OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

is there a bug on v0.5.7 or something wrong on my setup? Combo Update does not continue after clicking restart. Apple logo and loading bar coming after in a second, logo and loading bar disappear, the screen turns black and never restarts. (wait 20min 2 times) I am making force restarts from the Case and I am choosing "macOS installer" from the Picker and update continue. I don't get it why this happening. Any idea would be nice. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, telepati said:

is there a bug on v0.5.7 or something wrong on my setup? Combo Update does not continue after clicking restart. Apple logo and loading bar coming after in a second, logo and loading bar disappear, the screen turns black and never restarts. (wait 20min 2 times) I am making force restarts from the Case and I am choosing "macOS installer" from the Picker and update continue. I don't get it why this happening. Any idea would be nice. Thank you.

I’ve been running the 10.15.4 betas and somewhere around the last few betas, this has been my experience as well. I can update but upon reboot, I have to choose the installer, which from there, loads a white window pretty much like you’re installing macOS for the first time.

The update succeeds but it’s definitely quirky.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, telepati said:

@Tiem and @crusher I found the problem. The problem is disabling "EnableWriteUnprotector" does not work for me. vit9696 is mentioning here "Disabling EnableWriteUnprotector may not work for some", I am one of them.

2068122873_ScreenShot2020-04-09at23_58_36.png.33e29daa4b245f8f536862e2eda34baa.png

BTW, I'm not sure if vit9696 says this for boot because when I disable it, I can boot but I can't update.

Edited by telepati

44 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Open MaciASL.app search XSTA and XCRS and check if they're in correct place(GPI0 and TDP1) and correct skip value(if not).

In TPD1 is still _STA. Trying to find correct skip value

Meantime, those 2 lines are from OC log:
08:160 07:724 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2C.kext () - Invalid Parameter
08:243 00:082 OC: Prelink injection VoodooI2CHID.kext () - Invalid Parameter

In Clover I had 2 KextToPatch for I2C, i put them also to OC, is that made in good way?

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.15.03.png

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.16.23.png

14 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

You don't have to TDP1 _STA is disabled(you didn't mention about _STA in TDP1) enable it in config reboot and check the same way.

yep, i dont have it, true, my mistake, but even if I've done counting for that and it is in the right place, touchpad still not working properly :( 
are those KextToPatch are done correctly? I know I have them disabled, but with enabled is still the same so maybe this is problem, and OC in log gives "Invalid Parameter"?

3 hours ago, telepati said:

@Tiem and @crusher I found the problem. The problem is disabling "EnableWriteUnprotector" does not work for me. vit9696 is mentioning here "Disabling EnableWriteUnprotector may not work for some", I am one of them.

2068122873_ScreenShot2020-04-09at23_58_36.png.33e29daa4b245f8f536862e2eda34baa.png

BTW, I'm not sure if vit9696 says this for boot because when I disable it, I can boot but I can't update.

Yep same problem here.

7 hours ago, telepati said:

So you begin the update. It goes to the Apple logo and a progress bar. Then it reboots. From there OC will add an entry to NVRAM and you can launch from macOS install. It’ll then load a white screen and install the update that way.

what part fails for you? When I get a chance I’ll look to what I have that quirk set to. 

Dear OpenCore developers,

I much respect your alternative to Clover, and I have enjoyed so far running Zen 2 so smoothly compared to Clover. As you know there are a set of TRX40 users out there who would really like the support to boot past the seeming memory issue. I have no real knowledge on the matter, but it seems like the Linux kernel patch (https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1156999/) did its work for a similar issue for the Linux kernel, and a workaround before was to use the "mce=off" parameter.

Honestly, I don't know if this is the problem we are facing when booting macOS with OpenCore, and also I don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot on a level deemed useful to OC developers, I think, at least not without proper guidance.

My question then is whether it makes sense that the above patch is used to fix the same problem that we are facing when trying to pass memory allocation, which never works on TRX40 at the moment, and whether this patch is somehow applicable in OpenCore.

I also don't know whether this will be the only issue we are facing, so if my request to adopt said patch in OpenCore is simply not applicable, then feel free to say so and I/we will wait until a guru dev manages to find the time and effort to get this fix going.

The reason I believe it is important for the Hackintosh community is that Skylake-X supplies are drying up and Cascade Lake-X was basically a paperlaunch, so we are stuck with a maximum of 18 hotheaded cores on Intel, and 16 very decent but just-not-enough on AMD. It would be amazing to run 32C/64T or somehow even 64C/64T (or 128T when macOS allows), so we can beat out that MacPro7,1.

All the best!

Edited by Allubz
  • Like 1

@Allubz, the issue with TRX40 is with AMD kernel patches (at least that is what I have in my memories about our investigation). For this reason no change in OpenCore is believed to be needed. You need to consult to AMD patches' developers for this.

Also, while unrelated, I do not think macOS kernel works well enough with a large amount of threads.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

No problem,, I shouldn't use custom entry because i have use separated disk for each Operating System. Every disk have own EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi. So actually i don't need use those features.
I just want to change entry name instead default ones, i just need to use ._contentDetails files to edit entry name. Thanks again

IMG_068EF6F3936F-1.jpeg

Is this still valid with version 0.5.7 ?

I can't change any of the entrie names....

I'm using UTF-8 formatted text files, is that correct ?

Edited by polkaholga

On 8/31/2019 at 5:21 PM, FredWst said:

Hi,

Just a little trick to enable TRIM for SATA SSD under Mojave last build and Catalina Beta 7.

Add at NVRAM in dict 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

EnableTRIM data <01000000>

Fred

Thanks for this tip¡¡¡ it works fine¡¡¡

Once again do nott work PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true in 10.15.4 build (19E287 supplemental update

1562084325_ScreenShot2020-03-29at2_58_35AM.thumb.jpg.79bf2796861b66be8c3619880f23108b.jpg

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@polkaholga There must not be an underscore

Once again do nott work PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true in 10.15.4 build (19E287 supplemental update

Edited by anmool
attached

@telepati for functioning updates you'll want to have working NVRAM. To do that, you'll need to have "EnableWriteUnprotector" set to enabled. As you have a modern Intel motherboard, you may need to compile SSDT-PMC.aml, add it to the OC ACPI folder and add the file to your config.plist to get NVRAM working.

• Thanks 1

hey guys

i currently am running a r9 280x in my top pcie slot (gen3 x16 speed) and I have my 2060 super which originally was in the pc is just lying around.

i have a second pcie slot (gen2 x8 speed) which would do just fine to run the r9 280x in and have the 2060 super in the top slot 

I have heard it is possible to disable the top slot in opencore but am unable to do it

some help would be very appreciated 

thx

Hector

12 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@polkaholga There must not be an underscore

Thanks for the hint, my bad...

But still no joy.

Config pdf says that at PickerAttributes custom entry disk labels can be set, and at ConsoleAttributes colours can be changed.

In my case I can change colours at PickerAttributes...

I can change nothing at ConsoleAttributes....

Changelog says PickerAttributes has been renamed to ConsoleAttributes...

I'm confused