OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I am trying to test the latest i9 10900K CPU and  Z490 Asrock gaming 4 motherboard but stuck on Apple logo screen. is this hardware does not compatible at the moment?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi all

I am a noob with OC and my Hackintosh knowledge is intermediate. I have a stable system dual booting Catalina 10.15.4 with Windows 10. I am using the OpenCanopy boot picker and OC 0.5.8

I have made a clone of my Win10 installation to use as backup, however, when I restart system, I see 2 x Windows 10 options in bootpicker so I don't know which one I am booting from, my nvme Win10 or my SSD backup. Is there a way to identify the two drives in bootpicker so I know which is which. I did name the backup drive "Windows 10 Backup" in Windows, but this does not carry forward in the OC bootpicker. Can anyone help me to achieve this?

Many thanks

28 minutes ago, Humanate said:

Hi all

I am a noob with OC and my Hackintosh knowledge is intermediate. I have a stable system dual booting Catalina 10.15.4 with Windows 10. I am using the OpenCanopy boot picker and OC 0.5.8

I have made a clone of my Win10 installation to use as backup, however, when I restart system, I see 2 x Windows 10 options in bootpicker so I don't know which one I am booting from, my nvme Win10 or my SSD backup. Is there a way to identify the two drives in bootpicker so I know which is which. I did name the backup drive "Windows 10 Backup" in Windows, but this does not carry forward in the OC bootpicker. Can anyone help me to achieve this?

Many thanks

Sound like you might need some custom entries.

See if this post helps you out. While you're there, you can also read the one right above it.

• Like 1

getting on boot screen 64bit truncated to 32 bit, some application.  with address but unable to pause the boot process to read the information since it is a lot.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF > FFFFFFFFFF to address (2xxxxxxxxxx)

after a while of being logged into Desktop, the GUI freezes, unresponsive, but mouse works just can't open or shut.  complete no activity.  keyboard numlock caps lock works with lints on and off.

what could be the problem causing this? 

New to OpenCore so I'm not sure what settings do what.  

Put in SSDT's for EC-LAPTOP, IMEI, SBUS-MCHC, PNLF, USBX,

changed SSDT.aml > SSDT-PM, Changed SSDT-2.aml which has the CPU0 > SSDT-PLUG.aml, 

OpenCore config.plist attached

IOREG attached 

config.plist.zip

MacBook Pro8,2.zip

6 minutes ago, makk said:

getting on boot screen 64bit truncated to 32 bit, some application.  with address but unable to pause the boot process to read the information since it is a lot.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF > FFFFFFFFFF to address (2xxxxxxxxxx)

after a while of being logged into Desktop, the GUI freezes, unresponsive, but mouse works just can't open or shut.  complete no activity.  keyboard numlock caps lock works with lints on and off.

what could be the problem causing this? 

New to OpenCore so I'm not sure what settings do what.  

Put in SSDT's for EC-LAPTOP, IMEI, SBUS-MCHC, PNLF, USBX,

changed SSDT.aml > SSDT-PM, Changed SSDT-2.aml which has the CPU0 > SSDT-PLUG.aml, 

OpenCore config.plist attached

IOREG attached 

config.plist.zip

MacBook Pro8,2.zip

I'm no expert in laptops by any stretch of the imagination. My only laptop is an actual MacBook. But..don't you need AAPL,ig-platform-id enabled? Looks disabled right now. But maybe there's something I'm missing here... As I said, I never attempted to hackintosh a laptop. And I know it's not an easy task.

So...if it's not related to graphics...I don't know. WEG seems to be installed. I'm guessing it's probably also up to date. So that's probably not it...

59 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I'm no expert in laptops by any stretch of the imagination. My only laptop is an actual MacBook. But..don't you need AAPL,ig-platform-id enabled? Looks disabled right now. But maybe there's something I'm missing here... As I said, I never attempted to hackintosh a laptop. And I know it's not an easy task.

So...if it's not related to graphics...I don't know. WEG seems to be installed. I'm guessing it's probably also up to date. So that's probably not it...

thanks, yes the ig-platform-id is from the Windows one.

For Apple Sandybridge = snb-platform-id.

loaded the Truncate issue

Truncated 64-bit constant found in 32-bit table: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0 => FFFFFFF0 (2016093/dsobject-832)

20200522_171641.jpg.zip

• Like 1

UPDATE: Fixed Keyboard. No driver in UEFI.  Downloaded from .5.8

x--still no keyboard after many trials on 5.9  >> 

UEFI>Drivers>PS2KeyboardDxe.efi <<apparently the OCBuilder did not install this file!?

