OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

If you execute some patches in in a row identical Find, that you shall consider actions of the previous patches.

2 All: To speed things up, code comparison software (like, but not limited to, Araxis Merge) comes in really handy. Running a few comparisons between a bunch of 'before' and 'after' code snapshots (copied over from MaciASL window) is the best way of planning how each consecutive patch maps against the intermediate code produced by the earlier patches.

So far so good yeiy..!!! Currently using DBG-004-2019-07-22 opencore-version.

I'm just, having some questions (or plz refer me to docs's part if I missed them):

1. How to hide (or mask) these Sensitive PlatformInfo Datas from logs?

OC: Setting HW_ROM XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX - Success
OC: Setting ROM XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX - Success
OC: Setting HW_MLB ABCDEFG0123456789 - Success
OC: Setting MLB ABCDEFG0123456789 - Success

2. I don't get what the 2nd line means, only occurred under 10.13.6 (nor with 10.14++). I use "AppleCpuPmCfgLock=true" under Kernel - Quirks (SandyBridge). AICPUPM is working fine though:

00:118 Patch success com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
01:201 Failed to apply patch com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement - Not Found

3. Any sample how these values look like?

\.contentDetails
\.disk_label.contentDetails

Many thanks.

config_a43sj_oc.zip

opencore-2019-07-22-233917.txt.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

Configuration.pdf
11.3 Tips and Tricks
1. How to debug boot failure?
Watch Dog is disabled to prevent automatic reboot: Uefi -> Quirks -> DisableWatchDog = true.

Can this be updated to

Misc -> Debug -> DisableWatchDog = true.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, headkaze said:

I've added Catalina support to my fork here (which also requires BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext for native driver injection) but @nytr0 is getting "Prelink injection BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - Invalid Parameter"

In what order do I need to have OC load the three kexts in Catalina? I have tried several combinations but still can't get DW1560 BT to work. Repo kext works fine from /L/E though. Thanks

Greetings from Japan,

May I have a chance to hear your advice within this community forum - since I could not complete the method of how to get the CPU temperature via Plug-in of SMC related kexts.

Within the environment of Clover boot loader, I can establish the chain of measurement for CPU temperature - like VirtualSmc.efi - VirtualSMC.kext - SMCProcessor.kext  .

However, On the config.plist - OC - Kernel - Add , I put the definition for Processor temperature plug-in  as same as VirtualSMC.kext ( off course  - below position  than one for VirtualSMC.kext  ).

But, the OpenCore loader rejected this definition , and showed me the it was missing.

So, What/how should I do to get  the Temperature information of Processor  within OpenCore loader's world ?

Pls provide your advice . 

Note: For your understanding, I add the exsample image  of which kind error message has come out.

IMG_0740.jpg

13 minutes ago, Faster4Run said:

Greetings from Japan,

May I have a chance to hear your advice within this community forum - since I could not complete the method of how to get the CPU temperature via Plug-in of SMC related kexts.

Within the environment of Clover boot loader, I can establish the chain of measurement for CPU temperature - like VirtualSmc.efi - VirtualSMC.kext - SMCProcessor.kext  .

However, On the config.plist - OC - Kernel - Add , I put the definition for Processor temperature plug-in  as same as VirtualSMC.kext ( off course  - below position  than one for VirtualSMC.kext  ).

But, the OpenCore loader rejected this definition , and showed me the it was missing.

So, What/how should I do to get  the Temperature information of Processor  within OpenCore loader's world ?

Pls provide your advice . 

Note: For your understanding, I add the exsample image  of which kind error message has come out.

IMG_0740.jpg

The pictures shows you are using FakeSMC instead of VituralSMC. If you have plugins inside FakeSMC, you need to either do one of 2 things. Take all the plugins out of FakeSMC and add them to Kexts folder individually (easiest way) or set the correct path to load those kext inside FakeSMC path after FakeSMC is loaded first of course.

Hi All

I am having problems with sleep/wake when using OpenCore. Perhaps I am missing something obvious in the config.plist?

Machine details:

OptiPlex 7010 MT motherboard (Q77 chipset, AMT enabled)
Xeon E3-1245v2 (Ivy Bridge, Intel HD Graphics P4000)
4x4GB DDR3 non-ECC
Radeon RX 560

BIOS patched to unlock MSR2 register.

