OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

In Acidanthera ocbuild there is Update mtoc to 949.0.1 and I recently installed mtoc via brew (927.0.2) and can't be upgraded to 949.0.1 via brew. Should I expect any complications with this version or it's better to uninstall it and reinstall from ocbuild?

Does not matter much, I do not think there were (m)any meaningful changes in mtoc. We updated from a really old version to check something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so I got almost working everything on my x220 (even brightness control and battery status!) but for some reason VoodooPS2/VoodooInput is not loading, and I tried acidanthera version and also one from T420 thread and I'm not sure what is wrong.

Any advice? It /was/ working previously on Clover so I assume this is OpenCore quirk. Maybe kexts order?

1 hour ago, nutro said:

Can somebody help me with slow boot with Opencore 0.5.6.

I've got an HP Elitedesk 800 g1 with 12gb ram, Intel HD4600, BX500 240GB SSD.

Did a sanity check on my plist and everything is green. But my boot time is around 1 minute.

Ataching my latest log from opencore.

Thank you!

opencore-2020-03-29-144713.txt

Suddenly there are many people starting to get the slow boot problem on v0.5.6 and v0.5.7 including me. Boot logs do not give any clue about this issue, and @vit9696 says this is not related to OpenCore. But some people go back to v.0.5.5 and say that this problem does not happen in v0.5.5. You can try it.

9 minutes ago, nutro said:

Thank you for the fast reply @telepati. I was hoping 0.5.7 would fix the issue. I guess I could try with 0.5.5. Any idea how to revert to 0.5.5 without to have to install from scratch?

I am already using v0.5.7 and the problem still persists. You can download v0.5.5 from here.

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

Note: Do not use the same files and config.plist in V0.5.6. Use the files and sample.plist in v0.5.5.

Hello,

I have a question regarding BlessOverride functionality:

I added to bless override the following: "\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi"

However, the same HDD also has Windows on it, thus also having "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD". The presence of the BCD results in mistakenly displaying the grubx64.efi entry as "BOOTCAMP WINDOWS". (is this a bug?)

To confirm the above, I removed the BCD file, and then the grubx64.efi entry appeared just as "EFI".

So, I am wondering, wouldn't it make sense to have a type-by-path-detection for BlessOverride similar to what Boot Entries have?

P.S. The reason Custom Entry didn't work well for this in my case, is that the HDD with ubuntu isn't always connected, and it seems that Custom Entries are displayed regardless of the actual presence of the specified file (I wish the entry to be displayed only when the HDD is connected).

Edited by Pene

1 hour ago, Pene said:

Hello,

I have a question regarding BlessOverride functionality:

I added to bless override the following: "\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi"

However, the same HDD also has Windows on it, thus also having "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD". The presence of the BCD results in mistakenly displaying the grubx64.efi entry as "BOOTCAMP WINDOWS". (is this a bug?)

To confirm the above, I removed the BCD file, and then the grubx64.efi entry appeared just as "EFI".

So, I am wondering, wouldn't it make sense to have a type-by-path-detection for BlessOverride similar to what Boot Entries have?

P.S. The reason Custom Entry didn't work well for this in my case, is that the HDD with ubuntu isn't always connected, and it seems that Custom Entries are displayed regardless of the actual presence of the specified file (I wish the entry to be displayed only when the HDD is connected).

You can use file .contentDetails with entry name text.

• Thanks 1

hi all of my previous problems I managed to get by by googling and stuff but this one I dont really understand is it part of acpi loading all of those aml files or is it that one of them is in conflict with one of the kext

IMG-1151.jpg

12 hours ago, Pene said:

No-ish... OC detects Windows as Windows the same way Apple EFI does, though I agree it is suboptimal. Apple EFI has no concept of multiple loaders per one partition outside of bless (e.g. HFS FV2 or APFS Preboot), and thus OC support for it is suboptimal. But I'd not say I like the solution either. :) You can use .contentDetails in the loader folder to rename though.

