OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

it seems someone was listening at opencore and made some positive for a while I was impressed the scripts almost succeded in make a full blown mac it was actually parsing each and every attempt to parse and regroup based upon an ouput of a fallen ssdt driver wow that a major improvement or something but it still stopped short of a full blown success here is a pic please let me know where it failed I was so far impresed with my russian friends who borrowed every english word in computer jargon gave it a russian ending and talk in it like it is there own one should see them go talk in some sort of english speak sudo jargon it was russian yet it wasnt  I just visited their website 

IMG-1269.jpg

10 hours ago, markl18 said:

can some kind sole explain this error because I cant get out of it openruntime v3 not 10 

I had this error today right after updated to 0.5.7. In my case, I replaced "FwRuntimeServices.efi" with "OpenRuntime.efi" in my "Drivers" folder, and finally use Propertree's SnapShot to update config.plist. After this, I can boot into the system without the openruntime error. BTW, 0.5.7 boot a lot faster than 0.5.6 on my desktop. 

Edited by Andrew1263

hi this is another _INI lookup failiure I think this is from here

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "AWAC", 0x00000000)
{
    External (STAS, IntObj)

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                STAS = One
            }
        }
    }
}

please help I dont understand assembler

IMG-1272.jpg

5 minutes ago, ncoolbean said:

I have two machines (AMD X570 and Intel X170z) that had the same problem. Disable 'Above 4G decoding' in BIOS solved my problem. Hope this help.

where exactly and what exactly is 4g decoding

Hey all.

I wish to start by saying I've seen some amazing work on OC in the last year. Big Kudos to vit and DF for their constant developing, and also the team, while also answering all the bugtracker questions. 

Having to work from home recently has allowed me to finally find some time to see if I can upgrade my version of OpenCore from a version before AptioMemoryFix was dropped to boot macOS High Sierra on my old Z68 machine with ASUS Maximus IV Gene Z and i7-2600. It's not a problem if I can't as I'm happy to use the older version or Clover, but still, it would be good if I could use the latest and greatest.

The last build I have which I can use to boot High Sierra using OC with AptioMemoryFix is a pre-release version of 0.0.4 from August 3rd 2019, commit 6d8d39a
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commits/master?after=eff6598386a4b55d0c3fbb0afc66172b7de43aff+804

Using the released version 0.0.4 of OC or newer with FwRuntimeServices.efi (and now the newer OpenRuntime.efi) I either see on screen error 'Error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x000000000f600000 alloc type 2' when trying to 'Start LoadKernelFromStream'
boot_process_stop_Error_allocating_pages.jpg.aa546fd10553c42bc427f54edfb9966c.jpg

Or it halts at 'End RandomSeed'
boot_process_stop_EndRandomSeed.jpg.15841341e0e036798335cf880d713b92.jpg

Here's OC 0.0.4 debug log:
opencore-2020-04-04-165829.txt

Here's the debug log using the latest version of OC:
opencore-2020-04-06-152037.txt

Config wise I always have the following enabled:
• IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio
• ProvideConsoleGop (though enabled or disabled makes no difference to a successful boot)
• DisableIoMapper
• PanicNoKextDump

I've tried many variations of Booter->Quirks and found that I need to have enabled:
• AvoidRuntimeDefrag
• EnableSafeModeSlide
• EnableWriteUnprotector
• ProvideCustomSlide
• SetupVirtualMap

It seems that Enabling ShrinkMemoryMap AND SetupVirtualMap with OC 0.0.4 ends in KP for Unaligned Frame
boot_process_KP_Unaligned_Frame.jpg.194b52966da2de9173d4b654e69187d1.jpg

Trying to use any of the other quirks don't help.
• DiscardHibernateMap (Config8)
• ForceExitBootServices
• ProtectCsmRegion
• ProtectUefiServices

I'm attaching a memmap from boot and after loading each, AptioMemoryfix, FWRuntimeServices and OpenRuntime if they help spot the issue.

memmap1_after_load_FWRuntimeServices_004.txt

memmap1_from_boot_before_FWRuntimeServices.txt

memmap2_from_boot_before_OpenRuntime.txt

memmap2_after_load_OpenRuntime.txt

memmap3_from_boot_before_AptioMemoryFix.txt

memmap3_after_load_AptioMemoryFix.txt

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EDIT: Solved thanks to vit9696's suggestion.

Edited by blackosx
Mark as solved

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

blackosx, could you try posting your config for 0.5.7? It seems like some Booter quirks are not set, but it will be easier to reason with the photo and the config side by size.

Hey vit9696. Sure

EDIT: config.plist removed

1 hour ago, crusher said:

Hey @blackosx

Hey crusher.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

@blackosx, you have a very large memory map, so RebuildAppleMemoryMap is a must. In older OpenCore versions it was called ShrinkMemoryMap. I do not remember where exactly is CSM region on APTIO IV, so better enable ProtectMemoryRegions. A little unrelated, but you want RequestBootVarRouting on pretty much all hacks. ForceExitBootServices — 50/50, might be, but not guaranteed. This should get you booted I think. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

@blackosx, you have a very large memory map, so RebuildAppleMemoryMap is a must. In older OpenCore versions it was called ShrinkMemoryMap. I do not remember where exactly is CSM region on APTIO IV, so better enable ProtectMemoryRegions. A little unrelated, but you want RequestBootVarRouting on pretty much all hacks. ForceExitBootServices — 50/50, might be, but not guaranteed. This should get you booted I think. 

Thank you very much @vit9696

I went with RebuildAppleMemoryMap, ProtectMemoryRegions and RequestBootVarRouting and Bingo!

:)

6 minutes ago, crusher said:

Here u go and u just need to change PlatformInfo/Generic

EFI.zip

Thank for your help crusher but no need. All fixed :)

• Like 1