OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@telepati Look I/we get pinged on several channels several times a day. And the more of those are disposable things like "bug reports" about explicitly development branches literally during active development (talking about minutes, not even hours or days), the more appealing it is to not react to pings of any sort at all. I do not want to hear any more "bug reports" about OpenCanopy, especially not of its development branch, until it's mature for daily use.

Well Said, its very frustrating!

It changes all the time now, wait for the final version of 0.5.7 or use OCBuilder to get the currently available version of OpenCore with its drivers including OpenRuntime.efi. Just choose Release (without kexts) and the folder you want your files to be saved - click Build and wait. :) Or just use 0.5.6 with FwRuntimeServices instead, there aren't many visible changes, they work the same.

Edited by Morpheus NS

6 minutes ago, thientruongdx said:

Please. If you want users to help you, put your config detailed in your signature (CPU, MB, RAM, Graphics, etc.) Oc Version, macOS version used

Edited by Matgen84

For the heck of it, i tried to load/boot up OC on my Lenovo T420 (sandy bridge) - which has been working on clover for about 8 years now.

- but after OC inits.  i get a black screen??? and not not see any boot options etc.

i used the Ivy Bridge profile. so in essense never even got to fun part of making it work.

anyone have an full EFI repo with config.plist for Sandy Bridge I can try to see where I went wrong. the Sanity Checker for the config.plist came back all green? 

22 hours ago, Pene said:

If you are compiling as of now, after the check for correct mtoc has been enforced, and are still experiencing issues with Windows booting, please confirm this, and if it is the same case, follow vit's debug instructions for this problem and post the resulting files in the GitHub issue. Thanks!

Hi @Pene, I can confirm that neither combination works on my rig. Should I open a new issue in bug tracker or just append my log files to the old (closed) issue?

Edited by dgsga

@Download-Fritz Man, you are clear (I also deleted all posts) but you guys released early preview today? Am I missing something? I thought if you released today, we can ask something? Then you must be much clear, like this: "Even we released do not ask anything about OpenCanopy"?

Edited by telepati

@telepati That is more or less what I did:

17 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

I do not want to hear any more "bug reports" about OpenCanopy, especially not of its development branch, until it's mature for daily use.

From the docs of this release:

WARNING: OpenCanopy is currently considered experimental and is not recommended for everyday use.

This is software is not only months away from being stable, it also is at the very bottom of the priority list. Ask whatever you feel like asking, but stop pinging, especially vit deserves to not be bothered for a single day after the last few weeks.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, dgsga said:

Hi @Pene, I can confirm that neither combination works on my rig. Should I open a new issue in bug tracker or just append my log files to the old (closed) issue?

Too bad, closed one should be fine. No reason to open a new one.

• Like 1

hi something happened that my EFI partition bacame smaller than before because I could fit the whole opencore inside but not anymorediskutil -list tells me that disk0s1 efi is 200 mb how big is op more than 200 mb 

Edited by markl18

2 hours ago, telepati said:

@Download-Fritz OK. I understood what you mean and I apologize to both of you. :blush:

In any case .. i had similar issue .. Used OC Builder pull and compile latest versions of all that it pulls and compiles and OpenCanopy works just fine ... Not sure what difference this made for me between compiling this way and copying the OCBinaryData over to the release version...  Didn't spend that much time looking into it to be fair.

41 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

In any case .. i had similar issue .. Used OC Builder pull and compile latest versions of all that it pulls and compiles and OpenCanopy works just fine ... Not sure what difference this made for me between compiling this way and copying the OCBinaryData over to the release version...  Didn't spend that much time looking into it to be fair.

OCBuilder has been updated to reflect their new folder structure. Check for updates in the app.