OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, eSaF said:

No - you're the one who is not getting it - before a machine boots into an operating system, one is able or should be able to go into the BIOS before it loads any operating system. That is what I was trying to explain to you but it seems all that went right over your head. Right let me start again, when you boot your machine start hitting the delete key as soon as you hear the Post BIOS Beep, by doing so you should be able to go straight into the BIOS before it boots windows. Here is where you can make any necessary changes to the operation of the machine and this is as far as I am prepared to go on the subject. Good luck.

Hi again at boot there’s no ac menu or anything but the stupid circle of dots yes I can get into machine using boot stick but that’s not the point and no nothing happens when I press space bar . If I press f2 if I need to get to bios and boot from usb not ssd

Edited by markl18
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, markl18 said:

Hi again at boot there’s no ac menu or anything but the stupid circle of dots yes I can get into machine using boot stick but that’s not the point and no nothing happens when I press space bar . If I press f2 if I need to get to bios and boot from usb not ssd

:huh:  :wallbash: What are you talking about - Boot sticks, circle of dots and space bar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen carefully, read your your Motherboard's manual on how to boot into the BIOS (without the aid of boot sticks and other utter nonsense) until you do, I will not offer any more on the subject. Somehow I think you're rushing into building a Hackintosh without doing any kind of research clearly evident by your lack of not knowing how to boot into a p/c's BIOS.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

:huh:  :wallbash: What are you talking about - Boot sticks, circle of dots and space bar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen carefully, read your your Motherboard's manual on how to boot into the BIOS (without the aid of boot sticks and other utter nonsense) until you do, I will not offer any more on the subject. Somehow I think you're rushing into building a Hackintosh without doing any kind of research clearly evident by your lack of not knowing how to boot into a p/c's BIOS.

Maybe he needs to disable fast boot first, or boot to BIOS from Windows. Most of the time You can't enter BIOS with default "Fast Startup" enabled in Win10.

1 hour ago, gorans said:

Maybe he needs to disable fast boot first, or boot to BIOS from Windows. Most of the time You can't enter BIOS with default "Fast Startup" enabled in Win10.

Don't you have to enter the BIOS to enable/disable fast boot? - So we are back to his inability to enter his machine's BIOS. My thinking? Regardless of Fast Boot, lightening boot, quick boot, quick as you like boot, what ever name you want to call it or what it is labelled with, One is abled to bypass all that to enter the BIOS, if I am wrong I humbly stand corrected.

i dont think you getting it goes right into windows there is no menu for opencore  or anything am I supposed to replace that efi file inside microsoft/boot/ to bootx64.efi or something to get the op menu to show up

What motherboard do you have? Every motherboard has a “Press X to enter bios” (X is an example but more examples are (escape key, F2, F10, F12 or even del (delete)).

The best method is to look up your motherboard on google for example Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi and add the words “bios key” to it.

Once you find which key you need power off your machine, power it back on and mash (press the key lots, don’t hold it down unless your manual says too) the key to enter your bios.

Once in bios, find boot options and select the drive/partition opencore is on. Mine shows up as UEFI OS (insert drive name here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 PM, Andrey1970 said:

In OC ACPI patch goes more conditions.
I showed as it to do, look for in this topic.

I ended up using `skip` and `count`. But used trial and error to find the right value for the `skip`. there were different number of `_CRS` in dsl and aml files. in my case the difference was 1.

Edited by sudoali

Hello @vit9696

I have been recently setting up the new NUC10i7FHN with latest OC 0.5.9 (which works) everything is working but there is no way to disable device AppleACPIEC via SSDT, the original BIOS contains PNP0C09 under device H_EC, everytime I try to disable it with the following code 

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "SsdtEC", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC)
    {
        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (0)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
        }
    }
}

It throws a KP at boot, I still haven't had this issue with any other build, so I'm a bit lost... To me it seems that H_EC on original DSDT is not loading, see code:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Name (ONEW, Zero)
        Device (H_EC)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09") /* Embedded Controller Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Method (_CRS, 0, Serialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
            {
                Name (BFFR, ResourceTemplate ()
                {
                    IO (Decode16,
                        0x0062,             // Range Minimum
                        0x0062,             // Range Maximum
                        0x00,               // Alignment
                        0x01,               // Length
                        )
                    IO (Decode16,
                        0x0066,             // Range Minimum
                        0x0066,             // Range Maximum
                        )
                })
                Return (BFFR) /* \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC._CRS.BFFR */
            }

{
                Return (0x0B)
                ^^^GFX0.CLID = 0x03
                Return (Zero)
            }

Here is where I'm a little confused, there is a Return (0x0B) and then a Return (Zero) under STA, system boots as is without trying to disable H_EC but loads Kernel Extension ACPIEC.. Here is a pic of the KP, IMG_20200615_175531.thumb.jpg.89e7753ebf48c78fcbe7dd1d3c21dcbd.jpg

which seems to me like the one I had on my X299X designare till RTC0 SSDT was made, I have tried with it and AWAC too, but nothing happens.. Could you shed some light here? Many thanks in advanced!