1-- LegacySchema in NVRAM. getting boot up messages 

--using LegacyBoot. Should I just delete? OR

UPDATE: Fixed Downloaded and replaced necessary files.

x--I used OCBuilder to build.  It came out to 5.9.

x--what would be the problem and how would I switch back to 5.8?

x--What folders and files would I replace copy over in from 5.8?

NEED ASSISTANCE:  this shows up immediately after ACPI patching on boot up:

<--Truncated 64-bit constant found in 32-bit table: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0 => FFFFFFF0 (2016093/dsobject-832)-->. Apparently this is an out of sync APIC.aml >> however in OC there is no Origin folder to place.

For Clover this is to patch it and place the patched one in Origin Folder.

But for OC where to place the patched one?

How to correct this table?

Thanks

Edited by makk
Found reasons for Truncated 64-bit constant by Rehabman.

how to get the OpenCore boot log ?  in Mojave 

--would like to see all the messages during OC bootloader startup.

apparently there are several errors relating to APCI and ACPI and a few SSDT CpuPm, P-states, C-states 

and a Truncated 64-bit constant in a 32-bit table

Thanks for new update 0.5.9 Image work smooth. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

How to enable OCEFIAudio_en_Files config.plist?

Thanks for your support.

1383652533_ScreenShot2020-05-23at12_41_34AM.thumb.png.c7fde3499f6348e5442488e2ddc8d60b.png

567208809_ScreenShot2020-05-23at12_47_39AM.thumb.png.3731f2ad6e20e85d428c347ecffc7910.png

4 hours ago, makk said:

how to get the OpenCore boot log ?  in Mojave 

--would like to see all the messages during OC bootloader startup.

apparently there are several errors relating to APCI and ACPI and a few SSDT CpuPm, P-states, C-states 

and a Truncated 64-bit constant in a 32-bit table

Use OpenCore DEBUG version, set config: Misc -> Debug -> Target to 83, for example (this will also save as a file so you can examine it later), and enjoy! :)  Log will be saved to your EFI partition.

More info about that you can find in the Configuration.pdf. (page 33/34)

Edited by arsradu

10 hours ago, mathew2019 said:

Hi Guys

Is there anyone tried  latest i9 10900K CPU and  Z490motherboard with OpenCore? I am stuck at Apple boot screen.

Thanks

We can't afford it. :) I mean, at least I can't. :))

Check here if you've got everything set up correctly. Especially APCI.

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, Andrey1970 said:

There a name which you see in the menu OC.

221591836_2019-05-2714_11_23.png.df6873556fc39939dbe2506d36cf2347.png

Hi, I was referred to this post by @arsradu - thanks. I am not using bootcamp, have windows on a separate disk and use OC 0.5.8 with OpenCanopy bootpicker. I want to change the name of the Windows drive shown in bootpicker. I mounted the Windows disk, then placed a plain text file ".contentDetails" in EFI/Boot as shown here with the name I want:

792920648_Screenshot2020-05-23at08_19_10.png.fbf16e69355bffaf7e0304d8a7272ce2.png

On reboot, nothing changes, drive still called "Windows". I guess I am misunderstanding something. Can anyone help me please?

1 hour ago, Humanate said:

Hi, I was referred to this post by @arsradu - thanks. I am not using bootcamp, have windows on a separate disk and use OC 0.5.8 with OpenCanopy bootpicker. I want to change the name of the Windows drive shown in bootpicker. I mounted the Windows disk, then placed a plain text file ".contentDetails" in EFI/Boot as shown here with the name I want:

792920648_Screenshot2020-05-23at08_19_10.png.fbf16e69355bffaf7e0304d8a7272ce2.png

On reboot, nothing changes, drive still called "Windows". I guess I am misunderstanding something. Can anyone help me please?

OK, I had to test this myself. :D Aaand yes, it seems to be working. And I don't think it has anything to do with BootCamp. But it might have something to do with your Picker configuration.

So .contentDetails added to the Windows EFI partition. That looks ok.

OC config: Misc -> Boot -> Picker Attributes: 1

Picker Mode: External. That's probably already set up.

Aaand...at least for me, that worked out brilliantly.

