OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

I have a gigabyte h370n,  running opencore 0.5.2. LogoutHook is working and writes nvram.plist to EFI partition. I also did the following in config.plist DisableVariableWrite:YES, LegacyEnable:YES, ExposeSensitiveData:0x3. but when it boots, it does not seem to be reading nvram.plist.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:21 PM, taga said:

i have the same problem opencore catalina 5.0.1 install ,  

How did you solve this problem? please

installer error "an error occurred while verifying firmware" as it turns out that my FirmwareFuture was set incorrectly. 

my old clover config was FF ->0xFC 0F E1 37 <FC0FE137 00000000> and FFM -> 0xff1fff3f <ff1fff3f 00000000> and I got error. hehe but now as I look at it I can see it's wrong.i need to do byte swap.

so my old config would be FF <37 e1 0f fc 00000000>, FFM <3f ff 1f ff 0000000>. I need to try this.thx

so I set as in opencore boot sample config plist

PlatformInfo->SMBIOS->

FirmwareFuture <37e10fe8 00000000> new <37 e1 0f fc 00000000>

FirmwareFeaturesMask <3fff1fff 00000000> ok

PlatformInfo->PlatformNVRAM->

FirmwareFuture <37e10fe8 00000000> new <37 e1 0f fc 00000000>

FirmwareFeaturesMask <3fff1fff 00000000>

you can try as described in OpenCore documents. Failsafe is :

PlatformFeature

Type: plist integer, 32-bit
Failsafe: 0xFFFFFFF

1. FirmwareFeatures
    Type: plist data, 8 bytes
    Failsafe: 0

FirmwareFuture <FFFFFFF 00000000>

FirmwareFeaturesMask <00000000 00000000> remove this.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:25 AM, Andres ZeroCross said:

Hi Pavo
I used your OCBuilder and created attached EFI. I am stuck at the point shown in attached snapshot. I had the same issue some time ago with Clover but I do not remember how I solved it.

EFI.zip

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-12 at 7.08.10 PM.jpeg

Edited by dogansan

34 minutes ago, dogansan said:

Hi Pavo
I used your OCBuilder and created attached EFI. I am stuck at the point shown in attached snapshot. I had the same issue some time ago with Clover but I do not remember how I solved it.

EFI.zip

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-12 at 7.08.10 PM.jpeg

OCBuilder only compiles the latest comments to the repos and puts them into a correctly EFI structured folder. Its still up to the user to setup the config correctly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

OCBuilder only compiles the latest comments to the repos and puts them into a correctly EFI structured folder. Its still up to the user to setup the config correctly.

Is it possible to tell me what is the issue , by looking at this snapshot of boot log ?

Hey guys, I have 2 HDD in my laptop (1 NVME Windows/Ubuntu and 1 SATA Mac install with OC EFI). OpenCore will show my Windows login with ScanPolicy=0, but when trying to use it, it comes up 'System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults." What would the reason for that be? Is it because my Windows install is on a different boot device then my OC install or that each drive has it's own EFI folder with different Boot\bootx64.efi?

I just need clarification on why this is happening as I do want the choice to be able to boot into Windows from OC. Clover does allow me to boot into both Windows and Ubuntu.

2 minutes ago, dogansan said:

Is it possible to tell me what is the issue , by looking at this snapshot of boot log ?

Well there are a few things from what I can see that are wrong.

- SSDT for SAT0 device isn't correct.

- Looks like you are using FakeSMC and VirtualSMC at the same time. One one or the other but not both.

- Whatever driver you are using for Accusys is messed up.

Without knowing what system specs are I can't determine what is wrong and right.

41 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Well there are a few things from what I can see that are wrong.

- SSDT for SAT0 device isn't correct.

- Looks like you are using FakeSMC and VirtualSMC at the same time. One one or the other but not both.

- Whatever driver you are using for Accusys is messed up.

Without knowing what system specs are I can't determine what is wrong and right.

thanks for help. I deleted FakeSMC and ACS6x.kext from L/E and made off SSDT in config.plist. Now, I see some progress but still no full booting and login. I am using a USB as boot device , it seems my signature is not seen at the bottom, my systems spec are as follows:

Desktop PC : Intel Core i7 3370K  | ASUS Maximus Formula V |ASUS R7 370 | DDR3 (2x8GB) RGB | 82579V Gigabit LAN  | Broadcom BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n+ Bluetooth | macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Beta 19B68f, Linux , Mojave  and Windows Enterprise 10 Build 1903 (Bootloader : Clover r5080 + OpenCore 0.5.1 not yet)

20191013_211249.jpg

Edited by dogansan

19 hours ago, bittantone said:

Here I am again, asking for advices.

