OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

Simple answer, you don’t need this. This is better equivalent of ACPI renames (like SAT0 to SATA) via config.plist.

I believe it's not necessary to rename SAT0 to SATA. macOS is not really checking it and does not affect functionality.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, apianti said:

Are you sure that patch is still valid? Can you find the data to replace in the binary itself?

EDIT: Wait don't you need the full identifier?

yup. thanks. full indentifier for the kext name made it work. 

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

How did you do it at the moment ?

Not very well with EC and Clover. It looses LCD output on login. I can VNC to it and it is accelerated, but I cannot output to the LCD with acceleration. I think the biggest issue is that I cannot get the EDID out of it for injection

Edited by startergo

8 hours ago, apianti said:

Think he meant to disable RebuildAppleMemoryMap.

Ah, thanks for the catch!

With that change, I get quite a bit further, to the point shown in the included image. I believe that mpo_policy_init is from Lilu. I'm re-attaching my config.plist, as well.

If I move the thumb drive to a USB2.0 port, remove the R5-340X Dell GPU, and add the config for the iGPU (Skylake 530), I get to apfs_module_start. I don't have an AWAC clock, as this is Skylake, so that's not the issue. I'm assuming that these are iGPU problems. I've tried the onboard HDMI and DisplayPort ports (DisplayPort with an HDMI adapter), and the HDMI gets me the furthest:

IMG_0135.thumb.jpg.3143bfa2bf3722a1221765a56be5c574.jpg

Thanks!
- Alex

config.plist

Edited by ajacocks
More progress

1 hour ago, ajacocks said:

Ah, thanks for the catch!

With that change, I get quite a bit further, to the point shown in the included image. I believe that mpo_policy_init is from Lilu. I'm re-attaching my config.plist, as well.

If I move the thumb drive to a USB2.0 port, remove the R5-340X Dell GPU, and add the config for the iGPU (Skylake 530), I get to apfs_module_start. I don't have an AWAC clock, as this is Skylake, so that's not the issue. I'm assuming that these are iGPU problems. I've tried the onboard HDMI and DisplayPort ports (DisplayPort with an HDMI adapter), and the HDMI gets me the furthest:

Thanks!
- Alex

Probably EC patch but maybe one of these others (yeah - not AWAC on skylake unless you somehow frankensteined something like a very mad man), check here, https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/blob/master/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.md#stuck-on-rtc-pci-configuration-begins-previous-shutdown-hpet-hid-legacy.

4 hours ago, tluck said:

yup. thanks. full indentifier for the kext name made it work. 

Cool.

3 hours ago, startergo said:

Not very well with EC and Clover. It looses LCD output on login. I can VNC to it and it is accelerated, but I cannot output to the LCD with acceleration. I think the biggest issue is that I cannot get the EDID out of it for injection

After login at the desktop or login for unlocking filevault? Or before the desktop login even appears? Maybe you need to adjust something in the configuration for the graphics specific to your machine like the graphics connectors.

EDIT: The site is soooo slow....

Edited by apianti

14 minutes ago, apianti said:

Probably EC patch but maybe one of these others (yeah - not AWAC on skylake unless you somehow frankensteined something like a very mad man), check here, https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/blob/master/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.md#stuck-on-rtc-pci-configuration-begins-previous-shutdown-hpet-hid-legacy.

Unfortunately, I already have the EC patch enabled (as added by TopLevel):

1821931472_Screenshotfrom2020-05-2600-07-16.thumb.png.ce4b21b45d7f10abcfbce03513ce676e.png

I'm going through the other fixes. Already tried the "Above 4G" boot arg, which made things worse. Trying the HPET stuff next.

Thanks!
- Alex

Edited by ajacocks

6 minutes ago, ajacocks said:

Not sure that is the correct patch. https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-platform.html#laptop

EDIT: Probably more helpful, https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/ec-fix.html

Edited by apianti

45 minutes ago, ajacocks said:

1821931472_Screenshotfrom2020-05-2600-07-16.thumb.png.ce4b21b45d7f10abcfbce03513ce676e.png

I'm going through the other fixes. Already tried the "Above 4G" boot arg, which made things worse. Trying the HPET stuff next.

Thanks!
- Alex

Alex you actually have to edit a DSDT.dsl file after it is dissembled and abridged from its size of 483 kb to about 34kbthe rest is going to become sssdt1 ssd 2 ssdt3 and so on

9 minutes ago, markl18 said:

Alex you actually have to edit a DSDT.dsl file after it is dissembled and abridged from its size of 483 kb to about 34kbthe rest is going to become sssdt1 ssd 2 ssdt3 and so on 

I think I must be failing to understand something obvious, here. I followed the guide, and it just told me (I think) to add the SSDT-PLUG.aml and the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, to the ACPI directory. I then did a clean snapshot, in TopLevel, to make sure that my config.plist was correct.

I did attempt to do my own editing, and create my own SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (rather than to use the generic Skylake one) but I got a duplicate entry on the ED device. Here's the results of my edit (attached .dsl file). I also attached the error I get (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS):

IMG_0136.thumb.jpg.ca9840f84b7cd3d1e5b727ec4ea65148.jpg

I assume that's because the existing ACPI Tables already have an entry for the H_EC?

Thanks!

- Alex

SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl

34 minutes ago, ajacocks said:

I think I must be failing to understand something obvious, here. I followed the guide, and it just told me (I think) to add the SSDT-PLUG.aml and the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, to the ACPI directory. I then did a clean snapshot, in TopLevel, to make sure that my config.plist was correct.

