OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, xtddd said:

thanks, i will have a try

thanks, i have tested your efi..it can boot successfully...then what should i do next?

thank you

Specify the required section in the settings.
Reboot the PC several times to see if there is a problem.

• Like 1

Hi,

i write again on this thread because i've a problem and i don't understand what is causing it. 

Since a week now every time i switch on the laptop it does a ram memory test (it takes around 20 seconds) without errors. After that sometimes it says unable to find a boot device, i click on ok the laptop restart and this time it boot succesfully. 

Usually i would think there is an hardware problem but when the laptop starts i can work on it without issues for hours or even days if i don't switch it off. Not a single crash or kernel panic (and i use it for rendering so i stress it quite a lot).

So it seems strange it's an hardware problem. The other thing i've noticed is if i run a Windows 10 live version i've on usb and i switch it off from there i don't have the ram test at boot. So the question is ... Could be something related to OpenCore settings ?

Thanks

Mattia

2 hours ago, ctich said:

Specify the required section in the settings.
Reboot the PC several times to see if there is a problem.

i boot into system successfully..so how to boot from the default disk without selecting manually?thanks

Edited by xtddd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rtwick said:

My port usage is bit different. Attached is my kext. Please see if there's anything wrong. 

Firstly this is not a OC problem so this is off topic.

Secondly you messed up my USB 15 portlimit kext (You have only 14 ports in your edited kext).

If you want more help you have to PM me.

First I got this error, And I thought I forgot the add AppleGenericInput.efi. I installed this efi and just OCS failed left. But now I can see the boot screen.  When I try to boot its stuck on the second photo. I can't boot. 

IMG_0155.JPG.ba71eb389190f806422798bd492b9104.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG.6d510afe8f5038f9b5060d6d43cd9543.JPG

Edited by telepati

5 hours ago, telepati said:

First I got this error, And I thought I forgot the add AppleGenericInput.efi. I installed this efi and just OCS failed left. But now I can see the boot screen.  When I try to boot its stuck on the second photo. I can't boot. 

IMG_0155.JPG.ba71eb389190f806422798bd492b9104.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG.6d510afe8f5038f9b5060d6d43cd9543.JPG

The "OCS: Failed to parse string field of type 1or 2" is mostly related to your PlatformInfo > SMBIOS Section. Depending also if "Automatic" is engaged, you do not have to put the same infos on config multiple times.  Read the manual..

you can also use the terminal command :

opendiff configA.plist configB.plist 

(assuming you have Xcode & opendiff installed )

To compare your "config.plist with the sample.plist given on OC005 ( change name of config accordingly ). Best of luck

PS: The kind people helping you in this site are not suppose to do everything for you. It seems nobody wants to put efforts nowadays. :thumbsdown_anim: 

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 3.00.37 PM.png

Edited by Ellybz
Adding infs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blink.shadow said:

@HmO

Thank you sir, but unfortunately this does not work, same error

UPDATE: I tried with AppleSupportPkg 2.0.9, which includes AppleUiSupport, and now it's working. In AppleSupportPkg 2.1.0, the changeling says that AppleUiSupport has been moved to OpenCore, but in OpenCorePkg I can't see any driver for AppleUi. Any hint?

Try AppleSupportPkg 2.1.0 drivers and this config.plist.zip

2 hours ago, Blink.shadow said:

@vit9696

Thank you, it's working now! :)

I still have two problems:

1.  I'd like to use OpenCore to boot the USB Installer, therefore I added the following flags to ScanPolicy:

• OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_HFS

• OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_USB

obtaining 0x2F0303, but OpenCore freezes while scanning for entries (it never enters the picker menu). I've also tried disabling bit 0 and bit 1, with no luck.

2.  I'm trying to change the login keyboard, but it remains to ABC no-matter the value of prev-kbd.

Since I want the Italian keyboard, I tried with 69742d49 543a34 (it-IT:4) and 69742d49 543a34 was (it_IT:4) with no success.

Any hint? Thank you for your time

Are you converting your hex value back to decimal for the scan policy?

(0x2F0303 = 3080963)

7 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I can't boot into recovery with OpenCore 0.5.0 (just tested).
When i press "6" (entry of my Catalina Recovery). Screen just stuck in there (boot picker). 

But boot to Windows, Mojave or Catalina System is fine without problem

Try with HfsPlus.efi instead of VBoxHfs.efi. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Blink.shadow

1. So, *our* VBoxHFS from AppleSupportPkg freezes on some volumes? Is it just slow or indeed broken? It will be great if you can debug it. If not, providing raw disk image (use e.g. dd) and creating a bugreport will help.

2. Check whether you have non volatile variable already. OpenCore will not override the existing variable unless you use "Block" section,

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, maddie said:

Even if it can, it shouldn't be a requirement to install the update.

Plus I have the same problem on another platform, the Deskmini build in my signature, which has only iGPU. And the Z370 build with Vega 64 updated just fine.

So it would be great to find the culprit here :(

OK, so I've decided to upgrade all my Hacks to Catalina Beta. My ROG rig updates perfectly, and my Z97-A rig updates fine with the secondary monitor turned off (still have no clue what could cause the problem). And as for the Deskmini, this is more of a PSA than an issue:

I've reported that the Deskmini 310 rig cannot run macOS updaters or installers at all before, as it reboots instantly right before the installer UI loads on screen. Since this machine will not have any display output with CSM disabled, I have to leave it enabled to make it work.

Then it hit me, what if the problem is something related to the CSM?

Then I enabled 'ProtectCsmRegion' quirk in OC, and all of a sudden, the update installer runs just fine!

Hope that it can help others that have the same problem as me!

• Like 6

On 9/24/2019 at 7:27 AM, Andres ZeroCross said:

I can't boot into recovery with OpenCore 0.5.0 (just tested).
When i press "6" (entry of my Catalina Recovery). Screen just stuck in there (boot picker). 

But boot to Windows, Mojave or Catalina System is fine without problem

Hey man was wondering if you could provide your config.plist as I can't even get Windows or Ubuntu to be recognized in OpenCore? The only way to get Windows to show up is with ScanPolicy 0, but the laptop just reboots when selected. Mac boots fine though.

Please advise if there is a driver or another config that I need to boot up the other OS?