OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

Now to figure out why I loose USB on iMac15,1 SMBIOS.

I think I may be able to figure out why this happens, may be related to SMBIOS.

Loosing USB SHOULD'NT happen on real Mac 

Now to figure out why I loose USB on iMac15,1 SMBIOS in Mojave

I think I may be able to figure out why this happens, may be related to SMBIOS.

Loosing USB SHOULD'NT happen on real Mac 

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

usb dies for the same reasons it happens on hacks. the ports are assigned to different port locations it is hardcoded by smbios. you could probably use hackintool and follow its instructions to create a Acpi ssdt or kext to resolve your issues. even though it is a real mac.

44 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

usb dies for the same reasons it happens on hacks. the ports are assigned to different port locations it is hardcoded by smbios. you could probably use hackintool and follow its instructions to create a Acpi ssdt or kext to resolve your issues. even though it is a real mac.

Point being it SHOULDN'T Happen on real HW.

I'm compiling some useful info trying various SMBIOS on my iMac10,1 with some interesting results.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, hardcorehenry said:

Sorry for not being precise, I meant there's probably misprint Ivy Bridge is 0x0306A0 not 0x0306A9. Sorry for the confusion I made.

Sorry for the late reply! Finally I got the point, thanks a lot!

Oh, 0 vs 9 is not of vital significance as it stands for stepping, which is rather ignored by macOS.

• Like 1

I'm having a problem when i disable the EC0 to EC rename and i use the SSDT-EC.dsl as suggested. 

At reboot i can't see the battery icon in the bar (and if i try to activate it again in system preference it stays there only for half a second and disappears again) and i've Kernel task at 30% cpu all the time.

Could someone help understand why ?

Thanks

Mattia

4 minutes ago, tmbt said:

I'm having a problem when i disable the EC0 to EC rename and i use the SSDT-EC.dsl as suggested. 

At reboot i can't see the battery icon in the bar (and if i try to activate it again in system preference it stays there only for half a second and disappears again) and i've Kernel task at 30% cpu all the time.

Could someone help understand why ?

Thanks

Mattia

If you have laptop you have to rename EC0 -> EC in ACPI-Patch section and not use SSDT-EC.dsl.   

4 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

If you have laptop you have to rename EC0 -> EC in ACPI-Patch section and not use SSDT-EC.dsl.   

Ok thanks i will do that way. I tried to change it because in the opencorepkg manual it says that renaming is never a good idea .. so i tried.

Thanks again

Mattia

On 8/14/2019 at 7:47 AM, Andrw0380 said:

Here is mine after renaming ECDV to EC. Per looking over this thread, it says if this is a laptop, we have to keep the EC device after renaming since battery stats are tied to it. My laptop doesn't even allow me to disable ECDV as a test as if I do, my laptop will freeze during boot so just have to keep it there. Question I have though is I used Hackintool to customize my USB devices, in the past the tool wouldn't generate a SSDT-EC.aml, but now it does and it doesn't give me a SSDT-USBx.aml file. Is the USBx power properties no longer needed in 10.15 or in that case, do I just use the SSDT-ECUSBx.aml, without the EC portion? I do have a AppleBusPowerController in IOResources, but not on the EC device like 10.14 did when used with USBx. 

IOReg.jpg

I pulled my hair out on this for a couple days.  I dug around and found that AppleBusPowerController in Catalina no longer looks for EC.  In Mojave it uses "IONameMatch = EC" whereas in Catalina it uses "IOResourceMatch = IORTC".  This explains the issue.  See this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ZjVktLR.png

What I did to get this working was adding a part to my SSDT-UIAC to add properties to AppleBusPowerController, rather than bothering with a new file.  This is working for me without adding or renaming EC, nor adding USBX.  From the top...

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_UIAC", 0)
{
    Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "AppleBusPowerController", Package()
            {
                "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                0x0834, 
                "kUSBSleepPowerSupply", 
                0x125C, 
                "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                0x0834, 
                "kUSBWakePowerSupply", 
                0x125C   
            },

For backwards compatibility, I feel like you could just as well add "IONameMatch", "EC" instead of the kUSB* values but I haven't actually tested that as I just thought of it.  That may conflict with the IOResourceMatch value, though.

Edited by E-werd

I think i tried every possible Quirk but couldn't manage to boot once my (Haswell) Lenovo ThinkPad X240.

I tried to go as minimal to at least be able to boot first then fix the rest later.

I still get stuck at this screen where system reboots after like 2 sec there, also attached my EFI.zip

Here is where it reboots:

20190829_194357.thumb.jpg.84c4c4cd1495dde97c8e8d08eeec8dc4.jpg

@vit9696 @vandroiy2012 @Download-Fritz @PMheart @Andrey1970 do any of you guys have an idea about where the problem could be, any suggestions ?