I did attempt to do my own editing, and create my own SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (rather than to use the generic Skylake one) but I got a duplicate entry on the ED device. Here's the results of my edit (attached .dsl file). I also attached the error I get (AE_ALREADY_EXISTS):

I assume that's because the existing ACPI Tables already have an entry for the H_EC?

Thanks!

- Alex

Did you read those guides? You don't always need that for a laptop, it may already exist correctly. You just have to apply only some of the patch in that case, you have to determine this from your original table dump though.

Edited by apianti

1 hour ago, apianti said:

Did you read those guides? You don't always need that for a laptop, it may already exist correctly. You just have to apply only some of the patch in that case, you have to determine this from your original table dump though.

I get about 12 of those for all kinds of reasons anyway in order to the gpu device to work correctly you have to have those changes to coincide with ssdt-gpu.aml file that has to be present in order for things to happen 

Edited by markl18

6 hours ago, apianti said:

Cool.

After login at the desktop or login for unlocking filevault? Or before the desktop login even appears? Maybe you need to adjust something in the configuration for the graphics specific to your machine like the graphics connectors.

EDIT: The site is soooo slow....

Just before login. I can't see the login screen on the LCD only through VNC. How can I adjust the connectors? If I spoof graphics the screen is connected but then acceleration does not work.

4 hours ago, markl18 said:

I get about 12 of those for all kinds of reasons anyway in order to the gpu device to work correctly you have to have those changes to coincide with ssdt-gpu.aml file that has to be present in order for things to happen 

Thanks, I did indeed follow the procedures to the best of my knowledge.

1) This is a desktop, a Dell Optiplex 7050

2) There is no “EC” device, in the DSDT.dsl, it’s called “H_EC”

3) I did the editing to rename it, but I’m not sure that I did it correctly, as I get that duplication error that I mentioned

Would someone be willing to check over my edits, if I post my DSDT.dsl and my SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl, that I already linked?

Here’s the definition of “H_EC” from the DSDT.dsl:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Device (H_EC)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09") /* Embedded Controller Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                ^^^GFX0.CLID = 0x03
                Return (Zero)
            }

I uncommented and modified this section, in SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl:

External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC)
    {
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (0)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
        }
    }

Does that look right?

Thanks!

- Alex

DSDT.dsl

39 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Some desktop have devices(H_EC,EC0) that require only rename to EC, unless I should already know it(without your DSDT). Try this SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Rehabman has all those edits automated and if you get those ae_already done they are innocuous all it means that those search and replace commands in the info file could not be executed you could put oc in debug mode and see live all those edits happening as it goes about building it’s tables anyway you could go both ways maybe one way will save some extra waisted cpu time but again. It’s only couple of micro seconds who cares

13 hours ago, startergo said:

Let's try another way to ask the question.

What are you doing to try and get Arrandale graphics to work ?

I.e. what patches ?

What kexts ?

etc ?

As far I can remember Arrandale is not supported at all since the graphics drivers have been removed.

People were taking drivers from Lion and Mountain Lion (I believe to get it to work).

There's a whole Topic on this site.

6 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

@ajacocks I think smbios iMac17,1 would be better choice.

Edit:Did you try SSDTTime. It’s possible you only need rename for your “EC”

Yep! That’s what generated my existing .aml files. I ran it on Windows 10, on the machine, itself.

Thanks!

- Alex

4 hours ago, ajacocks said:

Thanks, I did indeed follow the procedures to the best of my knowledge.

1) This is a desktop, a Dell Optiplex 7050

2) There is no “EC” device, in the DSDT.dsl, it’s called “H_EC”

3) I did the editing to rename it, but I’m not sure that I did it correctly, as I get that duplication error that I mentioned

Would someone be willing to check over my edits, if I post my DSDT.dsl and my SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl, that I already linked?

Here’s the definition of “H_EC” from the DSDT.dsl:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Device (H_EC)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09") /* Embedded Controller Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            {
                ^^^GFX0.CLID = 0x03
                Return (Zero)
            }

I uncommented and modified this section, in SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl:

External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC)
    {
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (0)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
        }
    }

Does that look right?

Thanks!

- Alex

Are you modifying your DSDT? If you are just add that OS specific stuff to your original device. One thing though, your controller is disabled, it's already returning zero status (see the embedded controller _STA edge case, that's yours). Looks like you may have a scope problem in your SSDT as well. And the device should be EC in the SSDT not H_EC. That's why it is giving you the already exists.

EDIT: Sorry, looking at the wrong part of SSDT. You did name it EC, remove the H_EC part.

EDIT2: Fix your scope in the SSDT.

Edited by apianti

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

Let's try another way to ask the question.

What are you doing to try and get Arrandale graphics to work ?

I.e. what patches ?

What kexts ?

etc ?

As far I can remember Arrandale is not supported at all since the graphics drivers have been removed.

People were taking drivers from Lion and Mountain Lion (I believe to get it to work).

There's a whole Topic on this site.

I used this guide:

6 hours ago, startergo said:

Just before login. I can't see the login screen on the LCD only through VNC. How can I adjust the connectors? If I spoof graphics the screen is connected but then acceleration does not work.

There are patches specific to devices. You'd have to look for them, I imagine that they are probably in that topic you used already. I imagine you need to change the connector type for the internal screen, have you tried connecting an external screen?

EDIT: The patches will probably need applied to whatever kext you added to get working graphics.

EDIT2: You can try using Lilu+WEG but I don't think those will help you because I don't think they support those graphics either but I am not sure...

Edited by apianti