OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, SavageAUS said:

For my laptop im unable to get CPU low power mode. I am using SSDT-PLUG

1.2Ghz seems to be as long as it wants to go when it should go down to 800Mhz?

Lid sleep also is not working.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.13.05 pm.png

config.plist

1346393084_ScreenShot2020-04-21at3_16_07pm.png.14b50793a341d6c1b250ef2a516dc9f0.png

MacBook Pro.zip

This is pretty important, hence the bump. CPU power management doesnt seem to work correctly nor does lid sleep which i hope is corrected when cpu pm is sorted.

Do i need HWP?

Edited by SavageAUS

4 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

made some changes. Simply confirm that the mbp13,1 installation works.

Yes, I confirm. I am now able to select the APFS volume for installation with the OpenCore debug package you provided and smbios MacBookPro13,1; earlier it did not allow me to select the APFS volume.

I did not however continued with the installation as I had already upgraded my installation with the workaround (using smbios MacBookPro14,1).

Many thanks for your help. 

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

This is pretty important, hence the bump. CPU power management doesnt seem to work correctly nor does lid sleep which i hope is corrected when cpu pm is sorted.

Do i need HWP?

Mine doesn't go past down 1.2GHz as well. I asked this question I think a year ago and was informed that it is how new Macs behave. I can't remember which macOS version was giving me 800MHz idle before and which version started the 1.2GHz idle.

I'll try to find the post.

Edited by insanefrancis

6 hours ago, anmool said:

Hi Andrey 1970 

i have issue 

AllowSetDefault=true do not work with External GUI when i reache gui it is not select default partition and also not work hide unhide partition using space button

please help me 

i attached config with latest commit changes

config.plist

Will not work if ScanPolicy set to 0. Also, this feature does not work as show/hide like in Clover. Only shows, does not hide back again.

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, gorans said:

Hi guys,

I made the transition from ozmosis to OC without big problems and I'm now successfully booting Mojave with OC 0.5.7 and it's working great.

However, there are some concerns and problems that I would like to address:

• I have second SATA HD (APFS) that doesn't mount on boot. I can mount it with Disk Utility and it checks good. How to fix?

• My hack wakes every 2 hours with DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] due to RTC/Maintenance. I know that's connected with WOL, and I need WOL, but it was working great on Oz and high sierra with darkwake=0. Powernap is disabled and I'm using iMac 14,2 bios.

• There are errors in the log that I don't know how to fix  or how serious they are:

(Lilu) VirtualSMC     efend: @ authenticated restart support is unavailable (800000000000000E, 8)
(Lilu) SMCProcessor      scpu: @ failed to get system model
(IONVMeFamily) <IONVMeFamily`IONVMeDebugAssert> AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data )
(IOStorageFamily) <IOStorageFamily`dkreadwritecompletion(void*, void*, int, unsigned long long)> disk1s1: device is not readable.
(HFS) <HFS`hfs_mountfs> hfs_mountfs: buf_meta_bread failed with 13
(HFS) <HFS`hfs_mount> hfs_mount: hfs_mountfs returned error=13 for device unknown-dev
hfs_mountroot failed: 13
(pmtelemetry) <pmtelemetry`com_apple_driver_pmtelemetry::_pch_init()> Unsupported CPU

• There are also thousands of (IOAudioFamily) messages and a lot of (AppleHDA).

• And thousands of (Sandbox) <Sandbox`kernel_report> repeated messages like:

(Sandbox) <Sandbox`kernel_report> Sandbox: secd(322) deny(1) mach-lookup com.apple.lsd.modifydb
(Sandbox) <Sandbox`kernel_report> Sandbox: rapportd(344) deny(1) mach-lookup com.apple.lsd.modifydb
(Sandbox) <Sandbox`syscall_extension_consume> syscall_extension_consume failed: 22

Update:
Disk not mounting solved by cleaning /etc/fstab. Now working great.

