OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, justin said:

B360M here, exactly same. 

@vandroiy2012 said in post above:

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

It works for my Z390 Aorus Master. I've verbose mode because I use it.

11 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Thanks for the informati0n,, i just deleted VariableRuntime.efi from my drivers. I tested in windows, Sleep and Restart are still working in Windows (NVRAM Problem before). I need this file (from @vit9696) before to fix my NVRAM in Windows 

Just set YES to this options to enable "Unlock limit patch",, it's in Kernel -> Quirks

Thanks a lot. @Andres ZeroCross  :)

What about others patches: I don't find the way to use it in OC Config.plist

Edited by Matgen84

10 hours ago, dgsga said:

@justin

@Andres ZeroCross

I have a z390 rig too. With the new driver system I have also found that if  SetupAppleMap=NO and SetupAppleSlide=NO, shutdown and sleep both work without the need for VariableRuntimeDxe.efi. This is a step forward :) but without VariableRuntimeDxe.efi I still don't get persistent NVRAM across boots. Have either of you managed to get NVRAM working on z390 without the VariableRuntimeDxe driver and NVRAM > LegacyEnable set to YES?

My PC Specifications is Z170 not Z390,, no problem here with NVRAM. Few weeks ago i have problem with sleep and restart in Windows (NVRAM problem in windows about hibernate) and solved with VariableRuntime.efi but now i deleted it. There is no problem with Linux, Windows and macOS with NVRAM.

17 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

ConsoleControl and ProvideConsoleGop are true as always, the Apple logo shows up fine after selecting boot entry when I was using OpenCore built at commit 1338b0c. The one that I built at latest commit 60b42e5 has this issue, without changing the config file.

EDIT: Well to be exact, without changing these parts in the config. Added the Booter section though.

Edited by maddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

Here is my problem:

If ProvideConsoleGop=YES ConsoleControl=YES SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES, then

1. i'm able to see apple logo

2. OC starts the 1st item automatically

3. Sleep does NOT work

4. Shutdown turns into Reboot

5. nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path shows correct value

else if

ProvideConsoleGop=YES ConsoleControl=YES SetupAppleMap=NO SetupAppleSlide=NO, then

1. Sleep works 

2. Shutdown works

3. OC Starts the 1st item automatically fine BUT with a delay (saying timeout) and with NO Apple Logo, wait for a while it gets me login window. 

4. logs from OpenCore debug: OC: Missing GOP on ConsoleOutHandle, will install - Unsupported

5. nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path shows (iokit/common) data was not found

6. after reboot i'm not able to pop up the BIOS BOOT ENTRY by hitting F11 to choose USB Drive (this testing OC is on my USB drive), i have to take off USB driver and reboot, and plugin and reboot again and F11 can show the USB drive as boot option. 

fi

Edited by justin

6 minutes ago, justin said:

Here is my problem:

If ProvideConsoleGop=YES ConsoleControl=YES SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES, then

1. i'm able to see apple logo

2. OC starts the 1st item automatically

3. Sleep does NOT work

4. Shutdown turns into Reboot

else if

ProvideConsoleGop=YES ConsoleControl=YES SetupAppleMap=NO SetupAppleSlide=NO,

1. Sleep works 

2. Shutdown works

3. OC Starts the 1st item automatically fine BUT with a delay and with NO Apple Logo

4. logs from OpenCore debug: OC: Missing GOP on ConsoleOutHandle, will install - Unsupported

fi

We should be patient, 

There is no update information about those option yet in configuration.pdf

Btw, did you disable CSM Options from BIOS? I have disabled it always

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

There no update information about those option yet in configuration.pdf

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcSupportPkg/blob/40b43134e35dd1423a6d0d73addda00864fe2938/Include/Library/OcAppleBootCompatLib.h#L21

5 minutes ago, justin said:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OcSupportPkg/blob/40b43134e35dd1423a6d0d73addda00864fe2938/Include/Library/OcAppleBootCompatLib.h#L21

How about ?? Did you tried it before?
SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=NO

32 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

ConsoleControl=true

ProvideConsoleGop=true

What patch?? Can you be more specific???

