OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

As I told you, you had disassembled ACPI with .dsl extension, they won’t work. Have to open it and save as ACPI Machine Language Binary.with .aml extension, the same in config.  I’m on desktop so I won’t be much of help, but I think without some add-ons-hotpatches SSDTs in your ACPI folder you won’t go too far. Check RehabMan’s repository or other sources. Replace VBoxHfs.efi driver with HfsPlus.efi could help with booting recovery problem. “Beta” arg is unnecessary, but I could be wrong.

I forgot to mention that I did use MacIASL to patch my SSDT and lookup my entire DSDT and then compiled them to .aml. Whilst they were loading perfectly, I kept on getting more ACPI failures that I would without any ACPI SSDT at all, hence my question regarding ACPI. I also had to change CPU0 to PR00 in one of the ACPI samples, for it to work and compile it again, so I got the hang of it in the end.

Regarding VBoxHfsPlus, this is the one attached to the AppleSupportPkg. Is it worth changing it to HfsPlus to render it "less vanilla"? What is the difference between the two?

The "-lilubetaall" etc args are necessary as Catalina is not stable yet, look it on the Wiki page.

23 minutes ago, lottenow said:

I forgot to mention that I did use MacIASL to patch my SSDT and lookup my entire DSDT and then compiled them to .aml. Whilst they were loading perfectly, I kept on getting more ACPI failures that I would without any ACPI SSDT at all, hence my question regarding ACPI. I also had to change CPU0 to PR00 in one of the ACPI samples, for it to work and compile it again, so I got the hang of it in the end.

Regarding VBoxHfsPlus, this is the one attached to the AppleSupportPkg. Is it worth changing it to HfsPlus to render it "less vanilla"? What is the difference between the two?

The "-lilubetaall" etc args are necessary as Catalina is not stable yet, look it on the Wiki page.

Since  July, Lilu (v1.3.7+) is compatible with Catalina . It is the same of Lilu plugins: AppleALC, WhateverGreen and so on. The "-Lilubetaall" boot-args isn't necessary.

Capture d’écran 2019-09-14 à 15.43.22.png

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lottenow said:

Didn’t mean to offend or something, just don’t know what you know, now I know:D
From Configuration.pdf:hsf.png.5b03ae51a41287841c7bbeb8bfff9233.png

Just replace drivers edit Config and see if recovery works.

14 hours ago, justin said:

set DisableVariableWrite = YES and try again. 

remove UsbKbDxe.efi and AppleGenericInput.efi if you Do NOT use FV2, plus if you DO use FV2, you must choose one of them, not both.  

I set DisableVariableWrite=Yes which it does in fact fix shutdown/restart issue! I am assuming I need to emulate NVRAM just like in clover. Also, I removed both UsbKbDxe.efi and AppleGenericInput.efi but that causes OC to not detect my laptop keyboard and any usb keyboard. Using AppleGenericInput.efi allows the use of my laptop keyboard and a usb keyboard in OC.

• Like 1

Hi,

trying out opencore. I have configured an usb following the Vanilla desktop Guide from https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

I can go into OC menu and select my OS item but it just stops after "Prelinked status - Success". Keyboard also stops working.

My config: Gigabyte Z270X-UD5, I7700K, with an NVME , two ssd and a hdd running Catalina beta 8 (build 19A558d). It works perfectly fine with Clover.

To remove any messed up prelinked kexts, I installed catalina beta on a freshly formatted ssd and it boots fine via Clover. However, it also shows the same behavior under OC.

Attached is a screen shot of where it is stopping, OC log and my config.plist. I'm definitely missing something here but after spending the whole day reading the whole 71 pages still couldn't figure it out.

Any pointer?

Thanks

-R'twick

IMG_0898.thumb.jpeg.40daef3fd5c45b765423e9cffe4cd857.jpeg

opencore-2019-09-15-011530.txt

config.plist

EFIFolder.png

I wanted to try out opencore, but I get a kernel panic. Photo attached. Can any one offer advice?

