OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

You need to put the icon on the volume your bootloader is. For Windows the bootloader is on ESP volume, so you need to put the icon to EFI partition of your Windows installation.

Ah I see. Thx. That fixed it:

IMG_1712.thumb.jpg.c0493561801d63454770e4b65f778888.jpg

Whether the latest submitted compiled OpenCorePkg exists using OpenCanopy.efi cannot display the BlessOverride ____ \ EFI \ Microsoft \ Boot \ bootmgfw.efi boot entry. I am currently having problems? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

256453115_2020-04-248_23_49.thumb.png.a26a5a143c2ead6bf3a30c4e3d0f1bdd.png

Edited by lanzaozijun

5 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Provide kernel panic with debug AirportBrcmFixup and Lilu versions.

how to get debug log of airbrcmfixup lilu on opencore

i put  debug version of AirBrcmfixup and lilu to kext folder

and put into config -brcmfxdbg -liludbg but i couldn't get debug file

11 minutes ago, markl18 said:

hi when I tried to rebuild my kextcach this is what happens kextcach -i /

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7f94b9d07950 [0x7fff85fdf900]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7f94b9e09d60 [0x7fff85fdf900]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

kxld[as.vit9696.VirtualSMC]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[as.vit9696.VirtualSMC]: BaseDeviceInfo::get()

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for as.vit9696.VirtualSMC; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Can't use /Library/Extensions/VirtualSMC.kext - not linked.

Prelink failed for ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager; omitting from prelinked kernel.

KernelCache ID: 6407DF489B6C02A62D56F2E41673B5D2

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd27296afa0 [0x7fff85fdf900]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }

what am I doing wrong

Just my opinion, There are two solutions to avoid this error:

• from Recovery Partition in Terminal: kextcache -i /Volumes/YOUR_VOLUME_NAME
  • from Hackintool.app
Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lanzaozijun said:

Whether the latest submitted compiled OpenCorePkg exists using OpenCanopy.efi cannot display the BlessOverride ____ \ EFI \ Microsoft \ Boot \ bootmgfw.efi boot entry. I am currently having problems? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

256453115_2020-04-248_23_49.thumb.png.a26a5a143c2ead6bf3a30c4e3d0f1bdd.png

i have also this issue 

this issue is not related of openCanopy

when i compiled with latest commit changes  and add Bootprotect to config to None then completely disappear my windows partition from boot Menu

this is behavior of bootstrap.efi and bootprotect

@vit9696 are we missing something else?

3 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Please have a look at the configuration.pdf

It's very well written and obviously there's is the part describing kext injection.

are you talking about propertree I only use that it is the only way to add all of those kexts and efi files who can keep track of them

7 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Same kexts in both folders?Exaplain..

You can put your kexts in OC/kexts folder only.

when I use hackintool to install kexts I think it makes copies in /L/E and then does touch on them or something to cause kext update based upon my megare knowledge of things I could be wrong are you telling me that I should keep my /L/E clear

4 minutes ago, markl18 said:

are you telling me that I should keep my /L/E clear

I prefer so..to only keep my kexts in OC/kexts.

By doing so, I'm able to have audio/video output also in recovery.

Make sure to use the latest version of the kexts and take into account that most of your kexts require lilu, which must be loaded first.

Edited by ghost8282

I have a Gigabyte Z97-UD3H-BK with i5 3.5 Hz, 32 GB memory and Radeon RXVega 56 8 GB graphics.  I have a number of dedicated HDs, one drive on which I have 10.15.4 booting with Clover 5108 and another drive on which I have installed OpenCore.  Except for having to replace my Nvidia card with the Radeon to run 10.15, the Clover drive is fully functional, except for being locked out of iMessage, and has been rock stable for 3 years through the various OS updates.

Last week I thought I'd try OpenCore so I installed it on another drive.  The install went very smoothly, thanks to the Developer community.  As initially for my Clover setup I was unable to access the USB 3 ports so have been trying to set them up for the last week, unsuccessfully.  I think I may have finally found my problem but I'm unable to find a solution.  Booting with Clover I have native NVRAM but booting with OpenCore I do not.  In other words running sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld in terminal, rebooting and then running sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar' results in HelloWorld in Clover and nothing in OpenCore.  I also ran OpenCore configuration and received the message "The bootloader looks like it is not installed or your NVRAM isn't native".

I also have another anomaly that I suspect may be linked to my NVRAM problem.  In the NVRAM section of my congfig.plist, the values specified in boot-args and csr-active-config settings are not being implemented on startup.  It does not bootup in verbose mode and I cannot disable SIP (I have tried E7030000, 0x3E7, and 0X67).

I have attached my config.plist file.  

I appreciate any suggestions the community may have to resolve my problem.

Thanks.

config.plist

On 4/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, ghost8282 said:

I prefer so..to only keep my kexts in OC/kexts.

By doing so, I'm able to have audio/video output also in recovery.

Make sure to use the latest version of the kexts and take into account that most of your kexts require lilu, which must be loaded first.

can you tell me why am I getting kp this is the direct quote from the screen 

notice - new kext com.appleusbhostplatformproperties v 1.2 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables have same uuid also

why is my download file keeps on shrinking? am I supposed to go and delete all those previously included files to resolve this that I did and magicly I was able to upload this file

Edited by markl18
needed the space

You need to clean your L/E folder from kexts, put them in OC/kexts, adjust the config.plist to inject the kexts, rebuild the cache with "sudo kextcache -i /"

Second part of your sentence is incomprehensible, at least for me.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lvs1974 said:

Everything is OK in your log, please report in case you observe kernel panic with AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.7.

Release kext will be available in May, on acidanthera site.

i compiled with latest commit bump version AirBrcmFixup 2.0.7 and Lilu 1.4.4

i m seeing ok now if i face kernel panic then report back to you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markl18 said:

can you tell me why am I getting kp this is the direct quote from the screen 

notice - new kext com.appleusbhostplatformproperties v 1.2 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables have same uuid also

why is my download file keeps on shrinking? am I supposed to go and delete all those previously included files to resolve this that I did and magicly I was able to upload this file

IMG-1406.jpg

This is a probelm of igpu or dgpu not properly confgured, you need to attach some more info (logs, specs, efi, etc), we cannot predict the future, nor reading your mind.

Btw, this is not a kernel panic.

Edited by ghost8282

5 minutes ago, markl18 said:

hi here system.log the first one in there is fot oc the second for clover which is succeds 

so just for yourself

Again you are missing a lot of information.

Imagine to be one of us, how can we be of any help for you if you don't provide oc logs, opencore config, oc efi folder, you system specs, ioreg tree?

You said you can boot with clover, so why not attaching also your clover config?