OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

So I recently went back to hackintoshing, and decided to use OC, and just a few days ago I got a 10.15 update I'm guessing is 10.15.1. Anyway I thought why not try updating and see what happens. It seems to reboot into the macOS Installer, shows it start an install stating it has 20 minutes left, after about 6 seconds the screen goes blank, I see verbose commands run down the screen real quick and then it reboots, starting a loop. I was able to get into the boot menu and force it back into MacOS, I'm just curious if this is something I can manage to fix or if I'll have to always do reinstalls to update.

3 minutes ago, SionicIon said:

So I recently went back to hackintoshing, and decided to use OC, and just a few days ago I got a 10.15 update I'm guessing is 10.15.1. Anyway I thought why not try updating and see what happens. It seems to reboot into the macOS Installer, shows it start an install stating it has 20 minutes left, after about 6 seconds the screen goes blank, I see verbose commands run down the screen real quick and then it reboots, starting a loop. I was able to get into the boot menu and force it back into MacOS, I'm just curious if this is something I can manage to fix or if I'll have to always do reinstalls to update.

there are a few reboots that take place when updating some times 2 or 3 till mac os install is gone

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, errorexists said:

there are a few reboots that take place when updating some times 2 or 3 till mac os install is gone

Tried again, it's stuck in a loop, it's restarted 11 times so far to the same macOS install that just restarts after 5-6 seconds.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, UefiBooter said:

This was covered just a few posts ago.........

To enable StartupDisk Pane to select the 'Default' boot option you need

#1 Working NVRAM

#2 RequestBootVarRouting set to TRUE

#3 FwRuntimeServices.efi loaded.

RequestBootVarRouting

This quirk requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi. The quirk lets default boot entry preservation at times when firmwares delete incompatible boot entries. Simply said, you are required to enable this quirk to be able to reliably use Startup Disk preference pane in a firmware that is not compatible with macOS boot entries by design.

Sorry for getting back to you so late after your reply. Unfortunately, FwRuntimeServices.efi and Emulated NVRAM just flat out doesn't seem to work on my board. I've poured over the PDF documentation, my BIOS options, posted EFI folders, and every Forum and Reddit post that I can find.

It seems I'm stuck with Clover until there's better OpenCore support for my new MoBo (Gigabyte Designare Z390). :(

9 hours ago, obus said:

Hi @justin

I have now  0xB0503. Converted that will be 722179.

This combination reads as:

OC_SCAN_FILE_SYSTEM_LOCK 

OC_SCAN_DEVICE_LOCK
OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_APFS
OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_SATA 

OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_SASEX 

OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_ESP

OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_NVME

OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_ESP allows to scan EFI System partition wich means that my EFI partition-map will show up as a separate boot option in Boot menu together with my Windows boot option.

Is there a way to hide only the EFI boot option in Boot menu and keep just the Windows boot option in Boot menu?

I have Windows on a separate disk.

Set HideSelf=YES

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickdb93 said:

Sorry for getting back to you so late after your reply. Unfortunately, FwRuntimeServices.efi and Emulated NVRAM just flat out doesn't seem to work on my board. I've poured over the PDF documentation, my BIOS options, posted EFI folders, and every Forum and Reddit post that I can find.

It seems I'm stuck with Clover until there's better OpenCore support for my new MoBo (Gigabyte Designare Z390). :(

I have no idea what you are talking about. GA Z390 is and should be very easy to implement with OC.

This is your third post in this forum. How can you blame lack of support without posting your EFI, PCIe configuration or boot Logs. 

Maybe you are expecting someone to give you a magical answer? :whistle:

Stay positive my friend...

5 hours ago, moozuki said:

Just spent most of the day trying to solve this. Still get "unable to load kernel cache (0x0E) ". If I don't get help I will have to go back to Clover since OC will not boot the new OS.

1. Remove EFICheckDisabler.kext and it's item in config.plist, why the heck did you use that kext.

2. set DisableVariableWrite=YES, if your motherboard does not have a HARDWARE NVRAM. you need to check that by your self. 

3. notes for SSDT-PLUG.aml, is your CPU at _PR_.CPU0 or _SB_.PR00, check that with your DSDT. 

