OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Does OpenCanopy appear when you set Show_picker = True ?

If not, then check your EFI/Resources folder for the Font, Labels & Image folders are not empty.

Ya everything works as should but no matter what I set, I can't get the loader to pull up the picker on OPT. PollAppleHotKeys also has no effect, on or off.

i switched Clover to OC. everything is fine with OC 0.5.9.

1190872764_2020-06-036_19_34.png.bb9b8f31203053168d78995f2f93023a.png

i wonder BlacklistAppleUpdate feature.

BlacklistAppleUpdate default is true. also i used it.

my default boot disk is macos partition in nvram. i trid to update 10.15.6 beta1 from 10.15.5. system reboot

and enter update partition in boot picker.u pdate 1stage, then system reboot. in boot picker, forget my default boot disk. only enter 1st disk.

i have to enter macos disk with arrow key.

can BlacklistAppleUpdate prevent this problem?

i think that after 1stage, seems to try update FW.

13 hours ago, tluck said:

my laptop with AUO LCD is prone to glitches and freezes UNLESS i inject the EDID from an LG LCD that works great

How did you end up getting a LG display EDID for your hack? What was the rationale?

I edited my EDID in my Clover days, but now I'm on OpenCore 0.5.9 and I don't inject the EDID anymore.

EDIT: Did you use the Catalina Patcher from dosdude1? So, you still use the Pre-Catalina SMBIOS? because technically we can use a newer smbios and use the vanilla installer. I don't know how to proceed.

Edited by el_charlie

17 minutes ago, el_charlie said:

How did you end up getting a LG display EDID for your hack? What was the rationale?

I edited my EDID in my Clover days, but now I'm on OpenCore 0.5.9 and I don't inject the EDID anymore.

EDIT: Did you use the Catalina Patcher from dosdude1? So, you still use the Pre-Catalina SMBIOS? because technically we can use a newer smbios and use the vanilla installer. I don't know how to proceed.

Hackintool (Displays tab)

4 minutes ago, el_charlie said:

I know how to prepare my EDID, the question is how did you come to the conclusion that an LG LCD was the answer?

I'm assuming probably like the rest of us. Trial and error. He tried it and it worked.

Hi. I am having an issue since 0.5.9, Windows will not boot. I get blue screen with "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR_STOP"

My windows installation is on a separate NVME SSD to my macOS installation. If I revert to 0.5.8 all is well and Windows boots. I've attached the 0.5.9 EFI I'm using, could someone have a look?

0.5.9.zip

17 hours ago, tluck said:

And yes, dosdude1 method works with OC to get Mojave/Catalina on HD3000 boxes. see github.com/tluck for my EFI for OC.

I tried using the Catalina Patcher from dosdude1 to install on my laptop and the installer freezes and the start of the progress bar. What I'm doing wrong? Do I need to create the USB using the patcher or modify my SMBIOS to boot the vanilla Catalina installer?

11 hours ago, Tiem said:

I'm assuming probably like the rest of us. Trial and error. He tried it and it worked.

my son's AUO LCD broke and i replaced with an LG. and besides being a much superior LCD, it didnt have any glitches! So i have another T420 with AUO and it still sucks to look at but with the LG EDID it doesn't freeze up.

6 hours ago, el_charlie said:

I tried using the Catalina Patcher from dosdude1 to install on my laptop and the installer freezes and the start of the progress bar. What I'm doing wrong? Do I need to create the USB using the patcher or modify my SMBIOS to boot the vanilla Catalina installer?

don't know why it freezes? turn on -v to see what is really going on. So yes. you build a the USB with the dosude1 tool with standard appStore Catalina. my SMBIOS is mbp8,1.  format the USB as GPT. Then if you want to boot directly from the USB, just put the same OC (or Clover) EFI onto the ESP of the USB. obviously you need to make made sure the OC bundle is fulling working on macOS (then it will work for an installer too). i did so by switching from Clover to OC.  have been using OC for about 3 weeks now, and after the learning curve to get the config right, it works without any issues.

Edited by tluck

1 hour ago, tluck said:

my son's AUO LCD broke and i replaced with an LG. and besides being a much superior LCD, it didnt have any glitches! So i have another T420 with AUO and it still sucks to look at but with the LG EDID it doesn't freeze up.

