OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Delete APPLE folder.

Source code it isn't necessary to upload here.

Deleting APPLE didn't fix it.... I'm uploading screenshots (using Pantheon file manager on gnome...) of the directory.  The whole thing didn't fit into the window so there's two overlapping screenshots.

Screenshot from 2019-10-13 15-52-21.png

Screenshot from 2019-10-13 15-52-37.png

19 hours ago, UefiBooter said:

To enable StartupDisk Pane to select the 'Default' boot option you need

#1 Working NVRAM

#2 RequestBootVarRouting set to TRUE

#3 FwRuntimeServices.efi loaded.

RequestBootVarRouting

This quirk requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi. The quirk lets default boot entry preservation at times when firmwares delete incompatible boot entries. Simply said, you are required to enable this quirk to be able to reliably use Startup Disk preference pane in a firmware that is not compatible with macOS boot entries by design.

@UefiBooter

I struggle to address #1, I guess that my H97M-plus does not have native NVRAM. Emulated NVRAM does not retain values across reboots. 

Edited by bittantone

Hello, I'm trying to use OpenCore on a fresh Mojave install, but I cannot find a way to boot the installer. I suppose there is something wrong with AHCI but I have no clue on how to fix it. I'm uploading my EFI folder and a screen of the verbose boot before it hangs, in case anyone would like to help me. Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

verbose-boot.jpg.f37feb6e43cd1d14577370b736a44c9a.jpg

EFI.zip

59 minutes ago, Cesco92 said:

Hello, I'm trying to use OpenCore on a fresh Mojave install, but I cannot find a way to boot the installer. I suppose there is something wrong with AHCI but I have no clue on how to fix it. I'm uploading my EFI folder and a screen of the verbose boot before it hangs, in case anyone would like to help me. Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

verbose-boot.jpg.f37feb6e43cd1d14577370b736a44c9a.jpg

EFI.zip

What version of OC is this? The config is missing a ton of things if its the latest release. Also you have nothin filled out in the Generic section except the model, you need to fill everything out. Please go read the docs.

12 hours ago, birdbird said:

Deleting APPLE didn't fix it.... I'm uploading screenshots (using Pantheon file manager on gnome...) of the directory.  The whole thing didn't fit into the window so there's two overlapping screenshots.

Screenshot from 2019-10-13 15-52-21.png

Screenshot from 2019-10-13 15-52-37.png

You Need to compress it FIRST then upload it

14 hours ago, Pavo said:

What version of OC is this? The config is missing a ton of things if its the latest release. Also you have nothin filled out in the Generic section except the model, you need to fill everything out. Please go read the docs.

It's the one from this guide: https://github.com/khronokernel/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore, because I wasn't unable to make the latest one work (I got stuck at the message "Failed to parse data field of type 1"). As for the platforminfo I tried filling them in, but I got the same boot error. I tried of course reading the documentation pdf but I couldn't understand it. Is there anything simpler? Is there a place where I could find a basic EFI folder to start with? I'm having problem also with Clover (totally black screen after the motherboard logo, cannot reach the boot menu) and I fill like I'm stuck and I don't know how to proceed. I had a perfectly working hackintosh for years and then suddenly everything stopped working. Thanks a lot.

i think people kind of jumped the gun with these guides and tools.

its still in early development with possible changes that with each new version can cause breakages.

best to follow the excellent documentation that accompanies the official release rather than these other guides which appear outdated.

• Like 3

Small advice. Don’t get rid of Sample.plist from last build, save somewhere. After building the newest commit from GitHub open terminal enter opendiff drag and drop previous Sample.plist and the newest one and press enter, so you can avoid a lots of “surprieses”:)

Edited by hardcorehenry

Hi all.

Struggling to get my HP-840 G1 (Core i5 HD 4400) to work with OpenCore 0.5.1. Anybody with experience from this laptop?

Stuck at boot menu. It seems that Oc can't find my boot partition.

Everything works fine with clover.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

opencore-2019-10-14-154709.txt

config.plist

Edited by obus
attached config.plist

1 minute ago, nickdb93 said:

OpenCore does not remember my last boot choice selection. How do I go about fixing this, or changing the default boot choice?

This was covered just a few posts ago.........

To enable StartupDisk Pane to select the 'Default' boot option you need

#1 Working NVRAM

#2 RequestBootVarRouting set to TRUE

#3 FwRuntimeServices.efi loaded.

RequestBootVarRouting

This quirk requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi. The quirk lets default boot entry preservation at times when firmwares delete incompatible boot entries. Simply said, you are required to enable this quirk to be able to reliably use Startup Disk preference pane in a firmware that is not compatible with macOS boot entries by design.

1 hour ago, UefiBooter said:

RequestBootVarRouting

This quirk requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi. The quirk lets default boot entry preservation at times when firmwares delete incompatible boot entries. Simply said, you are required to enable this quirk to be able to reliably use Startup Disk preference pane in a firmware that is not compatible with macOS boot entries by design.

What does it mean by "requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi"

Is it implemented when you compile or is there a command switch to do so.

12 hours ago, obus said:

Hi all.

Struggling to get my HP-840 G1 (Core i5 HD 4400) to work with OpenCore 0.5.1. Anybody with experience from this laptop?

Stuck at boot menu. It seems that Oc can't find my boot partition.

Everything works fine with clover.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

opencore-2019-10-14-154709.txt

config.plist

Just my opinion: take a look at ScanPolicy (maybe), complete maxKernel/minKernel for all yours kexts. 

Config sample plist:

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<integer>983299</integer>

• Like 1

There's a really easy way to see quickly the changes that have occurred  between OC Versions. ( I also recommend reading the docs :lol: )

Rename every sample.plist that are attached in OC releases/ Docs / sample.plist with their version:

Ex: 

opencore 5.0 -> OC50sample.plist

opencore 5.2 -> OC52sample.plist

Put both configs in your home folder, open terminal and type:

opendiff OC50Sample.plist OC52Sample.plist

Xcode will open Filemerge app.

The changes are highlighted in blue ( see example below )

Make the changes of your new config.plist accordingly.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.03.55 PM.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Just my opinion: take a look at ScanPolicy (maybe), complete maxKernel/minKernel for all yours kexts. 

Config sample plist:

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
<integer>983299</integer>

Thank's for response. Edited max and min kernel with success. 

Changed ScanPolicy from > 0 to > 983299 according to your suggestions and now I getting this result:

IMG_0478.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, obus said:

Thank's for response. Edited max and min kernel with success. 

Changed ScanPolicy from > 0 to > 983299 according to your suggestions and now I getting this result:

It is no my suggestion: this value is mentioned in Sample.plist :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

It is no my suggestion: this value is mentioned in Sample.plist :)

Yea I know that is the so called "default" value.

The only value taking me to boot menu is 0.

11 minutes ago, UefiBooter said:

post your config.plist somewhere such as pastebin.com removing any sensitive information.

Here we go.

(the config.plist was actually attached in my earlier post)

config.plist

Edited by obus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UefiBooter said:

first read the manual and fill out the empty values in Generic

MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber

I just took that away. I don't want that information here.

Its all there in the original config.plist

Edited by obus

ok try booting with just the basic drivers and kexts

ie just Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen and AppleALC.

remove AudiioDxe.efi and BootChimeDxe.efi

see how far you get

oh and use DEBUG versions until you get it sorted

Edited by UefiBooter