OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Posts save within 2 to 3 seconds, then the site eats glue for another 30 to 60, just refresh...

This works for you? I just end up right back and the editor says it has restored my previous content...

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

No I meant True / Enable.
What works for one will not always for another.

Oh, well.... S h i t. Maybe he does need it enabled.... :frantics:

9 hours ago, markl18 said:

I get about 12 of those for all kinds of reasons anyway in order to the gpu device to work correctly you have to have those changes to coincide with ssdt-gpu.aml file that has to be present in order for things to happen 

What you talking about? The ACPI dump? You should probably have anywhere from five to thirty tables depending on your firmware, chipset, cpu, and feature set of the mobo.

12 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

I run your DSDT through SSDTTime and I'm a bit surprised it didn't returned SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. Just in case:SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Yeah, when I ran it through, it just provided SSDT-EC.dsl/aml. I tried that, and the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml that you linked.

Neither got us to the graphical screen, unfortunately.

- Alex

15 minutes ago, apianti said:

This works for you? I just end up right back and the editor says it has restored my previous content...

Oh, well.... S h i t. Maybe he does need it enabled.... :frantics:

What you talking about? The ACPI dump? You should probably have anywhere from five to thirty tables depending on your firmware, chipset, cpu, and feature set of the mobo. 

The ACPI dump just generates DSDT.aml, and SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-Plug.aml. There are indeed a bunch of tables in the DSDT.dsl, when I look at it.

- Alex

6 minutes ago, ajacocks said:

Yeah, when I ran it through, it just provided SSDT-EC.dsl/aml. I tried that, and the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml that you linked.

- Alex

The ACPI dump just generates DSDT.aml, and SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-Plug.aml. There are indeed a bunch of tables in the DSDT.dsl, when I look at it.

- Alex

Look at my previous response before this to you. That should get you working, you have a few problems, you don't need to disable your original controller, it's fine. You only need to add the new fake device but you may have a scope problem.

EDIT: Also I was referring to dumping all ACPI tables, not running that auto patcher thingy.

Edited by apianti

52 minutes ago, apianti said:

There are patches specific to devices. You'd have to look for them, I imagine that they are probably in that topic you used already. I imagine you need to change the connector type for the internal screen, have you tried connecting an external screen?

EDIT: The patches will probably need applied to whatever kext you added to get working graphics.

EDIT2: You can try using Lilu+WEG but I don't think those will help you because I don't think they support those graphics either but I am not sure...

I always use them. Like I said my guts are telling me I need to inject EDID but this bios does not have any or it is so protected that it won't give me anything. It is a Panasonic toughbook.  I tried Linux and Windows. 

33 minutes ago, startergo said:

I always use them. Like I said my guts are telling me I need to inject EDID but this bios does not have any or it is so protected that it won't give me anything. It is a Panasonic toughbook.  I tried Linux and Windows. 

You mean Lilu+WEG or the connector patches? Did you try an external monitor? I'm pretty sure you need the connectors patch. The EDID is in the monitor itself, if the screen is embedded it may not have an EDID. Thing is it MUST support certain modes by default to be certified as the specific type of display it is, so it would just try to work at the one of these resolutions if the EDID was not available (since it is extended information, not vital). This does not mean it is the native (or best) resolution of the display. I guess macOS could be trying to use a resolution that it doesn't support because the smbios model you chose does support it. How have you tried to extract it? You can always try to build your own from scratch as well with a hex editor and the wikipedia page for EDID.

EDIT: When you remote in, can you check and see what it says the resolution is in any way?

EDIT2: I'm assuming yes, since you said you could check for acceleration.

Edited by apianti

50 minutes ago, ajacocks said:

- Alex

Did you changed everything in config.plist PlatformInfo>Generic, because iMac18,3 is bad idea.

2 hours ago, startergo said:

I used this guide:

Well then, really you should be seeking help on that thread as it is relevant to your issue.

You more likely to meet like-minded people with the experience with Arrandale there that can help.

It's not related to OpenCore.

If most of those folks are using Clover, then they'll get you working.

Then there are ways to migrate to OpenCore.

Edited by MacNB
duplicate post...this site has a lot of problems at the moment

18 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Well then, really you should be seeking help on that thread as it is relevant to your issue.

You more likely to meet like-minded people with the experience with Arrandale there that can help.

Agreed. I think that they will be able to help you better. I don't think this is an issue of OC but of your configuration for devices.

18 minutes ago, MacNB said:

duplicate post...this site has a lot of problems at the moment

This is not even a post anymore because it was merged but it edited the last one, but says it edited the first. So the quoting doesn't work, I had to copy and paste. I double post constantly and the site is like a good minute per post or edit currently.

EDIT: The edit time line is above your text for the post, lol.

