OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aben said:

Sorry I mean't XCPM patches for Ivy-Bridge to get X86PlatformPlugin and PM to work on 10.13.6 using OC.

I hope @PMheart can help me find Ivy bootstrap patches for 10.13.6 since Clover spoiled me with KernelXCPM auto patches 

Edit: Finally fixed XCPM kernel panic by using @PMheart's AppleX86PlatformPluginInjector with patched MAC-BoardID, Ivy-Bridge now running flawless on OC 0.5.1 with full Power Management. Thanks to all developers and OpenCore Team for this amazing bootloader. Goodbye Clover, you were good to me. Cant wait to experience the future OpenCore development in action.

Hey can you share your OpenCore folder?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@obus It is a bug in the current DEBUG build documented in the Changelog, this error happens when an "Arguments" field is empty. It does not affect RELEASE or master DEBUG builds

Tested with the Release version 0.5.1 with "FailSafe empty Arguments string" and got the same result as previous test, stuck at boot menu.

OpenCore is loading but can't find any APFS/recovery volume  to boot on. If I put in my USB recovery pen drive I use for my other two (fully working) rigs when I want to do a recovery, the RecoveryImage.dmg pops up in boot menu and start loading but fail before boot into recovery.

Is this a problem with my firmware in my HP laptop or with my config.plist, or could it be a problem with OC or maybe a bug in OC?

I feel Iv'e get no serious response in this matter. People just more and less telling me that this is a "noob" problem with my config.plist (read the manual and so on.) It might be a part of the problem but even if I should have some problem with my configuration my rig should at least boot up and then crash. I'm not an expert but I'm not a noob neither. I have two fully working rigs with OpenCore but I never had experienced a problem like this. Clover is working flawlessly on this laptop and I'm quite sure that that should be the case with OpenCore too, if I can solve this boot problem.

I attach the last log with Debug version and my used config.plist.

Is there any of you devs how could try to shed some lights over my problem?

config.plist

opencore-2019-10-15-155211.txt

@obus I'm not spending much time to read user reports right now because I want to use my time off on the OC crypto stack

"FailSafe empty Arguments string", what is this supposed to be? it must *not* be empty in DEBUG, currently

Try with non-empty "Arguments" and current DEBUG, or leave the field alone and compile master DEBUG (bug fixed there)

Edited by Download-Fritz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@obus I'm not spending much time to read user reports right now because I want to use my time off on the OC crypto stack

"FailSafe empty Arguments string", what is this supposed to be? it must *not* be empty in DEBUG, currently

Try with non-empty "Arguments" and current DEBUG, or leave the field alone and compile master DEBUG (bug fixed there)

8.6 Entry Properties

1. Arguments
    Type: plist string
    Failsafe: Empty string
    Description: Arbitrary ASCII string used as boot arguments (load options) of the specified entry.

This is what I mean with "FailSafe empty Arguments string".

Try to read what I men instead of treat me like an idiot!

Secondely above is not my problem. The problem is that I can't boot with OpenCore if you care to read what I've wrote previously . 

Edited by obus

@obus Let me clarify. You are asking me for help, and I am on limited time to dedicate for this kind of request, so I will read, think and respond as long or short as I see fit to suit my available resources, not more and not less. I have explained the bug, you have not avoided the bug with obvious and explained ways, but instead re-provide the same kind of useless log in every post. Yet, I had been patient, I told you the possible ways again, and yet I do not see the log in the fashion it had been requested. I'm not sure what you are expecting from me, but whatever it is, you are not going to get it. I will not dedicate a single second more to this until we have an actually useful log.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@obus, the configuration document is correct, but there is a bug in 0.5.1-DEBUG release.

to work around the bug either add some dummy value into each of your <Arguments> entries such as "Bypass" as this will prevent the ASSERT stop you are seeing.

or you can build the source from the repo as the bug has been fixed.

easiest for you is to add dummy values into each of the Argument entries as indicated above.

