OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

There are many miss spell in your config.plist and many options is miss in your config.plist. Where did you get this config.plist??

You just need to edit SampleFull.plist from OpenCore bootloader's DOC and rename it to config.plist. But try this first,,

config.plist

Hi @Andres ZeroCross

I try your new config.plist: it's be better. There is always some parse issue. Screenshot in attachment

4.jpg

23 minutes ago, iTTT said:

good day,

OC so far so good.

may i know how to prevent OC to auto create log files to EFI/EFI ?

thanks a lot

614233331_ScreenShot2019-08-09at12_34_10PM.png.f15649ddecdce2884d67e4a9e9072357.png

done. 

Misc -> Debug -> Target -> 0

• Like 1

8 hours ago, obus said:

Hi @Andres ZeroCross

Sorry if this is off topic but I don't know where to ask for guidance.

I am running OC latest version and downloaded and compiled the latest Goldfish/AudioPkg.

Putting Audio.dxe and BootChimeDxe.efi in the drivers folder and BootChimeCFG.efi and HdaCodecDump.efi in the Tools folder. Configured BootChimeCFG.efi in Shell. Cleaned NVRAM and Configured sound out to Spdif optical and volume to 40%. Tested the sound and everything sounds great. Rebooted and the sound started to play at the Apple Prgres bar as it should, with perfect quality but it didn't play the the full waw-file only the last part of it.

It seems like some files are loading to late.

Any ideas? 

Write detail of your sound.wav information,, format, kbps, and other detail information

8 hours ago, XLNC said:

@vit9696 hi 

Hi !
I am able to boot to macOS 10.14.6 using OpenCore version 0.0.3 but not able to boot using version 0.0.4
it always gets stuck at End Random Seed

any idea's why this is happening ?

thanks !

here is my log and config :

config.plist

opencore-2019-08-08-111523.txt

62714415-28ed4600-ba1c-11e9-8add-0538a46c01cc.png.9eb0017b83c68bc684fc7dae778a18c1.png

How did you putch 69 kernel patch in config.plist for AMD Processor? I don't see it in your config.plist

Can anybody help me. 

I just Hackintosh early this year on my PC with Clover and Apple image of 10.14. 

I try OC to boot the exist macOS installed but I can go most far at End randomseed. 

Specification

intel I3 6100

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming

DDR4-2400 16GB

Sapphire radeon RX560 4 GB

Enable IGPU

here is my EFI Folder

myOC-EFI.zip

OpenCoreStuck.thumb.jpg.0aa6c7f4086331ffa3c88ea5e8a42520.jpg

Just now, Matgen84 said:

All works fine. No parse. Thanks a lot :)  

Enjoy your hackintosh, remember if you use latest commit of OpenCore then you need to replace BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi,, and make sure use latest drivers from AppleSupportPkg too.

Don't mix old config.plist template with newest commit. All must be in same commit / version to avoid "unpredicted errors"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Enjoy your hackintosh, remember if you use latest commit of OpenCore then you need to replace BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi,, and make sure use latest drivers from AppleSupportPkg too.

Don't mix old config.plist template with newest commit. All must be in same commit / version to avoid "unpredicted errors"

What do you means about config.plist? I've to recreate it for each commit/ version...

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What do you means about config.plist? I've to recreate it for each commit/ version...

Remember this, typo 1 character, wrong class plist (string, bolean, data, dictionary or other) can make error parsing of config.plist.

You must learn / know for every enable / disable options in your config.plist.

There is no similar "Clover Configurator.app" for OpenCore yet, so manual edit of config.plist must be very carefully

31 minutes ago, mangptpt said:

Can anybody help me. 

I just Hackintosh early this year on my PC with Clover and Apple image of 10.14. 

I try OC to boot the exist macOS installed but I can go most far at End randomseed. 

Specification

intel I3 6100

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming

DDR4-2400 16GB

Enable IGPU

here is my EFI Folder

myOC-EFI.zip

Remove your old EFI folders, and paste this. Reboot and post the result

EFI.zip

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Remember this, typo 1 character, wrong class plist (string, bolean, data, dictionary or other) can make error parsing of config.plist.

