OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!
When I use VoodooI2C.kext on OC, all functions are normal, but I can't restart or shut down normally (the desktop freezes when I restart or shut down, the system does not respond). What is the problem with this? VoodooI2C.kext can be shut down or restarted normally in Clover.
Please give pointers one or two, thank you!

8 hours ago, ic005k said:

Hello everyone!
When I use VoodooI2C.kext on OC, all functions are normal, but I can't restart or shut down normally (the desktop freezes when I restart or shut down, the system does not respond). What is the problem with this? VoodooI2C.kext can be shut down or restarted normally in Clover.
Please give pointers one or two, thank you!

A fix hopefully should be in order in the next official release.

9 minutes ago, fangf2018 said:

Apfs.efi boots fusiondrve. I have deleted it.showpicker=yes,Stuck in the System Menu Page

OC.zip

@errorexists says: remove emuvariable, this driver is always present in Driver folder and config.plist. You can replace VboxHfs.efi by HFSPlus.efi, I think.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@errorexists says: remove emuvariable, this driver is always present in Driver folder and config.plist. You can replace VboxHfs.efi by HFSPlus.efi, I think.

According to the test you said, it's no use. Have you ever had such a problem? OpenCore doesn't have integrated Emulated NVRAM

Edited by fangf2018
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, due to some hardware issue, I did some test yesterday including refreshing bios. After refreshing bios, (same bios file, same config, driver, kext). OpenCore couldn't boot due to "Still waiting for root device". However, it worked very well before. Tried set ReleaseUsbOwnership to Yes but no luck. 

Any idea about this issue? thx.

Attached my config

config.zip

Edited by ianxpluto

8 minutes ago, ianxpluto said:

After refreshing bios, (same bios file, same config, driver, kext).

Are you really sure about your Bios config? Text Below is from the Vanilla Guide.

Recommended BIOS settings:

• Disable:

• Fast Boot

• CFG Lock(MSR 0xE2 write protection)

• VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)

• CSM

• Enable

• VT-x

• Above 4G decoding

• Hyper Threading

• Execute Disable Bit

• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off

• OS type: Windows 8.1/10

4 minutes ago, karacho_ak said:

Are you really sure about your Bios config? Text Below is from the Vanilla Guide.

Recommended BIOS settings:

• Disable:

• Fast Boot

• CFG Lock(MSR 0xE2 write protection)

• VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)

• CSM

• Enable

• VT-x

• Above 4G decoding

• Hyper Threading

• Execute Disable Bit

• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off

• OS type: Windows 8.1/10

Yes, I checked everything I can found in Bios config.

22 minutes ago, ianxpluto said:

No I haven’t, I’ll test it as soon as I can. Thx

What does that means?

Some boards have messed up IRQ assignments and the PCI lanes get crossed which ends with you getting stuck at still waiting on root device.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

I don't use VoodooI2C.kext and have shutdown/restart freezes

VoodooI2C.kext is not a problem. 

It is your unsupported chipset.

Broken NVRAM gives you shutdown/restart freezes. 

Use DisableVariableWrite=true Booter quirck and read about LegacySchema in Configuration.pdf

Edited by vandroiy2012

Hello everybody,

I have just started with OpenCore and I am trying to get Catalina on my PC.

I followed the amazing OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide by khronokernel and tried to boot, but I am getting the error in the included screenshot.

oc.thumb.jpg.696a287d062acb8fda6f7f49d0f6e88c.jpg

I am on a Asus PRIME Z370-A with Intel i7 8700K, currently running latest macOS version (Mojave 10.14.6 supplemental update) with Clover.

I am using a custom SSDT-UCIA-ALL.asl that I transferred from my Clover EFi folder to my OC EFI folder. I am not using USBInjectAll.kext with OC, but I am not sure I can omit it. Anyway I am just starting, I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I also enclosed my broken.config.plist I am using with OC, please note that I removed MLB, Serial and UUID for privacy reasons and I activated FileVault support (at least I think I did)

Thanks.

P.S.: I read both khronokernel gitbook guide and the Configuration.pdf, again I am just starting with OC and not everything is still clear.

Edited by pinoli

11 hours ago, Pavo said:

Some boards have messed up IRQ assignments and the PCI lanes get crossed which ends with you getting stuck at still waiting on root device.

Hi I can boot with npic=3000, but after I shutdown try to reboot I'll get the same erro. 

34 minutes ago, pinoli said:

Hello everybody,

I have just started with OpenCore and I am trying to get Catalina on my PC.

I followed the amazing Hackintosh Installation Guide by corpnewt and tried to boot, but I am getting the error in the included screenshot.

oc.thumb.jpg.696a287d062acb8fda6f7f49d0f6e88c.jpg

I am on a Asus PRIME Z370-A with Intel i7 8700K, currently running latest macOS version (Mojave 10.14.6 supplemental update) with Clover.

I am using a custom SSDT-UCIA-ALL.asl that I transferred from my Clover EFi folder to my OC EFI folder. I am not using USBInjectAll.kext with OC, but I am not sure I can omit it. Anyway I am just starting, I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I also enclosed my broken.config.plist I am using with OC, please note that I removed MLB, Serial and UUID for privacy reasons and I activated FileVault support (at least I think I did)

Thanks.

P.S.: I read both the gitbook guide and the Configuration.pdf, again I am just starting with OC and not everything is still clear.

Looks like the problem I had, what fixed it was an ACPI patch courtesy of Andres ZeroCross

config copy.plist.zip

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

And what fixed my sleep/restart/shutdown was VariableRuntimeDxe.efi

without further editing of config

Edited by STLVNUB

Hi everyone,

it is just me ? ( my machine does funny things lately )

or someone else trying to build latest OC, noticed something probably is conflicting into OCSupportpkg

as Applesupportpkg now fails to build

error related to  OcCpuLib not found in OCdebugloglib by VerifyMsrE2