OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2019 at 4:33 PM, pastrychef said:

No, the big Apple logo thing is not limited to Gigabyte.  I see the same thing happen with my Asus motherboard.

It's not a big deal to me though...

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve this (minor) issue. The Apple logo is oversized (on my 4K monitor, UIScale 02) until about 2/3 of the way through the boot process; then the screen goes blank for 5-10 seconds (sometimes long enough to trigger my monitor's energy saver on-screen prompt) and then the logo reappears, correctly sized, and my desktop loads. Kind of annoying, but I haven't found a way to fit (even tried moving from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 - with no WEG - and it still happened).

58 minutes ago, TokyoHam said:

The Apple logo is oversized (on my 4K monitor, UIScale 02) until about 2/3 of the way through the boot process; then the screen goes blank for 5-10 seconds (sometimes long enough to trigger my monitor's energy saver on-screen prompt) and then the logo reappears, correctly sized, and my desktop loads. Kind of annoying, but I haven't found a way to fit (even tried moving from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 - with no WEG - and it still happened).

Interesting. I have the other way around.

Mine boots with DPI scale logo until about 2/3, black screens for about 2-3 seconds then the big logo appears and finishes the boot.

4K monitor via DisplayPort. UIScale 02. iMac 19,2 SMBIOS 

Hi,

@Andrey1970

SilentKnight report an update for Macmini8,1 EFI

Mac model Macmini8,1

EFI version found 1037.100.359.0.0 expected 1037.100.362.0.0 iBridge 17.16.14281.0.0

Could you update MacInfoPkg ? and also made VirtualSMC recognize SMC Mac mini8,1 as V2 ?

Fred

7 hours ago, flashgear said:

Hello guys,

Long time lurker and finally took the plunge with OC on a i7 7700 and Gigabyte H110M-S2H. I'm pretty familiar with Clover and the like.

Upon booting the installer, I get the attached screenshot error, not sure what to do with this? OC 5.6. 

Any assistance here please :)

IMG_20200419_143756.jpg

The best you can do is here, to fix and turn off CFG Lock manually. Then no need:

• AppleCpuPmCfgLock: Yes
  • AppleXcpmCfgLoc: Yes

I like this reply :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

The best you can do is here, to fix and turn off CFG Lock manually. Then no need:

On laptops its a pain.... 

In my case I can't turn off CFG Lock because my EUFI firmware is locked by the oem so I have to use those 2 quirks witch is not ideal...

Don't know if it affects power management but hey at least I can boot 

9 minutes ago, rottenpants said:

On laptops its a pain.... 

In my case I can't turn off CFG Lock because my EUFI firmware is locked by the oem so I have to use those 2 quirks witch is not ideal...

Don't know if it affects power management but hey at least I can boot 

Yeah, oems :thumbsdown_anim: are s*****g LapTop fimwares, nothing to do unless someone with same hardware found a trick. But in my case, no CFG Lock option on the firmware settings, this helped me to leave that screen and go to the next step :D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

The best you can do is here, to fix and turn off CFG Lock manually with UEFITool etc method. Then no need:

I turns off CFG-Lock manually my Gigabyte Aorus Master BIOS. The @ammoune78 error remains on my Z390 config.

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I turns off CFG-Lock manually my Gigabyte Aorus Master BIOS. The @ammoune78 error remains on my Z390 config.

Disable AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock from the config, then reboot and enter the offset value shown in your UEFI.rom from the Modified GRUB Shell, as shown in that guide.

For people trying to turn off their CFG Lock with modGRUBShell.efi and are getting these errors (specially on laptops): 

error: can't set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000008) or 

error: can't set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)

Your are pretty much screwed.... must use those 2 quirks

Would love to hear from the devs on how this affects cpu power management or if something else is being worked on to get around this @Download-Fritz @Andrey1970

15 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Disable AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock from the config, then reboot and enter the offset value shown in your UEFI.rom from the Modified GRUB Shell, as shown in that guide.

It's exactly what I do, without success: Unlock CFG is Ok (verified) but the message is always there.  

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

It's exactly what I do, without success: Unlock CFG is Ok (verified) but the message is always there.  

What message?

42 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Take a screenshot of your bios opened by UEFITool, and searched for the CFG Lock word, need to know if you have one result from the search or 5

41 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

What message?

