it all.

Do not get picky on the little things like touch screen etc, just get the basics working first.

Fresh Vanilla installation.

Graphics.

Audio.

Network.

USB.

Etc.

Noone is going to do the work for you, but we will try and point you in the right direction and help you when needed but you must understand the basics first.

Peace

3 hours ago, vit9696 said:

With the scripts it works for us. Rodion posted the examples many times, I could ping him, but it is surprising that it still causes issues really. You just make sure that BootOrder and Boot0080 are loaded through schema via nvram.plist.

I have gone through all the pages on this thread so I think I have done my searches for a solution.

Many folks are using Emulated NVRAM on non-working Z390, etc boards but I on a truly ancient P35 Dell motherboard with NO NVRAM.

First I ran OC bootinstall.command to install MBR boot and boot file.

The boot file that OC installs does not read/access any SATA drives so I used one of Rodin's boot file (I think) provided by @fusion71au's MPS 1530 config-download here.

That boot file works and now OC sees all my SATA drives in the bootpicker.

I ran "logouthook.command install" and then logouthook.command on its own to generate the nvram.plist which was copied to the ESP root.

The problems is that logouthook.command cannot find the critical key 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C :

sudo ./LogoutHook.command
Password:
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootOrder': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootNext': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0081': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0082': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0083': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:DefaultBackgroundColor': (iokit/common) data was not found
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: ./nvram.plist
Volume EFI on 8A4334F4-86C2-4B44-AF00-7B3B6D1D48CD mounted
Volume EFI on disk0s1 unmounted

I read back the defaults for com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook and it shows that it's hooked:

sudo defaults read com.apple.loginwindow
{
    LogoutHook = "/Users/MacNB/LogoutHook/LogoutHook.command";
}

I tried setting the default via System Prefs Startup Disk to set the default boot drive.
The nvram.plist file is updated and there's an entry for BootOrder but looks like OC is not reading it or something else is wrong.

Pressing CTRL+ENTER in the boot picker does not save the default boot drive.

Summary settings in config are

Booter->Quirks:
• DisableVariableWrite: YES
• EnableWriteUnprotector: YES
Misc->Security: ExposeSensitiveData: 3

Misc->Security: AllowSetDefault: YES

Misc->Boot:ShowPicker=NO
NVRAM->LegacyEnable: YES

I think the problem is getting the 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C into the macOS NVRAM first before it can be copied to the nvram.plist by logouthook script.

Please see attached config.plist

Also attached two log files: (1) normal boot which fails with ASSERT, (2) boot manually via boot picker

Thanks for your help.

config.plist

BootPicker-Manual-Selection-Log.txt

No-BootPicker-Startup-Drive-log.txt

Edited by MacNB
added AllowSetDefault

3 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

Thanks for the config.plist.

I tried your NVRAM section (with blank 36C28AB5-6566-4C50-9EBD-CBB920F83843):

1304677680_Screenshot2020-06-18at15_13_50.thumb.png.8820c8a05913bacd84d46d22a188dbab.png

But same problem. No 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C variable in the NVRAM.

what is responsible for writing that Var into the NVRAM ?

BTW, if I write nvram Test=Hello command and reboot, then it is visible after reboot. Which implies that basic emulation is working but just not OC boot selection.

Edited by MacNB
BTW

5 hours ago, UefiBooter said:

Remember this is for advanced users, some just dont have the skills required, either stick to windows or buy a mac.

ok mr advance user I am holier than thou 

how about this error

OperationRegion (MDBG, SystemMemory, 0x98FB8018, 0x00001004)
    Field (MDBG, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
    {
        MDG0,   32768
    }

11617, 6157, [Unknown ASL Compiler exception ID] (MDBG [Method])

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, markl18 said:

ok mr advance user I am holier than thou 

how about this error

OperationRegion (MDBG, SystemMemory, 0x98FB8018, 0x00001004)
    Field (MDBG, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
    {
        MDG0,   32768
    }

11617, 6157, [Unknown ASL Compiler exception ID] (MDBG [Method])

@markl18 - A piece of friendly advice, when asking for help with a query please don't use condescending remarks such as - 'ok mr advance user I am holier than thou' - I mean no malice what so ever towards you but please be polite.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:39 PM, davidm71 said:

Xcode complains that I don't have a developer certificate installed so won't compile...

Showing Recent Issues

No signing certificate "Mac Development" found: No "Mac Development" signing certificate matching team ID "5DG8PLV54H" with a private key was found.

You have to change the Development Team under "Signing" to "yours"

28 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@markl18 - A piece of friendly advice, when asking for help with a query please don't use condescending remarks such as - 'ok mr advance user I am holier than thou' - I mean no malice what so ever towards you but please be polite.

you are 100% right and I should not use such a tone but who ever wrote that this site is for advance users is slightly condescending 

you are 100% right and I should not use such a tone but who ever wrote that this site is for advance users is slightly condescending 

Can you point me to where it says this site is for advance users only. The site is open to all Advance and Noobs alike, all that is asked is to be polite and courteous towards other members as well as other Site Rules.

Just now, eSaF said:

Can you point me to where it says this site is for advance users only. The site is open to all Advance and Noobs alike, all that is asked is to be polite and courteous towards other members as well as other Site Rules.

point well taken and will never happen but can some kind sole out there help me compile this DSDT code  with cherry on top

point well taken and will never happen but can some kind sole out there help me compile this DSDT code  with cherry on top

At this point I don't know if your rig is Desktop or Laptop, if it is a laptop I am not knowledgeable enough about laptops, Google would be a better tool for your particular rig if you search the exact specs of your machine coupled with the query. You were previously advised to insure windows has a smooth glitch free operation, then concentrate on Opencore. Build the OC Folder with the minimum of drivers and kext so that you can boot into the system with OC then you can add other kext and drivers as needed, all this can be done on a test USB driver before committing to the main drive.

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

At this point I don't know if your rig is Desktop or Laptop, if it is a laptop I am not knowledgeable enough about laptops, Google would be a better tool for your particular rig if you search the exact specs of your machine coupled with the query. You were previously advised to insure windows has a smooth glitch free operation, then concentrate on Opencore. Build the OC Folder with the minimum of drivers and kext so that you can boot into the system with OC then you can add other kext and drivers as needed, all this can be done on a test USB driver before committing to the main drive.

that DSDT was done with all of rehab man needed changes and all of them are needed like igpu hpet and god only knows what other pieces of sys parameters he has under patch in the AISL tool I need to compile it and then everything should happen until then I have like ae_ this and AE_that not found

Edited by markl18

Just now, markl18 said:

that DSDT was done with all of rehab man needed changes and all of them are needed like ogpu pet and god only knows what other pieces of sys parameters he has under patch in the AISL tool I need to compile it and then everything should happen until then I have like ae_ this and AE_that not found

Ok - The one person that comes to mind and maybe, just maybe can help you, (I don't even know if they would want to take this on) - Here is what you need to do, Zip your EFI and list the full specs of your rig and post to MaLd0N - he is quite knowledgeable on the formulation of SSDTs and DSDTs. I hope he doesn't judge me too harshly sending you to him. :lol:

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ok - The one person that comes to mind and maybe, just maybe can help you, (I don't even know if they would want to take this on) - Here is what you need to do, Zip your EFI and list the full specs of your rig and post to MaLd0N - he is quite knowledgeable on the formulation of SSDTs and DSDTs. I hope he doesn't judge me too harshly sending you to him. :lol:

He won’t judge you harshly, he’ll scalp you then crucify you(hope it won’t come to it):hysterical:

• Haha 4