OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

Sorry but you really need to read your own posts.

You first wrote "Will not work if ScanPolicy set to 0." So first of all your ARE talking about ScanPolicy and what you quoted was incorrect.

Regarding OpenCanopy, do NOT change the subject to HideAuxiialiary which was NEVER mentioned by me or by @anmool. He asked about ExternalGUI and Space button to hide/unhide partitions and that's why I mentioned OpenCanopy.

Then, to say "there is no solution this" is not correct. I mentioned the solution. Do not say it is not a solution without verifying.

You did not read his posts correctly (which was not even directed to you but to one of the Devs), but you jumped in and gave wrong advice. 

Please read people's post first and if English is not your first language then read it again to make sure you understand correctly and if you don't understand, then don't make a comment - certainly do not to give advice you do not know for sure.

I dont want to argue with you but you have no idea what you're talking about. He is talking about HideAuxiliary feature here;

So he confirmed my answer here; Why

If ScanPolicy is set to 0, the HideAuxiliary feature will lose its function. And he thought this feature works like Clover. But it is not so. This feature performs only the function of showing, not hiding. And there is no solution for this.

And you must read the guide first before writing;

1154477665_ScreenShot2020-04-22at03_06_26.png.86a4b4ab0c5edea7c4795ad43fbf174a.png

And this is not related with the OpenCanopy.

Extra note for you;

There is no other feature that you can use Spacebar in OpenCore.

Now you have learned what @anmool is talking about and why I gave him that answer.

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

Try setting the default boot drive from System Preferences using Startup Disk.

29 minutes ago, telepati said:

I dont want to argue with you but you have no idea what you're talking about. He is talking about HideAuxiliary feature here;

So he confirmed my answer here;

And you must read the guide first before writing;

1154477665_ScreenShot2020-04-22at03_06_26.png.86a4b4ab0c5edea7c4795ad43fbf174a.png

And this is not related with the OpenCanopy.

Extra note for you;

There is no other feature that you can use Spacebar in OpenCore.

Now you have learned what @anmool is talking about and why I gave him that answer.

please don't argue with each other 

first of all i have two issue 

First i talking about AllowSetDefault=true clt+enter is not selecting default partition with External GUI using OcBinaryData Resources  i know guys that is working with PickerMode to Builtin  just issue with External GUI i hope that both of you will be understand

Second i talking about HideAuxiliary=true this also not working with External GUI using spacebar

i tried the default boot drive from System Preferences 

but i m facing issue nvram tool was unable to set a preference

1671483794_ScreenShot2020-04-22at3_33_31AM.png.59332b468bd13e6266b7e576fd866d37.png

sorry for my weak english because english is not my native langauge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anmool said:

please don't argue with each other 

first of all i have two issue 

First i talking about AllowSetDefault=true clt+enter is not selecting default partition with External GUI using OcBinaryData Resources  i know guys that is working with PickerMode to Builtin  just issue with External GUI i hope that both of you will be understand

Second i talking about HideAuxiliary=true this also not working with External GUI using spacebar 

i tried the default boot drive from System Preferences 

but i m facing issue nvram tool was unable to set a preference

1671483794_ScreenShot2020-04-22at3_33_31AM.png.59332b468bd13e6266b7e576fd866d37.png

sorry for my weak english because english is not my native langauge

No, HideAuxiliuary working on External GUI which I am using without any problem. But if you set ScanPolicy 0 it will not work as I said to you before. I am using my Hackintosh like real mac behavior. If I want to reach my drive while booting I am just hold down the Opt key. And I am seeing my External GUI and my default drive. Then pressing the Spacebar shows my hidden drivers and tools, and my default driver is still selected. But when you set ScanPolicy to 0, you will see all your hidden drivers, but HideAuxiliray will be disabled automatically even if you set YES. Because there are no drivers to show. All of them are already visible.

I also had asked the developer this hide back option a long time ago. And the answer I got was that they didn't think of anything like this.

For the picture try CleanNVRAM.

Edited by telepati

8 hours ago, Pavo said:

But I keep up-to-date with current changes being made to the "master" branch of OC. You don't have to be part of the "click" or a "OC developer" to know what commits are being made.

