OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tiem said:

There are many ways to do this. You can set this in OC directly. You can also set this in the BIOS. And of course in Windows using something like BOOTICE.

AllowSetDefault
Type: plist boolean
Failsafe: false
Description: Allow CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Index handling to set the default boot option in boot picker.

Sure man but this is maybe the recommended and most vanilla way.

"How to choose the default boot entry?

OpenCore uses the primary UEFI boot option to select the default entry. This choice can be altered from UEFI Setup, with the macOS Startup Disk preference, or the Windows Boot Camp Control Panel."

Edited by obus

9 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

Thanks, I've downloaded the 0.5.8 and yes, it's autoboot after 5 seconds. I've tested the booting time of the OC 0.5.8 and Clover 5113 on the same volume and OC = 36 sec and Clover 51 secs. Now, there's one thing that really bother me is that in the EFI folder, there are tons of text files from OC which eventually will fill up the EFI partition. How do I move the default folder or stop OC from reporting.

Thanks,

Louis 

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.02.42 AM.png

You're welcome.

RTFM...Section 8.4 of Configuration.pdf (your boot speed might increase a bit more as well).

You cannot change the folder.

@vit9696 Please correct me if I'm wrong, if I understood correctly, the purpose of adding the fake EC device in SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl is for AppleBusPowerController to load correctly so we have proper USB power property injection. I think it is not needed at least in Catalina, because ApplebusPowerController is now attached to IORessources instead of EC.

81060547-fb61fa00-8ed2-11ea-8515-f22374861dd3.png

Edited by Paksman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiem said:

There are many ways to do this. You can set this in OC directly. You can also set this in the BIOS. And of course in Windows using something like BOOTICE.

AllowSetDefault
Type: plist boolean
Failsafe: false
Description: Allow CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Index handling to set the default boot option in boot picker.

Hi! thanks for your response. I already did all these options but still booting in windows as first option.

From Windows I‘m able to modify the boot order or the default boot device (in this case the BOOTx64.efi from the EFI partition in the macOS disk), which is basically the same thing that I can do from BIOS Setup. That’s ok, but from the moment that OC boots the computer, the default OS that starts is Windows, no matter if I press Ctrl+Enter or select the macOS disk in Startup Disk.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, topolino1 said:

I can't hear the ringtone and I can't hear PickerAudioAssist.
I have normal sound in the system.

Your config could be wrong then, especially look at the audioout, look at configuration.pdf

12 minutes ago, topolino1 said:

I looked at configuration.pdf
I tried values 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And nothing.
What am I doing wrong. I don't know where to look.

Please help.

Is it onboard audio you are trying to make it work or..?Take into account that Hdmi or digital outputs are not supported (by AudioDXE).

Attach a copy of the config.plist too.

Edited by ghost8282

3 hours ago, obus said:

Sure man but this is maybe the recommended and most vanilla way.

There is no "most vanilla way", this sets the option the exact same way as Startup Disk of course, and it's also available on Macs

Two things:
- Do you realise that audio assistance is not yet implemented in OpenCanopy? 
- Does audio assistance work with the previous release of AudioDxe?

Yes, it work before. No problem.

I tried with picker built-in and no audio, ndk-bootpicker (latest commit), same no audio.

It's happened after latest commit of OpenCorePkg and AppleSupportPkg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Two things:

I just tried using my latest working AudioDxe.efi from AppleSupportPkg but with latest OpenCorePkg,, but still no audio. After reach OC GUI, i got the countdown time,,

With working audio then countdown time should be appeared after audio picker finish,, but currently not so it's not about wrong audio setup output.

Sorry for bad english

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

Two things:

It's my mistake, i have copied resource folder from OpenCorePkg, LOL.

I copy resource folder from OcBinaryData, and sound work again :)

Thank you :D

10 minutes ago, topolino1 said:

@Andres ZeroCross I have audio assistance on OC 0.5.8 in Intel Core i7 6700 | Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7.