Waking up every 2 hours (hopefully) solved with sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist ProgramArguments -array-add -DisableSleepProxyClient with SIP disabled, and darkwake=256. I think darkwake=0 would also worked. Without darkwake my hack wakes to black screen on WOL.

What remains are those errors in log that I already mentioned:
- (Lilu) VirtualSMC     efend: @ authenticated restart support is unavailable (800000000000000E, 8)

- (Lilu) SMCProcessor      scpu: @ failed to get system model

- (AppleACPIPlatform) <AppleACPIPlatform`newObjectFromACPIObject(acpi_object const*)> ACPI: cannot translate ACPI object 14

- (IONVMeFamily) <IONVMeFamily`IONVMeDebugAssert> AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data )

- (pmtelemetry) <pmtelemetry`com_apple_driver_pmtelemetry::_pch_init()> Unsupported CPU

- (pmtelemetry) <pmtelemetry`com_apple_driver_pm_pch_reporter::setup(com_apple_driver_pmtelemetry*, IOReportLegend*)> Unsupported PCH

- (AppleMobileFileIntegrity) <AppleMobileFileIntegrity`AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam> AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable

and buttload of (IOAudioFamily) and (Sandbox) messages.

System itself is stable. Booting from pcie ssd (1600/1600) takes about a minute and I think it should be faster.

Best regards,

Edited by gorans

Got this error when building OC with "macbuild.tool":

OK
Building...
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for X64 in DEBUG with XCODE5...
. - OK
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for X64 in RELEASE with XCODE5...
. - OK
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for X64 in NOOPT with XCODE5...
. - OK
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for IA32 in DEBUG with XCODE5...
. - OK
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for IA32 in RELEASE with XCODE5...
. - OK
Building OpenCorePkg/OpenCorePkg.dsc for IA32 in NOOPT with XCODE5...
. - OK
/Users/md/Documents/GitHub/OpenCorePkg/macbuild.tool: line 350: 21615 Terminated: 15          pingme $! build "$@"  (wd: ~/Documents/GitHub/OpenCorePkg/UDK)
Packaging...

Sorry, but that scipt has only 98 lines, so how can there be an error in line 350 ???

• Confused 1

Hi,

Was told that afpsdriverloader.efi was incorporated into Opencore.efi in another thread.  So I removed the efi driver, installed OS X, and wouldn’t you know it there was no afps partition detected until I added the efi driver back. Have been google searching for hours looking for an answer but can’t find much written about this. Someone care to comment?

Thank you

Edited by davidm71

20 minutes ago, davidm71 said:

Hi,

Was told that afpsdriverloader.efi was incorporated into Opencore.efi in another thread and disparaged by one of the developers for not knowing. So I removed the efi driver, installed OS X, and wouldn’t you know it there was no afps partition detected until I added the efi driver back. Have been google searching for hours looking for an answer but can’t find much written about this. Someone care to comment?

Thank you

afpsdriverloader.efi was incorporated into OpenCore 0.5.8 Beta only. Take a look in Differences.pdf and Sample.plist in GitHub repo, there are some modifications in config.plist.

• Thanks 1

@davidm71

if you use OC 0.5.8 nightly build, you should have to add the following eintries in your config.plist under UEFI:

<key>APFS</key>
		<dict>
			<key>EnableJumpstart</key>
			<true/>
			<key>HideVerbose</key>
			<true/>
			<key>JumpstartHotPlug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>MinDate</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>MinVersion</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>

than it should work for you. If you are still on OC 0.5.7 you need APFS driver to get APFS volumes recogniced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, Matgen84 said:

You're several problem with your folder structure:

• remove boot and bootlex.log, keep EFI folder 
  • put Resources folder in OC directory 

On your screenshot, your USB Toshiba is formatted MBR, why? macOS recognize your key as Internal drive? Try to recreate USB Installer from createinstallmedia method with GPT/macOS journalized pen drive for example.

