-cpu host \
    -smp 12,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=2 \
    -bios /usr/share/ovmf/x64/OVMF_CODE.fd \
    -device virtio-gpu \
    -display gtl,gl=on \
    -drive file=/dev/nvme0n1,format=raw,if=ide \
    -cdrom /Volumes/archive/iso/19628.1.1000_MULTI_X64_EN-US.ISO \
;

hi I ma trying my hardest to figure out how to boot my windows machine from bootable iso same one you got except the Russian version 

7 minutes ago, markl18 said:

hi I ma trying my hardest to figure out how to boot my windows machine from bootable iso same one you got except the Russian version 

Actually in the installation when you get as far as 'Disk Utility' if you hit the 'Back Button' it will give you the Option to change Language. Another sure and easy way is before you start the installation, change this value in the config.plist for English as shown. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 23.37.58.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Actually in the installation when you get as far as 'Disk Utility' if you hit the 'Back Button' it will give you the Option to change Language. Another sure and easy way is before you start the installation, change this value in the config.plist for English as shown. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 23.37.58.png

I am trying to figure out how to identify iso file as something that emu can understand as in your emu script

It is quite easy - download PlistEdit Pro or use Xcode and open your config.plist with either one, edit the config.plist with the exact value as shown then save the change and the language will change from Russian to English during installation.

11 hours ago, Synapsis said:

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 \
    -M q35 \
    -m 6144\
    -enable-kvm\
    -cpu host \
    -smp 12,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=2 \
    -bios /usr/share/ovmf/x64/OVMF_CODE.fd \
    -device virtio-gpu \
    -display gtl,gl=on \
    -drive file=/dev/nvme0n1,format=raw,if=ide \
    -cdrom /Volumes/archive/iso/19628.1.1000_MULTI_X64_EN-US.ISO \
;

hi can you explain how to get the iso file to be recognized qemu that it should work booting into windows into msdos partiton

in my case using a Proxmox ISO installation  is mandatory to have a full working OSX  on TRX40 chip..but from this I can use happily all OS I want to use:

IMG_0679.jpg.bb11af453552c4d825fad99f089bfffc.jpg.b378a7fd534f45fa53cc75f1b916046e.jpg

In this case Catalina and HighSierra are separated passed OSX disk (via passthrough)
Windows OS is a VM file disk 

Quick question. How do I rearrange the entries in Boot Picker?

Currently, Windows is #1. I want to make it macOS.

I'm on OC 0.5.8.

TIA

UPDATE:

Not the exact answer to my question but I was able to achieve what i wanted. I was able to set the default entry by using CTRL + Enter key on the boot picker.

Edited by insanefrancis
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

For those of you who did set up the boot chime, do you still hear it with the latest changes of OC 0.5.9?

Trying to figure out why mine is not playing anymore. The resources are up to date. OC should be up to date (including AudioDxe.efi), the config seems to be properly set up. In fact I don't remember changing anything in there that could affect the boot sound. So...that should be fine, as well. Still...no sound.

Just curious if you guys have the same issue or if it's just me.

I will also try an older version I have laying around to see if it's something with OC 0.5.9 or...something else I might have missed/changed without realising it. But I just wanted to get your opinion on this. 

Cheers!

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi guys,

For those of you who did set up the boot chime, do you still hear it with the latest changes of OC 0.5.9?

Trying to figure out why mine is not playing anymore. The resources are up to date. OC should be up to date (including AudioDxe.efi), the config seems to be properly set up. In fact I don't remember changing anything in there that could affect the boot sound. So...that should be fine, as well. Still...no sound.

Just curious if you guys have the same issue or if it's just me.

I will also try an older version I have laying around to see if it's something with OC 0.5.9 or...something else I might have missed/changed without realising it. But I just wanted to get your opinion on this. 

Cheers!

Yea something in 0.5.9 borked the Chime, got it working in 0.5.8 followed all the steps in 0.5.8 but cannot implement it in OC 0.5.9, I am presently still trying to figure it out as to why.

• Like 1

Nope - Boot-Chime borked in OC 0.5.9 so until the OC Devs or some other offer a solution for us Mac Wannabes  :lol: that's it I am afraid. I even found a handy  little app instead of using Terminal to toggle it off/on (attached) still silence at boot.

Chime Enabler.zip

• Like 2

Can I make a suggestion? I'd like to discuss opencanopy more but would hate to clutter this forum with those questions. Can we make an opencanopy thread? Forgive me if there already is one since the search function doesn't work anymore. :)

18 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Can I make a suggestion? I'd like to discuss opencanopy more but would hate to clutter this forum with those questions. Can we make an opencanopy thread? Forgive me if there already is one since the search function doesn't work anymore. :)

I don't know but since Open-canopy is a side dish so to speak and still in development with a warning (unless that status has been changed) not to use as a daily driver, my take is, the OC Devs are concentrating more on the performance and stability of OC and then perhaps turn their attention to the frills and thrills flavour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Nope - Boot-Chime borked in OC 0.5.9 so until the OC Devs or some other offer a solution for us Mac Wannabes  :lol: that's it I am afraid. I even found a handy  little app instead of using Terminal to toggle it off/on (attached) still silence at boot.