Edited by apianti

On 5/8/2020 at 11:34 PM, gorans said:

Hi Kiu,

did You manage to solve this problem? I also have USB flash drives listed as "USB Internal Physical Disk" but they have external icons and I can unmount them.

Sorry but was not able to solve that until now.

4 hours ago, apianti said:

Wait, does he have sky lake but using kaby lake smbios?

I did change it...I had switched because some online guide or other suggested it.

It's now iMac17,1.

Thanks!

- Alex

Lenovo-Air13-IWL

Upgrade to macos catalina 10.15.5 (19F96) hdmi external display black screen!
In macos catalina 10.15.4, boot-args enable igfxonln = 1 igfxagdc = 0 method is invalid.
Is there any other solutions for my friends?

2020-05-27.png

Edited by lanzaozijun

9 hours ago, MacNB said:

I wanted to migrate to OC. I just don't know if it even supports Arrandale. I asked questions in that thread. But nobody answered.

Edited by startergo

Im trying to boot Arch Linux with OC, OC sees my EFI partition for Arch but it just boots to a black screen.

What config do i need to generate a boot log for OC so i can get my PCIRoot address so i can hopefully add an entry in OC.

If this can be done does anyone have a method for this?

5 hours ago, startergo said:

I wanted to migrate to OC. I just don't know if it even supports Arrandale. I asked questions in that thread. But nobody answered.

Support of Arrandale is a macOS issue and nothing to do with the boot loader (Clover, OC, etc).

I have weird minor issue with OpenCore (my files). After I wake up screen and login into macOS, I see for a while booting screen and then normal login screen into macOS. It seems to some buffered thing. This occuring every time. Sleep and wake from sleep solves it, so after sleep it work normally.

I'm attaching video of this issue.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_8a8YukSJjiXuySTFPdWWgUdoo2S-PPl
May be it can be solved simply by some option in OpenCore or WEG?

3 hours ago, kecinzer said:

I have weird minor issue with OpenCore (my files). After I wake up screen and login into macOS, I see for a while booting screen and then normal login screen into macOS. It seems to some buffered thing. This occuring every time. Sleep and wake from sleep solves it, so after sleep it work normally.

I'm attaching video of this issue.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_8a8YukSJjiXuySTFPdWWgUdoo2S-PPl
May be it can be solved simply by some option in OpenCore or WEG?

I get that on my real MacBook Pro.

It's normal with FileVault.

Looks like you turned ON File Vault.

Edited by MacNB
spelling

47 minutes ago, MacNB said:

I get that on my real MacBook Pro.

It's normal with FileVault.

Looks like you turned ON File Vault.

Ah, thats weird. I have Fault Vault enabled.

I have also MacBook Pro and I never mentioned it.

It happens only after fresh start or reboot with external displays are connected. I tried gfxrst=4 argument, but result is still same.

It's not big deal, but my current setup is almost perfect, so I want to fix this little glitch :).

1 hour ago, kecinzer said:

Ah, thats weird. I have Fault Vault enabled.

I have also MacBook Pro and I never mentioned it.

It happens only after fresh start or reboot with external displays are connected. I tried gfxrst=4 argument, but result is still same.

It's not big deal, but my current setup is almost perfect, so I want to fix this little glitch :).

Why fix something that's not broken ?

If it happens on your real Mac, have you tried to ask Apple to fix your real Mac ?

I just swapped out my 5820k for a Xeon E5 2697 V3 (GA X99 UD4 & vega 64) and get an unknown cpu in About This Mac.

I inserted Cpuid1Data: C3060300 00000000 00000000 00000000 -

The cpu is Haswell based. Is this code correct?

Or is there another way I can get the OS to recognize the cpu correctly? Or do I need to fill in a code in ProcessorType -> PlatformInfo. Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Edited by olmirror

15 hours ago, MacNB said:

Why fix something that's not broken ?

If it happens on your real Mac, have you tried to ask Apple to fix your real Mac ?

As I wrote - I never mentioned that it happens on real mac.

But never-mind, it's not use breaker.

3 hours ago, LBowgensloth said:

I just would like to ask if bluetooth support in oc is ever going to become a thing or if it is out of scope. (Like bluetooth keyboard support in FileVault.)

I have an Apple MacBook Pro WiFi Wireless AC BT4.0 CARD (part number 653-0194) BCM943602CS fitted into a PCIe x1 adapter in my desktop.

I also have a Apple Magic 2 keyboard & mouse.

I can access the BIOS via bluetooth before macOS or Windows boots.

I can use OPT/Alt, CMD+V, etc OC features before macOS boots.

So basically, the BT adapter & Apple peripherals work in LEGACY mode during pre-boot and appears to the system as a USB HID device and once macOS or Windows boots, their drivers take over seamlessly.

I have not yet installed FileVault so don't know if the kbd/mouse would work.

YMMV :)

Edited by MacNB
typo
  • Like 1