9700K with ASRock Z390 ITX/AC and a Vega64 reference card at 4K@60 over DP.

log has the following:

00:000 00:000 OC: Setting NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:nvda_drv - Not Found
00:000 00:000 OC: Setting NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:prev-lang:kbd - Not Found
00:000 00:000 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem succeeded. Please fix your kext!
00:000 00:000 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem succeeded. Please fix your kext!

serials from attached config.plist have been redacted.

IMG_6077.jpg

OC_config.plist

On 8/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Sniki said:

@vit9696 Thanks for all the suggestions and help into the issues we discussed.

You were correct !,

For now TgtBridge function may not be needed as thanks to @ben9923 solution after analysing my DSDT, we dropped the old way of patching the TPD0 device with a better and simpler solution thanks to the template/idea of your SSDT-AWAC.dsl on ACPI Samples.

Previously i had to patch TPD0 _CRS to XCRS and TPD0 _DSM to XDSM and add the patched code into a SSDT which we required the TgtBridge to specify which "device" CRS and DSM method to rename.

Now we removed all Renames needed for Touchpad from config.plist and simply use this SSDT based on your SSDT-AWAC.dsl template:

// Touchpad fix for Lenovo V330-15IKB

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "V330", "_TPD0", 0)
{
    External (SDM0, IntObj)

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                SDM0 = Zero
            }
        }
    }
}

And TouchPad now works like charm.

About the InfoPlistPatch to disable AppleI2C kext from loading, i first solved the problem by blocking the kext from loading with OpenCore config.plist/Kernel/Block and by listing com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C

However after @ben9923 told that he found the solution to load VoodooI2C without disabling the AppleIntelI2C kext with your help by just adding:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

Into VoodooI2C.kext, Plugins and Satellite kexts, VoodooI2C kexts work excellent on OpenCore.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Now my Lenovo V330-15IKB works perfect.

Laptops should not be a problem anymore and can use Open Core as default Bootloader.

I will soon start working on the project i mentioned on the Sep. Release schedule on Bugtracker which i think should make it easier for everyone else to have laptop templates for each generation.

Sincerely,

Sniki

Hi Sniki please provide me  your EFI Folder because I have a same Elan touchpad I have also problem VoodoI2C with OpenCore boot loader

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, anmool said:

I have no backlight or brightness slider on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with OpenCore 0.5.1

anyone can tell me what is problem

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this app, MonitorControl, can provide brightness adjustments using the F1/F2 keys,

and doesn't require any config.plist entries to work: https://github.com/the0neyouseek/MonitorControl/releases

Edited by iGPU

thanks for replying worked with SSDT-PNLF

I have a another problem with touchpad when I put this line Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG)) into DSDT TO _CRS METHOD then touchpad worked perfectly if I remove this line Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG)) from _CRS METHOD  my touchpad won't work     how to make a SSDT-I2C.aml for OpenCore bootloader

my touchpad is working fine with clover boot loader but in OpenCore no luck 

420208499_ScreenShot2019-09-15at10_37_45AM.thumb.png.bf520317ff39f3f583f64c875a28ac16.png

I attached screenshot 

DSDT.aml

7 hours ago, rtwick said:

Hi,

trying out opencore. I have configured an usb following the Vanilla desktop Guide from https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

I can go into OC menu and select my OS item but it just stops after "Prelinked status - Success". Keyboard also stops working.

My config: Gigabyte Z270X-UD5, I7700K, with an NVME , two ssd and a hdd running Catalina beta 8 (build 19A558d). It works perfectly fine with Clover.

To remove any messed up prelinked kexts, I installed catalina beta on a freshly formatted ssd and it boots fine via Clover. However, it also shows the same behavior under OC.

Attached is a screen shot of where it is stopping, OC log and my config.plist. I'm definitely missing something here but after spending the whole day reading the whole 71 pages still couldn't figure it out.

