OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, smallbearayu said:

Hi,

I am trying to boot macos catalina beta 9 with OC 0.5.0. I managed to make it start booting but it got stuck here:

IMG_0053.thumb.jpg.71fa3bffd314ffe7b0af273b65ca103b.jpg

It just hangs here and doesn't proceed any more.

Attached is my EFI folder. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

EFI.zip

Anyone can take a look? Thanks :help:

On 9/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, Download-Fritz said:

@errorexists First, make sure you updated all kexts, especially Lilu, to the latest version as well. If it still happens, upload your entire kexts folder and the snippet from the config (ALL kexts, not just those breaking currently).

here is the files for the issues i have with the
00:000 00:000 OC: Prelink injection IntelMausiEthernet.kext () - Invalid Parameter also

00:045 00:027 OC: Prelink injection RealtekRTL8111.kext (Ethernet) - Invalid Parameter

22:557 22:557 OC: Prelink injection SMCSuperIO.kext () - Invalid Parameter
45:265 22:708 OC: Prelink injection SMCProcessor.kext () - Invalid Parameter
@Download-Fritz
for Download-Fritz.zip

Edited by errorexists

3 minutes ago, errorexists said:

here is the files for the issues i have with the
00:000 00:000 OC: Prelink injection IntelMausiEthernet.kext () - Invalid Parameter also

00:045 00:027 OC: Prelink injection RealtekRTL8111.kext (Ethernet) - Invalid Parameter

22:557 22:557 OC: Prelink injection SMCSuperIO.kext () - Invalid Parameter
45:265 22:708 OC: Prelink injection SMCProcessor.kext () - Invalid Parameter
for Download-Fritz.zip

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/498

23 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Please try this,, post the result

EFI.zip

Thumbs UP!!! Tankx

So what is different, I can't see!

Edited by STLVNUB

On 9/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, vit9696 said:

1. So, *our* VBoxHFS from AppleSupportPkg freezes on some volumes? Is it just slow or indeed broken?

@vit9696

It does not freeze. When selecting a Recovery Partition to boot, it takes about a Minute to get started. In the meantime, it just do nothing. Someone who does not now it, probably break off the the process. STRG+ALT+DEL works in that early stage.

Edit: With HfsPlus.efi it starts immediately.

Edited by karacho_ak

Questions about ReleaseUsbOwnership?
My Dell laptop (7472) must be selected by FixOwnership in Clover to boot normally, otherwise it will freeze at a certain kext during startup.
Selecting ReleaseUsbOwnership in the OC does not solve the problem of screen freeze during the boot process. Or how can I replace the FixOwnership option in Clover?
This problem has been bothering me for a long time!
thank!

2 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

@Andrey1970

Ya, i know. But i choosed VboxHfs.efi in OC_EFI_Maker and i'm always wondering, why my Recovery won't boot, because macOS and Windows boot up fine. Somewhere i read, i have to wait. Sometimes it could take about 2 Minutes. Then i found this Threat and i swapped VboxHfs.efi with HfsPlus.efi and change the Driver entry in UEFI section. Now it works as expected.

On the other Hand, i'm not able to boot into Linux an another SSD. I created an entry in Misc->Entries. I'm able to get the Grub Menu, but when i hit Enter nothing happens, but Display turns black and keyboard illumination and mouse sensor going off. Any suggestions?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-30 um 17.02.34.png

Edited by karacho_ak

23 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Thumbs UP!!! Tankx

So what is different, I can't see!

In your case,, you need to remove _STA Method from your RTC device. I just rename it with ACPI patch, so _STA of RTC will return 0x0f

14 hours ago, karacho_ak said:

@Andrey1970

Ya, i know. But i choosed VboxHfs.efi in OC_EFI_Maker and i'm always wondering, why my Recovery won't boot, because macOS and Windows boot up fine. Somewhere i read, i have to wait. Sometimes it could take about 2 Minutes. Then i found this Threat and i swapped VboxHfs.efi with HfsPlus.efi and change the Driver entry in UEFI section. Now it works as expected.

On the other Hand, i'm not able to boot into Linux an another SSD. I created an entry in Misc->Entries. I'm able to get the Grub Menu, but when i hit Enter nothing happens, but Display turns black and keyboard illumination and mouse sensor going off. Any suggestions?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-30 um 17.02.34.png

Maybe your patched DSDT is not compatible with your Linux system???

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, errorexists said:

on a laptop using HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca i get this before the boot picker what would it be that i am looking for to hide these or a fix, thank you
image.thumb.png.acbb2b9c65bf06411f898e11d4900321.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

It's because you didn't read the DOC. There is no match Kernel in newest commit.

Only MinKernel and max kernel,, try to read Doc of full sample plist in kernel section

40 minutes ago, Blink.shadow said:

Where can I get the official NvmEdpressDxe? 

Why did you need this?? 

