OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, markl18 said:

hi weg I think should have renamed your H_EC to EC or you have to doit but once oc did it you can't have ssd looking for H_EC because it is already renamed so you have rename ssd by hand by replacing H_EC to EC so that that SSDT should do it what ever it supposed to do now I am sure there are more knowledgeable people who will tell you what to do this is just my 2 cents worth  by the way AAPPLE doesn't understand H_EC but only EC hence all of the renaming goes on

Hi there, unfortunately there are no renames here, It would be easier just to undo what has been done. Renaming devices (in this case) is not an option, macOS doesn't understand what H_EC is, or at least it can't read from it because it does not belong to its code, while renaming might work we are only telling macOS to read a device we have migrated H_EC to EC, thus causing little boot failures and possible issues along the line.

Apple needs a clean plate to eat, if you rename H_EC (rubbish) to EC (clean plate) you are basically moving your s**t to the plate, creating a dummy EC defeats the purpose while renaming, we need to correctly dispose of that rubbish. (easy explanation)

Since macOS Mojave there is a need to use an Embedded Controller (EC) to correctly boot, so that's why we create a dummy for the OS to be complacent. If not done properly the kernelExtension AppleACPIEC loads at boot and that's what we are trying to avoid. I'm just summing up whats already in the documentation.

Key point, renaming is not the solution.

Edited by dolgarrenan
Note added for more information

I posted my config file but it won't let me attach the whole efi it is too big I just tried the oc folder is 70 mb compressed

Remove the items that aren’t needed like the resources folder (largest folder) and try again. Keep removing non essential stuff until you can upload it. If you remove drivers or tools etc folder take a screenshot of it to share. Obviously copy the entire folder to your desktop then remove items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dolgarrenan said:

Hi there, unfortunately there are no renames here, It would be easier just to undo what has been done. Renaming devices (in this case) is not an option, macOS doesn't understand what H_EC is, or at least it can't read from it because it does not belong to its code, while renaming might work we are only telling macOS to read a device we have migrated H_EC to EC, thus causing little boot failures and possible issues along the line.

Apple needs a clean plate to eat, if you rename H_EC (rubbish) to EC (clean plate) you are basically moving your s**t to the plate, creating a dummy EC defeats the purpose while renaming, we need to correctly dispose of that rubbish. (easy explanation)

Since macOS Mojave there is a need to use an Embedded Controller (EC) to correctly boot, so that's why we create a dummy for the OS to be complacent. If not done properly the kernelExtension AppleACPIEC loads at boot and that's what we are trying to avoid. I'm just summing up whats already in the documentation.

Key point, renaming is not the solution.

It's possible you need to disable original _STA in Device (H_EC) via rename _STA to XSTA and add this modified SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hardcorehenry said:

It's possible you need to disable original _STA in Device (H_EC) via rename _STA to XSTA and add this modified SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Unfortunately it didn't work, but strange because log now shows a kind of different message, why isn-t the damned embedded controller disabling¿?¿? And why the KP... 

IMG_20200616_132624.jpg

13 minutes ago, dolgarrenan said:

Unfortunately it didn't work, but strange because log now shows a kind of different message, why isn-t the damned embedded controller disabling¿?¿? And why the KP... 

IMG_20200616_132624.jpg

Renaming _STA to XSTA is tricky, you have to rename it only in H_EC device by adding in patch count 1 and skip value(you have to count yourself). Post your untouched DSDT.aml(dumped via OC debug or acpidump.efi or clover(F4)) up to you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Renaming _STA to XSTA is tricky, you have to rename it only in H_EC device by adding in patch count 1 and skip value(you have to count yourself). Post your untouched DSDT.aml(dumped via OC debug or acpidump.efi or clover(F4)) up to you.

Thank you so much hardcorehenry, I also thought about trying to manually patch _STA but I've been a bit of a mess patching DSDT. Here is the original file DSDT.aml

DSDT.aml

14 hours ago, eSaF said:

Did you compress and zip the folder?

ok just managed to dual boot but got like 4 devices which are on microsoft acpi compliant system ACPI\FAN00000\2&DABA3FF&0 which I have no idea what it is and mac system 10.15.6 which boots up with ou the use of keyboard and mouse so maybe you could help with that one

ok just managed to dual boot but got like 4 devices which are on microsoft acpi compliant system ACPI\FAN00000\2&DABA3FF&0 which I have no idea what it is and mac system 10.15.6 which boots up with ou the use of keyboard and mouse so maybe you could help with that one

For reference what did you do to get your system to boot into OC?
Are you saying your keyboard and mouse don’t work in OC boot picker? Or it times out and boots macOS?
Specifics help.
ACPI\FAN00000 You could always google the dev and pci devices.

Are you saying your keyboard and mouse don’t work in OC boot picker? Or it times out and boots macOS?
Specifics help.

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Specifics help.

Specifics help.

no there is no timing out it happen to look for H_EC.bat1 but it boots up just fine but there is no time out from anything just keyboard and mouse dont respond and in windows there are these three devices with acpi which I never seen in windows

25 minutes ago, markl18 said:

Sorry but the few brain cells I have left has been completely frazzled trying to wrap my head around your original and on going query so with all due respect I am bowing out of the discussion and let others come to your aid and hopefully provide the answers you're looking for. Good luck.

