OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hardcorehenry said:

I'm on desktop Haswell system and it seems I have embedded controller of PNP0C09 type.

Embeded.png.4a0d9d46c8c48825bcf61ab16ef02d46.png

Did I understood well, and my SSDT-EC.aml should look like this?

GOT_EC.png.b133e08f2dd9985f3bd8f763612bcc2d.png

or just use one of this methods and then add power to my USB legacy kext ? Please some hints.

Your H_EC PNP0C09 Return (Zero), it was not enabled (and don't try to enable it), you need Fake EC, so just use Device (EC), comment out everything else. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all!

Trying to apply this kextpatch to my config.plist but can't get it to work.

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>ATIController TestVRAM boot failure patch</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

uapVqlU7DJA=

</data>

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>

<false/>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AMDSupport</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

uapVqlU5yZA=

</data>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>ATIController TestVRAM magenta-colored lines patch</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

xwSxqlWqVQ==

</data>

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>

<false/>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AMDSupport</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

kJCQkJCQkA==

</data>

</dict>

This way is not working.420470052_Screenshot2019-08-02at23_14_31.thumb.png.9c345fc12e123b87e5da411a390b2b8b.png

Any help appreciated.

Edited by obus

4 minutes ago, justin said:

TableSignature key is missing

Sorry @justin Could you please elaborate little further?

I don't understand this:

1. TableSignatureType:

textttplist data, 4 bytes
    Failsafe: All zero
    Description: Match table signature to be equal to this value unless all zero.

2 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

This patches are already implemented in WhateverGreen.kext as symbolic patch. No need to use them in bootloader. Just build latest WEG from master. 

Sorry but I can't use WEG. As soon as I use WEG I just boot to a black screen.

@vandroiy2012

please read my message in this thread:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325987-whatevergreen-support-topic/?page=43

"Hi all.

I have a Xeon W 2175 processor without internal IGPU running OpenCore latest compile 0.0.4. and everything is working flawlessy. 

For Graphics I use a Sapphire water-cooled RX Vega 64 reference card. I just use Lilu and AppleALC-kext. My problem is that as soon as I use WEG I have the Apple logo and then black screen after progress bar.

Yesterday I've red here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337637-amd-radeon-vii-in-macos-mojave/?page=9 that the pink artefacts when booting in to Mojave 10.14.6 are fixed with new version of Lilu and WEG.

Today I compiled my own Lilu and WEG (embedded) and tested. Could confirm that the artefacts is gone but I am still booting to black screen with injected WEG."

Edited by obus

17 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Do not use the modified forks of drivers from Clover.

Use the original from the author: https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg

i was downloaded from https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg but doesn't working.

Edited by zisqo

11 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

This patches are already implemented in WhateverGreen.kext as symbolic patch. No need to use them in bootloader. Just build latest WEG from master. 

Problems solved with agdpmod = pikera and newly compiled Lilu and WEG.:)

• Like 1

Having trouble booting, getting stuck on SmcReadValueKey right after End RandomSeed

Here is my latest log file opencore-2019-08-03-141553.txt with Serial# hidden

Here is my current config.plist with serial# hidden

my EFI folder

389716839_ScreenShot2019-08-03at10_39_00AM.png.d222fd42822cddcaa0aa829da848acb3.png

and what I see when I try to boot

IMG_4831.thumb.JPG.61920a5fdc4331d2a536c038fdce18c1.JPG

I'm hoping I have made a simple error and someone can point it out

I also notice a reference to CLOVER in the log file, this doesn't seem right.

maybe there is a NVRAM variable I have to delete? I don't know.

I built the latest debug version of OpenCore and all kexts right before this latest attempt.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Edited by rusty-bits
wrong link for log file

20 hours ago, errorexists said:

out of curiosity is there a way to stop from making a new file for every boot without turning the log off an just reuse 1 txt? image.thumb.png.733dd174ddc6b3d5da9b3b74693aa391.png

since you have nvram.plist showed on your ESP partition, that means you're using LogoutHook.command, so just add

rm -f /Volumes/EFI/opencore-*.txt

(you have to look at the code to find out what's best way to add this command, this is just an example/idea)

to the end of LogoutHook.command?

Edited by justin

51 minutes ago, justin said:

since you have nvram.plist showed on your ESP partition, that means you're using LogoutHook.command, so just add

rm -f /Volumes/EFI/opencore-*.txt

(you have to look at the code to find out what's best way to add this command, this is just an example/idea)

The logs have nothing to do with the nvram.plist file, I have native NVRAM and mine generates a new log every boot with Target set to xx

if we move the Target level then if we get a problem it won't generate a log, why couldn't the logging just be left the way it was as an overwritable *.log file.

