OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,810 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, justin said:

@vit9696 wrote a perfect macbuild.tool for building OpenCorePkg/AppleSupportPkg, why the heck do you need another one? 

It's exactly what I says to @nmano Despite of that OC Builder is useful for those how need complete EFI structure. Right. :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

It's exactly what I says to @nmano Despite of that OC Builder is useful for those how need complete EFI structure. Right. :)

No, third party tools are not needed to complete the EFI structure, the EFI structure is already in the Docs/Configuration.pdf , just click the mouse in Finder or hit the keyboard in Terminal.app

i'm just so amazed people do not want to read such a piece of detailed document, READING THE OFFICIAL DOC is the simplest method to get OpenCore running.  

Edited by justin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, justin said:

No, third party tools are not needed to complete the EFI structure, the EFI structure is already in the Docs/Configuration.pdf , just click the mouse in Finder or hit the keyboard in Terminal.app

Keep cool :) The EFI structure is already in the Docs, I know. OC Builder is also compiling all necessary efi and kexts, all in one. I don't use it.

Let users choosing by themself, is also a good idea :wink_anim:

@Andres ZeroCross Right.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, justin said:

@vit9696 wrote a perfect macbuild.tool for building OpenCorePkg/AppleSupportPkg, why the heck do you need another one? 

Do not use this TOOL, READ THE F**** OFFICIAL MANUAL. 

You need to set PanicNoKextDump=YES/True to see the actual panic reason (aka backtrace), try it and post a new photo.  

image.thumb.png.a3390ddeabb44a6137227e8e05f211ec.png

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Choose iMac13,2 instead of MacPro5,1

Thank you Slice, but it is actually MacPro5,1 (real Mac). By changing the board-id to iMacPro1,1 I get full HEVC decode/encode. I tried iMac13,2 it does not work for this purpose. MacPro7,1 board-Id in Cat 10.15.1 panics too. I guess because of the dual CPU's I have.

Hello everyone.

First of all, thanks to all devs for sharing their time and skills to build this.

I have noticed some minor quirks or maybe just misconfigurations on my hack. Nevertheless, it works perfectly.

1. I don't see any drive or partitions in the OpenCore menu. I think I missed something here. Again, my hack boots and works fine after the 5 seconds wait time. I just really don't see any partitions/drives.
  2. I have a 2-3 second black screen before showing the Apple logo and progress bar during boot. With Clover, I have set it to autoload my macOS drive and so upon powering on, I can immediately see the Apple logo and progress bar. It goes to 75% then blinks* then continues to boot to 100%. I think I've read this somewhere that the boot has 2 parts. So, with OpenCore, I'm only seeing the second part of the boot process. Not a big deal but it gives the impression that it's not working because of the black screen. 

4 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@nmano you can also use OC EFI maker you can find on macOS86.it

with it you can build easily Opencore latest release or beta or debug version in few click :)

Can you upload your X299 EFI please

I try still apple logo..

I'm trying to get working nvram on Gigabyte 300 series but with no success. I've already fixed KP at restart/shutdown but still not able to save nvram variables.

I think that my problem is related to LegacySchema (?), once I cannot understand how to set this parameter.

At this point (0.5.2), can anybody tell me what is needed to get emulated nvram?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Maf3r0 said:

I'm trying to get working nvram on Gigabyte 300 series but with no success. I've already fixed KP at restart/shutdown but still not able to save nvram variables.

I think that my problem is related to LegacySchema (?), once I cannot understand how to set this parameter.

At this point (0.5.2), can anybody tell me what is needed to get emulated nvram?

Thanks.

https://github.com/InsanelyHack/Emulated-NVRAM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

Seems most are on newer Mainboards and CPUs.

I am (still) using a X99 board...anyone was able to get OC booting into a X99 system... or is it advisable to wait for the full OC release?

Thanks, Mike