OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, topolino1 said:

Hi @Andrey1970 

Is this information bad in my debug journal?

08:173 00:011 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\Apple.icns old:0 icon:1 - Not Found
08:182 00:008 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\Other.icns old:0 icon:1 - Not Found
08:185 00:003 OCUI: Failed to load image (2/2) Resources\Image\ExtTool.icns old:0 icon:1 - Not Found
08:187 00:002 OCUI: Failed to load image (1/2) Resources\Image\ResetNVRAM.icns old:0 icon:1 - Not Found
08:191 00:003 OCUI: Failed to load image (2/2) Resources\Image\ExtShell.icns old:0 icon:1 - Not Found

It is normal. These icons aren't present in the Resources\Image folder.

These icons aren't obligatory.
You can make these icons, or not do.

6 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

It is normal. These icons aren't present in the Resources\Image folder.

These icons aren't obligatory.
You can make these icons, or not do.

I get that warning too.

What are the purpose of each of those 5 icons ?

That is, under what cases are they used/displayed ?

On 4/29/2020 at 3:40 AM, el_charlie said:

Can you help me with my Sandy Bridge Laptop?

I currently have 0.5.8 on my P55 chipset desktop (Legacy mode) and works amazing. However I can't make it work on my Asus U46E Laptop (UEFI).

I can install macOS with Clover just fine, but I get graphic glitches and freezes all over. On latest OC versions I saw the ReservedMemory section and includes a fix for HD3000.

The problem is that the laptop reboots as soon the kernel is loaded (as seen in the log). By tweakig the Quirks of the Booter section, I can even manage to not reboot but instead I get a Kernel Panic (Unaligned frame) but I don't get what causes it.

Attached is my config. The DSDT is working fine form Clover.

config.plist

I slightly corrected your config. Using it, I booted onto Asus N53sv, OS x10.13.6,OC-0.5.8. Try it ....Archive.zip

7 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Read Configuration.pdf

I read the Configuration pdf.

It says "Predefined icons are put to \EFI\OC\Resources\Image directory. Full list of supported icons (in .icns format) is provided below. Missing optional icons will use the closest available icon. External entries will use Ext-prefixed icon if available (e.g. OldExtHardDrive.icns)."

If it was obvious, I would not ask the questions.

It does not answer the question I asked - that's specific to those 5 warning messages in the Log file.

If I made those 5 icons, what will OpenCanopy associate those icons with ?

E.g., if I made Apple.icns, will OpenCanopy apply that icon to ALL macOS bootable file systems it finds ?

E.g., if I had .VolumeIcon.icns on a drive AND there was an Apple.icns in OC/Resources/Image folder, which icon take precedence ?

18 hours ago, bronxteck said:

sorry topolino1 i do not know how to correct that. apple does not have nvidia or optimus support.

I managed to fix the problem. The card was not actually off because i messed up inserting the correct acpi path to my nvidia card.

Was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to use Opencore on a real mac such as a Macbook Pro and load an updated nvme efi driver to solve the hibernation issue with 3rd party nvme drives? That is instead of flashing the rom with the fixed nvme ffs file convert it to an efi and load it inside opencore...

Anyhow change of subject .. Why would anyone want to dual boot Clover with Opencore?? Talk about nvram corruption issues! With some tinkering you can get Opencore to boot Windows no problem. Even still theres the NDK version out there..

Thanks

4 hours ago, MacNB said:

E.g., if I made Apple.icns, will OpenCanopy apply that icon to ALL macOS bootable file systems it finds ?

Yes. 

If Apple.icns is absent, then HardDrive.icns is used.

4 hours ago, MacNB said:

E.g., if I had .VolumeIcon.icns on a drive AND there was an Apple.icns in OC/Resources/Image folder, which icon take precedence ?

.VolumeIcon.icns

10 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Yes. 

If Apple.icns is absent, then HardDrive.icns is used.

.VolumeIcon.icns

Thank you. 

It would be worth adding that explanation to the Configuration pdf

On 5/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, ltooz_audis said:

OK, I finally got the OpenCore to dual boot with Clover for Catalina 15.4+ and Windows

Cheers,

Louis

Hmmm. Why would you want to boot Into OpenCore, then into Clover to boot Windows ????

Is this just to show that it can be done (for fun) ?

I have Catalina on one drive (that also has OC) and I have another drive with Windows & Mojave (with Clover which is not used anymore -except for emergency).

...and I can boot Windows from OC directly.

Touch wood, Windows is still activated.

BTW, I had copied Windows System UUID and used it for macOS System UUID as well.

I then ran HwInfo app in Windows to find out what info it had about my Windows now.