Chime Enabler.zip

Ok, so...I'm confused. :))

The issue seems to be on AudioDxe side, not (necessarily) OpenCore. But...according to the AppleSupport git page, AppleSupport (I'm guessing that also includes AudioDxe) is now part of OpenCore. Which sounds great to me! Except it doesn't seem to work. Cause...if you try the latest OC without AudioDxe.efi...and assuming you don't forget to remove it from the config like I did, you still don't get any sound. So...I'm confused. Is it supposed to be removed from drivers & config? But if it is, then I'm guessing it's not yet properly implemented into OC itself? So that's why it's not working?

In the meantime, you can try the attached AudioDxe with the current version of OC and it should work just fine. At least as a workaround for now. :) 

AudioDxe.efi.zip

Just now, arsradu said:

Ok, so...I'm confused. :))

The issue seems to be on AudioDxe side, not (necessarily) OpenCore. But...according to the AppleSupport git page, AppleSupport (I'm guessing that also includes AudioDxe) is now part of OpenCore. Which sounds great to me! Except it doesn't seem to work. Cause...if you try the latest OC without AudioDxe.efi...and assuming you don't forget to remove it from the config like I did, you still don't get any sound. So...I'm confused. Is it supposed to be removed from drivers & config? But if it is, then I'm guessing it's not yet properly implemented into OC itself? So that's why it's not working?

In the meantime, you can try the attached AudioDxe with the current version of OC and it should work just fine. At least as a workaround for now. :) 

AudioDxe.efi.zip

Yes I also noted the change, tried it with the change and before, results still the same - No Chime :(

@arsradu even with your AudioDxe.efi driver still no good, If you have it working then I must be missing something but no biggie I am just trying to find something to break or destroy because of lock down boredom and Boot-Chime is the victim :hysterical:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

For us AudioDxe and OpenCore from master works just fine.

ok...that's good. But also strange. Cause that means there's probably something wrong with our builds.

So, just to clarify, with the latest commits, do we still need the AudioDxe.efi in Drivers and config? Or should it be removed from both places?

• Like 1

You do, there was no change in the audio logic since 0.5.8, except the reorganisation of the repository (AudioDxe was moved from AppleSupportPkg to OpenCorePkg). There was some small refactoring of AudioDxe, but it did not change anything for our setups. If you doubt it, you can of course use the driver from AppleSupportPkg release if you suspect anything can be wrong with it.

• Like 1

Just now, vit9696 said:

You do, there was no change in the audio logic since 0.5.8, except the reorganisation of the repository (AudioDxe was moved from AppleSupportPkg to OpenCorePkg). There was some small refactoring of AudioDxe, but it did not change anything for our setups. If you doubt it, you can of course use the driver from AppleSupportPkg release if you suspect anything can be wrong with it.

Thank you! :) I'll be testing a little more and come back with new results. I'm suspecting there's probably something wrong on my side. I just need to figure out what.

Once again, thank you very much for your fast reply!

@vit9696 I think I might have figured out the issue. Not sure if it's intended or not. And also, not sure why it didn't happen before, but I think the reason might actually be the drivers order/priority. So...config issues.

Previously, I had AudioDxe.efi followed by HFSPlus.efi. And...apparently in that configuration, it didn't work. But moving it to the last place (so AFTER HFSPlus) seems to work fine.

@eSaF if you could try this, as well, that would be awesome. :D 

829518858_Screenshot2020-05-19at20_37_48.png.f0dff114c7a61bfd8118a29162b0ade0.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

Crazy thing is that is exactly the order in which the drivers are in my config.plist, I have combed and crossed reference my config.plist to see if there any anomalies that I've missed and for the love of all things good I can see none and still no Chime at boot. Clutching at straws I've arranged the drivers in the drivers folder to suit the arrangement in the config.plist and still nothing. At this moment my brain is on overload so I will take a break and do a fresh OC compile tomorrow and start afresh because at the moment I can feel the heat coming off the grey matter. Thanks to you and vit9696 for the input, the problem is obviously at my end.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Crazy thing is that is exactly the order in which the drivers are in my config.plist, I have combed and crossed reference my config.plist to see if there any anomalies that I've missed and for the love of all things good I can see none and still no Chime at boot. Clutching at straws I've arranged the drivers in the drivers folder to suit the arrangement in the config.plist and still nothing. At this moment my brain is on overload so I will take a break and do a fresh OC compile tomorrow and start afresh because at the moment I can feel the heat coming off the grey matter. Thanks to you and vit9696 for the input, the problem is obviously at my end.

I know you're probably boiling on the inside right now. Believe me, I know the feeling! Also, I love your sense of humour! Also, there's no defeat until you've given up. Which, for as far as I can tell, you didn't. :) 

One thing I would recommend: don't mix and match stuff from multiple places (you're probably not, but just in case). Just compile using official sources, using the build_oc tool. Worked perfectly fine for me.

Then just make sure you replace everything that needs to be replaced/updated. Except for the Resources folder. Since, by default that's empty. So...even if your config was perfect, there would be nothing to play. :))

I'm just saying. And I hope you don't mind. I'm just saying, cause I know how frustrating it can be. :)) And as you can see, I'm probably the king of stupid mistakes. So...just saying. :) 

Also, this is my UEFI - Audio

1658216348_Screenshot2020-05-19at21_21_14.thumb.png.d0f35737e359434b91ea9e45dd1392f6.png

And NVRAM, in case you find something inspiring in there. :)) Yes, my volume is set way lower than in the docs.

1698367086_Screenshot2020-05-19at21_25_09.thumb.png.ed1fd0f8adb9e9c2927602ed410709d1.png

By the way, since we do build AudioDxe by default, maybe it would be a good idea to include OcBinaryData, as well...? Just an idea.

Edited by arsradu