Take a screenshot of your bios opened by UEFITool, and searched for the CFG Lock word, need to know if you have one result from the search or 5

What message ----> same as your screenshot in your post (sorry for my bad English)

UEFiTool show only one line for PE32 section. Screenshot and setup.txt attached

BIOS Screenshot.png

setup.txt

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What message ----> same as your screenshot in your post (sorry for my bad English)

UEFiTool show only one line for PE32 section. Screenshot and setup.txt attached

BIOS Screenshot.png

setup.txt

setup_var 0x5c1 0x00 is the current one that you need to do.

Also before to do that, you need to check with VerifyMsrE2.efi if your MoBo allow disabling CFG Lock or not, before doing that steps.

1 minute ago, ammoune78 said:

setup_var 0x5c1 0x00 is the current one that you need to do.

Also before to do that, you need to check with VerifyMsrE2.efi if your MoBo allow disabling CFG Lock or not, before doing that steps.

Thanks. As I says before CFG is unlock in my BIOS mobo (Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master). I verify and double check via Hackintool  :cry:

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. As I says before CFG is unlock in my BIOS mobo (Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master). I verify and double check via Hackintool  :cry:

But the picture there is not meaning only CFG Lock, it maybe have something else, if you already have the CFG Unlocked. This is from what i've read from @Download-Fritz. You can see my first picture like this one a week ago, he replied to me with another thing that i've to check. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

But the picture there is not meaning only CFG Lock, it maybe have something else, if you already have the CFG Unlocked. This is from what i've read from @Download-Fritz. You can see my first picture like this one a week ago, he replied to me with another thing that i've to check. 

Hi, 

Sorry to jump in on this but I'm having a similar problem (I think??)..

OC 0.5.7 OS 10.15.4

Suddenly started playing up so: - cleaned everything and created new EFI latest

But now trying to boot and I'm in a loop where I keep having to reset the BIOS F9b

Any help appreciated as been on this for 2 days and it's just got progressively worse :(

IMG_3452.HEIC

16 minutes ago, ziggenpuss said:

Hi, 

Sorry to jump in on this but I'm having a similar problem (I think??)..

OC 0.5.7 OS 10.15.4

Suddenly started playing up so: - cleaned everything and created new EFI latest

But now trying to boot and I'm in a loop where I keep having to reset the BIOS F9b

Any help appreciated as been on this for 2 days and it's just got progressively worse :(

IMG_3452.HEIC

I think you have some unuseful patches for your machine try first to remove the unusual, boot with minimal.

Check if your mobo has unlocked CFG or not:

FqVZS.thumb.jpg.ed3bb980dcd130181e12ec93655d8611.jpg

If you got Offset xxxxx is 0x00, then it's already unlocked, if you've got 0x01 then you need to check:

FqWQE.thumb.jpg.a805954a73aca89cb38f54f725af3ec9.jpg

20 hours ago, el_charlie said:

Guys,

I need some assistance. I managed to make OC 0.5.8 work on my legacy P55 motherboard and works amazing! The only thing missing is to tweak the SMBIOS further to report my correct RAM speed to macOS (it shows 8GB of SDRAM).

Where did you find Version 5.8?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, ziggenpuss said:

Yes I unlocked CFG as it's not available in my BIOS Gigabyte Z390.

And I've been running with the newer setting of Boolean of NO on both CFGLock in the .plist

You maybe need to revert back to a previous version of opencore, the newer then the more errors shown maybe, this is valid for me also. I updated to the newer, now i have another error, were the previous version get passed all the errors, and just stuck at gIOLockScreen

The CFG Lock is now Unlocked, booting with the:

AppleCpuPmCfgLock: No

AppleXcpmCfgLoc: No

and the setup_var_3 0xxxx 0x00 is showing 0x00, get it unlocket.

Booting fine, just have to see if i'm doing a mistake in the config, need some work on it, and figure out what the problem. Also in the documentation, they say, need to re-check many times to know what we are doing. It's true, so many lines to check, then maybe, by mistake, we will forget something, it just need a patience!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flashgear said:

Now I have a blank screen after I select "macOS - External" in the loader screen.

Goes blank as soon I select it, where as my previous post above I could see the error text.

Using an RX Vega 64, any ideas??

Anyone? 

Been at this for 3 hours now and can't get a display past choose macOS in the loader

Hello Everyone ..

why when I try install system and chose disk utility just detect external hard drive and internal hard drive not detected any of them i have SSD + SSD NVME +HHD

photo_2020-04-20_01-36-19.jpg

Edited by EC0