PS - Providing your EFI Folder for scrutiny will go a long way to get some sort of help.

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry but the few brain cells I have left has been completely frazzled trying to wrap my head around your original and on going query so with all due respect I am bowing out of the discussion and let others come to your aid and hopefully provide the answers you're looking for. Good luck.

PS - Providing your EFI Folder for scrutiny will go a long way to get some sort of help.

my efi folder is 5omb compressed the limit for uploading is 10mb

1 hour ago, markl18 said:

my efi folder is 5omb compressed the limit for uploading is 10mb

Wow 50mb !!!!!!! - why is you EFI Folder packing so much, I will bet perhaps 55% of it is unnecessary - see the example of my Open-core EFI Folder in it's entirety, it is only 15.4 to 15.8 mb and it boots Catalina and Windows10 Pro faster than Clover ever did.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 17.02.40.png

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Wow 50mb !!!!!!! - why is you EFI Folder packing so much, I will bet perhaps 55% of it is unnecessary - see the example of my Open-core EFI Folder in it's entirety, it is only 15.4 to 15.8 mb and it boots Catalina and Windows10 Pro faster than Clover ever did.

this is after I took resources compressed in the background is the original

Edited by markl18

@markl18 If that log is an indication of your EFI Folder - what an absolute mess - It seems to me that you have every conceivable kext and documents in the folder wether your machine needs them or not and then again I maybe wrong as you're reluctant to post your config.plist or as instructed by McNab to remove the Resources Folder, zip and post the EFI Folder.

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@markl18 If that log is an indication of your EFI Folder - what an absolute mess - It seems to  that you have every conceivable kext and documents in the folder wether your machine needs them or not and then again I maybe wrong as you're reluctant to post your config.plist or as instructed by McNab to remove the Resources Folder, zip and post the EFI Folder.

a lot of those kext is for screen mouse the rest are standard

Edited by markl18

1 hour ago, markl18 said:

a lot of those kext is for screen mouse the rest are standard

OC.zip

No no no no no no no no no please no - I just looked at your OC EFI Folder this is an insult to the OC Devs - You have thrown everything at that folder hoping something would stick and somehow work. 12 SSDT files in the ACPI folder? 17 Plus kexts in the kext folder? My friend if you're serious about wanting to install and run Opencore read this -https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/ - after choosing your CPU Chipset from the examples given on the left of the page. After you have read the Guide and made a serious attempt to understand and build an OC Folder so that we all can understand, come back and pose sensible queries because at the moment I think you're just winging it and blindly doing so.

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

No no no no no no no no no please no - I just looked at your OC EFI Folder this is an insult to the OC Devs - You have thrown everything at that folder hoping something would stick and somehow work. 12 SSDT files in the ACPI folder? 17 Plus kexts in the kext folder? My friend if you're serious about wanting to install and run Opencore read this -https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/ - after choosing your CPU Chipset from the examples given on the left of the page. After you have read the Guide and made a serious attempt to understand and build an OC Folder so that we all can understand, come back and pose sensible queries because at the moment I think you're just winging it and blindly doing so.

by the way I read the manual and most of those aml files are for the i2c touchscreen those aml files are needed by the voodoo kexts that he has provided yes there are extrenius once but I also have hd4400 that needs some help

1 minute ago, markl18 said:

by the way I read the manual and most of those aml files are for the i2c touchscreen those aml files are needed by the voodoo kexts that he has provided yes there are extrenius once but I also have hd4400 that needs some help

Ok well hopefully you'll get the help you seek. One piece of advice, get rid of some of the clearly un-needed clutter from the EFI Folder, you'll easily soon know what is needed and what isn't. Good luck.

50 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ok well hopefully you'll get the help you seek. One piece of advice, get rid of some of the clearly un-needed clutter from the EFI Folder, you'll easily soon know what is needed and what isn't. Good luck.

Here I cleaned it up  for those who are sensitive 

OC.zip

Edited by markl18

On 6/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, makk said:

Vit

how do I get back in to Catalina to copy files from USB booter?

my USB installer keeps hanging.  Dosddude1 Catalina Patcher installer.

I used my Sierra USB installer and get to Terminal but, unable to copy files

to a what seems to be mounted Catalina Volume on /dev/disk1s6.

used /sbin/mount -uw / ; Volumes; Catalina; and a few others. I can edit but what keeps from coping from another Volume?  I copied onto the USB installer the necessary files to copy over.

I bungled my HD3000graphics kext somehow adding a VRAMSize statement

and a perl script to increase VRAM to patching.  This however caused a Black Screen.

second issue:

Open shell. Edited config.plist after saving and exiting restart, the configuration file was unable to be read.  unable to get to Picker screen.

What can be done?  I posted in the forum in Post installation.  I not sure if this is OC related entirely.
But, unable to use USB installer for Catalina which is strange because I use it to repatch afterwards.

What would prevent this USB installer from not getting back to the Install screens?

Makk

do you use HfsPlus.efi (or HfsPlusLegacy.efi? that is needed to read the USB installer.

and maybe your broke the config.plist structure if you edited by hand.

why are you directly modifying kexts? there are plenty of ways patch VRAM by OC. you can see how to do it my github. 

did your system work on Clover? if so copy out the working patched DSDT and use it with OC. i took a look your DSDT you posted recently which already looked very modified. i wonder what happed to the original PNLF device for example.