• Like 1

ok lets not flame all at once the spining circle is when windows boots in order to enter bios on my machine which is yoga 2 pro hd4400 4510u, I press f2 which can either boot from stick or ssd when I choose ssd it automatically goes into windows with out any oc menus even if mv mgfw.efi to mgfw.efi- and tell oc in misc which file to boot it still some how finds windows boot yes I ca always move that mgwf.efi some where else and boot into oc how does one setup dual boot

6 minutes ago, dolgarrenan said:

Hello @vit9696

I have been recently setting up the new NUC10i7FHN with latest OC 0.5.9 (which works) everything is working but there is no way to disable device AppleACPIEC via SSDT, the original BIOS contains PNP0C09 under device H_EC, everytime I try to disable it with the following code 

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "SsdtEC", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC)
    {
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (0)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
        }
    }
}

It throws a KP at boot, I still haven't had this issue with any other build, so I'm a bit lost... To me it seems that H_EC on original DSDT is not loading, see code:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Name (ONEW, Zero)
        Device (H_EC)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09") /* Embedded Controller Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Method (_CRS, 0, Serialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
            {
                Name (BFFR, ResourceTemplate ()
                {
                    IO (Decode16,
                        0x0062,             // Range Minimum
                        0x0062,             // Range Maximum
                        )
                    IO (Decode16,
                        0x0066,             // Range Minimum
                        0x0066,             // Range Maximum
                        )
                })
                Return (BFFR) /* \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC._CRS.BFFR */
            }

{
                Return (0x0B)
                ^^^GFX0.CLID = 0x03
                Return (Zero)
            }

Here is where I'm a little confused, there is a Return (0x0B) and then a Return (Zero) under STA, system boots as is without trying to disable H_EC but loads Kernel Extension ACPIEC.. Here is a pic of the KP, IMG_20200615_175531.thumb.jpg.89e7753ebf48c78fcbe7dd1d3c21dcbd.jpgwhich seems to me like the one I had on my X299X designare till RTC0 SSDT was made, I have tried with it and AWAC too, but nothing happens.. Could you shed some light here? Many thanks in advanced!

hi weg I think should have renamed your H_EC to EC or you have to doit but once oc did it you can't have ssd looking for H_EC because it is already renamed so you have rename ssd by hand by replacing H_EC to EC so that that SSDT should do it what ever it supposed to do now I am sure there are more knowledgeable people who will tell you what to do this is just my 2 cents worth  by the way AAPPLE doesn't understand H_EC but only EC hence all of the renaming goes on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sudoali said:

I ended up using `skip` and `count`. But used trial and error to find the right value for the `skip`. there were different number of `_CRS` in dsl and aml files. in my case the difference was 1.

Don't consider comments // _CRS

1852635147_2020-06-1519_13_37.png.e7b8d5f85a5119f140d36939162e4458.png

Снимок экрана 2020-06-15 в 19.11.40.png

34 minutes ago, markl18 said:

ok lets not flame all at once the spining circle is when windows boots in order to enter bios on my machine

Add your build to your signature. Nobody knows what hardware you run or how your system is set up.

win10boot.jpg.d63c084225f97fdbecffe253711f2b01.jpg

The spinning circle is windows loading and already past the BIOS.

2 hours ago, Tiem said:

Add your build to your signature. Nobody knows what hardware you run or how your system is set up.

win10boot.jpg.d63c084225f97fdbecffe253711f2b01.jpg

The spinning circle is windows loading and already past the BIOS.

lets start again of course I know how to get into bios and redirect to what ever setting but the question still stands how to set up dual boot before when I had my mgfw.efi renamed to something else and config.plist  misc section didnt exactly knew where that file was oc booted just fine I had no keyboard or mouse usage but windows  menu was there in the  external choser but didnt go anywhere because I didnt change the file name that misc->entries where I specified bootmgfw.efi- to be boot from but still it keeps on booting into windows that tells me that oc is telling it how to do it because bootmgfw.efi is not named properly for windows to boot by itself but rather through opencore. so I am back to squre one now does every one follow what i am saying 

• Confused 3

Anyone have any experience with setting up OC on Legacy BIOS system ?

I just cannot get Emulated NVRAM to work and without it, I cannot boot the correct macOS which I asked about here.

It's an old Dell 530 that's booting great with Clover but not with OC -- I'm trying to see if it's possible.

