OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, bittantone said:

Is there any way to boot OpenCore with Secure Boot? 

I've tried to launch both BOOTx64.efi and OpenCore.efi from Shim with no luck.

Thanks!

I believe secure boot feature is still in the air and has not yet implemented.  

0.5.2 up and running on Z97X UD5H BK with 4790K and RX580! There is one small problem though. I can boot my Macintosh HD, Recovery and Windows without any problems. But when I want to boot to safe mode, the only thing I get in the 2nd boot phase is black screen (single user mode is working fine). Any ideas what could be the reason?  

Is there any chance to get Discord invitation?

39 minutes ago, bidero said:

0.5.2 up and running on Z97X UD5H BK with 4790K and RX580! There is one small problem though. I can boot my Macintosh HD, Recovery and Windows without any problems. But when I want to boot to safe mode, the only thing I get in the 2nd boot phase is black screen (single user mode is working fine). Any ideas what could be the reason?  

Is there any chance to get Discord invitation?

https://discord.gg/w6Y9GkJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone/ I'm trying to set up OpenCore on my i5 2500k/Asus P8P67 with High Sierra. I'm not sure if it will work given the age of the hardware.

I've managed to configure the quirks for fwruntimeservices as I can now get past "End Randomseed". However I now get stuck here..

Can anyone advise what night be going wrong/what part of the config needs looking at?

Kind regards,

Pablo.

EDIT - Realised I have some power management issues to sort as Clover was doing it for me before.

HS KP.JPG

Edited by el pablo

On 10/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, vandroiy2012 said:

Ha-ha. Native Apple Bless protocol works 100%. Tried to update your AMI firmware with Apple ROM:hysterical:

It happened because of outdated Apple Boot ROM version in OpenCore. Either you use outdated BIOSVersion with Automatic-false in PlatformInfo->SMBIOS, or (if you use Automatic=true) BIOSVersion in OpenCore sources are outdated.  

So perfect. Updated to 10.13.6 2019-006 today and didn’t need to touch anything. Startup disk assignments were handled perfectly by OC bless. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, Ellybz said:

I was also interested in using OC only with Custom Entries  ( Hiding the "Recovery" options for all OSX versions in the picker ). I was able to able to boot from the custom entries on APFS formatted drives ( NVMe & SATA ) on both Mojave & Catalina. ( see path below, taken from OC Bootlog ) However If I don't add the APFS Scan ( bit 8 ), the entries appear in the bootpicker but the image cannot be loaded. I tried several options.

At this point Custom entries for OSX become irrelevant because OSX will appear in the picker regardless.

I wish OC had an option to hide specific volumes...Maybe someone has an idea to go around it?

You can select which default volume to boot by going into System Preference -> Startup Disk -> Select the system you want to use to start up your computer.

i got kernel panic on shutdown so it won't shut instead doing reboot (on Clover it's not a problem)

here i attach my OC Folder and the panic message

hope someone could help my problem

IMG_2497.jpg

Edited by aziiz3

**** Edit: Solved ****

I disabled CSM, and I think that was what made it work.

I also generated a new DSDT.aml from Clover.

Audio works, Radeon VII works. Doing some cosmetics, adding device properties so the hardware shows under PCI in System Profiler.

I will probably move from Clover to OpenCore after some testing. Thank's devs!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone would like to help me with moving from Clover to OpenCore. I spent several hours reading about the installation and trying to get my OC USB boot into Catalina 10.15.1 without success. All works very well with Clover, but obviously I'm configuring OC wrong in some way.

My system: Maximus Formula VIII with a Core i7-6700K, 64GB RAM, AMD Radeon VII. I've disabled the iGPU in BIOS [Settings to: PEG] because I'm using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 which I've read is the best when using Radeon VII.

Running OC build 0.5.3 built October 31.

What I tried so far:

Running with and without ACPI EC, USB .aml files

Using and not usingUSBInjectAll.

Tested to patch AppleRTC, and not.

Using agdpmod=pikera, and not.

The system hangs shortly After "com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded", which I've read somewhere could be something relating to graphics issues, because it starts to load after that. But I don't know what I can do more about the graphics configuration then run the latest WEG and trying with/without agdpmod=pikera.

I've attached my OC config.plist and an image from about where it hangs.

Grateful if someone could provide me with a solution or tips that can help me!

Cheers,

image.png.be43aa0989e0b8a562fb8131f94b28c6.pngconfig.plist

Edited by Thegn

10 hours ago, Remington said:

You can select which default volume to boot by going into System Preference -> Startup Disk -> Select the system you want to use to start up your computer.

I already know that but that's not what I'm trying to achieve. I wish to hide specific volumes that have either some versions of OSX or their recovery partition; so the picker shows me only exactly what I want & in a specific order :).

Edited by Ellybz

4 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

OpenCore shows everything bootable in the sense of what it considers bootable (i.e. macOS by bless and standard UEFI path). If you do not want to boot something, do not have it bootable, which will also save you a bit of storage space.

Because I already have dedicated drives with Vanilla installs of OSX, I really don't care about the recovery partition.  Are you suggesting that I can delete it safely?

Edited by Ellybz

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Ellybz If you are not going to use HFSPlus with FileVault 2, I wouldn't know why not at the moment. Just re-create it if you ever need it

Cleaner. :thumbsup_anim:

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 12.59.06 PM.png

Edited by Ellybz

While updating from 10.15 to 10.15.1 after the first step installation and reboot, it panic with this message, help me getting thru this.

i attach the panic message and my OC Files

68A69AA6-0971-4D78-8E08-C55FD001990C.jpeg

Edited by aziiz3

On 10/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, Cesco92 said:

Hello, OpenCore is giving me this error "Found legacy AptioMemoryFix driver!" but I'm using the one bundled in the latest package (v0.5.1). Anybody knows how to help me? Thanks a lot.

EFI.zip

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks

Edited by Cesco92