OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,809 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Sorry @PMheart , but I think this fragment has to be corrected:

call in XNU kernel. Normally it is only the value of \texttt{EAX} that needs to be taken care of,
 which represents the exact CPUID. And the remainders are to be left as zeroes.
For instance, \texttt{A9 06 03 00} stands for CPUID \texttt{0x0306A9} (Ivy Bridge).
A good example can be found at
\href{https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/365}{acidanthera/bugtracker\#365}.

(See \texttt{Special NOTES for Haswell+ low-end})

I used to boot my Intel Pentium Haswell with fake CPUID Ivy Bridge 0x0306A0

Hello,

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Could you please point out the changes that I am supposed to handle? Thanks!

2 hours ago, vit9696 said:

does not even look like a CFG Lock (or any MSR stuff), more like dereferencing null pointer. Perhaps you should consider looking somewhere else.

Thanks @vit9696

Do you have any suggestions/hint on where the problem could be ?

I checked configuration.pdf many times but can't find any reference related to this problem

Any idea ?

I had the OC folder attached as well,

Let me know if you need more files/logs for troubleshooting.

Edited by Sniki

Would anyone know the decimal number to use to in Scan Policy to enable USB scanning but not show EFI please? 

I currently have it set at 0 which works but also shows EFI, I also tried 5,177,603 but that didn't show any more and also gave an error before the boot selector screen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Can you please share your OC, mine does nothing

all i did was use opencore configurator made a new config disabled anything that was default in all option menus.

in smbios i just populated the generic section with the info i needed changed like serial and had to put a mac identifier if not OC defaults to mac pro 6,1 i selected all the check mark options across the bottom  and set auto to auto instead of create. the other thing it needed was applepolicy checked like i explained in my previous post. i am not using any drivers or kexts just config with the smbios info i want changed deleted everything else oh and i set the gui text mode stuff for the bootpicker

Edited by bronxteck

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Would anyone know the decimal number to use to in Scan Policy to enable USB scanning but not show EFI please? 

I currently have it set at 0 which works but also shows EFI, I also tried 5,177,603 but that didn't show any more and also gave an error before the boot selector screen.

Try 3080451

(default + USB)

Or 2818307

(default + USB - SCSI) Do people still use SCSI? (Really?) :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bronxteck said:

all i did was use opencore configurator made a new config disabled anything that was default in all option menus.

in smbios i just populated the generic section with the info i needed changed like serial and had to put a mac identifier if not OC defaults to mac pro 6,1 i selected all the check mark options across the bottom  and set auto to auto instead of create. the other thing it needed was applepolicy checked like i explained in my previous post. i am not using any drivers or kexts just config with the smbios info i want changed deleted everything else oh and i set the gui text mode stuff for the bootpicker

Ok, I used DEBUG version, maybe that exasperated the problem

THANKS

edit:

I'm a lazy SOAB, could you please give me your OC without serial etc.

Edited by STLVNUB

when I get home I guess.

that's funny because the only thing my config is being used for is the serial number LOL. my SMC was replaced and it came with no serial. that's the reason I attempted to try OC on the iMac. apple serializer is too old to run on my machine to fix the issue and I already closed the machine so can't dump then edit and re upload the rom. unless serializer can be modified to run on new systems.

1 hour ago, bronxteck said:

when I get home I guess.

that's funny because the only thing my config is being used for is the serial number LOL. my SMC was replaced and it came with no serial. that's the reason I attempted to try OC on the iMac. apple serializer is too old to run on my machine to fix the issue and I already closed the machine so can't dump then edit and re upload the rom. unless serializer can be modified to run on new systems.

All good, sorted it out myself, thanks for your help

edit:

still no go, what you using it on.

Stick with Clover for time being.

Edited by STLVNUB

2 hours ago, canyondust said:

Try 3080451

(default + USB)

Or 2818307

(default + USB - SCSI) Do people still use SCSI? (Really?) :)

Neither works, just gives an error "OCS: Failed to parse real field of type 1" on the screen before the boot picker and no additional entries.

Will stick to 0 for now.

3 hours ago, bronxteck said:

You should not be using any OpenCore configurator right now, none of them work properly for creating a proper config. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

You should not be using any OpenCore configurator right now, none of them work properly for creating a proper config. Plain and simple.

Did you read it???

We using it on Apple, no real need for ANY config

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Neither works, just gives an error "OCS: Failed to parse real field of type 1" on the screen before the boot picker and no additional entries.

Will stick to 0 for now.

Interesting. I used the old pdf. I’ll double check that the bitmap hasn’t changed.

3 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Will stick to 0 for now.

Try 3080963 (default + usb + hfs)

EDIT: Or 2687750 (Scan FS Lock, Scan Device Lock, Allow APFS, Allow HFS, Allow Sata, Allow NMVE, Allow USB)

Edited by canyondust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

"For instance, \texttt{A0 06 03 00} stands for CPUID \texttt{0x0306A0} (Ivy Bridge)" , thou I'm not using fake CPUID in favor of cpu family kernel patch(VDA decoding:)), it was the only fake CPUID I was able to boot my hackintosh:)

Sorry for my stupidness. I still didn't get it. Might you want to make this patch a quirk or?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, canyondust said:

Try 3080963 (default + usb + hfs)

EDIT: Or 2687750 (Scan FS Lock, Scan Device Lock, Allow APFS, Allow HFS, Allow Sata, Allow NMVE, Allow USB)

BINGO!

3080963 did the trick along with the tip from @Download-Fritz as I was wrongly add the commas but should just have let Xcode do that for me.

Many thanks @canyondust & @Download-Fritz :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, STLVNUB said:

All good, sorted it out myself, thanks for your help

edit:

still no go, what you using it on.

Stick with Clover for time being.

ok here it goes

EFI.zip

looks like you have to re bless OC after apple updates. 

sudo bless --device /dev/disk0s1 --file BOOTx64.efi --setBoot

Edited by bronxteck
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bronxteck said:

ok here it goes

EFI.zip

looks like you have to re bless OC after apple updates. 

sudo bless --device /dev/disk0s1 --file BOOTx64.efi --setBoot

Thanks