1 hour ago, markl18 said:

lets start again of course I know how to get into bios and redirect to what ever setting but the question still stands how to set up dual boot before when I had my mgfw.efi renamed to something else and config.plist  misc section didnt exactly knew where that file was oc booted just fine I had no keyboard or mouse usage but windows  menu was there in the  external choser but didnt go anywhere because I didnt change the file name that misc->entries where I specified bootmgfw.efi- to be boot from but still it keeps on booting into windows that tells me that oc is telling it how to do it because bootmgfw.efi is not named properly for windows to boot by itself but rather through opencore. so I am back to squre one now does every one follow what i am saying 

Ok - Lets start again, if you're trying to dual boot windows and OS X (each OS on separate disks?) first thing you need to do is to remove the OS X disk out of the machine by either removing that disk by detaching the cable (if an ssd) or taking it out completely. This is to ensure that the windows OS can boot on it's own without any problems, once that is ascertain, now remove the windows disk out of the equation using the fore mentioned method and replace the OS X disk and install Opencore to the EFI Partition of this disk (Here I am assuming you have a working OS X installation). Are you with me thus far? Now reboot the machine, at the boot menu hit the space bar and choose clean/reset NVRAM, the machine will reboot again but you need to go into the bios and choose Opencore as your boot up disk and disable the named disk save and reboot. The machine should now boot up OS X with OpenCore. If the operation was successful, turn the machine off and reattached the disk containing windows, boot the machine again into the Bios and make sure that OpenCore is the first disk in the boot order menu and windows is the second and save. Opencore will now boot both disk at your choosing and leisure problem free if you put some thought into the process. Good luck.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, eSaF said:

Ok - Lets start again, if you're trying to dual boot windows and OS X (each OS on separate disks?) first thing you need to do is to remove the OS X disk out of the machine by either removing that disk by detaching the cable (if an ssd) or taking it out completely. This is to ensure that the windows OS can boot on it's own without any problems, once that is ascertain, now remove the windows disk out of the equation using the fore mentioned method and replace the OS X disk and install Opencore to the EFI Partition of this disk (Here I am assuming you have a working OS X installation). Are you with me thus far? Now reboot the machine, at the boot menu hit the space bar and choose clean/reset NVRAM, the machine will reboot again but you need to go into the bios and choose Opencore as your boot up disk and disable the named disk save and reboot. The machine should now boot up OS X with OpenCore. If the operation was successful, turn the machine off and reattached the disk containing windows, boot the machine again into the Bios and make sure that OpenCore is the first disk in the boot order menu and windows is the second and save. Opencore will now boot both disk at your choosing and leisure problem free if you put some thought into the process. Good luck.

I did everything like you said did nvram reset and then booted with clover into hackintosh put back bootmgfw.efi in boot and reboot in opencore and guess what it rebooted right back into windows I will even try to atach my config.plist shortly

Edited by markl18

11 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I did everything like you said did nvram reset and then booted with clover into hackintosh put back bootmgfw.efi in boot and reboot in opencore and guess what it rebooted right back into windows I will even try to atach my config.plist shortly

Pal you have me so confused with your posts on this subject - why is Clover in the equation? I thought Opencore was your main objective here. To successfully run Opencore on a system that previously had Clover as the boot loader, you have to get rid of every aspect of Clover from the system. Is the windows disk booting ok on it's own? If it is remove it from the system until you can get the OS X booting on it's own as well. The process is so clear cut I am beginning to wonder if this is a case of trolling :blink:

Edited by eSaF

6 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Pal you have me so confused with your posts on this subject - why is Clover in the equation? I thought Opencore was your main objective here. To successfully run Opencore on a system that previously had Clover as the boot loader, you have to get rid of every aspect of Clover from the system. Is the windows disk booting ok on it's own? If it is remove it from the system until you can get the OS X booting on it's own as well. The process is so clear cut I am beginning to wonder if this is a case of trolling :blink:

clover is on usb stick my way of getting back just in case I mess up in OpenCore I just go into bios and tell the machine to boot from usb first  that's no other reason

2 minutes ago, markl18 said:

clover is on usb stick my way of getting back just in case I mess up in OpenCore I just go into bios and tell the machine to boot from usb first  that's no other reason

List your machine's specs as well as zip and post your opencore EFI Folder (remove your personal data).

6 minutes ago, eSaF said:

List your machine's specs as well as zip and post your opencore EFI Folder (remove your personal data).

I posted my config file but it won't let me attach the whole efi it is too big I just tried the oc folder is 70 mb compressed

Edited by markl18

Vit

how do I get back in to Catalina to copy files from USB booter?

my USB installer keeps hanging.  Dosddude1 Catalina Patcher installer.

I used my Sierra USB installer and get to Terminal but, unable to copy files

to a what seems to be mounted Catalina Volume on /dev/disk1s6.

used /sbin/mount -uw / ; Volumes; Catalina; and a few others. I can edit but what keeps from coping from another Volume?  I copied onto the USB installer the necessary files to copy over.

I bungled my HD3000graphics kext somehow adding a VRAMSize statement

and a perl script to increase VRAM to patching.  This however caused a Black Screen.

second issue:

Open shell. Edited config.plist after saving and exiting restart, the configuration file was unable to be read.  unable to get to Picker screen.

What can be done?  I posted in the forum in Post installation.  I not sure if this is OC related entirely.
But, unable to use USB installer for Catalina which is strange because I use it to repatch afterwards.

What would prevent this USB installer from not getting back to the Install screens?

Makk