You must learn / know for every enable / disable options in your config.plist.

There is no similar "Clover Configurator.app" for OpenCore yet, so manual edit of config.plist must be very carefully

Remove your old EFI folders, and paste this. Reboot and post the result

EFI.zip

I try yours and it boot macOS completely as usual in clover. Thank you very much for your help. I will learn what I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

How did you putch 69 kernel patch in config.plist for AMD Processor? I don't see it in your config.plist

kernel patcher in OC doesnt seem to work for me so i manually patched the kernel binary and then directly booting using OC without kernel patches.

3 hours ago, XLNC said:

kernel patcher in OC doesnt seem to work for me so i manually patched the kernel binary and then directly booting using OC without kernel patches.

I have installed AMD hackintosh before,, if something wrong about kernel patcher can make stuck in "random seed".

Can you check again your kernel patch?? Boot with clover with disable all kernel patch,, check if you can bypass random seed error. just to make sure your issue is not about "kernel patch"

• Like 1

I'm really struggling to get a handle on OC. I've tried by the guide and by samples but am missing something. As far as I've gotten with the boot is a few paragraphs in where it breaks into "Attempting...*can't make it out*" then it reboots. Im missing something fundamental here.

I'll keep on reading but if anyone has time to take a look at my config I'd be more than grateful.

If that's not how it's done here then a nudge in the right direction would do. Thanks.

Asus Prime z370a 1, 8700, rx580, Mojave 10.14.6

Cloverconfig.plist

OCconfig.plist

13 hours ago, mangptpt said:

Can anybody help me. 

Specification

intel I3 6100

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming

DDR4-2400 16GB

Enable IGPU

here is my EFI Folder

myOC-EFI.zip

Drivers, drivers, drivers.

Try to use AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsXAptioFix3Drv.efi from Clover.

As a matter of fact, I can't boot with default OC drivers (AppleSupportPkg). Getting stuck just like you do (including with the new FWRuntimeServices.efi). But I can boot no problem with my old Clover drivers.

If it helps, here's what I'm currently using with OpenCore.

Drivers.zip

Edited by arsradu

14 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Write detail of your sound.wav information,, format, kbps, and other detail information

Have no separate sound.wav or bootchime.wav in the root of my EFI-folder. Now using only the default chime sound with BootChimeDXE.efi and AudioDxe.efi. (Tested booth with and without a separate 48000 khz sound.wav file in the root of my EFI-folder with no different result ). Seems to be some lagging from my sound device (Realtek ALCS1220A) connected to my speakers from the Spdif optical output.

3 hours ago, NorthAmTrans said:

I'm really struggling to get a handle on OC. I've tried by the guide and by samples but am missing something. As far as I've gotten with the boot is a few paragraphs in where it breaks into "Attempting...*can't make it out*" then it reboots. Im missing something fundamental here.

I'll keep on reading but if anyone has time to take a look at my config I'd be more than grateful.

If that's not how it's done here then a nudge in the right direction would do. Thanks.

Asus Prime z370a 1, 8700, rx580, Mojave 10.14.6

Cloverconfig.plist

OCconfig.plist

Well there's a couple issues:

- Your ACPI patches are all using Count = 1, this is very bad as it'll only apply to the first instance and your shouldn't be doing ACPI patches regardless with OpenCore. Look at the sample AcpiSamples folder

- EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 are not needed for Skylake+ systems

- GFX0 to IGPU is handled by WhateverGreen already

- Most if not all your ACPI patches are irrelevant, I'm not going to continue critiquing them 

- csr-active-config is a Data value, NOT STRING

- Why are you using Booter quirks if you're not using FwRuntimeServices.efi?

On my configuration the VooDooI2C kexts aren't loading or working with Open Core, the rest of the kexts are fine except for these two: 

VooDooI2C and VooDooI2CHID

Anybody knows how can I debug this?