OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ltooz_audis said:

I switched to 0.5.9 and all the boot icons no longer appear, just default text menu? What’s changed? Boot back to 0.5.8 with the same resources folder, the icons were back with the same config.

thanks,

louis

Just my opinion:

I believe that OpenCore displays the text menu if it does not find a valid external GUI. Have you updated Opencanopy to 0.5.9 version!

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Just my opinion:

I believe that OpenCore displays the text menu if it does not find a valid external GUI. Have you updated Opencanopy to 0.5.9 version!

I switched to 0.5.9 and all the boot icons no longer appear, just default text menu? What’s changed? Boot back to 0.5.8 with the same resources folder, the icons were back with the same config.

thanks,

louis

the canopy was in the 0.5.9 alreay

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Just my opinion:

thanks,

louis

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

thanks,

louis

...and did you check the log file for errors (booted with Debug version of OC) ?

...and did you download the lastest Resources Folder ?

I've been using OC 0.5.8 with Catalina 10.15.5 working fine. I thought I should try 0.5.9, but got stuck before picker menu. All efi, kexts and config.plist are updated accordingly, and I even tried the latest dev beta build.

Didn't see anyone has this issue. It looks like 0.5.9 is incompatible with ga-z97x-gaming 5 (bios ver F5). Could anyone help me on this?

IMG_7425.jpg

9 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

thanks,

louis

Have to use the 5.8 and copy to 5.9 

Or use OC-Builder to download lates ones right now it's 6.0 on a debug version and it is much faster bootup.

plus there are some changes. 

If you downloaded from github, those files are not in there. You have to us OC-Builder to create the latest and whatever drivers or Resources, Tools not present copy and paste. Unless there is a newer version, just copy paste from previous.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, el_charlie said:

Still some lines here and there. Sometimes on an app. Just closing it and restarting it fixes it.

I don't have much hope.

Can you explain me the display overrides, maybe on a PM to avoid messing the topic?

here are the files

makk

MacBook Pro 77.zip

config.plist.zip

On 6/5/2020 at 2:23 PM, tluck said:

what did not work?

Note: the Override Profile "works" only if the EDID present/injected matches on Vendor/Product IDs.

in this case the profile doesnt redefine the EDID, but provides a different gamma table, and resolution options. 

can you send me just EDID file decimal?

for LG thanks

3 hours ago, MacNB said:

...and did you check the log file for errors (booted with Debug version of OC) ?

...and did you download the lastest Resources Folder ?

No, I didn’t know it has new resources folder, where do you download this, why didn’t they include it in the package?

No, I didn’t know it has new resources folder, where do you download this, why didn’t they include it in the package?

OcBinaries data is committed 7 days ago: Download from here

Right, Resources folder is not include in the OC's package. I don't understand why too.

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

OcBinaries data is committed 7 days ago: Download from here

Right, Resources folder is not include in the OC's package. I don't understand why too.

6 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

I agree, Resources Folder SHOULD be included with the builds.

The reason it is not is because it includes Apple audio files which they are not allowed to distribute within OC.

The other reason was that the Audio Folder within Resource is massive (compared to OC).

Legally, I do not see the difference between hosting the Audio files on Github and hosting OC bundled Apple audio files on Github.

They could leave out Audio Folder and bundle just the Font, Image & Label folders and those who wish to use the audio picker would have to download that folder separately (and it does not change often if ever).

• Like 2

The likely reason the Resources aren't included by default is a) file size (especially the audio files) and b) the fonts, images and labels are for OpenCanopy, which is experimental.

For the default, intended OpenCore experience the Resources folder isn't needed.

• Like 1

Downloaded the resources and everything works, thanks guys, but one thing is when there are many icons, some icons on the far ends don't display, got cut off, is there a way to make the screen resizes the icons to fit them all in?

Thanks,

Louis

Downloaded the resources and everything works, thanks guys, but one thing is when there are many icons, some icons on the far ends don't display, got cut off, is there a way to make the screen resizes the icons to fit them all in?

Thanks,

Louis

Simple answer - no.

You are working with bleeding edge s/w :)

It's "early pre-release" is the best way describe OpenCanopy.

You can hide the Auxiliary drives - such as recovery drives if you haven't done so already.

That will reduce the "clutter" on the screen 

Edited by MacNB
  • Like 2

just installed Catalina 15.5+ onto HP Elitebook 820 G3 Skylark i7-6600u HD520 flawlessly with 0.5.9 while struggling with Clover KP. It does take time to set up the config.plist, but when it's done, can use it for anything. I'll have videos on all of my laptops and desktops.

Thanks Guys,

Louis

catalina_155_elitebook.png

catalina_elitebook.png

Edited by ltooz_audis

Success!

DW1820A

651399624_ScreenShot2020-06-09at11_09_24am.png.86998febddb8fd64261dea3fa1aea186.png

Kexts

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

For handoff i needed BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext

2.4Ghz seems to be working flawlessly, unable to rest 5Ghz until i get home later today.

5ghz works fine too.

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 3

@Itooz_audis - Why is your Catalina Disk and partitions showing up as External (Orange Icons)? If you have the Disk intentionally installed as HotPlug/Swop then it is correct but otherwise it is not. Maybe only cosmetic but you should correct it to show proper configuration.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:39 PM, yetties said:

I've been using OC 0.5.8 with Catalina 10.15.5 working fine. I thought I should try 0.5.9, but got stuck before picker menu. All efi, kexts and config.plist are updated accordingly, and I even tried the latest dev beta build.

Didn't see anyone has this issue. It looks like 0.5.9 is incompatible with ga-z97x-gaming 5 (bios ver F5). Could anyone help me on this?

After going through OC log, it's loading AudioDxe.efi and stuck at "HdaControllerInitPciHw(): controller version 0.0". With some try and error, the issue is version 0.5.9 of driver AudioDxe.efi and it's incompatible with my ga-z97x-gaming 5 audio (Haswell, 9 series, HD4600).

The solution is to replace it with AudioDxe.efi in the 0.5.8, and it works well!

All who have issues with AudioDxe, please check 0.6.0 master and provide logs in verbose mode if they are still present. Here is how:
https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/963#issuecomment-640363465

I think 0.5.7-8 I had a stutter issue like it would start, pause then continue but 0.5.9 - 0.6.0 AudioDxe has been flawless on my laptop.
Great work on OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone who use smbios vendor is apple in macos and vendor original in windows?

SpoofVendor is acidanthera in vendor. i don't want it. so i set false it. 

and in macos, show my original board name like LG. i want to set apple inc. like realmac.

also in windows, my product name is macbookpro13,1. it is not real name. i want to set factory name(original).

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

@Itooz_audis - Why is your Catalina Disk and partitions showing up as External (Orange Icons)? If you have the Disk intentionally installed as HotPlug/Swop then it is correct but otherwise it is not. Maybe only cosmetic but you should correct it to show proper configuration.

The orange is external USB nvme drive, the white ones are USB flash drive, I think it's the way they're supposed to be?

Cheers, 

Louis

54 minutes ago, ltooz_audis said:

The orange is external USB nvme drive, the white ones are USB flash drive, I think it's the way they're supposed to be?

Cheers, 

Louis

Yes I agree the USB flash drive colour is correct (white) but I am pretty sure all fixed internal drives including NNME are depicted as grey in colour and not removable. (HotPlug/HotSwop) drives are coloured Orange like on real Mac machines. Your depiction is showing that you can unmount your Orange drives and remove then without turning the machine off if that is exactly so then I am mistaken.

Ok I see now your NVME drive is External and not fixed as I first thought :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by eSaF