This is what I find:

win-computer.thumb.png.bb3a6d5618f335397a20abdf90c8dc6a.png

win-motherboard.thumb.png.93f444742229f950b9acb6ab378a3e09.png

win-system.thumb.png.5962f14518eaa40c9ba8c825576ca65c.png

win-enclosure.thumb.png.f56eb08a058bb9817cc2fe8f824dad63.png

The only strange thing is HwInfo thinks that the Case Type is a LapTop for an iMacPro.

Not sure if OpenCore is passing this or if the App is defaulting to laptop because no info was passed by OpenCore.

Note: If you set PlatformInfo->Generic->SpoofVendor=No then the all references to Acidanthera will be replaced with Apple BIOS SMBIOS data in the above screenshots (e.g. GIGABYTE in my case).

Edited by MacNB
correction

I've bluetooth problems. Everything else in 10.15.4 w/ Opencore 0.5.7 is working fine with my combo wifi card BCM4352  but I can't find the problem why bluetooth (0x0489:0xE07A) is detected 'System Info', under HS07 in hackintool and IOregistryExplorer but bluetooth icon never appear.

I'm using 3 brcmpatch files with injector kexts 2.5.0 and last version, seems in system logs that the fw is uploaded but bluetooth does not work. I've tried vanilla version mojave & catalina.

What's wrong? Anyone could help me please? Thank you.

Attached my OC_EFI.

opencore-20200501T161857Z-001.zip

Edited by naoatsu

37 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Therefore so in real iMacPro1,1.

15241210_2020-05-0120_15_02.png.08e5bb10e11b96b74f51202d5d756132.png

Wow that's pretty sloppy of Apple !

Thanks for the info.

It's only cosmetic but I guess I can overwrite that by setting PlatformInfo->SMBIOS->ChassisType to a number equal to Desktop ?

2 hours ago, RandomDSdevel said:

I noticed that the available VirtualSMC release downloads don't include the `VirtualSMC.efi` driver.  It's easy enough to fetch from its location in the repository, but shouldn't it be included?  

You haven't needed it since a while. In configuration.pdf it is written like this.

3 hours ago, topolino1 said:

You haven't needed it since a while. In configuration.pdf it is written like this.

What if you're using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, and with Clover?  (Or should I ask over in the Clover sub-forum?)  (Edit:  Now I have.)  

Edited by RandomDSdevel

46 minutes ago, ltooz_audis said:

Opencore doesn't show Catalina installation partition on the second boot? There's no option to pick?

No need to pick "Instal.." as its automatic if configured.

Working NVRAM ?

Did you set following Quirks: ?

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarFallback=True 

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting=True 

See Configuration.pdf Section 11.12

I have a really big problem with screen flickering black every so often with Haswell HD4400 and HD4600 laptops. The Clover patches work perfectly but I don't know how to patch the OC since it's different, please help me patching these 2:

and the other thing is how to set the timeout 5 seconds to boot to Catalina with open canopy graphics.

Thanks,
Louis

flickerpatch.png

9 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

I have a really big problem with screen flickering black every so often with Haswell HD4400 and HD4600 laptops. The Clover patches work perfectly but I don't know how to patch the OC since it's different, please help me patching these 2:

and the other thing is how to set the timeout 5 seconds to boot to Catalina with open canopy graphics.

Thanks,
Louis

flickerpatch.png

Those patches will not work because you have not specified in the Identifier field which binary this patch applies to (e.g. driver, kernel, etc).

You have to look at your Clover patches (which you did not post here) and use them as the basis for OC patch.

Besides, if you use Whatevergreen kext, those patches you are trying should not be necessary.

If you want timeout on the boot picker to work, you have to build the latest version of OC 0.5.8.

If you do, be warned that the certain fields on the Config files have changed to reflect the changes in the OC features.

You have to read the Differences.pdf file to find what has changed and look at the new Samples.plist file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, davidm71 said:

Are you on 15.4? If so was wondering if you would do me a favor and run the  'CONSOLE' app and check its crash reports and see if you see any mention of your video card at being at fault? I'm having a similar issue and narrowed it down to the drivers for my 5700 XT.

Thanks

Totally missed this response somehow, sorry for the delay...

I don't get _anything_ in console when I freeze. Really wish i did because though because I'm out of ideas.

I am successfully running opencore on my rig but I didn't create the EFI, got it from Pastrychef over at TM. I am a real noob when it comes to Opencore and the documentation is hard for me to follow. My question is, if I want to remove kexts, how do I do this? I know where the kexts are in EFI/OC/Kexts - so I can remove from there but do I also need to update my config.plist? Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to do?

Edited by crawfyp1