I'm using 0.5.9 though... But I don't think that makes a difference. But if you do, you can find attached the one I built a few days ago.

IMG_0089.thumb.jpg.f947f004d6d022cd57756b544fdbbcdd.jpg

OpenCore-0.5.9-RELEASE.zip

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, arsradu said:

OK, I had to test this myself. :D Aaand yes, it seems to be working. And I don't think it has anything to do with BootCamp. But it might have something to do with your Picker configuration.

So .contentDetails added to the Windows EFI partition. That looks ok.

OC config: Misc -> Boot -> Picker Attributes: 1

Picker Mode: External. That's probably already set up.

Aaand...at least for me, that worked out brilliantly.

I'm using 0.5.9 though... But I don't think that makes a difference. But if you do, you can find attached the one I build a few days ago.

OpenCore-0.5.9-RELEASE.zip

Thanks for testing. I am obviously missing something being a noob and all :unsure:

I looked at your attached 0.5.9 for some insight but I think this is just the release, no config. plist in the attached file

Can I check the basics?

1. Do I make a plain .txt file called ".contentDetails" and put the name I want in there or do I find an existing file somewhere and modify it?

2. I have tried making a .txt file as above and then mounting my windows drive (within macOS, not Bootcamp though) and placing the .txt file called ".contentDetails" in EFI/Boot, nothing changes

3. I do have Picker Attributes: 1 now, it was set to 0 and Picker Mode is External

Edited by Humanate

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

We can't afford it. :) I mean, at least I can't. :))

Check here if you've got everything set up correctly. Especially APCI.

It’s not a icelake 10nm cpu brother the 10900k is a cometlake 14nm cpu or in other words a coffeelake cpu with two more cores glued on.

theres no support for it in Catalina yet though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

It’s not a icelake 10nm cpu brother the 10900k is a cometlake 14nm cpu or in other words a coffeelake cpu with two more cores glued on.

theres no support for it in Catalina yet though.

I see... Alright then. I didn't know that. :D I've learned something new today. Thank you! :) 

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

:thumbsup_anim:

Hmmmm - A wealth of information ....... 'She canna take anymore captain she'll blow I tell yah, she'll blow' - nice one AG :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Humanate said:

Thanks for testing. I am obviously missing something being a noob and all :unsure:

I looked at your attached 0.5.9 but I think this is just the release, no config. plist in the attached file

Can I check the basics?

1. Do I make a plain .txt file called ".contentDetails" and put the name I want in there or do I find an existing file somewhere and modify it?

2. I have tried making a .txt file as above and then mounting my windows drive (within macOS, not Bootcamp though) and placing the .txt file called ".contentDetails" in EFI/Boot, nothing changes

3. I do have Picker Attributes: 1 now, it was set to 0 and Picker Mode is External

Yes, that's how it comes out when you build it from sources. You need to replace only certain files. Ok, let's leave that for another time then. :))

You need to make a blank file, so not txt, called .contentDetails. The content on that file needs to be the name you want to show up on the boot picker. In my case (attached), I named it "Windows 10 Pro". You can edit this one if you want.

To make a blank file, you can use Sublime Text, for example, on MacOS. Or any text editor. But again, it's not a .txt file. It's a blank file. There's no extension on it.

So, in Sublime for example, you just go to File -> New File -> enter your custom name in that file -> Save As -> ".contentDetails". 

In order to be able to create that hidden file, you need to set hidden files to visible. To do that, easiest way is to press: CMD (or Windows key if you're on a Windows keyboard) + Shift + . (yes, that's the dot symbol on your keyboard). So CMD + SHIFT + .

To disable (make hidden files invisible again), just repeat the same command.

Here's the before and after. The file is present in both cases, but one is with hidden files disabled, the other one is with them enabled.

1710014908_Screenshot2020-05-23at11_42_25.thumb.png.849bb85eb6d1e63cc6d5f2535f0d8f1e.png

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 11.42.44.png

.contentDetails

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Hmmmm - A wealth of information ....... 'She canna take anymore captain she'll blow I tell yah, she'll blow' - nice one AG :thumbsup_anim:

:startreck:

I picked up my sample Z490 Master yesterday. Woooaaahhhhh it’s a lovely board Mr eSaF,

I have no intention of buying a 10900k though, if I get one for free as well then I won’t complain but my 9900k is a good enough furnace for me to keep my warm toastie.. :hysterical:

• Like 3