16 minutes ago, UefiBooter said:

its a different problem if you have added dummy value. but yeah better to wait for a 1.x.x release in your circumstance.

Ok here is the log from a new compiled 0.5.2 OC version.

It is telling me exactly the same as the old one or?

opencore-2019-10-16-101413.txt

Edited by obus

On 10/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, jsl2000 said:

Big thanks to Shaneee & darc without their help I can not get OC 0.5.0 working.

Booting with OC 0.5.0 in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh got instant reboot at 10.15 (19A583), but working well at 10.13.6, 10.14.5, & 10.14.6.

My config.plist & OC.zip were attached

How to fix it ?

[Solved]

There's no error in my OC folder.

It got reboot because it tried to update from 19A583 to 19A602 by itself.

Allowed completing update by Clover, it can work by OC again !

config.plist

OC.zip

Edited by jsl2000

1 hour ago, obus said:

Ok here is the log from a new compiled 0.5.2 OC version.

It is telling me exactly the same as the old one or?

opencore-2019-10-16-101413.txt

OC finds only the ESP it itself is installed on, tries to boot itself, detects nested boot and aborts, that's it.

Make sure ConnectDrivers is on and HFSPlus/ApfsDriverLoader are current and working

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

OC finds only the ESP it itself is installed on, tries to boot itself, detects nested boot and aborts, that's it.

Make sure ConnectDrivers is on and HFSPlus/ApfsDriverLoader are current and working

All my drivers and kext are up to date, downloaded today from official site. I swapped the HFSPlus.efi to VBoxHfs.efi and tested again with the same result.

My latest HP firmware works perfect with "native" NVRAM in Clover so problems with HP firmware shouldn't be the culprit.

So I put the question again. Is it something wrong with my config.plist or is it something with OpenCore?

Can I do some further reserch myself or is the problem unresolvable with OpenCore and My laptop?

Edited by obus

Infact, it is a "problem" with the HP firmware. If it's not a literal bug, it's an unexpected state, because the only other person to ever report similar behaviour experienced it on a HP laptop as well. It's not impossible it's a problem with OC, if you want to test further, load the drivers from Shell and run "reconnect -r" before launching OC... it might work if you exit Shell again from within OC too, but not sure

Edited by Download-Fritz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Infact, it is a "problem" with the HP firmware. If it's not a literal bug, it's an unexpected state, because the only other person to ever report similar behaviour experienced it on a HP laptop as well. It's not impossible it's a problem with OC, if you want to test further, load the drivers from Shell and run "reconnect -r" before launching OC... it might work if you exit Shell again too, but not sure

Tested without success.

Giving up for the moment.

Hey friends,

I've been up and running for a few months now. Im loving the simplicity of this since getting my head around most of it. Im about to enter a busy season of work and wanted to do a little check up to see if there's anything I should be doing differently. Does anyone care to look these over and see if "I done good" for me? No sweat if not. I feel like I've checked all the boxes.

Archive 2.zip

On 10/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, obus said:

Thank's for showing interest. Can you help me solving this problem you will be my hero of the year:)

Here is my complete EFI-folder.

EFI_OC_0.5.2_Debug.zip

Try this.. replace OC and BOOT folder with this

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

What are the necessary Quirks to fix Big Apple boot logo, in short words here is my explained problem:

Disabling CSM does show correct size of Apple Boot Logo and OC display scaling correctly but as soon as Apple Logo reaches 60% when it blinks, screen get's garbled like this:

CSM_OFF.thumb.jpg.9fc8bbd046aeeddff248fed7de02dbe2.jpg

However if i close and open the lid (without waiting for sleep, the screen comes back to normal

The second option is leaving CSM enabled shows Massive Apple Logo progress bar like this:

1.thumb.jpg.32d0243d1596ae7b88dbfa22466368c5.jpg

And when it reaches 60% of the apple boot logo bar (when screen blinks), it goes back to normal and glitches don't occur:

2.thumb.jpg.bf57ea6cddfc95e3b9e7dc2fc600498d.jpg

So with CSM disabled i get glitchy screen, how to fix that (closing and opening lid is a workaround but it's pain in the a..)

