OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, pinoli said:

Hello everybody,

I have just started with OpenCore and I am trying to get Catalina on my PC.

I followed the amazing OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide by khronokernel and tried to boot, but I am getting the error in the included screenshot.

oc.thumb.jpg.696a287d062acb8fda6f7f49d0f6e88c.jpg

I am on a Asus PRIME Z370-A with Intel i7 8700K, currently running latest macOS version (Mojave 10.14.6 supplemental update) with Clover.

I am using a custom SSDT-UCIA-ALL.asl that I transferred from my Clover EFi folder to my OC EFI folder. I am not using USBInjectAll.kext with OC, but I am not sure I can omit it. Anyway I am just starting, I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I also enclosed my broken.config.plist I am using with OC, please note that I removed MLB, Serial and UUID for privacy reasons and I activated FileVault support (at least I think I did)

Thanks.

P.S.: I read both khronokernel gitbook guide and the Configuration.pdf, again I am just starting with OC and not everything is still clear.

Too many acpi error about RP05.PXSX, RP09.PXSX and RP08.PXSX, It's look you have used SSDT hot Patch with acpi renaming in Clover's config.plist.

Avoid ACPI renaming. Just do it in single DSDT without hotpatch if you don't understand how to renaming acpi with OC's config.plist

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

3 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

Hi everyone,

it is just me ? ( my machine does funny things lately )

or someone else trying to build latest OC, noticed something probably is conflicting into OCSupportpkg

as Applesupportpkg now fails to build

error related to  OcCpuLib not found in OCdebugloglib by VerifyMsrE2

@LAbyOne I saw that, too

Build completes if OcSupportPkg is backed up to 5459af9, fails if OcSupportPkg is at 550c934 OcCpuLib: Expose TSC frequency retrieval API (or later)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

And what fixed my sleep/restart/shutdown was VariableRuntimeDxe.efi

without further editing of config

I thought VariableRuntimeDxe.efi is depecreated in newest version of OpenCore (AppleSupportPk's driver)

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

I'm using a h310 board without native nvram support and I'm having some trouble setting a default boot device. I see that the default way to set it up is to use Startup Disks in System Preferences and afaik this is done using nvram.  

I've set the nvram emulation up using LegacyEnable, added efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data to LegacySchema and confirmed that these values are indeed being restored but I'm still getting the first detected device as default instead of the disk I selected in Startup Disks.

I'm kind of lost here, is there anything else I could try? I've attached my (cleaned) config. I'm running OpenCore 0.5.1 compiled from source today.

config_clean.plist

Edited by yobro

12 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Looks like the problem I had, what fixed it was an ACPI patch courtesy of Andres ZeroCross

config copy.plist.zip

Thank you very much @STLVNUB, unfortunately I still get the same error, even with your patch.

Still having this problem, I am enclosing the entire EFI folder (MLB UUID and Serial have been deleted from config.plist).

12 hours ago, pinoli said:

Hello everybody,

I have just started with OpenCore and I am trying to get Catalina on my PC.

I followed the amazing OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide by khronokernel and tried to boot, but I am getting the error in the included screenshot.

oc.thumb.jpg.696a287d062acb8fda6f7f49d0f6e88c.jpg

I am on a Asus PRIME Z370-A with Intel i7 8700K, currently running latest macOS version (Mojave 10.14.6 supplemental update) with Clover.

I am using a custom SSDT-UCIA-ALL.asl that I transferred from my Clover EFi folder to my OC EFI folder. I am not using USBInjectAll.kext with OC, but I am not sure I can omit it. Anyway I am just starting, I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I also enclosed my broken.config.plist I am using with OC, please note that I removed MLB, Serial and UUID for privacy reasons and I activated FileVault support (at least I think I did)

Thanks.

P.S.: I read both khronokernel gitbook guide and the Configuration.pdf, again I am just starting with OC and not everything is still clear.

can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

EFI.zip

Edited by pinoli
edit horror fixed

Just now, pinoli said:

Thank you very much @STLVNUB, unfortunately I still get the same error, even with your patch.

Still having this problem, I am enclosing the entire EFI folder (MLB UUID and Serial have been deleted from config.plist).

can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

This could be the same error as I was seeing earlier today after updating my BIOS, you can try setting System Time and Alarm Source to Legacy RTC in BIOS instead of whatever the default is.  

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Too many acpi error about RP05.PXSX, RP09.PXSX and RP08.PXSX, It's look you have used SSDT hot Patch with acpi renaming in Clover's config.plist.

Avoid ACPI renaming. Just do it in single DSDT without hotpatch if you don't understand how to renaming acpi with OC's config.plist

sorry @Andres ZeroCross I just read your message.

It's not really clear, I don't understand where I am renaming ACPI in my OC config.plist.

I use a custom SSDT-UCIA-ALL.asl for USB mapping and no USBInjectAll.kext.

I also tried to disable my custom SSDT, install USBInjectAll.kext and use the XHCILimitPort quirk in OC, but still getting the same error: I won't get past this point.

Worth mentioning: I have CSM and VT-d disabled in BIOS.

thanks

1 minute ago, yobro said:

This could be the same error as I was seeing earlier today after updating my BIOS, you can try setting System Time and Alarm Source to Legacy RTC in BIOS instead of whatever the default is.  

I will try thanks

Running OC_EFI_Maker right now and get that's on the pic. Catalina GM is out. Can anyone just give a short info about the Release of OC as @vit9696 statet in Bugtracker there -> https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/486 Is it still Beta?