IGP is disabled. Sleep/wake is working reliably when using Windows, Linux and macOS 10.14 booted using Clover with MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.

Latest efi, kext and OpenCore versions as of last night.

Custom USBPorts.kext to ensure EHCI + XHCI + HUB total port count is <= 15.

Sleep/wake behaviour when using OpenCore:

1. First sleep/wake cycle generally works. Second sleep attempt does not. Monitor goes off but the machine hangs and does not go to sleep (power led does not start blinking). It is not possible to wake it by any means.

2. Sometimes second sleep/wake cycle works. Machine hangs with the same symptoms on third attempt.

3. Sometimes first sleep attempt does not work. Same symptoms.

4. Sometimes after second or third wake machine hangs at runtime. Monitor does not go off when it happens. Screen stops updating, keyboard/mouse input does not work, machine is not reachable on the network, etc.

I have kernel serial port debugging enabled but am not seeing anything interesting logged before sleep attempt that results in a hang, other than couple of "GTrace synchronization point" messages.

config.plist file attached.config.plist

Advanced issues found

On 7/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, Badruzeus said:

@cecekpawon Thanks for CrScreenshotDxe efi driver. 

https://habr.com/en/post/274463

Anyway, which app / command under macOS for showing gfx info about EFI GOP support similar to GPU-z on Windows?

[...]

Same question here, how can I check if my video card has UEFI GOP support on macOS?

I have three rigs switched to OpenCore and all except one are working better than Clover. One of them I have a 7970 GHz edition that was flashed with a VBIOS that claims to have UEFI GOP added, but when I have two monitors connected to the card it doesn't boot in native resolution (both POST and OpenCore).

By the way I was experiencing random reboots with Clover, and after switching to OpenCore that issue seems to be gone.

Awesome work! Thanks for everything!

On 7/24/2019 at 7:24 AM, Pavo said:

The pictures shows you are using FakeSMC instead of VituralSMC. If you have plugins inside FakeSMC, you need to either do one of 2 things. Take all the plugins out of FakeSMC and add them to Kexts folder individually (easiest way) or set the correct path to load those kext inside FakeSMC path after FakeSMC is loaded first of course.

Pls advise me again.

With the acton which you pointed ourt for me. I did the work.

The symptom error message was changed. 

To solve this missing error, I also the defintion of Misc - Boot _ HbernateMode ( No -> Auto ), But, unchaged.

I STILL need your help !!

1) & 2x).png

2) .png

4) IMG_0741.jpg

6).png

On 7/24/2019 at 1:24 AM, Badruzeus said:

@cecekpawon Thanks for CrScreenshotDxe efi driver. 

https://habr.com/en/post/274463

Anyway, which app / command under macOS for showing gfx info about EFI GOP support similar to GPU-z on Windows?

23160458.png

There is no such app like GPU-Z under mac(already looked for), hope I'm wrong. You could find useful info under this link

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:24 AM, Pavo said:

The pictures shows you are using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC. If you have plugins inside FakeSMC, you need to either do one of 2 things. Take all the plugins out of FakeSMC and add them to Kexts folder individually (easiest way) or set the correct path to load those kext inside FakeSMC path after FakeSMC is loaded first of course.

Thank you for your quick response and kind advice.

Unfortunately my trial of "Establishing the health care ( temperatture ) of my CPU processor, has still in the dark.

Since I am a beginner of OpenCore loader , so I have to learn more about the OpenCore loader - especially how to put the plug-in for SMCxxx kext ( I prefer to like FakeSMC rather than Virtual SMC).

Let me ask you some question as below.

Pls answer them for my better understanding how the OpenCore loader grows.

Q1: In addition to support the  FakeSMC.kext itself, several plug-in xxxx Sensors.kexts also can be using ( means already supported ). Is it right ??

Q2: For quick understanding for how to put plug-in sensors kext into somewhere of the config.plist, May I see any example of config.plist which your development team has already tested and passed OK - for the health-care of temperature measurement of CPU processor ?

Q3: Or in the near feature of Docs for OpenCore your development team will put the supplement for how to use the plug-in of xxxSMC.kext for temperature measurement  with xxxSensores.kexts ?

Q4: Anything else for how to care any H/W parts of Hacintosh ( CPU, GPU, ACPI...) - if lest of us should be familiar ?

23 hours ago, Faster4Run said:

With the acton which you pointed ourt for me. I did the work.