But you should be an OC dev to be called an OC dev in a public post, especially if it's a personal negative reception. We had the case before that we were called "derogatory facists", and the first name when dropped (later magically corrected) upon request who they meant was someone we never even spoke to at all. I don't want to hear such nonsense in public, end of topic.

3 hours ago, telepati said:

No, HideAuxiliuary working on External GUI which I am using without any problem. But if you set ScanPolicy 0 it will not work as I said to you before. I am using my Hackintosh like real mac behavior. If I want to reach my drive while booting I am just hold down the Opt key. And I am seeing my External GUI and my default drive. Then pressing the Spacebar shows my hidden drivers and tools, and my default driver is still selected. But when you set ScanPolicy to 0, you will see all your hidden drivers, but HideAuxiliray will be disabled automatically even if you set YES. Because there are no drivers to show. All of them are already visible.

I also had asked the developer this hide back option a long time ago. And the answer I got was that they didn't think of anything like this.

For the picture try CleanNVRAM.

i tried many time scanpolicy set to 70189315 no luck same behavoir 

writetoflash=true is working startup disk from system preference and selected default drive worked but startup boot sound didn't work with writetoflash=true

2 hours ago, anmool said:

i tried many time scanpolicy set to 70189315 no luck same behavoir 

writetoflash=true is working startup disk from system preference and selected default drive worked but startup boot sound didn't work with writetoflash=true

Use default ScanPolicy this is best;

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>983299</integer>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telepati said:

Use default ScanPolicy this is best;

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>983299</integer>

i already used this decimal number 983299 no luck

i think you are using original apple keyboard that is why  you have working 

10 minutes ago, anmool said:

i already used this decimal number 983299 no luck

i think you are using original apple keyboard that is why  you have working 

Yes, I have an Apple keyboard and magic mouse but I know the people using this option without any problem with other keyboards.

Here are the settings I used;

Screen-Shot-2020-04-22-at-11-43-38-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-04-22-at-11-43-51-AM.pn

1 hour ago, anmool said:

i have same config only showPicker=true please provide me your config.plist 

i will test and report back

BTW, if Opt/Alt dont work for you use ESCAPE key.

Are you using Builtin KeySupport? If you use Builtin KeySupport and this keys not work for you, use OpenUsbKbDxe.efi which I am using this efi cause Builtin KeySupport doesnt work for me.

But dont forget when you using this .efi you must set KeySupport NO.

config 0.5.7.plist

Edited by telepati

• ScanPolicy has nothing to do HideAuxiliary, they are unrelated. A non-zero ScanPolicy can remove entries from being added to the list of potential boot entries, and they cannot be added back anyhow. This is a security feature.
  • HideAuxiliary allows you to hide "advanced" or "auxiliary" entries. I.e. entries not needed for normal functioning of the OS. Such entries are recovery, or manually hidden tools (like UEFI Shell).
  • Spacebar is used as a key to enter "advanced" menu, where all the auxiliary entries are shown. Once you entered the advanced mode, you indeed cannot leave it.
  • All the above works fine in both builtin UI and OpenCanopy, yet Ctrl+Enter is indeed not yet implemented in OpenCanopy. If more developers start to contribute quality patches, it would have become easier.

Hope this makes things clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

On 4/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, telepati said:

Will not work if ScanPolicy set to 0. 

You stand corrected by the Vit.

Don't worry about apologising for spreading misinformation.

Your posts will be taken with a pinch salt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacNB said:

You stand corrected by the Vit.

Don't worry about apologising for spreading misinformation.

Your posts will be taken with a pinch salt. 

I won't say anything to you anymore because you have reading difficulties. Because anmool wants to use Spacebar. If you want to use the spacebar, you cannot set ScanPolicy to 0. That's it. And there is no spreading misinformation here.

If someone shows that he can use SpaceBar when ScanPolicy is set to 0, then you can get apologize.

Edited by telepati
  • Confused 1

I've just extracted all the ACPI files from the GIGABTE X299 DESIGNARE EX board UEFI rom, and found a tones of SSDT's and 2 DSDTs as well. I say that because of a lot of X299 users have Devices renaming issue, where the first DSDT become as secondary one, and instead the second DSDT here become the main one.

So the board have two LPCs and one Embedded Controller that handle both of them:

LPCB that communicate with (H_EC)

LPC0 that communicate with (LPCB), because i can't see any pointing to Device H_EC from the LPC0.