16 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

What patch?? Can you be more specific???

SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=NO actually fixes the Apple logo problem, thanks!

But still, the updater wouldn't run. Even Recovery isn't working, it's the same as the updater, reboots itself after 50% of the progress bar.

Is there any way I can get a copy of the verbose boot log as a file for the updater? I guess it's not really a problem of OpenCore itself, rather some configuration that makes the updater reboot/panic at some step.

1 minute ago, maddie said:

SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=NO actually fixes the Apple logo problem, thanks!

But still, the updater wouldn't run. Even Recovery isn't working, it's the same as the updater, reboots itself after 50% of the progress bar.

Is there any way I can get a copy of the verbose boot log as a file for the updater? I guess it's not really a problem of OpenCore itself, rather some configuration that makes the updater reboot/panic at some step.

Honestly i don't know what's is your detail problem?? Can you write it again with more details???

21 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Setting like that will break Shutdown and Sleep. I have to set both off to get proper sleep/shutdown. 

31 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Btw, did you disable CSM Options from BIOS? I have disabled it always

YES. It was disabled since the beginning of my hack on this motherboard. I'm just testing the new OC. The one i built on 7/23 worked perfectly with AptioMemoryFix + VariableRuntimeDxe. I think the FwRuntimeServices.efi is to blame for the new OC i built yesterday, as it replaces the two efi.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Honestly i don't know what's is your detail problem?? Can you write it again with more details???

Sure.

Problem: The last supplemental update for 10.14.6 from Apple, cannot be installed on this Z97-A system (in signature). (And another system of mine with Asrock Deskmini 310, but that's another issue)

---

When using older OpenCore at commit 1338b0c:

After rebooting by clicking "Restart" on the update pane, only the "macOS Installer" is selectable from the OpenCore picker. When I select "macOS Installer", the Apple logo and progress bar shows. After just a bit more than 50% of the progress bar is done, the system reboots itself, returning to the OpenCore menu with only the "macOS Installer", so I can't get back into the OS.

---

Then I compiled the latest OpenCore at commit 60b42e5, hoping that it might be a known issue that's being fixed. The new version can show both "macOS Installer" and the "macOS" boot entry, which is great, or I had to use a Clover USB disk to boot back to macOS.

But using the latest OpenCore gives the same result, selecting "macOS Installer" boots into the installer DMG as shown in verbose mode (with "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100" boot-args). After around 50% of the progress bar (non-verbose mode) or after NTP service has been ran (verbose mode), the system came to a stop for a while, then went into a black screen without rebooting (guessing it could be because of the debug=0x100 boot-arg, without this boot-arg it would just reboot like it did in non-verbose mode). Since it turns into a black screen, no further logs can be seen on the screen, and I can't really spot anything wrong with the earlier logs, that's why I'm wondering if there's a way to save verbose mode boot log into a file.

26 minutes ago, maddie said:

I installed Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87) few days ago from Settings/Software Update with the OC i built on 7/23 (4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version    REL-004-2019-07-23), no problem, everything works as before. 

9 minutes ago, justin said:

I installed Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87) few days ago from Settings/Software Update with the OC i built on 7/23 (4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version    REL-004-2019-07-23), no problem, everything works as before. 

I still can see nvram boot-path with previous or current OC version

image.thumb.png.d54515681746be9178c332e630a744de.png

13 minutes ago, maddie said:

Sure.

Problem: The last supplemental update for 10.14.6 from Apple, cannot be installed on this Z97-A system (in signature). (And another system of mine with Asrock Deskmini 310, but that's another issue)

---

After rebooting by clicking "Restart" on the update pane, only the "macOS Installer" is selectable from the OpenCore picker. When I select "macOS Installer", the Apple logo and progress bar shows. After just a bit more than 50% of the progress bar is done, the system reboots itself, returning to the OpenCore menu with only the "macOS Installer", so I can't get back into the OS.

---

Then I compiled the latest OpenCore at commit 60b42e5, hoping that it might be a known issue that's being fixed. The new version can show both "macOS Installer" and the "macOS" boot entry, which is great, or I had to use a Clover USB disk to boot back to macOS.