Any pointer?

Thanks

-R'twick

Hi @rtwick

Try this EFI as is. You need to fill in all fields in PlatformInfo -> Generic

This EFI works on my Z270X-UD5. I'am using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC because FakeSMC works better with iStat.

EFI_Z270X UD5_oc_FakeSMC.zip

Edited by obus

13 hours ago, obus said:

Hi @rtwick

Try this EFI as is. You need to fill in all fields in PlatformInfo -> Generic

This EFI works on my Z270X-UD5. I'am using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC because FakeSMC works better with iStat.

EFI_Z270X UD5_oc_FakeSMC.zip

Thanks opus.

This worked to boot my box into the fresh install. Existing install gives KP in intel graphics. Probably I have lots of old junk already there. I'll keep looking into it.

One thing I did was to change the ig-platform-id as I use a RX560 card.

Couple of issues so far:

Tried to change the Z270-XHCI.kext to match my USB port needs. I see a strange issue here. I have set HS03 and SSP3 to their proper port id (03 and 13 respectively). However, upon boot, I see them using port 2 and 12 which doesn't make sense to me. Other one's that I changed are working fine.

While booting, I see a much wide apple logo but after a while it goes back to normal size. Any thing I can change to make it look normal from beginning?

32 minutes ago, rtwick said:

Tried to change the Z270-XHCI.kext to match my USB port needs. I see a strange issue here. I have set HS03 and SSP3 to their proper port id (03 and 13 respectively). However, upon boot, I see them using port 2 and 12 which doesn't make sense to me. Other one's that I changed are working fine.

After a cache rebuild, it's all good now.

32 minutes ago, rtwick said:

While booting, I see a much wide apple logo but after a while it goes back to normal size. Any thing I can change to make it look normal from beginning?

Sleep/wake, Bluetooth, Wifi, ethernet, DP Sound all working. 

Just the annoying boot logo left to tackle.

Thanks for your help.

8 hours ago, rtwick said:

After a cache rebuild, it's all good now.

Sleep/wake, Bluetooth, Wifi, ethernet, DP Sound all working. 

Just the annoying boot logo left to tackle.

Thanks for your help.

Ok. So you are using the Kabylake CPU with HD 630 on your rig. Then you have to change ig platform to <03001259> (The RX560 should work OOB together with Lilu and WhatEverGreen as I understand it)  My config.plist was with the Skylake HD 530.

The boot logo is a known problem. I have the same problem on booth my Z270 and C422 rig. It has been discussed here a while ago.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338516-opencore-discussion/?page=61

Hope somebody can find a solution soon.

Edited by obus

8 hours ago, obus said:

Ok. So you are using the Kabylake CPU with HD 630 on your rig. Then you have to change ig platform to <03001259> (The RX560 should work OOB together with Lilu and WhatEverGreen as I understand it)  My config.plist was with the Skylake HD 530.

The boot logo is a known problem. I have the same problem on booth my Z270 and C422 rig. It has been discussed here a while ago.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338516-opencore-discussion/?page=61

Hope somebody can find a solution soon.

Yes that’s the one I used for ig-platform-id. 
everything works good so far.

one minor thing I noticed is that when it wakes, i get the password promp, after password is entered, it shows desktop for a sec or two and then screen goes blank for few seconds along with audio disconnect. It then comes back and all works fine. Don’t have this issue with clover.

i can live with the wide logo. Not a big deal.

now onto disabling UsePicker and disable scanning all partitions(Only nvme and ssd need to be included). Then oc will be permanent.

15 hours ago, aben92 said:

Hi, is there any method to hide just this pre boot text pop that shows for a couple of seconds before booting through nicely with the Apple logo ? Thanks and happy testing everyone !

