OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

I need some assistance on getting XPCM to work properly on a Xeon E5-2683 v3 with OpenCore v0.5.1.  With Clover all I needed was a FakeCPUID of 0x040674 along with SSDT-PLUG.aml.  When I try to emulate what Clover does with FakeCPUID by using the following with OpenCore the processors frequency scaling doesn't behave properly, performance is down, and the system hard locks frequently:

Cpuid1Data: <74 06 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>
Cpuid1Mask: <FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00>

Without doing the above the process is running max turbo frequency, and 99% utilization all of the time according to Intel Power Gadget.  The processor is also running hot for being idle, but the system is rock solid, and performance is good.  So what am I missing, or does the Cpuid1Data not perform the same function as FakeCPUID does in Clover?  Also, this behavior is the same rather I'm using Mojave or Catalina.

Thanks!

Edited by viper69

38 minutes ago, Pavo said:

You have to create them yourself and I have already posted an example of how to do renames with SSDT, but if its to hard for someone to search the forums for that example, I'll hold your hands..... Here is an example of renaming a BR1B organic device to a Apple ETH0 device for ethernet on an Asus Z9PE-D8 WS board.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Pavo", "LAN", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEX0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEX0.BR1B, DeviceObj)

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0.PEX0)
        {
            Scope (BR1B)
            {
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
            }

Device (ETH0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Thanks Pavo for the answer. I saw some examples like the one you've posted here but one thing is too see an example and another is to adapt that example to your need if you don't know how ACPI works.

Just to give you an idea

I've an ACPI patch to rename _CRS method for my touchpad so i can return what VoodooI2C wants. 

Attached you will find a screenshot of 2 patchs i'm using in OpenCore to rename _CRS and SBFG for my touchpad and here is the SSDT i've created to integrate the patches  :

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "TPD0", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.GPI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0.SBFB, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0.SBFI, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0)
    {
        Name (SBFG, ResourceTemplate ()
        {
            GpioInt (Level, ActiveLow, ExclusiveAndWake, PullDefault, 0x0000,
                "\\_SB.PCI0.GPI0", 0x00, ResourceConsumer, ,
                )
                {   // Pin list
                    0x0000
                }
        })
        Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
        {
            Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
        }
    }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.GPI0)
    {
        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
        {
            Return (0x0F)
        }
    }

Is there a way to do this only with SSDT ?

Thanks

Mattia

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 17.47.01.png

3 hours ago, Pavo said:

You are missing a ton of things that have to be in the config. Try this EFI

EFI.zip

tried your EFI, tried updating BIOS to F7 and your files, still getting the couldn't allocate runtime area, or just nothing(on attempt to load recovery partition)

HBP

1 hour ago, tmbt said:

Thanks Pavo for the answer. I saw some examples like the one you've posted here but one thing is too see an example and another is to adapt that example to your need if you don't know how ACPI works.

Just to give you an idea

I've an ACPI patch to rename _CRS method for my touchpad so i can return what VoodooI2C wants. 

Attached you will find a screenshot of 2 patchs i'm using in OpenCore to rename _CRS and SBFG for my touchpad and here is the SSDT i've created to integrate the patches  :

{

{
        {
                )
                {   // Pin list
                    0x0000
                }
        })
        {
        }
    }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.GPI0)
    {
        {
            Return (0x0F)
        }
    }

Thanks

Mattia

_CRS is a Resource Setting not a device. You can't rename Resource Methods, but you can give your own Current Resource Setting for the device. You need to figure out what exactly you are replacing in the SBFG ResourceTemplate in order to create a SSDT to do it.

1 hour ago, HBP said:

tried your EFI, tried updating BIOS to F7 and your files, still getting the couldn't allocate runtime area, or just nothing(on attempt to load recovery partition)

HBP

I have narrowed it down to something in 10.15 boot.efi does weird things with open core. I have a working OpenCore setup on the same machine(USB) using OC .3 and it boots into 10.14.6 installer just fine, but the same install if I have it boot into 10.15 gives the Error messages about not allocation runtime area. also when trying to get into the 10.14 installer with current fresh compiled OC it fails in preboot. I have tried many different EFI folders, but none (even the one I was using) seem to be able to get boot.EFI to fire off. UEFI Shell works, lets me explore the drives, but I launch Boot.efi and it Panics.

HBP

Attached, Error messages from OC .3 that mirror messages from .5.1+

TLDR:: I can get OC .3 to boot 10.14.6 installer, but will not boot 10.15 anything.  I can not get OC .5.1+ to boot any OS, even 10.14.6 installer.

System is the Z390 DESIGNARE.

IMG_1470.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

Edited by HBP

Hello -

I've tried building an OC 0.5.1 EFI using the guide for Skylake. My build is a GA z170m-d3h/Intel 6700K/Intel RX 570. I appreciate any insight as to what's wrong with the config.plist. The computer freezes after choosing the Hack volume for booting. It doesn't transition to any sort of loading of MacOS.