Problem Slove thank you there are issue with my MB and M.2 970 Evo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, telepati said:

Will not work if ScanPolicy set to 0. Also, this feature does not work as show/hide like in Clover. Only shows, does not hide back again.

Exactely right 

Any idea for solution 

10 hours ago, telepati said:

Not quite true.

Two different problems.

1. ScanPolicy=0 works for without any problems. I set default using System Preferences->Startup disk

2. OpenCanopy is NOT finished yet so Show/Hide is probably not finished either. As you were reminded here a few times and it is mentioned in the Configuration.pdf: "WARNING: OpenCanopy is currently considered experimental and is not recommended for everyday use. Refer to acidanthera/bugtracker#759 for more details regarding the current limitations."

1 hour ago, anmool said:

Exactely right 

Any idea for solution 

There is no solution to this. Cause this feature not added for this behavior.

1 hour ago, MacNB said:

Not quite true.

Two different problems.

1. ScanPolicy=0 works for without any problems. I set default using System Preferences->Startup disk

2. OpenCanopy is NOT finished yet so Show/Hide is probably not finished either. As you were reminded here a few times and it is mentioned in the Configuration.pdf: "WARNING: OpenCanopy is currently considered experimental and is not recommended for everyday use. Refer to acidanthera/bugtracker#759 for more details regarding the current limitations."

First of all, we are not talking about ScanPolicy. We are mention about HideAuxialiary feature and this is not part of the OpenCanopy. Yes, it is working with OpenCanopy but not specially created for OpenCanopy.

Edited by telepati

13 hours ago, nijhawank said:

Yes, I confirm. I am now able to select the APFS volume for installation with the OpenCore debug package you provided and smbios MacBookPro13,1; earlier it did not allow me to select the APFS volume.

I did not however continued with the installation as I had already upgraded my installation with the workaround (using smbios MacBookPro14,1).

Many thanks for your help. 

Fixed in DataBase.

But I keep up-to-date with current changes being made to the "master" branch of OC. You don't have to be part of the "click" or a "OC developer" to know what commits are being made.

9 days ago:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/09aba22d36993053c116fee1704ebe2cb39bc921

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/2dfe69110b26a833f941f08d94626e2fcfce2348

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, telepati said:

There is no solution to this. Cause this feature not added for this behavior.

First of all, we are not talking about ScanPolicy. We are mention about HideAuxialiary feature and this is not part of the OpenCanopy. Yes, it is working with OpenCanopy but not specially created for OpenCanopy.

Sorry but you really need to read your own posts.

You first wrote "Will not work if ScanPolicy set to 0." So first of all your ARE talking about ScanPolicy and what you quoted was incorrect.

Regarding OpenCanopy, do NOT change the subject to HideAuxiialiary which was NEVER mentioned by me or by @anmool. He asked about ExternalGUI and Space button to hide/unhide partitions and that's why I mentioned OpenCanopy.

Then, to say "there is no solution this" is not correct. I mentioned the solution. Do not say it is not a solution without verifying.

You did not read his posts correctly (which was not even directed to you but to one of the Devs), but you jumped in and gave wrong advice. 

Please read people's post first and if English is not your first language then read it again to make sure you understand correctly and if you don't understand, then don't make a comment - certainly do not to give advice you do not know for sure.

• Haha 1

Hello im using a lenovo m720 thinkcentre B360 i5 8400 system

i get this message when i run mac installer from oc, i checked my config.plist but dunno what i missed.

dsd was dumped and sddtime made some aml files, i pulled off awac from a other site

0F3C8F87-2712-45D0-8612-188408A197EC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

I don't know whether that was a generic "the", but for the case it was not, Pavo has nothing to do with OC and is not an OC developer.

I do apologize. I apparently spoke in error. Will correct the comment. Have the highest respect for the developer community. I am finding Opencore a wonderful product and thank you for your hard work.

• Like 1