OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, FredWst said:

@vit9696

Hi,

Since some build, I'm not able to get verbose mode on all my hacks and no Apple logo in first stage boot.

it began just after using FwRuntimeServices.efi. (Don't remember which build it began and not sure it's OC issue)

Somebody else got the same issue ?

Fred

Hi

do you see verbose only till end seed stuff message?

4 minutes ago, FredWst said:

nothing with -v

Fred

check this:

ConsoleControl

ProvideConsoleGop

if are set NO put it to YES

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

check this:

ConsoleControl

ProvideConsoleGop

if are set NO put it to YES

Will try but don't think this is the trouble, 3 hacks and same issue nothing has been change in my configs.

I did not get Apple boot logo too when removing -v

Fred

Edited by FredWst

Just now, FredWst said:

Will try but don't think this is the trouble, 3 hacks and same issue nothing has been change in my configs.

Fred

have you been updating the OC.efi an added in new selections in to the config

Just now, FredWst said:

Fred

See those parameters..in my case no verbose If I set them to NO

System login fine but it seems locked on End seed message before +++++++++ stage

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to get sound on my Hackintosh with open core. 

Sadly it is not working. I have a ALC892 sound card, AppleALC.kext is in the kext folder, but not loaded (results in no sound)

Can anyone please config the config.plist file correctly for the ALC892 sound?

Mainboard: Z170M-D3H, 6600K, Radeon RX480

Kinds regards

Helipilot

config.plist

1 minute ago, Helipilot2 said:

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to get sound on my Hackintosh with open core. 

Sadly it is not working. I have a ALC892 sound card, AppleALC.kext is in the kext folder, but not loaded (results in no sound)

Can anyone please config the config.plist file correctly for the ALC892 sound?

Mainboard: Z170M-D3H, 6600K, Radeon RX480

Kinds regards

Helipilot

config.plist

use hackintool to get the pci devices an add in to your config an give that a try

7 minutes ago, errorexists said:

sorry my bad

Thanks it works! Another question, The boot loader has a very bad resolution (the apple logo is very big) is there a way to correct that? How do I auto boot macOS (now I have to chose a drive before the os is booting)

5 minutes ago, Helipilot2 said:

to get the bless to work select start up in the system preferences an for the setting for the logo like so
image.thumb.png.c8d2923fb46b9a9985512be6be13e565.png

hope this helps you out

Edited by errorexists

19 minutes ago, errorexists said:

sorry my bad

Thanks it works! Another question, The boot loader has a very bad resolution (the apple logo is very big) is there a way to correct that? How do I auto boot macOS (now I have to chose a drive before the os is booting)

Thnx it is now autobooting, sadly the resolution is still bad 

Hey friends. 2 questions.

Converting my ROM number from Hackintool to whatever is used in OC's config. Can anyone help me with what/how to get 1831BFE049C8 into the right format?

Second question, the first time I got this to boot (pure luck) I definitely set something wrong and confused iCloud and such. Im guessing I set Automatic or UpdateSMBIOS. Which setting says "use this dude?"

EDIT ABOVE: Read the guide. Automatic uses generic. 

Edited by NorthAmTrans
dumb ass

2 hours ago, FredWst said:

I did not get Apple boot logo too when removing -v

Fred

I can confirm I am having the same issue. Was fine when building from OpenCore source a month ago, but this latest release, using '-v', doesn't show verbose. Not sure if it's just -v that is affected as I have a Kaby Lake CPU and use 'lilucpu=8' to fix the Graphical issues that Kaby Lake has with Mojave. The reason I don't think it's working is when using that flag, my laptop screen won't go black for 1 second when the second boot stage process to starting, but during this build, the screen does black out for that duration. I did confirm with the following commands 'nvram -p | grep boot-args' that boot-args are being passed to NVRAM so know NVRAM is working.

I don't know why no one reads the docs. Located under Tips and Tricks in the docs. The key quirk here is ProvideConsoleGop in UEFI quirks.

How can I migrate from AptioMemoryFix?
Behaviour similar to that of AptioMemoryFix can be obtained by installing FwRuntimeServices driver and enabling the quirks listed below. Please note, that most of these are not necessary to be enabled. Refer to their individual descriptions in this document for more details.
• ProvideConsoleGop (UEFI quirk) 
• AvoidRuntimeDefrag
• DiscardHibernateMap
• EnableSafeModeSlide
• EnableWriteUnprotector 
• ForceExitBootServices 
• ProtectCsmRegion
• ProvideCustomSlide
• SetupVirtualMap 
• ShrinkMemoryMap

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

I don't know why no one reads the docs. Located under Tips and Tricks in the docs. The key quirk here is ProvideConsoleGop in UEFI quirks.

How can I migrate from AptioMemoryFix?
Behaviour similar to that of AptioMemoryFix can be obtained by installing FwRuntimeServices driver and enabling the quirks listed below. Please note, that most of these are not necessary to be enabled. Refer to their individual descriptions in this document for more details.
• ProvideConsoleGop (UEFI quirk) 
• AvoidRuntimeDefrag
• DiscardHibernateMap
• EnableSafeModeSlide
• EnableWriteUnprotector 
• ForceExitBootServices 
• ProtectCsmRegion
• ProvideCustomSlide
• SetupVirtualMap 
• ShrinkMemoryMap

Yeah sorry I did research and found the Vanilla Desktop guide for Kaby Lake, but can't find this guide that you mentioned. Do you have a link for reference?

Thanks for the suggestion as that did fix the issue! Wanted to ask another question. I was looking at the guides I could find and how do you drop say the PtidDevc and xh_OEMBD ACPI tables? In Clover, I could just define the table names, but with OC in the examples I see to drop CPU tables, you have to define the table numbers. Just wanted to clear up some ACPI errors I see in verbose.

Edited by Andrw0380

42 minutes ago, NorthAmTrans said:

First attempt. Failure at the very beginning. "Missing plist for Lilu.kext"

Everything seems right in Xcode to my eyes but clearly something is wrong. 

EFI.zip

Your 'drivers' and 'kext' folder should be 'Drivers' and 'Kexts'. It's case-sensitive.

• Like 1