OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,810 posts in this topic

Hi all,

running OC 0.5.3 long time now w/o any problem and any version up to 8.Nov.19 is working perfectly.

Now the latest from GIT crashes immediately .

Trace (verbose) shows LILU (latest) loaded,

then all ACPI tables successful loaded.

Then panic (cpu0 caller ...)

fault: CR2 ... 

Double checked if compile was wrong by someone else' version.

Wondering what was changed between these releases ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi

Can anyone help me out? Just started playing with OpenCore. Trying to install Catalina on my Lenovo T430 build. Had previously installed Mojave on it without any error thnx to Clover bootloader. But not this time around. Got stuck on 2nd stage installation when suddenly the installer quits and reboots with 3 minutes remaining shown on the screen. Anyhow, trying my hands with OpenCore to see I can break the deadlock. Managed to get the installer running but facing TWO huge problems. First off, at the installer, I cannot use my keyboard to input e.g. at the Disk Utility dialog box. But can move around with the Mouse. Trackpad is not working either. Secondly, the installer throws the exception Your mac needs a firmware update in order to install to this volume. please select a mac os extended... Any suggestions? I've attached my EFI folder below.

EFI.zip

On 10/25/2019 at 11:11 PM, DaGr8Gatzby said:

You can use gfxutil to grab this path, but the way I did it was to boot EFI shell and run the following command:

*BOOT EFI SHELL*

Shell> fs0:
fs0:\> map > maps.txt

I then mounted my ESP partition and was able to copy and paste the info into the plist file:

image.thumb.png.a724dbc35353f8f75c502a3d4943fc8f.png

I hope this helps somebody. Took me a bit of tries to get it working.

Hi, re the gfxutil tool, the command for graphics is e.g, -f IGPU  

but can somebody please give me the command for locating Disks Paths with gfxutil ?

Also, and forgive my ignorance but how do I run the Boot EFI Shell on a Hackintosh. Is there a dedicated tool that? Please link it for me.

Edit 16/12/19: I added the Shell.efi in my OC EFI Tools folder and I was able to select EFI Shell from the Boot Picker. I generated the maps.txt which saved to my EFI.

Robbish

Edited by Robbish

10 hours ago, texem said:

running OC 0.5.3 long time now w/o any problem and any version up to 8.Nov.19 is working perfectly.

Now the latest from GIT crashes immediately .

I made a new config.plist from scratch and now it's fixed. Tnx

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 2:22 AM, Pavo said:

Anyone know what value needs to go into ProcessorType of the SMBIOS section? My CPUs are 10-Core Xeon E5-2670v2 with a CPU type of 0x0105 in IOREG. 

Hi, I faced the same issue as you. I have a Intel Xeon e5-2650v4 CPU, and the auto detection was failed on system profiler. Unless I manually added the ProcessorType=0x0a01 in SMC info, there is always a unknown CPU type.

Can you give me some tips on how to deal with it as it is boring for me to fill up the whole SMC info manually.

I do found your bug track on github bug, but I can not find the solution yet.

4 minutes ago, crazyi said:

Hi, I faced the same issue as you. I have a Intel Xeon e5-2650v4 CPU, and the auto detection was failed on system profiler. Unless I manually added the ProcessorType=0x0a01 in SMC info, there is always a unknown CPU type.

Can you give me some tips on how to deal with it as it is boring for me to fill up the whole SMC info manually.

I do found your bug track on github bug, but I can not find the solution yet.

You need to dump your CPU info like I did in that bug tracker and submit it to get added.

12 hours ago, crazyi said:

Is there anyone know how to clean up the OpenCorePkg directory when I finished building the opencore binaries with macbuild.tool?

No need to clean up, all those new files there, are needed for the next time you build and also speed up the compile time. If you don't build very often, then just delete the OpenCorePkg directory and run git clone again next time you want to build one.