And the NVME are pointing to the SB.PC00.SAT0 while SATA is pointing to the SB_PCI0.SAT0

And the Thunderbolt are pointing to the SB.PCI0: RP05.PXSX, GLAN, XHC, HDAS and SAT0

CLOVER can't dump the two DSDTs and many many other SSDTs because it counts more than 30 SSDTs as well, I'm only speaking of Secondary Sys Description Tables.

This is maybe helpful for some and not for some others.

My recent knowledge ends up with this conclusion: the main DSDT which is the second one is a bridge of the First DSDT which is the secondary one

.1612514147_ACPIALL.thumb.png.2eccd0da2896976b9534853e17d93d0d.png       970198296_ECDevice.thumb.png.1055330e3abb9aecae1fae77d7b70eac.png

If you compare this garbage with APPLE iMac Pro X299 ACPI tables, you'l end up with APPLE are doing a best job. This is only from my recent point of view.

Edited by ammoune78

Also if you look at the asl compiler version of both the DSDT-1 and DSDT-2, there's a difference, which here means that the DSDT-2 which is the Main one have an old compiler version compared to the DSDT-1 which is the secondary one. 

11 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

I've just extracted all the ACPI files from the GIGABTE X299 DESIGNARE EX board UEFI rom, and found a tones of SSDT's and 2 DSDTs as well. I say that because of a lot of X299 users have Devices renaming issue, where the first DSDT become as secondary one, and instead the second DSDT here become the main one.

In a firmware crude tables. Don't use them.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

You write nonsense!

1839892876_2020-04-2216_20_17.png.aabc2f503c21d97936ed8169c51ab43f.png

22131821.thumb.png.af2912900aa48569445d474f5994e78e.png

I press space.

22131825.thumb.png.0a74c3ceeda7b1b1ed1846f340572428.png

You are right and I apologize to everyone about this. Actually, what I wanted to explain was that when Timeout and ScanPolicy were set to 0, we could not use Spacebar. To access the entries, we reached with the Alt / Opt or Escape button, and then to show the hidden entries using the Spacebar.

@MacNB Specially apologize from you for misunderstanding.

Edited by telepati

1 minute ago, Andrey1970 said:

In a firmware crude tables. Don't use them.

Yeah but they screws up all the patches needed, they do a pretty much complicated bad damn work these manufacturers.:hammer:  , but good that we have our mind to unscrew what they screw :D .

5 minutes ago, telepati said:

You are right and I apologize to everyone about this. Actually, what I wanted to explain was that when Timeout and ScanPolicy were set to 0, we could not use Spacebar. To access the entries, we reached with the Alt / Opt or Escape button, and then to show the hidden entries using the Spacebar.

You again write nonsense. The Timeout and ScanPolicy has no relation to it. The Picker won't be shown only if ShowPicker=No

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

I press space.

22131825.thumb.png.0a74c3ceeda7b1b1ed1846f340572428.png

Thx Andrey for confirming the function.

On your system, when you press the Spacebar to see the screenshot above, what happens if you press the Spacebar a SECOND time ?

On my system, there's a total hang/crash and I can only Power Off.

I was expecting OpenCanopy to do nothing on second press of the Spacebar.

it seems I can't get anybody interested in doing some work for touch screen here is a asl file

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "SaSsd", "SaSsdt", 0x00003000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.GFX0, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0)
    {
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            Local0 = Package (0x04)
                {
                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D                           // ..".
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                }
            DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
            Return (Local0)
        }
    }

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If ((Arg0 == ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
        {
            If ((Arg1 == One))
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Arg4 = Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                             // .
                        }
                    Return (One)
                }

If ((Arg2 == One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Arg4 = Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                             // .
            }
        Return (Zero)
    }
}

doesn't do anything

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "I2C", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.GPI0, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.GPI0)
    {
    }
}

and including all of these kext neiter VoodooI2CHID.kext VoodooI2C.kext

does any one have a clue and @Andrey1970 doesnt seem to care maybe because I am not from moscow but from lvov don't know

also my sound doesnt work but video is not what I would call stelar 

maybe the device numbers are wrong 

<key>DeviceProperties</key>

<dict>

<key>Add</key>

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>layout-id</key>

<data>ABsAAA==</data>

001B0000

</dict>