Edited by MacFriedIntel

51 minutes ago, justin said:

rm -f /EFI/opencore-*.txt

what are your talking about this has nothing to do with nvram.plist as its for the logging

10 minutes ago, errorexists said:

what are your talking about this has nothing to do with nvram.plist as its for the logging

You were looking for a method to get only one txt log file, i gave you a method. Please take a look at how LogoutHook.command works. Basically, you can add a script to somewhere so macOS can run your script on shutdown/reboot:

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook  /path/to/your/script

and in your script, you can include "rm -f /Volumes/EFI/opencore-*.txt", well you have to mount ESP first in your script, before this command.

this means every time you shutdown/reboot. logs will be deleted, and then opencore will generate a new log on boot.

now do you get me? 

Edited by justin

Advanced issues found

9 minutes ago, justin said:

You were looking for a method to get only one txt log file, i gave you a method. Please take a look at how LogoutHook.command works. Basically, you can add a script to somewhere so macOS can run your script on shutdown/reboot:

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook  /path/to/your/script

and in your script, you can include "rm -f /Volumes/EFI/opencore-*.txt", well you have to mount ESP first in your script, before this command.

this means every time you shutdown/reboot. logs will be deleted, and then opencore will generate a new log on boot.

now do you get me? 

I get it, but seems a lot of effort just to remove something that shouldn't fill up the ESP like that.

20 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

if we move the Target level then if we get a problem it won't generate a log, why couldn't the logging just be left the way it was as an overwritable *.log file.

Any system (macOS, Linux, Windows) would have multiple logs in case you wanted to trace, i don't see that's a problem, for example, run this command on your macOS: "ls /var/log/", what do you see. 

4 minutes ago, justin said:

Any system (macOS, Linux, Windows) would have multiple logs in case you wanted to trace, i don't see that's a problem, for example, run this command on your macOS: "ls /var/log/", what do you see. 

Multiple logs are fine, but in macos, you don't see them all over the root of a partition, tidy them up in a folder that would make better sense to me.

and running that command I see a log that overwrites itself.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 18.19.58.png

8 minutes ago, MacFriedIntel said:

Multiple logs are fine, but in macos, you don't see them all over the root of a partition, tidy them up in a folder that would make better sense to me.

and running that command I see a log that overwrites itself.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 18.19.58.png

I see a lot ... 

153762858_ScreenShot2019-08-05at01_25_48.thumb.png.00d07ad7f598c732dd29e6bf7ff34a82.png

Edited by justin

the point I am making is there should be something set within open core not to generate a log if there is nothing to put into the log, instead of creating empty files

i wasn't talking about macOS logs. there's no point having blank log files. 

49 minutes ago, zsirmo said:

Hello,

I have a problem with OpenCore boot loader. Many many ACPI ERROR :(

Mainboard: Asus Z97-K

I follow Opencore Haswell document.

Attached screenshot, and EFI folder.

EFI_opencore.zip

20190805_011228.jpg

This is your issue:

VldcfLA.png

As the documentation says, you should not do ACPI table renames in config. You should use SSDTs.

Test this EFI

EFI.zip

Edited by Pavo

On 8/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, Andrey1970 said:

2132325716_2019-08-0314_54_57.png.79c00ace68a04d00e79751c0db41887e.png

You have to understand that it is an offtopic.

already copy a bootchimedxe.efi to efi/oc/drivers folder but some delay(2-3secs) when i saw a apple logo  and no sound play even plug a spk at internal speaker or lint out port

About the aforementioned supplemental update problem, my Z370 rig updates just fine, but my another Z97 rig also fails, boots into Apple logo with progress bar, hangs at about 1/3 of the progress and reboots. So this makes 2 out of 3 of my hacks fail to install the update (one Asrock Deskmini 310 with i7-8700 and UHD 630, one Z97 rig with i7-4790K and RX580)

Just compiled the latest OpenCore and its components from the repository, and updated the configuration according to the latest Configuration.pdf and SampleFull.plist (also comments in OcAppleBootCompatLib.h from OcSupportPkg for the Booter section), then tried again.

This time:

1. In normal boot (not booting into update installer), OpenCore menu just stays on screen for a while, then suddenly the Apple logo with an almost done progress bar shows up (second stage?) and went into login screen in a second

2. Now I'm able to select both update installer (macOS Installer) and macOS itself (wasn't able to when I was using the older build, only macOS Installer shows up if I selected "Restart to update" in the OS)

3. Selecting "macOS Installer", OpenCore menu also stays on screen for a while, then reboots

Attached is my config.plist for my Z97 rig with board info redacted. Am I doing anything wrong?

config.plist