5 hours ago, anmool said:

i have time issue between windows and macOS during dual boot

anyone know how to set RealTimeIsUniversal to 1 to avoid time desync between Windows and macO

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal

Set it to 1 in Windows.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, n.d.k said:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal

Set it to 1 in Windows.

I set it RealTimeIsUniversal  to 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal 

but didn't fix time during dual boot

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It must be DWORD value.

I tested with RealTimeIsUniversal  64bit DWORD value and 32bit DWORD value but didn't work 

do you have working this value during dual boot?

Capture.thumb.JPG.8f57a4bacd55fe78d5454e1377ed2a96.JPG

Edited by anmool

It really is off topic, but since the mod also contributed to it here is the method that works....

from http://www.extracatchy.net/sync-time-windows-mac-os-x-hackintosh/

• Boot into OS X, set the timezone and time correctly or set it Automatic update of Time & Date.
  • Boot into Windows, and do not attempt to update time by using “Adjust Date/Time”.
  • Just Open Registry Editor and Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation.
  • Right click in the blank space of the right pane, select New > DWORD (32-bit) value, name it RealTimeIsUniversal.
  • Double click the newly created file and change the value to 1. Save and reboot into OS X
  • Wait 1-2 minutes, then reboot into Windows. Now the time information between the 2 OS is matched.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

It is necessary QWORD 64 bit for 64 bit Windows.

2 hours ago, UefiBooter said:

It really is off topic, but since the mod also contributed to it here is the method that works....

from http://www.extracatchy.net/sync-time-windows-mac-os-x-hackintosh/

• Boot into OS X, set the timezone and time correctly or set it Automatic update of Time & Date.
  • Boot into Windows, and do not attempt to update time by using “Adjust Date/Time”.
  • Just Open Registry Editor and Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation.
  • Right click in the blank space of the right pane, select New > DWORD (32-bit) value, name it RealTimeIsUniversal.
  • Double click the newly created file and change the value to 1. Save and reboot into OS X
  • Wait 1-2 minutes, then reboot into Windows. Now the time information between the 2 OS is matched.

I tried above method didn't work

how to edit QWORD 64 bit for 64 bit Windows please tell me clearly

I have tried many times no luck it is necessary for dual booting

every time didn't set the time manually to each boot

2 hours ago, anmool said:

• go to Start Menu, launch cmd as Administrator

• Paste the following command:

Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_QWORD /d 1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anmool said:

Did you check the timezone setting in between mac and windows, make sure it's the same timezone? Otherwise, the time will always be different regardless if you set the RealTimeIsUniversal right.

23 hours ago, anmool said:

I tested with RealTimeIsUniversal  64bit DWORD value and 32bit DWORD value but didn't work 

do you have working this value during dual boot?

Yes, it works for me. Computer #2 in my signature.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Did you check the timezone setting in between mac and windows, make sure it's the same timezone? Otherwise, the time will always be different regardless if you set the RealTimeIsUniversal right.

21 hours ago, Ellybz said:

• go to Start Menu, launch cmd as Administrator

• Paste the following command:

Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_QWORD /d 1

thanks guys finally worked for me between macOS and windows

Hi Guys, is there a problem with Clover 0.5.3?

I keep getting these error, not sure if its processor or USB related, I tried with the Option to state the kexts causing the KP, but I assume its not getting that far.,,,,,

I used the guide here https://github.com/khronokernel/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore

439484597_Screenshot2019-11-27at3_09_00PM.png.d80046770bbf7ab4b379547bb101b7e0.png

1049303580_Screenshot2019-11-27at3_08_38PM.png.cb42d33eb762e3c1764b1730ffb7e36e.png

I am currently making a transition from Clover to OpenCore though.

I have tried to create the USBMap Kext or even the SSDT-IUAC.aml, but there were some ports that just remained missing.

Where am I going wrong?

*Cries into Girlfriends Dress*

Clover: 5098

EFI.zip

OpenCore: 0.5.3

EFI.zip

EFI.zip

Edited by Mastachief
Removed Extra EFI Folder