4. if you can turn off CFG LOCK in your BIOS, then set AppleCpuPmCfgLock=NO, AppleXcpmCfgLock=NO

5. you set ScanPolicy=1117955, that's mess, it will not scan your NVME drive if you have one, set it to 0 for god sake. 

3 hours ago, SionicIon said:

Hmm, I could try again, but it seemed to happen at least 5 times and that's when I thought it was in a loop.

the first time boot from USB, choose Install macOS xxxx, after that, it will reboot, you will see a new item in boot menu named macOS Installer, choose that for the rest of reboots, until it disappear, then you can boot into your newly installed by selecting the volume name, is this clear to you?

2 hours ago, nickdb93 said:

First of all, Z390 does not have a Working NVRAM, you need to set DisableVariableWrite=YES to make it work. 

Hi, trying to move my old build from clover to opencore. But opencore just freeze "Prelinked status - Success" nothing happened after that, the Same machine is booting Catalina just fine with clover.

Attached screenshot of last error, my config.plist, last opencore boot log and EFI directory.

Need help in diagnosing what I am doing wrong.

IMG_20191021_131657.jpg

config.plist

EFI.zip

opencore-2019-10-21-074411.txt

40 minutes ago, Mihoko Okayami said:

@Download-Fritz Ah, I probably misunderstood the documentation then: x

I want to start automatically on the disk configured in the MacOS control panel, without having to choose at OpenCore startup.

So if I understand correctly, there is still need of a timeout of 1s ?

Sorry for my very low English level :ph34r:

I use timeout 1 myself. Gets the job done.

49 minutes ago, Mihoko Okayami said:

@Download-Fritz Ah, I probably misunderstood the documentation then: x

I want to start automatically on the disk configured in the MacOS control panel, without having to choose at OpenCore startup.

So if I understand correctly, there is still need of a timeout of 1s ?

Sorry for my very low English level :ph34r:

Set any value, but only not zero.
It can do to you it is useful therefore set 5-10 
Use ShowPicker=No that loading was without waiting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NavHac said:

Hi, trying to move my old build from clover to opencore. But opencore just freeze "Prelinked status - Success" nothing happened after that, the Same machine is booting Catalina just fine with clover.

Anyone Please.

6 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Then it mean you have wrong ACPI/DSDT patched. OpenCore bootloader will force Windows to use your patched ACPI / DSDT in Patched folder

first of all I didn't use DSDT patch I have SSDTs

when I put Microsoft folder on /EFI/OC then windows boot automatically  No selection show me

I have already entry /EFI/OC/Microsoft/bootmgfw.efi into Misc/BlessOverride

second I have no boot entry option on my bois

sorry for my poor English my native language is arabic

27 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Then it mean you have wrong ACPI/DSDT patched. OpenCore bootloader will force Windows to use your patched ACPI / DSDT in Patched folder

I have no issue dual booting with clover bootloader 

order to work just I rename CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgfw.efi and windows bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi  working perfectly  I hope that you got understand

16 minutes ago, anmool said:

I have no issue dual booting with clover bootloader 

order to work just I rename CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgfw.efi and windows bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi  working perfectly  I hope that you got understand

This is OPENCORE BOOTLOADER not CLOVER. You got it????

CLOVER won't use your patched DSDT / ACPI table to Windows or linux if you boot with it (CLOVER), but with Open Core Bootloader if you have PATCHED ACPI TABLE / DSDT then OPEN CORE BOOTLOADER will FORCE to use it to Windows and LINUX. You got now buddy???

5 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

This is OPENCORE BOOTLOADER not CLOVER. You got it????

CLOVER won't use your patched DSDT / ACPI table to Windows or linux if you boot with it (CLOVER), but with Open Core Bootloader if you have PATCHED ACPI TABLE / DSDT then OPEN CORE BOOTLOADER will FORCE to use it to Windows and LINUX. You got now buddy???

when I put Microsoft folder on /EFI/OC then windows boot automatically  I can't see partition selection during boot

I didn't say issue with windows I tested but I never see gui during boot 

directly boot windows

3 minutes ago, anmool said:

when I put Microsoft folder on /EFI/OC then windows boot automatically  I can't see partition selection during boot

I didn't say issue with windows I tested but I never see gui during boot 

directly boot windows

Did macOS and Windows use separate EFI folder???