OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Just now, justin said:

add Disablevariablewrite=YES so you’ll have 3 option with YES. 

This option is ONLY for Z390, B360, H310 while they have nonworking NVRAM. 

On any other mobos Disablevariablewrite=true will definitely broke NVRAM. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

This option is ONLY for Z390, B360, H310 while they have nonworking NVRAM. 

On any other mobos Disablevariablewrite=true will definitely broke NVRAM. 

Any comment on the "timeout" issue in my previous post? 

I've built everything from source (e.g., OpenCorePkg (e611445), AppleSupportPkg (3d2deac), and VirtualSMC (5bb8701)). I'm stuck on "End RandomSeed" after selecting my OS. As far as I can tell, that's something that AptioFixPkg should be fixing for me. I'm seeing that package has be archived/deprecated. I've read through the Configuration.pdf, specifically §5.3, because it seems to have updated docs about the deprecation of AptioFixPkg. Though I still have had no luck.

I've tried my best to follow @Andres ZeroCross's setup because he seems to have darn near the same configuration as mine. My configuration should be in my signature.

I've enabled as much debugging/logging as I can seem to find (opencore-2019-08-07-195012.txt). Any other levers I should try pulling?

config.plist

Edited by rlovelett
Move link for debugging/logging

image.thumb.png.6e951f1e8fd62faca38bdbe42cddf933.png

2 minutes ago, rlovelett said:

I've built everything from source (e.g., OpenCorePkg (e611445), AppleSupportPkg (3d2deac), and VirtualSMC (5bb8701)). I'm stuck on "End RandomSeed" after selecting my OS. As far as I can tell, that's something that AptioFixPkg should be fixing for me. I'm seeing that package has be archived/deprecated. I've read through the Configuration.pdf, specifically §5.3, because it seems to have updated docs about the deprecation of AptioFixPkg. Though I still have had no luck.

I've tried my best to follow @Andres ZeroCross's setup because he seems to have darn near the same configuration as mine. My configuration should be in my signature.

I've enabled as much debugging/logging as I can seem to find (attached). Any other levers I should try pulling?

opencore-2019-08-07-195012.txt

config.plist

Try this config.plist, and report for the result. I just set "AppleXcpmCfgLock=YES",, if in Clover you need to tick "KernelPM" to boot, then this is same function.

config.plist

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

No. 14nm chipset in combination with AsRock BIOS is a dark territory for now. 

Well, AsRock B360M is by far the most no brain hackintosh motherboard for me, almost no patches needed.

By the way, i sometimes, not always, get few seconds high GPU fan speed on boot/sleep/wake, not a big problem but annoying.

12 minutes ago, rlovelett said:

I've enabled as much debugging/logging as I can seem to find (attached). Any other levers I should try pulling?

opencore-2019-08-07-195012.txt

config.plist

Btw, this is wrong. This is connector-less ig-platform-id of Haswell Desktop. You should delete device-id line and change ig-platform-id to 01001219 for Skylake Desktop (connector-less)
image.thumb.png.137d364eb5ab9f5e9096e56f95f6f5b3.png

i have a strange issue, don't have 1st stage Bootlogo and now no working NVRAM on Z370 o.O , also in log 00:000 00:000 OC: Missing GOP entirely - Not Found
00:519 00:519 OCC: Missing GOP on console - Unsupported and GOP is enabled.

594701781_Screenshot2019-08-07at22_34_49.thumb.png.875d29b2343dd59ff017015c783a5328.png

Edited by MacFriedIntel

Mine hangs on Start ProcessOptions...

Tried every possible Booter options, some idea?

IMG_1859.HEIC

Edit

Needed to change:

• DVMT Pre-Allocated 64MB to 32MB
  • keep DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256M

Booter:

• AvoidRuntimeDefrag: true
  • DisableVariableWrite: true
  • EnableWriteUnprotector: true

• ProvideCustomSlide: true (fixes the could not allocate error)
  • SetupVirtualMap: true
Edited by yooouuridafdssdfs

1 hour ago, yooouuridafdssdfs said:

Mine hangs on Start ProcessOptions...

Tried every possible Booter options, some idea?

IMG_1859.HEIC

You have tried "every possible Booter options"? seriously?? If yes, then you just need wait Dev give a solution for you.

People can't predict or give solution without detailing report of your progress, result of every booter option combination you made and specification of your PC.

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Try this config.plist, and report for the result. I just set "AppleXcpmCfgLock=YES",, if in Clover you need to tick "KernelPM" to boot, then this is same function.

config.plist

Sorry for the delay. I had to get up and walk away. I was starting to be frustrated.

It seems that you changed AppleXcpmCfgLock to true and XhciPortLimit to true. When I copied the file into my Git repo it reported those two Plist items as changed. Not that big of a deal just thought it was worth noting.

The bottom line, it worked! :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Btw, this is wrong. This is connector-less ig-platform-id of Haswell Desktop. You should delete device-id line and change ig-platform-id to 01001219 for Skylake Desktop (connector-less)

Thank you for catching that. There are likely a lot of other things wrong with my configuration. Like I said, I'm past the RandomSeed issue. Now I've got other ones.

I'm going to work through those for a few hours before I start asking here though. Again thank you @Andres ZeroCross.

8 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

You have tried "every possible Booter options"? seriously?? If yes, then you just need wait Dev give a solution for you.

People can't predict or give solution without detailing report of your progress, result of every booter option combination you made and specification of your PC.

See my previous answer.

Yes I tried almost every possible solution, set them to false and to true etc etc hahaha.

Only sleep won't work, it turns off my screen and comes back instantly.

EDIT

I need to enable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock, now sleep is working :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by yooouuridafdssdfs

6 minutes ago, yooouuridafdssdfs said:

See my previous answer.

Yes I tried almost every possible solution, set them to false and to true etc etc hahaha.

Only sleep won't work, it turns off my screen and comes back instantly.

Previous answer???? You mean i need to check few pages of this thread to see your previous post?? Seriously??

Now you wrote "Only sleep won't work, it turns off my screen and comes back instantly." not "hangs on Start ProcessOptions" with same "every possible booter options".

It will need six sense to predict what did you set on config.plist :)

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

Previous answer???? You mean i need to check few pages of this thread to see your previous post?? Seriously??

Now you wrote "Only sleep won't work, it turns off my screen and comes back instantly." not "hangs on Start ProcessOptions" with same "every possible booter options".

It will need six sense to predict what did you set on config.plist :)

I edited my post, that's what I meant by "see my previous answer".

Dont ment to be rude, sorry...

18 minutes ago, yooouuridafdssdfs said:

I need to enable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock, now sleep is working :thumbsup_anim:

AFAIK, AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are nothing to do with sleep. Maybe you made another change in plist? 

image.png.f03baf632eb9729ae93aadd2d4797143.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

2 minutes ago, yooouuridafdssdfs said:

Weird, I changed it back to false and yes sleep is still working...

I uploaded my config.plist, hope somebody will help it

config_Z390-UD.plist

I don't understand,, you have sleep working now with your current booter combination. What's problem now??? other issue?

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I don't understand,, you have sleep working now with your current booter combination. What's problem now??? other issue?

I thought enabling AppleCpuPmCfgLock would solve my sleep issue, but it did not.

I have sleep working with that config, yes.

There is no issue anymore!

Finally had the supplemental update installed.

I have a dual display setup, one 4K monitor and one 2K monitor with portrait orientation. The installer boots right in if I unplugged the 2K monitor!

Could this be a bug?