I really wish there was a way and a database for this kind of thing. I hate my display's firmware (LG 850). I have to inject a TB display so macOS knows where to draw the desktop. Without it, windows are restored randomly or placed outside the viewport. Even happens connected to a real Mac.

Not to mention the 20m long notice that the display will shutdown soon when you put it sleep is just r/{censored}design

in dortania guide it says:

Note that you should not add your generated DSDT.aml here, it is already in your firmware. So if present, remove the entry for it in your config.plist and under EFI/OC/ACPI.

in my build i need to put DSDT.aml to make sleep working nicely.

without dsdt i have instant-wake problem

is there anything I miss?

OC 0.5.9 - mojave 10.14.6

asus h81m-k

i5-4670

rx560

OC.zip

38 minutes ago, subandit said:

in dortania guide it says:

Note that you should not add your generated DSDT.aml here, it is already in your firmware. So if present, remove the entry for it in your config.plist and under EFI/OC/ACPI.

in my build i need to put DSDT.aml to make sleep working nicely.

without dsdt i have instant-wake problem

is there anything I miss?

OC 0.5.9 - mojave 10.14.6

asus h81m-k

i5-4670

rx560

OC.zip

First, iMac15,1(Haswell+Radeon) is more compatible to your build than iMac14,2(Haswell+Nvidia).
Second, for your mobo, I’d remove any USB related kext(USBInjectAll/Map/Ports) and only add power via config.plist>DeviceProperties>Add

USB.png.695465f2f0df357db387c9827017bd89.png

1 hour ago, hardcorehenry said:

First, iMac15,1(Haswell+Radeon) is more compatible to your build than iMac14,2(Haswell+Nvidia).
Second, for your mobo, I’d remove any USB related kext(USBInjectAll/Map/Ports) and only add power via config.plist>DeviceProperties>Add

USB.png.695465f2f0df357db387c9827017bd89.png

thank you for reply !

but somehow i only able to type in capital in those data, so instead of e803 its E803

generate new imac 15,1

dont install usb kexts

disabled dsdt in plist.

but sleep problem re accure, instant wake to be pricise

OC.zip

56 minutes ago, subandit said:

thank you for reply !

but somehow i only able to type in capital in those data, so instead of e803 its E803

generate new imac 15,1

dont install usb kexts

disabled dsdt in plist.

but sleep problem re accure, instant wake to be pricise

OC.zip

Change in DeviceProperties:

AAPL,ig-platform-id   Data   <0b001204>

Adding this patches might also help.

PATCHES.zip

EDIT: You don't need XhciPortLimit Enabled

Edited by hardcorehenry

On 5/25/2020 at 3:40 AM, ajacocks said:

This is my first time using OpenCore, so please forgive any obvious errors.

I followed the (very complete) guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide and that answered a lot of questions. However, I am repeatedly not able to get past the error, shown in the attached image. It's the "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]" error, which the guide makes several suggestions to remedy, none of which help me. There is no way to disable CFG-LOCK, so I have enabled AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock.

My system is a Dell Optiplex 7050 Core i6-6500, with a AMD Radeon R5 340X video card. I've tried every USB port, on the machine, both USB2 and USB3, based on some comments that I have found, online. I've attached my boot log, and EFI folder, here, as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!

- Alex

IMG_0118.jpg

opencore-2020-05-25-032818.txt

EFI.zip

//There is no way to disable CFG-LOCK//

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4JXVNJsK98   Fixing your BIOS CFG Lock for the perfect Hackintosh

3 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

Change in DeviceProperties:

AAPL,ig-platform-id   Data   <0b001204>

Adding this patches might also help.

PATCHES.zip

EDIT: You don't need XhciPortLimit Enabled

now sleep takes longer time, and unable to wake at all :D

should i return to dsdt route, its working smooth actually. but i wonder why dortania dont recommend it

OC.zip

8 minutes ago, subandit said:

now sleep takes longer time, and unable to wake at all :D

should i return to dsdt route, its working smooth actually. but i wonder why dortania dont recommend it

OC.zip

This patches and settings are working for my build without issues. If it doesn’t work for you there’s no point of keeping them.

1 minute ago, hardcorehenry said:

This patches and settings are working for my build without issues. If it doesn’t work for you there’s no point of keeping them.

Thank you, even its not working as expected i have learn alot from it.

thanks again for your time!