OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Enrize said:

Is it possible to hide this text over GUI?

Disabling "-v" flag doesn't work.

I'm asking myself for whom configuration.pdf was written?:(

1. IgnoreTextInGraphics
    Type: plist boolean
    Failsafe: false
    Description: Select firmwares output text onscreen in both graphics and text mode. This is normally unexpected, because random text may appear over graphical images and cause UI corruption. Setting this option to true will discard all text output when console control is in mode different from Text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

My bad! I swear i did search for it in configuration.pdf but somehow missed this. Too many technical information could be overwhelming.

Thank you!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Hmm, but it doesn't work. I've set it to =true and i still see those messages...

Edited by Enrize

Can't boot into recovery partition "Recovery 10.14.6 (dmg).

The funny thing is that if I boot from my "Backup" disk I get straight into the Recovery environment. 

ScanPolicy set to 0. Last version OC build compiled from scratch. Nothing in the Configuration.pdf about recovery partition more than chapter 11.2.3 "What is the simplest way to install macOS?".

Glad for help!

2 minutes ago, obus said:

Can't boot into recovery partition "Recovery 10.14.6 (dmg).

The funny thing is that if I boot from my "Backup" disk I get straight into the Recovery environment. 

ScanPolicy set to 0. Last version OC build compiled from scratch. Nothing in the Configuration.pdf about recovery partition more than chapter 11.2.3 "What is the simplest way to install macOS?".

Glad for help!

Use HFSPlus.efi instead of vboxHFS.efi and set AvoidHighAlloc = YES

• Like 1

@all

Some of you are using in his rig 2 nvme driver on m2 slot with an Asus WS Sage 10G?

With a minimal config.plist and no Acpi patch I have only a regular boot on first boot or if I start clearing nvram after first working boot

If I do not clear system reboot itself before login or about 10 second after.

In this 10 second I can't see untitled (nvme windows icon) icon and system reboots

After reboot I have this apple report:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f941a913e): nvme: "Fatal error occurred. CSTS=0x3
. FW Revision=2B6QCXP7\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.71.1/

Using debug version does not help because no particular debug is shown

Anyone?

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, justin said:

then set AvoidHighAlloc = NO.

i don't see HFSPlus.efi in your config.plist

I reverted back to vboxHFS.efi when it didn't work.

Tested again with HFSPlus.efi and AvoidHighAlloc to NO and everything is working fine.

Thank's for your help.

I reverted back to vboxHFS.efi when it didn't work.

Tested again with HFSPlus.efi and AvoidHighAlloc to NO and everything is working fine.

Thank's for your help.

This is because vboxHFS.efi sometimes is extremely slow, if you wait for few minutes it will finally boot your recovery.

HFSPlus.efi is much faster.

AvoidHighAlloc  to Yes could also fix recovery boot failure on some motherboard, that’s why i suggested both, but it seems you don’t need this option for your motherboard. 

See vboxHFS.efi issue here: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/399

9 minutes ago, justin said:

This is because vboxHFS.efi sometimes is extremely slow, if you wait for few minutes it will finally boot your recovery.

HFSPlus.efi is much faster.

AvoidHighAlloc  to Yes could also fix recovery boot failure on some motherboard, that’s why i suggested both, but it seems you don’t need this option for your motherboard. 

See vboxHFS.efi issue here: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/399

Is there a "dedicated" HFSPlus.efi driver for OC or can I use the one I used in Clover without issue?

2 hours ago, Enrize said:

Hmm, but it doesn't work. I've set it to =true and i still see those messages...

This brings another question: what are valid Bool options?

Can we use YES, yes, true, TRUE for positive bool and NO, no, false, FALSE for negative bool? No such mentions in docs.

@vit9696 @Download-Fritz

3 minutes ago, obus said:

Is there a "dedicated" HFSPlus.efi driver for OC or can I use the one I used in Clover without issue?

The HFSPlus.efi is from Apple, there is one and only one, just like apfs.efi. 

3 minutes ago, justin said:

This brings another question: what are valid Bool options?

Can we use YES, yes, true, TRUE for positive bool and NO, no, false, FALSE for negative bool? No such mentions in docs.

All specs are discribed in manual. Read carefully 1.2 Generic terms and use approved plist editors.  

4 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

All specs are discribed in manual. Read carefully 1.2 Generic terms and use approved plist editors.  

Thanks, Vscode shows true/false while Plistedit pro shows YES/NO, i get it, it depends on "approved editors".

@justin That is just UI cosmetics, important is the boolean type is used in file, which only allows "true" and "false". I think Xcode displays them as "YES" and "NO" as well, but they all save to the same format (hopefully). Funny stuff like "true"/"false"/"YES"/"NO" as *strings* are not supported.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@all

Some of you are using in his rig 2 nvme driver on m2 slot with an Asus WS Sage 10G?

With a minimal config.plist and no Acpi patch I have only a regular boot on first boot or if I start clearing nvram after first working boot

If I do not clear system reboot itself before login or about 10 second after.

In this 10 second I can't see untitled (nvme windows icon) icon and system reboots

After reboot I have this apple report:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f941a913e): nvme: "Fatal error occurred. CSTS=0x3
. FW Revision=2B6QCXP7\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.71.1/

Using debug version does not help because no particular debug is shown

Anyone?

@devs

attached opecore debug log

By the way on M2 connector there is a 960 pro drive with Windows 10 Os in ntfs

I have no problem with other boot loaders but I would like to understand if I can have again OC as my daily preferred boot loader

TY

opencore.log.zip

added some infos

Using Asus F8 key  to choose oSX drive in bios drives scan (with OC EFI) system starts well always

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 7.33.21 PM.jpg

Edited by Guest
added others info

4 hours ago, justin said:

Yes. see attached example. 

bootercfg log=0 debug=0

894865465_ScreenShot2019-07-29at22_00_31.thumb.png.1a9616838aea9f730397be475b1e6e41.png

ConsoleControl=Yes Under UEFI/Protocols will disable those message's along with IgnoreTextInGraphics=YES Under UEFI/Quirks

Edited by MacFriedIntel

@Enrize

For emulated NVRAM, make sure you run:

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook /Users/(your username)/LogoutHook/LogoutHook.command

And when you restart, the nvram.plist will be added to your EFI. No extra work is necessary besides having LegacyEnable: set to YES and NVRAM variables set in LegacySchema. For more info, check this page: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/post-install/nvram

1 minute ago, Enrize said:

Hmm, i did exactly like you said but there is still no nvram.plist in my EFI folder...any ideas what might prevent it to work? I use 0.4 build.

if you happen to have a 390 board then that will cause an issue with the NVRAM not working

2 minutes ago, Enrize said:

Hmm, i did exactly like you said but there is still no nvram.plist in my EFI folder...any ideas what might prevent it to work? I use 0.4 build.

I have B360, but that’s why we need emulated NVRAM, is it not?

Goodluck Gigabyte Aurous Z390, Asus Z390 and so many others have this issue and still can't get it to work.