OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, maddie said:

Sure, here are the photos for the verbose log. Sorry for the small text, it's a 4k monitor. Is there a way to save this verbose log into a file?

1.HEIC

2.HEIC

Also, my current config.plist, with board info redacted.

config.plist

Log is completed except about IGPU power mangement, but it shouldn't prevent you from boot to desktop / instalation progress.

I assumed you have used dual GPU (IGPU haswell + RX 580), RX 580 without WhateverGreen get black screen here.

Here is my conclusions,,
1. What version of your lilu.kext???
2. What version of your WhateverGreen.kext??

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Log is completed except about IGPU power mangement, but it shouldn't prevent you from boot to desktop / instalation progress.

I assumed you have used dual GPU (IGPU haswell + RX 580), RX 580 without WhateverGreen get black screen here.

Here is my conclusions,,
1. What version of your lilu.kext???
2. What version of your WhateverGreen.kext??

1. Lilu is 1.3.8, compiled from repository.

2. WhateverGreen is 1.3.1, compiled from repository.

I do have iGPU enabled on Haswell platform, configured as connector-less and RX 580, running with WhateverGreen. I can boot into macOS just fine, just not the installer.

2 minutes ago, maddie said:

I do have iGPU enabled on Haswell platform, configured as connector-less and RX 580, running with WhateverGreen. I can boot into macOS just fine, just not the installer.

Please use this, and report for the result

config.plist

11 minutes ago, maddie said:

And i still curious about "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext", just try this Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. I have used it and working fine here with Mojave 18G87

Note : You said about debug=0x100 prevent reboot in your PC,, if it's the case then when you boot itu macOS partition you will see "Crash Report about kernel panic". debug=0x100 is preventing system reboot from kernel panic only. If you don't see any crash report when you have login to your mac partition, then it mean "there is no kernel panic".

Archive.zip

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

11 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

And i still curious about "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext", just try this Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. I have used it and working fine here with Mojave 18G87

Note : You said about debug=0x100 prevent reboot in your PC,, if it's the case then when you boot itu macOS partition you will see "Crash Report about kernel panic". debug=0x100 is preventing system reboot from kernel panic only. If you don't see any crash report when you have login to your mac partition, then it mean "there is no kernel panic".

Archive.zip

Just compared and applied the changes from your config.plist from the previous post, it's still the same.

IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio is required to get my system to boot, so I left it enabled.

The WhateverGreen and Lilu also doesn't seem to make any difference here..

Where did you see the "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext" in the screen shot? I can't seem to find it.

And about the crash report thing you've mentioned, actually I didn't see a crash report when I boot back into macOS, so maybe it's not really a kernel panic, it just froze there without any display..

1 minute ago, maddie said:

Just compared and applied the changes from your config.plist from the previous post, it's still the same.

IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio is required to get my system to boot, so I left it enabled.

The WhateverGreen and Lilu also doesn't seem to make any difference here..

Where did you see the "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext" in the screen shot? I can't seem to find it.

And about the crash report thing you've mentioned, actually I didn't see a crash report when I boot back into macOS, so maybe it's not really a kernel panic, it just froze there without any display..

I just remove "unused properties in your IGPU for connector-less" platform.

About "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext" is just my opinion, black screen after verbose, no display is issues in AMD GPU without WhateverGreen.kext. Here is another step to make sure of it.

Just use IGPU, remove your AMD card. And use normal ig-platform-id. Can you continue installation of update???

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I just remove "unused properties in your IGPU for connector-less" platform.

About "unloaded of WhateverGreen.kext" is just my opinion, black screen after verbose, no display is issues in AMD GPU without WhateverGreen.kext. Here is another step to make sure of it.

Just use IGPU, remove your AMD card. And use normal ig-platform-id. Can you continue installation of update???

Even if it can, it shouldn't be a requirement to install the update.

Plus I have the same problem on another platform, the Deskmini build in my signature, which has only iGPU. And the Z370 build with Vega 64 updated just fine.

So it would be great to find the culprit here :(

6 minutes ago, maddie said:

Even if it can, it shouldn't be a requirement to install the update.

Plus I have the same problem on another platform, the Deskmini build in my signature, which has only iGPU. And the Z370 build with Vega 64 updated just fine.

So it would be great to find the culprit here :(

If you can continue update with IGPU only,, then we will know the rest of problem.
There is no "error log" in your verbose,
DSMOS has arrived (VirtualSMC.kext is loaded)
Audio is working fine

No strange log,, i just curious about Whatergreen.kext is not loaded. (AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy / old issue)

Another workaround is about "EC" device.
Your Z97 didn't use "EC" device (no DSDT, and no EC renaming in config.plist). This is can break boot in New Catalina build, but stop/stuck in early log about RTC not like your current verbose log. I am not sure if this will make issue to the latest Mojave. @maddie And if your Z370 update process is fine then Can you check your Z370? open ioreg and check about EC device in your IOREG. Then add EC device for your Z97 too

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-EC.dsl

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

8 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

If you can continue update with IGPU only,, then we will know the rest of problem.
There is no "error log" in your verbose,
DSMOS has arrived (VirtualSMC.kext is loaded)
Audio is working fine

No strange log,, i just curious about Whatergreen.kext is not loaded. (AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy / old issue)

Maybe I should try using a DEBUG version of WhateverGreen and enable -wegdbg to see if there's any log from WhateverGreen?

Also, from a previous OpenCore debug log, I can see WhateverGreen prelink injection is success. So I guess it means it's loaded?

Edited by maddie

6 minutes ago, maddie said:

Maybe I should try using a DEBUG version of WhateverGreen and enable -wegdbg to see if there's any log from WhateverGreen?