6 hours ago, ic005k said:

Questions about ReleaseUsbOwnership?
My Dell laptop (7472) must be selected by FixOwnership in Clover to boot normally, otherwise it will freeze at a certain kext during startup.
Selecting ReleaseUsbOwnership in the OC does not solve the problem of screen freeze during the boot process. Or how can I replace the FixOwnership option in Clover?
This problem has been bothering me for a long time!
thank!

How about go to your BIOS, and search for XHCI Handoff and set it to Enable (or similar setting options) then you don't need this USBOwnership again in config.plist

8 minutes ago, karacho_ak said:

@Andres ZeroCross

It bootet with clover before. Do you mind there are so much differences between CL and OC?

CLOVER won't force your patched dsdt to be used in Linux, but OC is different. OC will use Patched DSDT to Windows, Linux, macOS and all OS that you booted with OC Bootloader

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Why did you need this?? 

How about go to your BIOS, and search for XHCI Handoff and set it to Enable (or similar setting options) then you don't need this USBOwnership again in config.plist

Thanks Reply.
Because my notebook must rely on the FixOwnership option in Clover to boot normally, otherwise a freeze screen will appear during the boot process.
My computer is a notebook. There is no such xHCI Handoff option in the BIOS. This is a common option on desktop computers, but laptops generally do not.
Perhaps there are some problems with the ReleaseUsbOwnership option in OC. Isn't it exactly equivalent to FixOwnership in Clover?

2 hours ago, ic005k said:

Thanks Reply.
Because my notebook must rely on the FixOwnership option in Clover to boot normally, otherwise a freeze screen will appear during the boot process.
My computer is a notebook. There is no such xHCI Handoff option in the BIOS. This is a common option on desktop computers, but laptops generally do not.
Perhaps there are some problems with the ReleaseUsbOwnership option in OC. Isn't it exactly equivalent to FixOwnership in Clover?

But your notebook support UEFI boot. Just boot in UEFI instead legacy. This problem just for legacy boot only. UEFI Boot doesn't need USBOwnership/Permission

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's because you didn't read the DOC. There is no match Kernel in newest commit.

Only MinKernel and max kernel,, try to read Doc of full sample plist in kernel section

No Match Kernel in newest commit?

v051 doc's page 18, Sections 7.3 and 7.4 have a MatchKernel, both are usually empty strings. Also, page 19, Section 7.6 has a MatchKernel.

Meanwhile, I don't see any Min or Max Kernels in v051.

2 minutes ago, iGPU said:

No Match Kernel in newest commit?

v051 doc's page 18, Sections 7.3 and 7.4 have a MatchKernel, both are usually empty strings. Also, page 19, Section 7.6 has a MatchKernel.

Meanwhile, I don't see any Min or Max Kernels in v051.

Open SampleFullPlist and search for "Match", you will understand image.thumb.png.441126c99b870bd4ae45ec648fe2f45e.png

image.thumb.png.32d5720f81d4bd15b1356bf2e0f1f4f5.png

image.thumb.png.856107d1446c8a9f15f77fa9584cca28.png

5 minutes ago, iGPU said:

Sorry, but I don't see that in my latest compiled v051 (OCBuilder) SampleFull.plist, nor in the latest doc:

639902415_ScreenShot2019-09-30at9_08_36PM.thumb.jpg.a299084749cd81cb3f0ebb5b2206cd1c.jpg

To read doc you only need to github and you can directly read it

1. Confguration.pdf = https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf
2. Difference : https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Differences/Differences.pdf
3. Sample full plist : https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/SampleFull.plist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

You are correct.

My v051 was compiled yesterday, but Doc is dated 10-Sept; the version you reference is 25-Sept. OCBuilder somehow didn't take the latest docs or plist files...

Just now, iGPU said:

You are correct.

My v051 was compiled yesterday, but Doc is dated 10-Sept; the version you reference is 25-Sept. OCBuilder somehow didn't take the latest docs or plist files...

1. Open terminal type cd "~/Desktop" press enter
2. Then type "git clone https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg.git" press enter
3. To check update latest commit just type "find . -type d -depth 1 -exec git --git-dir={}/.git --work-tree=$PWD/{} pull origin master \;" press enter
4. To build OC just type "cd OpenCorePkg" press enter, then type "./macbuild.tool"
5. Done.

Repeat as you want for step 3 to check update latest commit, sorry for bad english

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

In your case,, you need to remove _STA Method from your RTC device. I just rename it with ACPI patch, so _STA of RTC will return 0x0f

Maybe your patched DSDT is not compatible with your Linux system???

Job well done, thanks, I'd have never been able to find that

Edited by STLVNUB

9 hours ago, iGPU said:

You are correct.

OCBuilder uses whatever version that is on the latest committed version on GitHub. So there is no way that OCBuilder gave you an older version of the docs or plist files.

• Like 3