Thanks. 

config-sanitized.plist

10 hours ago, tmbt said:

Just to give you an idea

{

{
        {
                )
                {   // Pin list
                    0x0000
                }
        })
        {
        }
    }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.GPI0)
    {
        {
            Return (0x0F)
        }
    }

Thanks

Mattia

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 17.47.01.png

I got my VoodooI2C trackpad to work on OpenCore using Skip Count feature  you can count manually _CRS METHOD in DSDT and count _CRS METHOD without comment for example my _CRS Method 26  I put 26 skip and 1 count  if didn't work after reboot then check your System DSDT find XCRS where is apply, Sorry for my poor English

if you didn't understand  contact this https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&amp;t=8087&amp;sid=b9b492a8d81fa14154584686fad19813&amp;start=420

I appreciate to help of Onemanosx

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 5.11.08 AM.jpg

5 minutes ago, nagha said:

Hello -

I've tried building an OC 0.5.1 EFI using the guide for Skylake. My build is a GA z170m-d3h/Intel 6700K/Intel RX 570. I appreciate any insight as to what's wrong with the config.plist. The computer freezes after choosing the Hack volume for booting. It doesn't transition to any sort of loading of MacOS.

Thanks. 

config-sanitized.plist

looks like you are having the same issue I am/was having. I don't know which is worse the not do anything at all, or the unable to Alloc Error. I have had both. if you look at the last 2 -3 pages in this forum topic Pavo and others have given me pointers, but I am still stuck with a non-booting Z390. yes I know you have a Z170, but the symptoms are almost identical.

HBP

To the Acidanthera team.

I updated from OC 0.0.3 (where the trackpad.kext could not be loaded with a note that the Info.plist is missing) to OC 0.5.2 where VirtualSMC and Lilu are not loading due to a missing Info.plist. The path is correct.

On startup, there is an error "NVRAM is full, cannot log!" Could that be the issue? The NVRAM works so far.

It's an SandyBridge Laptop, the log is attached.

If necessary, I give you more infos.

OC_0.5.2.log.rtf.zip

OC_NVRAM.zip

On 10/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, justin said:

Hi Guys

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode (bootargs -x ) on Catalina 10.15? I got a black screen on the second stage, but im able to ssh into my hack, and i did some debug, logs showed here : https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/507#event-2702187778

Anyone with same issue? 

I just tested this and I get the same issue.  Not a big deal for me though as I can't remember the last time I've needed safe boot in the last 10 years.

EDIT:  I think it's an issue with AMD cards.  No issues if I remove my RX 580 and use onboard intel.  It's either an issue with macOS itself or some glitch in whatevergreen.

Edited by kjp4756
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

@ic005k It is not (directly(?)) related to OpenCore

@jsl2000 Please upload your prelinkedkernel and OC folder

Here are them:

The size of prelikedkernel.zip is > 10 MB which is not allowed to upload.

So use the link of Google Driver

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBPm4B_j9OJfY8wTnaGbDVylOEmq4MIm/view?usp=sharing

OC.zip

Edited by jsl2000

6 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@jsl2000 your prelinkedkernel is borked, rebuild it

EDIT: Sorry, incorrect, will try to investigate

Thanks for your prompt reply and waiting for your kind help again !

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@jsl2000 You don't declare ExecutablePath for VoodooTSCSyncAMD-8-Core.kext

After correcting it I got another KP as shown here:

New OC.zip was attached too for your reference.

May I use FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC which always got KP when I bootede with Clover & OpenCore ?

IMG_0244.JPG

OC.zip

Edited by jsl2000

Here I am again, asking for advices.

I've been trying to replace "ShowPicker" with "Default" in the OC configuration, because I'd like to get a vanilla experience.

In particular, I'd like to start MacOS by default, occasionally switching to Windows through the startup utility. As far as I understand, the option "Default" should do the trick.

Unfortunately, it is not working. I select "Macintosh HD" from the startup utility, but when I reboot the following error pops up:

OCS: No schema for Default at 3 index!

Any input?

config.plist

opencorelog.txt

On 10/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, Download-Fritz said:

@jsl2000 That is not a KP and has nothing to do with OC, please research that error and if unsuccessful ask in the VSMC thread

In Z87 hackintosh booting OpenCore 0.5.1 got a different frozen as shown here

How to fix it with my OpenCore folder attached here too:

IMG_0245.JPG

OC.zip

[Solved]

Removal of AMD RX-580 GPU it can work on Intel HD 4600 alone now !

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

I've been trying to migrate to OpenCore from Clover, but no matter what configuration changes I make it freezes on "Boot Menu"!

Odd thing is no log is printed to the screen, although I managed to get a text log output by installing the debug version. The log and the OC EFI folder is attached. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OC.zip

Screenshot.jpg

53 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@xXiGeniusXx The log clearly indicates boot.efi calls ExitBootServices(), but its usual output is missing. Please refer to the manual about ConsoleControl configuration and the ProvideConsoleGop quirk. Boot verbose

I couldn't boot my windows 10 partition from a same drive and how to add and find path entries for windows 10

I attached my OC

EFI.zip