Send me config, will I compare.

I have no the ringtone and I can't hear PickerAudioAssist on Gigabyte Z390M Gaming / OC 0.5.8.

Does anyone on this set have the ringtone and I can't hear PickerAudioAssist?

Thank you for the information and help.

Check your EFI/OC/Resource/Audio,, screenshot

3 hours ago, familygw said:

Hi! thanks for your response. I already did all these options but still booting in windows as first option.

From Windows I‘m able to modify the boot order or the default boot device (in this case the BOOTx64.efi from the EFI partition in the macOS disk), which is basically the same thing that I can do from BIOS Setup. That’s ok, but from the moment that OC boots the computer, the default OS that starts is Windows, no matter if I press Ctrl+Enter or select the macOS disk in Startup Disk.

Thanks!

Any clue?

On my system I have 2 EFI partitions, shall I move the OC folder to the Windows EFI partition?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, familygw said:

Thanks!

AdviseWindows. Without it, you'll always be fighting the WBM as it will always aggressively throw itself first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markl18 said:

hi I got this error what exactly does it mean it is from rebooter in in diagnostic mode

Untitled.jpg

Check the OC log file in the root of your EFI partition. It will detail the problem - most likely with your config.plist

2 hours ago, Tiem said:

AdviseWindows. Without it, you'll always be fighting the WBM as it will always aggressively throw itself first.

That simple check fixed my issue. Thanks @Tiem

There is a way to get HVEC working using SMBIOS iMac15,1? Or, better question: which is the best configuration for a Haswell i7 4790K, only dGPU or iGPU + dGPU?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, familygw said:

That simple check fixed my issue. Thanks @Tiem

There is a way to get HVEC working using SMBIOS iMac15,1? Or, better question: which is the best configuration for a Haswell i7 4790K, only dGPU or iGPU + dGPU?

Thanks!

Add your system to your signature. Way more likely to get help. Don’t have to write it in every post.

No idea about your rig. It’s a bit OT. Go ask in a thread that’s for your specific board.

• Like 1

After updating to 0.5.8 my Catalina Dynamic desktop has lines and spots on it.  Seems the graphics are screwed up a bit.  It is only on the Catalina Dynamic desktop though as all other desktops apps and web pages are good.  I used to have this issue with clover and was very happy when it disappeared with open core 0.5.7. 

Any thoughts of what could be the issue?  I have attached my config.plist and screen shot.

Thanks 

IMG_2013 2.JPG

Config.plist

Edited by bbritton
Noticed its only on Catalina Dynamic Desktop

hi does any body knows where are the resources for 0.5.9 yes it is out for couple of weeks now it is very different they apparently took a very different approach to devices there is a shell script that quires your devices and generates devices.plist that being used by the process a much smarter approach than everyone doing who knows what with their devices

6 DeviceProperties 6.1 Introduction

Device configuration is provided to macOS with a dedicated buffer, called EfiDevicePathPropertyDatabase. This buffer is a serialised map of DevicePaths to a map of property names and their values.

Property data can be debugged with gfxutil. To obtain current property data use the following command in macOS:

ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree -n efi -r -x | grep device-properties | sed 's/.*<//;s/>.*//' > /tmp/device-properties.hex &&
gfxutil /tmp/device-properties.hex /tmp/device-properties.plist && cat /tmp/device-properties.plist

6.2 Properties

Add
Type: plist dict
Description: Sets device properties from a map (plist dict) of deivce paths to a map (plist dict) of variable names and their values in plist metadata format. Device paths must be provided in canonic string format (e.g. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)). Properties will only be set if not present and not blocked.

Note: Currently properties may only be (formerly) added by the original driver, so unless a separate driver was installed, there is no reason to block the variables.

Block
Type: plist dict
Description: Removes device properties from a map (plist dict) of deivce paths to an array (plist array) of variable names in plist string format.

Edited by markl18
  • Confused 2