Edited by Sniki

47 minutes ago, Sniki said:

I think i tried every possible Quirk but couldn't manage to boot once my (Haswell) Lenovo ThinkPad X240.

I tried to go as minimal to at least be able to boot first then fix the rest later.

I still get stuck at this screen where system reboots after like 2 sec there, also attached my EFI.zip

@vit9696 @vandroiy2012 @Download-Fritz @PMheart @Andrey1970 do any of you guys have an idea about where the problem could be, any suggestions ?

Enable PanicNoKextDump quirk and you can see kernel panic

1. PanicNoKextDump

1 hour ago, Sniki said:

Did your system need FixHPET from clover? If so, you might find CorpNewt's FixHPET script useful

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sniki said:

Enable PanicNoKextDump аs at told, differently the screen is not informative.

Your CPU with vt-d, enable DisableIoMapper

27 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Enable PanicNoKextDump аs at told, differently the screen is not informative.

Your CPU with vt-d, enable DisableIoMapper

ok @Andrey1970 here is the new screenshot with PanicNoKextDump and DisableIOMapper enabled:

20190831_004747.thumb.jpg.5e3bada5451ee6a37d98a3c4a9e89297.jpg

Does someone have an idea about this ?

Edited by Sniki

40 minutes ago, Sniki said:

ok @Andrey1970 here is the new screenshot with PanicNoKextDump and DisableIOMapper enabled:

20190831_004747.thumb.jpg.5e3bada5451ee6a37d98a3c4a9e89297.jpg

Does someone have an idea about this ?

Enable ShrinkMemoryMap and ForceExitBootServices.

Also also try enable ProtectCsmRegion, then disable if no effect.

If helped nothing, try ExitBootServicesDelay 5

@Sniki you have wrong kext order in config>kernel>add. First Lilu, then its plug-ins, then the rest(voodoo,internet,etc). VirtualSMC and its plug-ins after Lilu. Also I'd try UEFI>protocols>ConsoleControl=YES, Quirks>ProvideConsoleGOP=YES. Don't know if it's related, but since you tried everything, shouldn't harm.

3 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

@Sniki you have wrong kext order in config>kernel>add. First Lilu, then its plug-ins, then the rest(voodoo,internet,etc). VirtualSMC and its plug-ins after Lilu. Also I'd try UEFI>protocols>ConsoleControl=YES, Quirks>ProvideConsoleGOP=YES. Don't know if it's related, but since you tried everything, shouldn't harm.

Thanks for the tips @hardcorehenry

I know about the kext order and i have it correctly set on my main oc folder that i was using as i created this one as minimal as possible to try hunting the problem in a more easy way however kext order has no correlation with my current issue.

It should logically be somewhere in FwRuntimeServices.efi quirks or another quirk as logically i see no other possible reason for this to happen as my Clover setup is as perfect as it can currently get.

Maybe i should try OC 0.0.3 with AptioMemoryFix just as a confirmation that the problem is in there somewhere and need to adjust the config.plist or if the problem persists i have to look somewhere outside of FwRuntimeServices and it configs on the plist.

Will try your options and the ones @Andrey1970 suggested and update with results later tonight as im at work right now.

Thanks,

Sniki

Hi,

Just a little trick to enable TRIM for SATA SSD under Mojave last build and Catalina Beta 7.

Add at NVRAM in dict 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

EnableTRIM data <01000000>

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Enable ShrinkMemoryMap and ForceExitBootServices.

Also also try enable ProtectCsmRegion, then disable if no effect.

If helped nothing, try ExitBootServicesDelay 5

None of these options worked unfortunately, I do get same screen.

@Sniki, this is very strange. Can you confirm that you use the latest set of drivers and files? Either master or 0.0.4?

Please enable RequestBootVarRouting. If that helps, we probably have a bug somewhere.

What you have in the log is UEFI runtime services executing from non executable memory. It is probably reasonable to try 0.0.3 and AptioMemoryFix, as I see no reason any of these would behave anyhow differently.

47 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

@Sniki, this is very strange. Can you confirm that you use the latest set of drivers and files? Either master or 0.0.4?

Please enable RequestBootVarRouting. If that helps, we probably have a bug somewhere.

What you have in the log is UEFI runtime services executing from non executable memory. It is probably reasonable to try 0.0.3 and AptioMemoryFix, as I see no reason any of these would behave anyhow differently.

Yes I'm running 0.0.4 and latest AppleSupportPkg (release) not master.

Will try OC 0.0.3 and AptioMemoryFix and let you know.