Greetz

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-05 um 21.21.52.png

Edited by karacho_ak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I thought VariableRuntimeDxe.efi is depecreated in newest version of OpenCore (AppleSupportPk's driver)

That may be the case but system works 100% with it.

• Like 1

When installing catalina i got error "an error occurred while verifying firmware" it turns out that my FirmwareFeatures ported from clover was wrong. Fixing that, install went thru just fine. Used one from sample.plis.

Missing some functionality from clover like "lastbootedvolume". When installing Macos on reboot  clover automatically selected "macOS installer" and continue installing. does this work?

1 hour ago, droples said:

Thats what I originally started with, Im not sure what you are trying to point out. I had even more "max/min kernel at # index" errors than when I went in and changed them all to Matchkernel instead. Still didn't fix the issue. And I know this is a dumb question but does it matter whether is it True/False vs No/Yes? My editor is in true/false.

1 hour ago, optysite said:

Thats what I originally started with, Im not sure what you are trying to point out. I had even more "max/min kernel at # index" errors than when I went in and changed them all to Matchkernel instead. Still didn't fix the issue. And I know this is a dumb question but does it matter whether is it True/False vs No/Yes? My editor is in true/false.

You have to use <string> instead of <boolean>. Boolean requires true or false (Yes/No). In Sample.plist, MaxKernel/MinKernel are empty.

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

You have to use <string> instead of <boolean>. Boolean requires true or false (Yes/No). In Sample.plist, MaxKernel/MinKernel are empty.

I must have something else in my EFI causes problems then, because even with Max/Min strings empty (followed both the vanilla guide for CoffeeLake and open core beginners guides. I have everything setup according to their guides and I have a decent idea of what kexts and drivers I need as my hackintosh boots now with clover. I added the DSDT for my motherboard. And to clarify, Im trying to boot OpenCore from a USB, clover is on my SSD. That should cause a problem cuz Im not booting from it right?

I don't know enough to know what I don't know... if that makes sense. 

IMG_7535.JPG

Edited by optysite

5 hours ago, optysite said:

I must have something else in my EFI causes problems then, because even with Max/Min strings empty (followed both the vanilla guide for CoffeeLake and open core beginners guides. I have everything setup according to their guides and I have a decent idea of what kexts and drivers I need as my hackintosh boots now with clover. I added the DSDT for my motherboard. And to clarify, Im trying to boot OpenCore from a USB, clover is on my SSD. That should cause a problem cuz Im not booting from it right?

IMG_7535.JPG

I'm not a OC expert and my knowledge is limited.

OCS: No Schema... seems to be "warning" based on the comments posted on this topic. Create/Edit your config.plist with PlistEdit Pro.

Your AptiomemoryFix isn't in Drivers folder.... OC cannot found

EDIT: AptioMemoryFix.efi is no longer maintained. See Differences.pdf page 48: how to migrate

Edited by Matgen84

5 hours ago, optysite said:

IMG_7535.JPG

No schema means you have something left blank when something should be filled in. You also are missing AptioMemoryFix.efi in your Drivers folder it looks like.

• Like 1

@optysite

MaxKernel and MinKernel are new voices in new OC bootloader (see latest differences.pdf)

AptioMemoryFix should be deprecated I think..so you have to clean your config and to decide which OC versions you want to use 

Edited by Guest

Hi Open Core team or anyone else that can help

Im trying to do a clean install on my Lenovo ThinkPad X240.

I did create the Catalina USB Installer but it is not showing on the OC Picker.

I don't understand this part very well:

1. Quote

What is the simplest way to install macOS?

Copy online recovery image (*.dmg and *.chunklist files) to com.apple.recovery.boot directory on a FAT32 partition with OpenCore. Load OpenCore Boot Picker and choose the entry, it will have a (dmg) suffix. Custom name may be created by providing .contentDetails file.

I attached the EFI folder so maybe someone can point me where the problem is.

Where is tha com.apple.recovery.boot directory supposed to be ?

I only see:

1. Mac (currently installed macOS Catalina beta 11 - main boot drive)

2. Recovery (10.15) dmg

3. OpenCore Shell

The installer is created with create install media method as requested and the EFI folder is on the EFI partition.

CC @vit9696 @Andrey1970 @Download-Fritz @PMheart @vandroiy2012

Here is the EFI: EFI.zip

Edited by Sniki

6 minutes ago, Sniki said:

Hi Open Core team or anyone else that can help

Im trying to do a clean install on my Lenovo ThinkPad X240.

I did create the Catalina USB Installer but it is not showing on the OC Picker.

I don't understand this part very well:

I attached the EFI folder so maybe someone can point me where the problem is.

Where is tha com.apple.recovery.boot directory supposed to be ?

I only see:

1. Mac (currently installed macOS Catalina beta 11 - main boot drive)

2. Recovery (10.15) dmg

3. OpenCore Shell

The installer is created with create install media method as requested and the EFI folder is on the EFI partition.

CC @vit9696 @Andrey1970 @Download-Fritz @PMheart @vandroiy2012

Here is the EFI: EFI.zip

Try this config, you really should not use ACPI > Patches section to rename DSDT devices. You should use SSDTs

config.plist.zip

19 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Try this config, you really should not use ACPI > Patches section to rename DSDT devices. You should use SSDTs

config.plist.zip

Ok so it was scanpolicy, Thanks @Pavo

I have SSDTs for everything, Renames are necessary for Battery Status and Dual Battery Support.

This is the only way "that i currently know" to implement that without patched DSDT, so you can have full hotpatch system.

How would you implement it without Renames and (without Patched DSDT because i want full hotpatch) in this case ?

What would be your recommendations ?

Edited by Sniki