• Like 1

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc from the 23rd of this month  it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

im super confused but hoping somebody can confirm or resolve the problem for me?

here is the error getting thrown up

65C26407-1272-4031-85E5-7556929C7630.thumb.jpeg.21302fcd42c29c35f005befde924f914.jpeg

9900k,

Gigabyte Z390 Master,

5700XT,

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb, Win10

WD Black NVMe 1tb Catalina 

Thanks Guys,

Edited by AudioGod

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

im super confused but hoping somebody can confirm or resolve the problem for me?

here the error getting thrown up

Thanks Guys,

Hi @AudioGod

You've to rebuild Windows BCD :cry: You know that. Before a new test, with OC or NDK. Do you try to boot Windows! I think you can't.

Edited by Matgen84

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

You've to rebuild Windows BCD :cry: You know that. Before a new test, with OC or NDK. Do you try to boot Windows! I don't think you can't.

Nope it isn’t the BCD, it’s happening with a fresh install via my test drive too and like I said if I use my EFI from a few days ago it works normally but the latest build causes that to happen.

• Like 1

im doing clover to opencore conversion and i have problem with applealc on opencore as it doesnt work even with layout id that proven work under clover

i use oc 0.5.6, applealc 1.4.7, macos mojave 10.14.5

my device is lenovo B40 | i3 5005U | Realtek ALC 235

i use layout id 3 --> mirone alc235 codec with resethda and afglowpowerstate enabled on clover

this is my clover config 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcQm0L9RYS5iro5qyhp4sbz6A6GAQ

this is my oc config 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/127sfe3zahcnm-hBSJWXFYSHPf1zBCmhO/view?usp=drivesdk

UPDATE:Somehow fixed when i block com.driver.appleHPET and still show on kextstat 

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/422#issuecomment-523642854

if there're another elegant solutions please kindly reply

Edited by LunairsmAlpha
because i found some fix on it

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@Download-Fritz Sorry to bother you or anybody else but I am using the latest build and I’m finding I’m no longer able to boot into windows via OC, I’m not using any patches or a dsdt and just to make sure it wasn’t somthing like that breaking windows I compiled the latest version of NDK OC and the same thing happens. I don’t know if it’s me or a bug in the latest build but If i use my older build of Oc from the 23rd of this month  it works fine and I have made no changes between then and now other then updating to the latest build this morning.

here is the error getting thrown up

65C26407-1272-4031-85E5-7556929C7630.thumb.jpeg.21302fcd42c29c35f005befde924f914.jpeg

Same issue with my Z390 Aorus Master config. All works fine before latest commits. I double check OC EFI folder  and config.plist, remove all devices: problem remain.

Any ideas for a solution. Thanks. :) 

1 hour ago, LunairsmAlpha said:

im doing clover to opencore conversion and i have problem with applealc on opencore as it doesnt work even with layout id that proven work under clover

i use oc 0.5.6, applealc 1.4.7, macos mojave 10.14.5

my device is lenovo B40 | i3 5005U | Realtek ALC 235

i use layout id 3 --> mirone alc235 codec with resethda and afglowpowerstate enabled on clover

this is my clover config 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcQm0L9RYS5iro5qyhp4sbz6A6GAQ

this is my oc config 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/127sfe3zahcnm-hBSJWXFYSHPf1zBCmhO/view?usp=drivesdk

UPDATE:Somehow fixed when i block com.driver.appleHPET and still show on kextstat 

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/422#issuecomment-523642854

if there're another elegant solutions please kindly reply

You need couple HPET related renames, run this stuff.

Put kexts in correct order in your config.

In DevicesProperties add layout-id.

Edited by hardcorehenry

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Same issue with my Z390 Aorus Master config. All works fine before latest commits. I double check OC EFI folder  and config.plist, remove all devices: problem remain.

Any ideas for a solution. Thanks. :) 

me too, using latest OC from GIT booting Win via OC results in same blue screen as shown above :( 

confirming that issue since commits on Mar 29, 2020 . 

Edited by texem

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

You need couple HPET related renames, run this stuff.

Put kexts in correct order in your config.

In DevicesProperties add layout-id.

how do you get the ssdttime to recognize the dsdt.aml file it just doesnt want to be recognized

1 hour ago, texem said:

me too, using latest OC from GIT booting Win via OC results in same blue screen as shown above :( 

confirming that issue since commits on Mar 29, 2020 . 

Suspect its related to the change in openruntime .. putting the old openruntime.efi back with nothing else changed from compiling the latest code fixes Windows booting.. 

• Like 1