Also, from a previous OpenCore debug log, I can see WhateverGreen prelink injection is success. So I guess it means it's loaded?

The problem is your current configuration is not compatible with latest Mojave Build 18G87 and your current build is 18G84.Correct???

OpenCore bootloader current version is no problem with latest 18G87,, So we will check it from kext first, then acpi table. Just it

2 hours ago, maddie said:

I think iMac15,1 smbios would be better choice for you. You could also add additional properties for your graphic, don't need device-id, change model to your own, change edid and maybe add ATY,bin_image, at least you could try. Example on my ancient hardware, works its best.

GRAPHIC.png.a5116d7986083156b18227bd03089382.png.

6 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

How about ?? Did you tried it before?
SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=NO

What patch?? Can you be more specific???

Sorry for my poor english.

I means KernelToPatch and KextToPatch for my IvyBridge config or else. For example, Hot-Plug: I search something compatible with Catalina for my Aorus Master config

5 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Yes. Later

Did some test on my B360M-HDV with OC-2019-08-08, Booter Quirks synced also. 

EnableWriteUnprotector =YES , others NO:

sleep OK, nvram variable to see: boot-path NO, opencore-version NO, cold boot F11 BIOS menu NO

EnableWriteUnprotector =yes, AvoidRuntimeDefrag =yes, others NO :

sleep NO,  nvram variable to see: boot-path YES opencore-version YES, cold boot F11 BIOS menu YES.

EnableWriteUnprotector =NO, others YES or NO, 

Not able to boot, stuck at Apple Logo. 

Tried other combinations, looks like EnableWriteUnprotector has to be YES for sleep to work. AvoidRuntimeDefrag has to be yes to be able to see boot-path and opencore-version variable. but they can't work together. 

UPDATE: SUCCESS!!!

You guys are awesome, with this new combinations: AvoidRuntimeDefrag=YES DisableVariableWrite=YES EnableWriteUnprotector=YES,

Sleep YES

Shutdown YES

Variable to see: 

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version YES

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path YES

cold boot F11 BIOS boot menu YES

Will test Recovery and Safe Mode

Edited by justin
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry for my poor english.

I means KernelToPatch and KextToPatch for my IvyBridge config or else. For example, Hot-Plug: I search something compatible with Catalina for my Aorus Master config

just put the binary find and replace to config.plis of OpenCore's config.plist. Picture below show about Patch of AMD9500Controller.kext (kext to patch in clover's config.plist).

And about KernelToPatch, what's kind of kernel do you want to patch??. Kernel -> Quirks contains about some kernel patch mostly
image.thumb.png.3de4aa819d35a534e679305f7933f082.png

3 hours ago, justin said:

Did some test on my B360M-HDV with OC-2019-08-08, Booter Quirks synced also. 

EnableWriteUnprotector =YES , others NO:

sleep OK, nvram variable to see: boot-path NO, opencore-version NO, cold boot F11 BIOS menu NO

EnableWriteUnprotector =yes, AvoidRuntimeDefrag =yes, others NO :

sleep NO,  nvram variable to see: boot-path YES opencore-version YES, cold boot F11 BIOS menu YES.

EnableWriteUnprotector =NO, others YES or NO, 

Not able to boot, stuck at Apple Logo. 

Tried other combinations, looks like EnableWriteUnprotector has to be YES for sleep to work. AvoidRuntimeDefrag has to be yes to be able to see boot-path and opencore-version variable. but they can't work together. 

UPDATE: SUCCESS!!!

You guys are awesome, with this new combinations: AvoidRuntimeDefrag=YES DisableVariableWrite=YES EnableWriteUnprotector=YES,

Sleep YES

Shutdown YES

Variable to see: 

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version YES

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path YES

cold boot F11 BIOS boot menu YES

Will test Recovery and Safe Mode

Still have one issue though. If i shutdown macOS, pull off the power cable, plugin the power cable again, and let opencore boot the first item automatically, i will get a timeout message, and no APPLE LOGO showed, wait for a while, it will bring me directly to macOS login window. If i choose manually by typing 1, the same issue.  (ignore my monitor glitches at the top corner, this damn LG 4k monitor needs repair)

other than that, there is no further issue. Recovery and Safe Mode boots fine. 

My EFI tree

% tree -L 3
├── BOOT
│   └── BOOTx64.efi
└── OC
    ├── ACPI
    │   ├── SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    │   ├── SSDT-PLUG.aml
    │   └── SSDT-SET-STAS-Darwin.aml
    ├── Drivers
    │   ├── ApfsDriverLoader.efi
    │   ├── FwRuntimeServices.efi
    │   ├── HFSPlus.efi
    │   └── VirtualSmc.efi
    ├── Kexts
    │   ├── AppleALC.kext
    │   ├── IntelMausi.kext
    │   ├── Lilu.kext
    │   ├── SMCProcessor.kext
    │   ├── SMCSuperIO.kext
    │   ├── USBPorts-B360M.kext
    │   ├── VirtualSMC.kext
    │   └── WhateverGreen.kext
    ├── OpenCore.efi
    ├── Tools
    │   ├── CleanNvram.efi
    │   ├── Shell.efi
    │   ├── grubmod.efi
    │   └── memtest86.efi
    └── config.plist

DEF281FC-95BD-4154-8815-C69A8384561E.jpeg

Edited by justin

11 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

With this combination, i can boot into windows and Linux (sleep and Restart working good in Windows). But can't boot into macOS.

6.png

Add one more on top of this? Add 2nd one = YES

20 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

With this combination, i can boot into windows and Linux (sleep and Restart working good in Windows). But can't boot into macOS.

Rebuild OpenCorePkg. Windows boot with SetupVirtualMap=true fixed.