But using the latest OpenCore gives the same result, selecting "macOS Installer" boots into the installer DMG as shown in verbose mode (with "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100" boot-args). After around 50% of the progress bar (non-verbose mode) or after NTP service has been ran (verbose mode), the system came to a stop for a while, then went into a black screen without rebooting (guessing it could be because of the debug=0x100 boot-arg, without this boot-arg it would just reboot like it did in non-verbose mode). Since it turns into a black screen, no further logs can be seen on the screen, and I can't really spot anything wrong with the earlier logs, that's why I'm wondering if there's a way to save verbose mode boot log into a file.

Let's make it simple,,
1. Don't put any USB Installer to your PC
2. Boot with current OC Version bootloader and set Verbose mode
3. Take a screenshoot in your Boot Picker (boot entry)

28 minutes ago, justin said:

My Z370 system installs fine too, the other two do not however. I'm looking for a way to figure out why..

EDIT: On the Asrock Deskmini 310 system, I was able to complete the installation by booting with my old Clover backup. On the Z97 system, however, booting with the old Clover backup for this system doesn't seem to work either. So I'm still guessing some configuration error on my end, but I can't figure out which or what that causes it because the lack of logging from system boot..

Edited by maddie

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I still can see nvram boot-path with previous or current OC version

image.thumb.png.d54515681746be9178c332e630a744de.png

Yes, me too. with 7/23 version, it shows. with 8/6 version, it shows unless SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES. but SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES brings more issue to me: 

30 minutes ago, maddie said:

Sure.

---

---

THere is no log, so i can't read the log. But you say you can't boot into recovery partition too. Maybe your issues are about
1. Old kext version (just make sure you have used latest version of necessary kext)
2. Take a look at this options. Maybe you will understand

image.thumb.png.13341de17691dbf492aea961252d37c6.png

20 minutes ago, justin said:

Yes, me too. with 7/23 version, it shows. with 8/6 version, it shows unless SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES. but SetupAppleMap=YES SetupAppleSlide=YES brings more issue to me: 

What's your options about this?? YES or NO???

I have set YES
image.png.3ebd7eaddabaaa9c7ec1dc5feb984493.png

5 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

THere is no log, so i can't read the log. But you say you can't boot into recovery partition too. Maybe your issues are about
1. Old kext version (just make sure you have used latest version of necessary kext)
2. Take a look at this options. Maybe you will understand

image.thumb.png.13341de17691dbf492aea961252d37c6.png

What's your options about this?? YES or NO???

I have set YES
image.png.3ebd7eaddabaaa9c7ec1dc5feb984493.png

1. I have the latest kexts. All the kexts are compiled altogether when I compile OpenCore.

2. I have the AvoidHighAlloc option set to false. Should I try to enable it?

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

I don't know if this will help, but i always clean NVRAM with "CleanNvram.efi" before change configuration about NVRAM stuff

I have the same habit as you, i even cut off the power cable after clean nvram. i always do that before i try new versions of OC. 

2 minutes ago, maddie said:

1. I have the latest kexts. All the kexts are compiled altogether when I compile OpenCore.

2. I have the AvoidHighAlloc option set to false. Should I try to enable it?

To avoid WRONG STEP, you need to upload Verbose log / photo.
You didn't follow my requestment above too. How can i analyze your problem / give solution?

About latest OC, here is my understanding, don't know if i'm correct:

1. (( 30%  (assume) code of FwRuntimeServices.efi + Booter/Quirks )) Replaces AptioMemoryFix.efi

2. The rest of 70% code of FwRuntimeServices.efi Replaces VariableRuntimeDxe.efi from AUDK. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

To avoid WRONG STEP, you need to upload Verbose log / photo.
You didn't follow my requestment above too. How can i analyze your problem / give solution?

Sure, here are the photos for the verbose log. Sorry for the small text, it's a 4k monitor. Is there a way to save this verbose log into a file?

1.HEIC

2.HEIC

Also, my current config.plist, with board info redacted.

config.plist