CSM enabled Huge OC text (small resolution) and huge apple logo but no glitch (possibly a fix for this if none for glitchy screen with csm disabled)

Here is my EFI.zip

13 minutes ago, Sniki said:

Hi everyone,

What are the necessary Quirks to fix Big Apple boot logo, in short words here is my explained problem:

Disabling CSM does show correct size of Apple Boot Logo and OC display scaling correctly but as soon as Apple Logo reaches 60% when it blinks, screen get's garbled like this:

CSM_OFF.thumb.jpg.9fc8bbd046aeeddff248fed7de02dbe2.jpg

However if i close and open the lid (without waiting for sleep, the screen comes back to normal

The second option is leaving CSM enabled shows Massive Apple Logo progress bar like this:

1.thumb.jpg.32d0243d1596ae7b88dbfa22466368c5.jpg

And when it reaches 60% of the apple boot logo bar (when screen blinks), it goes back to normal and glitches don't occur:

2.thumb.jpg.bf57ea6cddfc95e3b9e7dc2fc600498d.jpg

So with CSM disabled i get glitchy screen, how to fix that (closing and opening lid is a workaround but it's pain in the a..)

CSM enabled Huge OC text (small resolution) and huge apple logo but no glitch (possibly a fix for this if none for glitchy screen with csm disabled)

Here is my EFI.zip

Try ProvideConsoleGop=Yes

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Try this.. replace OC and BOOT folder with this

EFI.zip

Sorry but that EFI dosen't work. Stuck at boot menu. Stuck at:StartImage failed- Not Found. 

It was no debug version so I can't provide any logs.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by obus
still stuck at:StartImage failed- Not Found

43 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Try ProvideConsoleGop=Yes

Thanks @Andrey1970

With CSM disabled that didn't fix the glitch, so it's a firmware issue,

However i managed to fix with CSM enabled, i set ConsoleMode and Resolution to Max, that fixed the big Apple logo and with CSM enabled the glitch doesn't occur so problem is solved.

Hello.

ASUS K501UQ laptop, trying to run it with OpenCore 0.5.1. Getting

55:905 00:054 OCABC: MMIO devirt end
65:961 10:056 OC: Boot failed - Aborted
66:201 00:240 OCC: Configuring behaviour 0
66:256 00:054 OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted

OC folder and log are attached.

Also a couple things that I'm not sure about.

I'm using patched DSDT due to extensive battery and eGPU patches. I'm not sure in what order OC goes about patching/inserting/dropping tables. Specifically, I see in log

Patching DSDT of 156035 bytes with 0000000000000000 ID replaced 1 of 0

and then 

Replaced DSDT of 157634 bytes into ACPI

Does that mean that if I provide custom DSDT, I must apply all patches manually?

OC.zip

opencore-2019-10-17-110303.txt

On 10/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, jsl2000 said:

In Z87 hackintosh booting OpenCore 0.5.1 got a different frozen as shown here

How to fix it with my OpenCore folder attached here too:

Only removal of AMD R9 290X GPU  can work on Intel HD 4600 alone now !

[Solved]

Need disable Thunderbolt, Fast Boot, & CSM in BIOS.

OC.zip

IMG_0246.JPG

Edited by jsl2000

I gave a try to new feature in OpenCore  MmioWhitelist and I’m a bit confused, because in doc one can read that this feature can reduce stolen memory from 64 to 256 megabytes, in my log it states 0KB saved. Is it how it suppose to look like?

Untitled.png.8a7111278bcffdd0229c4d8c16557cdf.png

Edited by hardcorehenry