I've been trying to replace "ShowPicker" with "Default" in the OC configuration, because I'd like to get a vanilla experience.

In particular, I'd like to start MacOS by default, occasionally switching to Windows through the startup utility. As far as I understand, the option "Default" should do the trick.

Unfortunately, it is not working. I select "Macintosh HD" from the startup utility, but when I reboot the following error pops up:

OCS: No schema for Default at 3 index!

Any input?

config.plist

opencorelog.txt

up :(

6 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@xXiGeniusXx The log clearly indicates boot.efi calls ExitBootServices(), but its usual output is missing. Please refer to the manual about ConsoleControl configuration and the ProvideConsoleGop quirk. Boot verbose

@Download-Fritz Just wanted to thank you, I managed to get it working with your tips.

And boy is it faster! It's very very faster compared to Clover even in its beta stages!!! Great job and kudos to the developers behind this.

For anyone who's struggling to get OpenCore working on Intel 6 Series and Ivy Bridge CPUs, I've attached my config.plist.

config.plist

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

You does nonsense.

Can you explain me why what I’m doing is non-sense? The Configuration manual is not so clear on the topic of UsePicker...I’d like to boot MacOS by default and sometimes Windows, how can I achieve this?

The guide says:

“Default — this is the default option, and it lets OpenCore built-in boot picker to loads the default boot option as specified in Startup Disk preference pane.”

but it does not specify where to set the “Default” mode.

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, bittantone said:

Can you explain me why what I’m doing is non-sense? The Configuration manual is not so clear on the topic of UsePicker...I’d like to boot MacOS by default and sometimes Windows, how can I achieve this?

The guide says:

“Default — this is the default option, and it lets OpenCore built-in boot picker to loads the default boot option as specified in Startup Disk preference pane.”

Thanks 

you must have working NVRAM an to set the boot in the start up section of system preferences

7 minutes ago, bittantone said:

The guide says:

Thanks 

There is no parameter with a name “Default”

To enable StartupDisk Pane to select the 'Default' boot option you need

#1 Working NVRAM

#2 RequestBootVarRouting set to TRUE

#3 FwRuntimeServices.efi loaded.

RequestBootVarRouting

This quirk requires OC_FIRMWARE_RUNTIME protocol implemented in FwRuntimeServices.efi. The quirk lets default boot entry preservation at times when firmwares delete incompatible boot entries. Simply said, you are required to enable this quirk to be able to reliably use Startup Disk preference pane in a firmware that is not compatible with macOS boot entries by design.

Edited by UefiBooter
  • Like 1

I'm trying to migrate to OpenCore from Clover.  I took my existing install, got rid of the Clover folder, set up the OC folder according to the Vanilla Guide, and also copied over the BOOT folder from the 0.51 zip file.  The only thing (AFAIK) I did different from the Vanilla Guide was keeping my existing DSDT and SSDT, which I use to get my overclock used.

When I boot into my Mac SSD, it just hangs at the BIOS screen.  No further information, just the POST and then it sits there.  As such, I'm stumped.  Possibilities:

1. My old SSDT and/or DSDT causing problems
  2. Something about the BOOTx64.efi file?  Should I have kept the old one?
  3. Old NVRAM or some other thing hidden about which I need to clear out
  4. Things have changed with Catalina and the OC Vanilla Guide is out of date?

I'm running a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with an 3570k and RX 580 video card.  I've been using this as a hackintosh for years, so hopefully I can keep doing so!

On 10/13/2019 at 3:22 PM, STLVNUB said:

Post your EFI Folder

I'm only allowed to upload 10mb... I'll upload each directory in the EFI folder...

I discovered the APPLE folder under EFI has some large files:

APPLE/EXTENSIONS/Firmware.scap

APPLE/FIRMWARE/IM131.scap

Should I delete these?  The uploaded files are the rest of the stuff under EFI

Please note I deleted my SMBIOS information.  I just copied over the working values from my Clover config.  That section of the OC config.plist is intentionally empty.  Thanks!

Edited by birdbird
remove files