Clean up your config.plist. Consult with Sample.plist

Read configuration.pdf

• Like 1

I need help with SMBIOS. I am trying to add my clover SMBIOS to OC but I stuck a couple of values. (BiosVersion, EfiVersion, PlatformFeature)

My SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 

1293382360_ScreenShot2019-09-17at17_08_55.png.855ea7c1f4c3d7404ff44f45c66db874.png

In OC BiosVersion must look like that; (220.260.170.0.0) I read that but I don't get how can I turn the above values to for OC. Can I use EfiVersion for BiosVersion? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, telepati said:

I need help with SMBIOS. I am trying to add my clover SMBIOS to OC but I stuck a couple of values. (BiosVersion, EfiVersion, PlatformFeature)

My SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 

1293382360_ScreenShot2019-09-17at17_08_55.png.855ea7c1f4c3d7404ff44f45c66db874.png

In OC BiosVersion must look like that; (220.260.170.0.0) I read that but I don't get how can I turn the above values to for OC. Can I use EfiVersion for BiosVersion? 

Take a look into Configuration docs (37-39 pages) and SampleFull.plist :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Take a look into Configuration docs (37-39 pages) and SampleFull.plist :)

Thanks but I already said I read them and don't understand and it doesn't show how to reach a new type of firmware. It says described in BiosID.h files but I didn't find this file.

1288737621_ScreenShot2019-09-17at20_09_05.png.5cea6766a7b6eb6ba0770667cd9069d3.png

Edit: I found a tool inside of Acidanthera GitHub page and create with it. But I have a different problem. I cant see my windows drive on OC boot screen. There are just two options. 1.Mojave 2. Recovery no windows. Why cant I see my windows drive?

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Clean up your config.plist. Consult with Sample.plist

Read configuration.pdf

Hi thanks for the tip but I should have mentioned that I created my OpenCore full-sample.plist from scratch fully consulting the configuration.pdf provided and have successfully built a perfectly booting Catalina (DP8) system on my Dell Inspiron Skylake model with everything functioning perfect on the OC bootloader  ! its just that I've been trying to clean up and create a super clean vanilla like booting experience like with my Clover bootloader config, tried all possible config settings related to Console controls and text input provided in the configuration pdf but just this particular pre boot pop up text doesn't seem to hide away from a perfectly clean boot up experience, maybe if someone could take a look at my config.plist and maybe find out if there's something that I need to remove, modify or clean to hide this console related text would be greatly appreciated, thanks and happy testing :) 

config.plist

2 hours ago, aben92 said:

Hi thanks for the tip but I should have mentioned that I created my OpenCore full-sample.plist from scratch fully consulting the configuration.pdf provided and have successfully built a perfectly booting Catalina (DP8) system on my Dell Inspiron Skylake model with everything functioning perfect on the OC bootloader  ! its just that I've been trying to clean up and create a super clean vanilla like booting experience like with my Clover bootloader config, tried all possible config settings related to Console controls and text input provided in the configuration pdf but just this particular pre boot pop up text doesn't seem to hide away from a perfectly clean boot up experience, maybe if someone could take a look at my config.plist and maybe find out if there's something that I need to remove, modify or clean to hide this console related text would be greatly appreciated, thanks and happy testing :) 

config.plist

Without looking at your config, I can tell you this:

- ACPI>Quirks>resetLogoStatus should be written :ResetLogoStatus

- UEFI>ProvideConsoleControl needs to be removed, as it was removed from previous versions of OC.

Thanks to @Pavo for pointing these out to me in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I managed to set up OpenCore 0.5.0 up to a point where the booting process hangs. I've attached my EFI folder, it contains 2 configs, the current one in which I removed DeviceProperties and some other things, and the copy which was more complete but none of them worked to complete the boot process. 

I've also attached what's on the screen when it hangs.

Specs:

i7 4770K

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Gigabyte GTX 1060

IMG_20190917_235619.jpg

IMG_20190918_000621.jpg

EFI.zip

Edited by Adyjay