The symptom error message was changed. 

To solve this missing error, I also the defintion of Misc - Boot _ HbernateMode ( No -> Auto ), But, unchaged.

here is what you should do:

1. move them to the kexts folder, like attached pictures shows

2. right click each FakeSMC_xxxx.kext, then, show package contents, you will open a new folder, and you will see the tree : Contents/MacOS/xxxx (for ExecutablePath) and Contents/Info.plist (for PlistPath), correct the config.plist based on what you actually see. 

1015279933_1)2x).png.820c22d980a48960967b5117809cd940.png

Put all your kexts under OC/Kexts/ , no sub folder. right click each kexts, and show it’s contents, check each’s Contents, correct each items in config.plist. If you don’t see MacOS folder in a kext, then ExecutablePath should be empty. 

Now do you have a clue? 

On 7/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, justin said:

Put all your kexts under OC/Kexts/ , no sub folder. right click each kexts, and show it’s contents, check each’s Contents, correct each items in config.plist. If you don’t see MacOS folder in a kext, then ExecutablePath should be empty. 

Now do you have a clue? 

Today, it is Good-Day for me since the trial of CPU-temperature-sensors xxxSMC-plugin has been successfull.

The one of attachment may be shown how it is correctly sensed.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your kind advice and support.

Temp-Get-Sucess 2019-07-27 16.09.52.png

On 7/24/2019 at 12:33 AM, displhehynehym said:

In what order do I need to have OC load the three kexts in Catalina? I have tried several combinations but still can't get DW1560 BT to work. Repo kext works fine from /L/E though. Thanks

Can anyone answer my question regarding the loading order of headkaze's fork of Broadcom BT kexts via the bootloader?

13 hours ago, displhehynehym said:

Can anyone answer my question regarding the loading order of headkaze's fork of Broadcom BT kexts via the bootloader?

*****Greetings from JPN,

Since I had also some experience on how is the sequesnce of loading  many required kexts for SMC_plugin in the Kernel-Add section of config.plist, SO I believe  -  may I help you (as still a beginner of OpenCore loader)  ?

For rest of us - to excactly understand where you are standing to your trouble,

Could you please provide additional information/photography on what/How/When your trouble is ?

<< “still can't get DW1560 BT to work.” >>

Q1: Does the OpenCore loader show you any error message ?

Ex. Missing xxxx.kext   etc

Q2: Can you take the screenshot of expanding the content of Kernel - Add “ items, one by one ? 

(As a example, I attached my case of Kernel- Add definition for many kexts ) 

And pls show us ( member community of this discussion ) as some attachment of your reply ?

Q3: I recommend to confirm the actual name of kext which is shown in the package of xxxxx.kext.

The reason of why I am asking, is that sometime short name of actual kext is used in the /content/MacOS.

This is a difference from Cloverbboot loader environment, so I also confused and misunderstood in the past days.

Example ( thru my experience );

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext  -->    CPUSensors ( in contents/MacOS  of ExcutetablePath)

Note)  If you look into the following Web page, you may find any hints to solve your problem.
 Getting-Started-With-OpenCore
 A brief guide to using the OpenCore bootloader for hackintoshes  
https://insanelymacdiscord.github.io/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore/

* Very Important sentence in this web-page reference ( maybe)  :  
>Kernel
>Add: Here we can specify kexts to inject from our EFI into the kernel kextcache. Order of kexts is >important, they are loaded in this order. Plugins for other kexts should always come after the main >kext. Lilu should be first, then Lilu plugins like WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC.

Have a fight-spirit and good luck !!!!

Example of Kernel-  add- Items -included FakeSMC_plugIns 2019-07-28 11.37.11.png

• Thanks 1

Hi, in order to boot in Clover i need to apply the following patch.

<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Fix Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug</string>
  <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
  <key>Find</key>
    <data>
      oAqTU1RBUwE=
    </data>
  <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
      oAqRCv8L//8=
    </data>
</dict>

How to apply the same patch in OpenCore?

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enrize said:

Hi, in order to boot in Clover i need to apply the following patch.

<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Fix Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug</string>
  <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
  <key>Find</key>
    <data>
      oAqTU1RBUwE=
    </data>
  <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
      oAqRCv8L//8=
    </data>
</dict>

How to apply the same patch in OpenCore?

Thanks!

Use this SSDT https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-AWAC.dsl

• Thanks 1